Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

KkPQGBp.png

Rayne satisfied with this, decided to look around to try and find a place to pick up sewing supplies. However, she wasn't really sure where she'd do such a thing here. This was... an extremely good formula for Rayne getting lost as Beau wasn't with her to keep her head out of the clouds. 

Listening to the background music for a while, Idei looks around and notices a man with a guitar, likely the one who was playing the music.

----------------------

The wyvern looks up at Karik and doesn't seem to mind the petting much. At the same time, Rayne, who had ended up getting lost, found her way to the doors of the bar.

---------------------

"The knife and the lockpicks will run you 1050 vespers. And what about you girl? What were you coming in here to get again?" the man asks.

tumblr_inline_okf1wmiwUa1sg2hsu_100.png

He's always found that with his eyes closed, it's easier to be. The world grows bigger and louder when one can't see it, as though vision is itself limiting. Odd to think, for someone born and raised in a tribe of archers, but he's felt this way since he was a boy, sitting out near the steppe with his father and uncle and closing his eyes, listening to the strident mating calls of distant hawks as they circled far overhead. One becomes aware of so much that had until then been ignored, and what had there been the whistling pitch of the wind ( higher when bad weather was on the way ) here becomes the gentle burble of the fountain water, the laughter of passing children on the street. A melody of strings rises over the midday clamor after a minute or so, and for a little while, Idei focuses on that.

The sound of strings comforts him. There's an instrument like it he had heard once in the short weeks he had spent in Arcadia, though there it had been tinnier and higher-pitched. Here, the quality of the sound is different, a little more resonant. Finally, he opens his eyes, intrigued by the sound; he gets up again and looks about for the source of it, eventually locating the man a few paces further down the street.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlac4g1sg2hsu_100.png

Streetside musicians are not an uncommon sight in cities and town centers like this one, but he had never seen them in his youth. Kite gives a huff behind him and shakes his head, jingling the iron of his reins, and Idei waits until the man has finished with the present interlude and there is a pause in the song before stepping forward with a few vespers. This is what one does for street performers, right? "You play well," he remarks quietly. It isn't just a throwaway compliment, either; he had been born with something of an ear for music and can discern standards of quality apart from each other with some finesse. "Can I hear something else?"

KkPQGBp.png

Rayne hadn't really noticed she had gotten lost until she noticed a building she hadn't really before. It was a tavern of some sorts. Definitely not the place she wanted to be. However, looking around... she... didn't know how she got here. She was too focused on what she was going to pick up she forgot to actually pay attention to where she was going. If only she had Beau with her she'd not have trailed off. He'd have kept her paying attention. Or... really anyone else would've sufficed. She'd not have gone on her own. It was a bad... bad idea. Perhaps she could get directions to get back to her destination and further... to get her bearings for returning to the center of town. If there was any place to find some locals, or friendly capable people traveling through that might know a thing or two... a tavern was the place to look. Well, some of the seedier folk and undesirables resided here as well but this place didn't look that much like a cesspit and further Rayne trusted her people judging skills.

She went in to look for a suitable person to assist her.

Going through the tavern, Rayne notices that the bar seems to be in quite a state of disorder, with a few broken tables around the the place. Some of the other people in the bar are layed out on the floor, though it seems to be more due to injuries than the alcohol. Looking about, Rayne notices two women sitting at the pub that doesn't appear to be too suspect, though the two seem to be glaring at each other.

oFAdgyX.png

"Alright I'll take 'em!" He said taking out 1050 Vespers and placing them on the counter. He then take the parrying knife and lockpicks and proceeds to head out but before he leaves he speaks,  "I hope business goes well for you in the future, I'll be sure to stop by next time I'm in town." With that he leaves the store, but now what to do...?

JJQ28EM.png

"..." Looking over the man's stock again, she noticed the blade that her attention had been called to when she first walked in was no longer there, oddly enough. She could've sworn she had seen it among the other items, was nearly certain, but yet plain as day, it was nowhere to be seen. But she couldn't have simply been imagining it... the spirits even backed her up when asked, there had most certainly be one more blade available for purchase before the Rogue had showed up...

