Gen 2 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

*flattered*

I thought you missed my Igglybuff/Blissey, but then I saw them marked as complete.

in any case

also, you marked sentret/furret/ledian as might gai's

I SEE YOU MIGHT GAI

VyARG09.jpg

But seriously, Might Gai does a great job with the sprites as well, so it is completely understandable if you get confused with our sprites.

edit: taking gligar and hoppip line

seriously am always mindblown by your work, specially starmie, we had the same idea at the same time, great minds think alike i guess

anyway, everyones favorite pokemon:

tdkhTBg.png7Jr3ElZ.png

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) Thanks for the tips Jan.

The file itself for the backsprite is really wonky, not sure what's wrong exactly? It seems to have a colored background and the darker-brown outline color didn't appear in the file preview?

202s.png

202sb.png

1 hour ago, HYCROX said:

If all is good then I want Gligar and the Quaggy line

sorry, pal. already did gligar

Spoiler

y55GCT7.pngFbkQKUL.png (male)

MP9iTrM.pngDGmqPxY.png (female)

as a bonus: gliscor

VW7acCD.png

going to do gliscor's backsprite in 4th gen bc i'm lazy_af.png

if you couldn't tell, they're based on scorpio from fairy tail

hee

@Might Gai oh my god that starmie took me an entire day no joke

im afraid of stars now tbh

Edited by Atticus

2 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Now, if these get approved, may I do Politoed and Aipom?

JK I did something completely different instead. I just sort of got an idea that I felt was too good to pass up. Anyways, here's alien Slugma (and Magcargo).

Spoiler

Wh8DfMH.pngoSq27zZ.png

sUB0cJO.pngrXrayVK.png

Also I don't think that anyone has claimed these two yet, but if they have, just ignore these sprites.

Working on the female sprites now, but what color for the beak do you suggest?  Something bright?  Something dark?  I experimented with trying to do a black beak to give it that raven kind of feel to it, and this was what I got.  I also updated the front and back sprites too, as I overlooked some tiny errors and fixed them.

If that doesn't work either, just let me know and leave some suggestions.  In the meantime, I'll keep working on the female sprites.  Later in the morning, perhaps.

198s 2.png

198sb 2.png

198s.png

198sb.png

So, here are the backsprites for the spiders!

Ariados B.pngSpinerak B.png

Almost done with misdreavus's backsprite.

(Here's to hoping that some pokemon will be left for me...)

Edit: So, here's the backsprite for misdreavus.

Misdreavus B.png

If all my sprites are approved I'd like to do Mega charizard X and bellossom next.

Also, question about the togepi contest: are we allowed to enter more than one design?

Edited by KmK

Okay, so here are two other versions of Noctowl : the fist is just the original with withe wings and a better shading (i think) but if you want something different, here is something REALLY different. Bonus point to the guy who figures what reference i tried to do with this. I'll make the backsprite and the Hoothoot after you decide which you prefer

164s v2.png

164s.png

Edited by Siragon

I noticed that some of the outlines on my Ampharos idea were a bit iffy, so I changed them. Here:

181.png181_1.png

Also, what do you think of this Quaggy?

195f.png

If you approve then I'll make the woopre in the same style.

Edited by HYCROX

I was bored, so I made Mega Charizard X

006_1.png006b_1.png

I know, I know, it was already (kinda) claimed, but since I had none other to do, I decided to try these out. Feel free to reject them though, I just did these for fun (like Robbie Rhydon)

Edited by HYCROX

• Developers

19 hours ago, MakaTorracat said:

I did dots to represent flower buds :P

Not sure how much the dots work here. Not sure how to criticize this one because I'm not sure how one would sprite flower buds effectively. 

Anyone else have any thoughts? 

18 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

As I said, the broken up parts seem to just be a weird side effect from uploading, it looks fine on when I open the file on my desktop... not sure why though.

Yea I was just manually editing the pixels in paint (cringe) but I don't know what else to use that has a good colour replacement tool.

also am I just being blind? I can't see any pink in it...

if the colors themselves aren't good, I'll try think up a different colour scheme or two to try instead with a better program once someone suggests one.

