Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

oFAdgyX.png

"Alright! Let's see where the first stop will take me!" Belros said to himself gleefully. Turns out all he really needed was some sleep to get back into a good mood. Besides he can't keep being a sour sport all the time. He took a look around the town wondered what he could possibly need. He then glanced at the pawn shop that was open, and remembered he was lacking a lockpick.  "So, that shop is first on the list of things to check out." He headed over to the shop to see what stock they had

Head Over to the Pawn Shop

KkPQGBp.png

Hmmm, been awhile since I've had this much... and I'd definitely not been spending it on lances then. Rayne thought blissfully to herself as she counted the vespers she had gotten. She was pretty sure she'd not run through all of her vespers, but she had a back-up supply of veps for her sewing endeavors anyway so she wasn't too worries. She needed a lot more thread, and was out of extra buttons for replacements. She could probably stand to pick up a few needles as well, she had a tendency of losing them after all. But first things first, big needle shopping~ Time to get some some lancery.~

Idei finds a store that appears to have a variety of various materials, from leather, to some raw metals, to patches of fabrics and other materials. The shopkeeper is a midde-aged man who seems rather pleased to see customers.

----------------------------------------

Rayne ended up finding the lance shop, which seemed to have quite an assortment of spears and halberds present. Inside the shop are quite a few customers, with the shopkeeper behind the counter checking out a customer. The prices of the lances are present on a board behind the counter.

Price List:

Spoiler

Iron Lance- 400
Slim Lance- 400
Iron Javelin- 400
Iron Pilum- 400
Iron Halberd- 400
Iron Pike- 400
Steel Halberd- 800

----------------------------------------

Belros enters the pawn shop as well, finding the shopkeeper and Cadence inside. The shopkeeper looks up to greet the new customer. "Welcome, how can I he-" he stops for a moment, looking at the person who just entered. His expression then changes from a smile to a frown. "Oh. It's you again. What do you want?"

Edited by Zetaark

JJQ28EM.png

Her eyes briefly drift to the Mercenary's old sword, but she shakes her head at the pawnkeeper- she'd seen a bit of the courier commander had called earlier, surely he could take care of the custody of any items not needed at the time... odd that a man would sink so low as the let himself be summoned like a dog though, but... whatever, that part did not concern her.

"No, though I am interested in your knives. Do you-"

"Oh. It's you again. What do you want?"

Seeing his expression sour and hearing the door open, she turned herself to see the issue. Only to find the Rogue... after several moments of staring, she finally broke the silence with her own voice.

"Um... do you two know each other, by chance?"

MKRj07N.png

Belros looked a bit confused at the shop keeper's immediate dislike of him.  "I'm sorry, did I do something to offend-" he stopped mid sentence before looking at his wares. Then he stopped to think, who else but Emilee right now hates his guts? Then he remembered.

QZP0uO6.png

"Wait, you wouldn't happen to be with THEM would you?" He asked now regretting his coming to the shop. It's been little more than a week, has word really spread that fast?

"Them? I'm not entirely sure what "them" is referring to. But let me give you something to hopefully jog your memory. See these knives? Where do you think I got some of them. Go on, take a wild guess." the man snarls.

• Upvote 1

Emilee.png

"Oooh... Aaah!... This is so cool!" Were constant remarks that Emilee would make as she went through the stock. For a while she pondered exactly what she wanted. She narrowed it down too two staffs. She brought them up to the counter. "Excuse me I need your help choosing." Emilee held up the barrier staff that she had picked out. "On one hand, I've heard of this staff. It makes protective shields that can help against magical attacks. I think this could really help my friends." And then she held up the soothe staff. "On the other hand this soothe staff really matches my eye color and it looks so cute. W-would it be possible to buy them as a bundle?" 

tumblr_inline_okf1wlac4g1sg2hsu_100.png

Taking his time, Idei examines the arrangements on the shelves after giving a nod to the shopkeeper. There are, in fact, a few already-made saddles on the walls, but a careful inspection reveals them to be, of course, the local make, and not entirely what he's used to. The seat isn't high enough, the pommel and rear guard are too flat ( how is it supposed to prevent him from falling forward or backwards during battle? ) and the stirrups are too long. They look much like the saddles he's seen in the capital, and while every now and then he thinks to himself it might be best to adapt to the riding practices here, he can't simply shake millenia of tradition. Besides, Kite clearly stands out from the other horses on Veritias, and this kind of tack isn't suited for his shorter back. He'll have to continue making his own -- not a problem, in a long run. It's good to make sure he doesn't forget what his father taught him, and it's cheaper on the whole as well.