"Damn... fine, whatever. Guess it would be too much to ask to be able to poison their wounds and make our lives a bit easier. Just another reason to dislike these trinkets of barbarism, tomes don't go and mysteriously vanish when you know they were right there just a moment ago...at least not most of the time."

"....I'll take the Iron Knife, and that's about it." She finally sighed, wanting nothing more than to just acquire some means of ranged combat and getting out of there...

"..." A man stands relaxed, leaning against the wall of a house as he plays a rather slow but deep rhythm on his guitar. The mellow undertone and the powerful base of the song suit him, but he doesn't like it. He never could get into the whole mood of, y'know, performing on such a busy city square. The venue was limiting in its openness and liveliness, and he couldn't do it the way he really wanted to.

He'd just make a ruckus if he imbued the thing with his magic in such a place.

And besides, he was just here to earn a bit of cash. He's probably have plenty of time to crank it up later, especially if the darn city had a darker side to it during the night, or if he finally came across someone interesting.

"Like that's gonna happen, pffft." He snarks as the piece finishes, his guitar's final beats sounding so silent in comparison to the rest of the noise in this place, overshadowed even by the voice that called out to him.

cassfin3_by_ninjacyndaquil-db016ab.png

Cass raised an eyebrow at the man standing before him. He first looked at his face, then followed the jingling sound of coins in his hand, then back to his face.

"Thanks, I s'ppose, but I'm done for the day." He says with a smirk, hanging the guitar onto his back and kneeling down to pick up a small leather bag filled with pocket change. "Tsk." He grits his teeth as he feels the bag's weight-or rather, the lack of it. He would've gone away by now, but hell, he needed more money-he'd broken into enough shops and threatened enough old ladies daring enough to leave the safety of their homes at night here since he came about that if he tried again there'd most likely be some consequences. And he wasn't gonna deal with consequences.

And so he turned back to the guy, with a roll in his eyes.

cassfin2_by_ninjacyndaquil-db013sb.png

"Ooookay, so what kinda song would ya wanna hear me play now?"

Something painfully boring, he'd presume.

KkPQGBp.png

"Huh, those two seem to not be in the best of moods but they look the most trustworthy here. Perhaps... if I just talk to one of them... they'll just forget whatever reason they are glaring at each other. Who to go with though...?" she thought to herself while looking them over. Rayne noted they both had purple hair. Weird... really weird. She'd never really seen it before. two times at the same time... huh. Odd. Still, She quickly reached a decision. 

"I'll take the taller one. She seems more dependable... and less mad. Perhaps I can convince her easier to help me out. Besides... she looks pretty cute. I guess that's a bonus.~ Huh, her armour is really nice also. Looks like she also forgot her shoulder pad too. OOO, Maybe she's like me!!! OOOOOOOOO, That would make convincing her even easier we'd ahve things in common! I think that's how things work...? I dunno."

E5PmY05.png

She walked over without much hesitation and tapped the woman's shoulder. "You look rather capable, I seem to be in need of assistance. My name is Rayne Marigold, Tailor and member of the Royal Guard. However I'm... uh. Lost." she turned a little red admitting this. "I'm sorta new to this place and don't really know my way around town, so I got lost while I was looking for a place to pick up some goods for my tailoring work. I got so caught up in what I was going to buy for my next piece... I don't know where I am anymore. So, I shall recruit your services to help me find out where I am!'

Spoiler

VJoyE7Z.png

"We can do it together! You can be my royal guard guard! Think of the unlosting we will do! And you can protect me and stuff while I do the most dangerous activity of all... buying things while being an indecisive airhead! Well... and help me actually find my friends... I don't know how to get back to them. Will you help me please? What do you say?" a wink accompanied it along with a small handsign, as she held up her two fingers in the shape of a V near her winky eye.

"For the last time, I was not making a short joke, I was talking about the bar stools..."