Hm... That's weird. 

Also the pink parts are here:

Spoiler

b0fba7b57448fe2f2dc18a4dbb61b0d3.png

18 hours ago, Might Gai said:

and am here right clicking with the eraser in paint ...

well as much as i hate this game (i was dumb enough to nuzlocke it) it was part of my childhood, so here it is azombarill :

7KNvDEW.pngYP2hDCV.pngfeyzuaw.pngkBo3Oh2.png

if you hate me for bringing back nightmares, at least it's not pink

Well. That's nightmare fuel.  I like it. 

18 hours ago, HYCROX said:

The outline in the left one stands out a little, just a little, bit more that I'd like, and that's what I tried to avoid in my version (but yes, a second look shortly after the sprite was made made the outline problems clear for me, but then I had to do other stuff). But I really liked the red Heracross. Therefore, I made the sprites match that colour scheme:

214.png(male) 214f.png(female) 214b.png(male) 214fb.png(female)

About Mega Heracross, I couldn't decide on what colour would look better with the red, so I'm gonna leave that to you:

214_1.png214_1(2).png214_1(1).png

Also, Yanma backsprite:

193b.png

If all is good then I want Gligar and the Quaggy line

I think the blue goes well now with the new red. So let's go with that. 

Yanma is approved. 

18 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

OK I got GIMP and worked out how to colour replace, And tried out a sort of fire-inspired Corsola.

222s.png

Ok Here's the backsprite. Red matches the front colour palette I believe, but I also tried an orange one. not sure which looks better

222sbr.png222sbo.png

This is definitely an improvement. Though, the shading is way tooo harsh for that orange. 

4e1c4c719d7764418e8abd8d88327671.png

Something like this would probably be better. Though I had an idea for another Corsola shiny sprite, which was Corsola with Mareanie colors. 

vYdQBOu.png

I thought it was a shiny that made sense. Perhaps Corsola have changed their colors to Mareanie's so that they can survive longer by evading their attacks?

Any thoughts?

17 hours ago, Might Gai said:

seriously am always mindblown by your work, specially starmie, we had the same idea at the same time, great minds think alike i guess

anyway, everyones favorite pokemon:

tdkhTBg.png7Jr3ElZ.png

Okay... words can describe how much I hate this... because I love it so much. The concept is so siimple but you pulled off the colors so well.

I LOVE this. 

Approved! 

17 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

:) Thanks for the tips Jan.

The file itself for the backsprite is really wonky, not sure what's wrong exactly? It seems to have a colored background and the darker-brown outline color didn't appear in the file preview?

202s.png

202sb.png

That's fine! I can take it from  here. 

17 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

And the Cyndaquil line is finished!

Reveal hidden contents

fSK9L67.pngdUJTL4c.png

5nszzTY.pngCw9CZLi.png

pLbMbdO.pngeW3Sd3w.png

Now, if these get approved, may I do Politoed and Aipom?

I love the color choices here! Approved! Politoed and Aipom are yours.

17 hours ago, Bluedodobob said:

Here are the new Houndalmations

Hide contents

228s.png228sb.png

229s.png229sb.png229fs.png229fsb.png

229s_1.png229sb_1.png

As for the Ampharos line, use Zumi's.

If these are alright I'll take Smeargle and Mantine.

These are better, but the spots need better blending. I'll take it from here, though. 

16 hours ago, Desaya said:

Sunkern line.

191.png  191b.png

192.png  192b.png

I really like the idea here! The color choices are nice but they have some issues with them

Lm1iMKD.pngkodwk0K.png

If you can redo the backsprites similar to these two, (which it should only be a few color edits) it should be ready for approval. 

16 hours ago, Atticus said:

sorry, pal. already did gligar

Reveal hidden contents

y55GCT7.pngFbkQKUL.png (male)

MP9iTrM.pngDGmqPxY.png (female)

as a bonus: gliscor

VW7acCD.png

going to do gliscor's backsprite in 4th gen bc i'm lazy_af.png

if you couldn't tell, they're based on scorpio from fairy tail

hee

@Might Gai oh my god that starmie took me an entire day no joke

im afraid of stars now tbh

Wow.... I'm thoroughly impressed with this. These are really nice! 