As Rayne approaches, the taller woman looks away from her short conversation partner, fuming a bit, although she brightens quickly.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDQzMjY5NzQ4NzU1MDA1NDUvMjg0MTE1NTc2NTUxMzc0ODUxL0VRQXpGeHkucG5nIn0.rCs8ZBEB1gWid1Mu8JEDlszcBm0

"Ah, you're new here, too? Yeah, I can kinda see how you'd get lost in a new place... I could help if you want, yeah. Not like I'm doing anything other than drinking a bit right now - don't worry, it takes more than just a mug to get me tipsy - so why not. What's a Royal Guard doing here, anyway? Seems a bit out of the way."

She pauses, before remembering something.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDQzMjY5NzQ4NzU1MDA1NDUvMjg0MTE1NTc2NTUxMzc0ODUxL0VRQXpGeHkucG5nIn0.rCs8ZBEB1gWid1Mu8JEDlszcBm0

"Oh, forgot to introduce myself. My name is Clarisse Verun. A pleasure to meet you. I've only been here a week, but I think I got a decent idea of the place."

Edited by Twinwolf

Thus far in his time with the Royal Guard, Idei might not have talked to many people -- even those he now calls his allies -- but it doesn't take much to see when a man isn't interested in being nice. In fact, he doesn't seem interested in anything to do with him, and Idei watches as he moves to pack up his few things; has he offended him? It's a fleeting thought, since prior to his approach the musician had been apparently content to mind his own business making music here on the side of the street. He clearly lacks that same innocuous, harmless look of most street performers that Idei has passed by, and while in hindsight that could be the reason for his meager earnings, at the moment he doesn't think much of the man's appearance, only of the music that's ended.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlac4g1sg2hsu_100.png

" . . . " It's difficult for him to find a response when the stranger is so clearly not keen on being here, or even pretending to be so.

At the same time, there's something reassuring in gruffness of his tone, as though it's an indicator of true honesty, however unpalatable. Thinking of it in this way helps a little, and he reaches further into the pouch fastened at his waist. "That's your decision," he replies. "Something you know well, from wherever you call home." He extends the now slightly heavier pouch with a slightly expectant look. "Three hundred. For something you're passionate about."

Why has this man turned to music? He wants to find out through the listening of it.

KkPQGBp.png

"The pleasure is mine~" Rayne gave a curtsy with the line. Bit strange to do when one was in armour but... worked nonetheless. Rayne promptly forgot Clarisse even asked her a question and just continued on.

"Okay...so I need to find place I can pick up string and thread and needles and just... stuff I need. You know any places like that? Once I'm done with that I'm supposed to find the fountain at the center of town or something like that. I don't really remember, but I'll figure it out. Maybe... Who knows! We should get going though. I don't want the rest to have to wait on me too much. They might get lonely."

4dnFIdJ.png "Thash what they all say as soon as they find out I can put up a fight! Now apologize or you'll - wait, huh?"

SNIzbR0.png "Royal guard? I'm a royal guard! Are you the bastards I've been trying to chase down for days? I was s'posed ta come and help you guys out when we didn't hear back from ya. Now, uh, where was I?" She looked somewhat wobbily about the room. "Oh, right. YOU!" She started to wind up a punch, a prospect that posed a fair amount of danger judging from the situation, though it wasn't exactly happening at lightning speed.

"She, on the other hand, can't seem to hold her liquor..." Clarisse says, as she takes a step back from the somewhat drunk Royal Guard's clumsy punch. "I'm serious! And even if I had done that, you don't need to start a dang bar fight over it! I used most of my money paying the owner back for the damages, including the parts you caused!"

KkPQGBp.png

Rayne stayed silent. She decided it be more fun to let this play out some more before saying anything herself. She sorta just spaced out watching the other two women have this minor kerfuffle. Well... now minor. It looked like a tornado came through this place. A tiny tornado...

"One knife eh? Normally be 400 but uhh, since you had to sit through that little mess I'll drop it to 350 and call it a day. Sound good to you?" he asks with a slight grin, embarrassed about the scene he caused earlier.

The purple haired woman, for her part, nearly toppled over upon missing her punch; it seemed she'd been relying on connecting to maintain her balance.

UcB1EYG.png "Listen here, you, I'm not just gonna sit here and let you mock me! Now hold still so I can. . ." She suddenly found it somewhat difficult to reply, as her wyvern pushed his way in through the door and promptly pushed her over with his nose after stepping on a fallen table with a crunch. "Hey! Let me go, you bloody overgrown lizard! I'm trying to educate this woman on what happens when you talk down to Myrdwyn Callaghan!" Said overgrown lizard did not seem to notice the woman's irritation as he settled on top of her, giving her a couple licks on her face as if he was a dog before laying his head down. He looked at the other two present, almost as if he was apologizing. 

XKATa1N.png

"Hmph, alright..." Well, at least something was going well for once. Not like it would last though, but might as well enjoy it while it did... But of course, the spirits whispered sweet nothings of how they should try and haggle with the man for half the price- there was no way in hell a single iron arm was worth that much. She didn't much feel like bothering though, that would just artificially extend the amount of time she had to spend in this damn place of illusionary, envenomed knives. Already, in fact, she had retreived the coin from her coat, placing the payment on the counter "Sure, sounds perfect. I'll take it."

"Just so I can get out of this damn place. Maybe I should try and learn how to actually use a tome without killing everyone around me, then I wouldn't have the issue of seeing apparently vanishing stock... or having to listen to people bitch and moan about how some blue-haired rogue wronged them once..."

Clarisse blinked as the aggressive dwarf's draconic mount stormed in, taking a step back to avoid the beast. 

"Thanks, uh... wyvern. Ah..." Clarisse turns to Rayne. "You don't happen to have some Royal Guard-brand cure for drunkeness, do you?"

"Alright then. Enjoy your knives and keep on the lookout. I heard something or other about some theives that came by here about a week ago. Don't know much about them, but I've heard there trouble. Shouldn't be too much of a problem for you I take it, but I figured I'd give you a heads up," the shopkeeper said before taking the money and handing Cadence her knife.

Karik_Why..._Merce.png

“Ow...” The previous set of events went by a bit too fast for Karik to register them well. He was sitting outside the bar, watching over the wyvern outside, when it suddenly began to rush into the place. Not realizing what was going on, Karik grabbed onto its lead, pulling him into the bar with the winged creature. After accidentally letting go of the saddle, the boy landed back on the ground, sliding into one of the chairs in the room.

“Maybe being a good little boy isn’t always the best thing...” Getting onto his feet, Karik looked at the wyvern he was just with, noticing the little girl in armor that was probably in quite a bit of discomfort with that creature on top of her. Next to her was Rayne and a woman with a similar pauldron to her own. Letting them do whatever they’d need, Karik went to the child, instead.

Karik_Talk_to_Me_Merce.png

Walking up to her, Karik crouched down to see her face closer. “Aye don’t suppose this wyvern be your parent’s or anything?” He stretched his arms out towards her, offering a bit of help. “Need a hand? I'm stronger than I look, so don't worry.”

Edited by InnocentSerenity

KkPQGBp.png

"Oh? Oh. No. I do know an old Marigold trick my ma showed me though. It involves... well I'm not sure it's the best idea given this one's ornery nature." After all, pricking someone with a needle tended to hurt. and this one was already throwing punches. It was probably for the best.

Meanwhile the scene just kept devolving. Karik had landed in the room apparently having been drug in by the wyvern. However, Rayne didn't really notice him as she was paying more attention to Clarisse. "Perhaps we should slip out while she's distracted? Sound like a plan my new Guard guard?"

JJQ28EM.png

"Wait... you said... thieves?" She took the knife and stowed it in the bandoleer of her coat, practically invisible and in the perfect spot to be drawn at a moment's notice. Draw speed and concealment wasn't what she cared about right now though, as her curiosity got the better of her. "Did they actually break into any shops, or just stick to pick-pocketing passerbys and robbing drunk idiots in alleys like normal?"