Approved. 

15 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

JK I did something completely different instead. I just sort of got an idea that I felt was too good to pass up. Anyways, here's alien Slugma (and Magcargo).

Reveal hidden contents

Wh8DfMH.pngoSq27zZ.png

sUB0cJO.pngrXrayVK.png

Also I don't think that anyone has claimed these two yet, but if they have, just ignore these sprites.

I like these a lot! I have a bias for this type of green. Approved!

15 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Tried my hand at a Mega Aerodactyl to match the approved one in the gen 1 thread

142s_1.png142sb_1.png

Approved!

13 hours ago, Trevore said:

Working on the female sprites now, but what color for the beak do you suggest?  Something bright?  Something dark?  I experimented with trying to do a black beak to give it that raven kind of feel to it, and this was what I got.  I also updated the front and back sprites too, as I overlooked some tiny errors and fixed them.

If that doesn't work either, just let me know and leave some suggestions.  In the meantime, I'll keep working on the female sprites.  Later in the morning, perhaps.

198s 2.png

198sb 2.png

198s.png

198sb.png

Oh, I actually really like the gray beaks/claws etc. I'll take those!

9 hours ago, KmK said:

So, here are the backsprites for the spiders!

Ariados B.pngSpinerak B.png

Almost done with misdreavus's backsprite.

(Here's to hoping that some pokemon will be left for me...)

Edit: So, here's the backsprite for misdreavus.

Misdreavus B.png

If all my sprites are approved I'd like to do Mega charizard X and bellossom next.

Also, question about the togepi contest: are we allowed to enter more than one design?

Could you resend the Ariados with a white background/transparent background? The outline was lost in the black background. Spinarak is fine ,though.

Also, I'll need the front sprite of Misdreavus as well. In png of course. 

8 hours ago, Siragon said:

Okay, so here are two other versions of Noctowl : the fist is just the original with withe wings and a better shading (i think) but if you want something different, here is something REALLY different. Bonus point to the guy who figures what reference i tried to do with this. I'll make the backsprite and the Hoothoot after you decide which you prefer

164s v2.png

164s.png

I really like the new one you made!

7D3tsQl.png

Made some color corrections. If you can replicate this with the backsprite/other hoothoot lines, then it'll be ready for approval! Try to not use many different shades of the same color. You can reuse color in other places and it'll have the same effect!

6 hours ago, HYCROX said:

I noticed that some of the outlines on my Ampharos idea were a bit iffy, so I changed them. Here:

181.png181_1.png

Also, what do you think of this Quaggy?

195f.png

If you approve then I'll make the woopre in the same style.

Get called out, Zumi... Inside joke, anywayI've already accepted Zumi's ampharos design. 

Also that's fine for Quagsire I think. The blue spot on the back kinda stand out. 

55 minutes ago, HYCROX said:

I was bored, so I made Mega Charizard X

006_1.png006b_1.png

I know, I know, it wasn't claimed, but since I had none other to do, I decided to try these out. Feel free to reject them though, I just did these for fun (like Robbie Rhydon)

I like the red/green colors. I'll approve this!

21 minutes ago, Jan said:

I love the color choices here! Approved! Politoed and Aipom are yours.

Thanks for the kind words! And good thing I can do Politoed and Aipom because I already did.

Spoiler

Politoed
Male:
DAMwHAb.png3hawbuA.png

Female:

tM2QDY9.pngQXfgsxE.png

Aipom

Male:
miEYWA6.pngI8sqdFL.png

Female:

P3F0F57.pngcRiZcB6.png

Ambipom will come soon-ish. (Yeah it's a gen 4 mon, but I'm gonna do it now anyways for convenience.)

Edited by Korvpizza

• Developers
19 hours ago, KmK said:

I'm sorry, I had no idea jpeg ruins the quality.

Here you go, in png this time.

Misdreavus 1.png

Spinerak 1.pngAriados.png

And I'll remember it for the future.

p.s. I just wanna say, I love the game. Personally, I play it for the story. But I also like the fact that it's more of a challenge. Keep up the good work!

p.s.s. One last thing, I love your design for the chikorita line.

16 minutes ago, KmK said:

Here you go.

I thought I already send the misdreavus frontsprite, but here it is.

Ariados B 1.pngMisdreavus 1.png

Oh.. so you did. Sorry about that I completely missed your post. I was really behind so I was rushing through replying. Anyway...

Thank you! I hope the rest of the game lives up to your expectations ^^;

Edit: For the contest, yes, you may submit more than one design!

10 minutes ago, Korvpizza said:

Thanks for the kind words! And good thing I can do Politoed and Aipom because I already did.

Reveal hidden contents

Politoed
Male:
DAMwHAb.png3hawbuA.png

Female:

tM2QDY9.pngQXfgsxE.png

Aipom

Male:
miEYWA6.pngI8sqdFL.png

Female:

P3F0F57.pngcRiZcB6.png

Ambipom will come soon-ish. (Yeah it's a gen 4 mon, but I'm gonna do it now anyways for convenience.)

These are cute! Approved!

• Global Mods

Im looking back at this on mobile, and I see what you mean with both the pink bits and the colouring: I think the colours on my monitor might be a bit off (its kinda old) Aerodactyl worked because I just downloaded and sampled directly from the pic on the gen 1 thread.

The Mareanie Idea is really cool, I haven't played SuMo so I didnt really think of anything like that. Current one looks pretty cool, Though I might try one inverting the blue and purple to see how it looks with the lighter colour on the bottom, and blue is on the top with the vanilla shiny.

I made the blue red for it not to stand out that much, so here:

195f.png

HOWever, I also had another idea for Quaggy:

195.png

(Rocky Quaggy)

If you prefer the latter, then I'll move on

5 minutes ago, Jan said:

Oh.. so you did. Sorry about that I completely missed your post. I was really behind so I was rushing through replying. Anyway...

Thank you! I hope the rest of the game lives up to your expectations ^^;

That's alright, I already suspected it was because of the massive amount of posts.

Are my sprites approved?

If they are I'd like to do bellossom and stantler next :)

56 minutes ago, Jan said:

I really like the idea here! The color choices are nice but they have some issues with them

If you can redo the backsprites similar to these two, (which it should only be a few color edits) it should be ready for approval. 

Taking notes on the colors there, it was a small change but really made a difference.

Here are the backsprites. (I made 2 of Sunkern because the original sprite is all one color and looks weird to me)

191b.png  191b.png

192b.png

Edited by Desaya

• Developers
23 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Im looking back at this on mobile, and I see what you mean with both the pink bits and the colouring: I think the colours on my monitor might be a bit off (its kinda old) Aerodactyl worked because I just downloaded and sampled directly from the pic on the gen 1 thread.

The Mareanie Idea is really cool, I haven't played SuMo so I didnt really think of anything like that. Current one looks pretty cool, Though I might try one inverting the blue and purple to see how it looks with the lighter colour on the bottom, and blue is on the top with the vanilla shiny.

Sounds good to me!

13 minutes ago, HYCROX said:

I made the blue red for it not to stand out that much, so here:

195f.png

HOWever, I also had another idea for Quaggy:

195.png

(Rocky Quaggy)

If you prefer the latter, then I'll move on

Rocky Quaggy is best Quaggy. Let's go with that. 

5 minutes ago, Desaya said:

Taking notes on the colors there, it was a small change but really made a difference.

Here are the backsprites. (I made 2 of Sunkern because the original sprite is all one color and looks weird to me)

191b.png  191b.png

192b.png

Yep. It's really incredible how a small change can make a huge difference. These look really good! Approved!

That's alright, I already suspected it was because of the massive amount of posts.

Are my sprites approved?

If they are I'd like to do bellossom and stantler next :)

Yep! Go for it.