After nearly twenty minutes, he makes his selection of basic metals, leather squares and strips, and some fabric as well as wood. This should be enough to work with, and it'll give him something to do on the ship other than sitting around being seasick. He purchases it from the kindly looking shopkeeper with the money he had saved up on the side before leaving with his new supplies tucked under an arm.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlkf4d1sg2hsu_100.png

"You've behaved. What a surprise," he muses with some humor to Kite, still standing innocuously where he had fastened him, nosing at some dry grasses at the base of the post. Loading the materials onto his back, he unties the horse and then continues on through the market. It's too early still to return to the rendezvous point at the fountain, so there's no harm in looking around a little more. As he's thinking that, his gaze falls on what seems to be a shop selling weaponry -- bows, specifically. Interest piqued, he makes his way across the main street towards it. Though he's only recently picked up the longbow from that archer with Karik's help, it's worth at least perusing the selection and making a note of prices and possibilities.

KkPQGBp.png

Rayne looked over the selection trying to decide what to get for herself. She needed another solid Javelin for sure. But should she get some other weaponry? She saw a Lance that looked rather light compared to the others. It had a slimmer haft and the point was as well. It really was a lot like a needle. She couldn't help but feel it was meant for her in some sort of way. She was drawn to it and couldn't help but think it was perfect. She waiting idly just staring at the thing from the other side of the counter, forgetting where she was and probably did so until quite a few of the rest of the customers in the line died down.

Karik_No_Way.png

“Well, certainly ain’t a bad selection.” Karik strolled through the aisles, his axe hanging carefully to his side, the boy making sure it didn’t fall off and worry anyone.

Eventually, Karik found a set of clothes that looked interesting to him. A coat that reminded him of the one someone he knew loved wearing. Sadly, a look at the price tag showed a rather scary price. Trying to see how much he even had, Karik was reminded of the axe at his side. A rather rude idea came to mind, but it’d certainly help. He'd make up for it later... hopefully.

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

“Excuse me, shop owner.” Karik waved to the owner, trying to get their attention. “I don’t seem to have enough to pay for these clothes.” Not exactly subtle about it, Karik's hand toyed with the loose emblem on his axe. “I don’t suppose there be a way to maybe lower the cost a bit?”

"Hmm, normally we don't tend to bundle our staffs, but we have made exceptions in the past. And for you, I think I'm willing to make a bit of an exception. Is 1400 vespers for the both of them acceptable?" the shopkeeper asks Emilee in a sweet voice.

------------------------------------

"Guild? I dunno anything about whatever guild you're from, nor am I part of one. Well not anymore anyways. You saw to that when you were throwing knives at me a few days ago. Remember now?" the man barks, his tone getting a bit angrier than before. He then remembers that another customer was present. "Excuse me one moment, I'll get back to you once I finish dealing with the man over here, alright?" he says in a calmer voice before looking back to Belros. "As for you, I'm willing to sell to you, since it's job now, but I expect you to watch yourself. Got it?"

Making his way into the archery store, Idei finds an array of bows of all types, including a few crossbows. The man behind the counter greets Idei. "Welcome. What can I getcha?"

Price List:

Spoiler

Iron Bow- 400
Training Bow- 400
Iron Longbow- 400
Mountain Bow- 400
Composite Crossbow- 400
Bowgun- 400
Poison Crossbow- 800

"Umm, excuse me, do you want to buy that lance?" the shopkeeper, who was a young lady, asked Rayne who had appeared to space out.

--------------------------------------------------

"Sir, could you please refrain from waving that axe around in the store? It's a little...a little..." the man trails off as he notices the emblem present on the axe. He goes to a back room as if to check something, then comes out again, albeit a bit nervous. "Y-you wanted a lower cost? Certainly certainly. I m-must say, I wasn't quite expecting someone like you to come around, but I'm g-glad you found something you like," the man stutters out.

KkPQGBp.png
"Oh... yes! Yes I would." Rayne said suddenly spacing back into existence when she was addressed. She was then looking around for something else. A suitable javelin to accompany her in case the old one gt worn down. It was already starting to look pretty shabby so it was for the best. "Oh, and a javelin too. I need one of them pretty sure...." she said trailing off back into thought as she looked around at the other weaponry.

"Very well. If that's all, then the total will be 800 vespers." the shopkeeper tells Rayne, before chuckling a bit. "You know, I also space out from time to time as well. Did it once a few days ago, though I probably could have picked a better time and place. Try not to space out too much, ok?"

JJQ28EM.png

Cadence only nods at the man, giving no indication at all about her connection to the blue haired Rogue. She's no idea what exactly the man was talking about, but from his words, he must've been with the bandits from earlier... regardless, whatever his reason for fighting with them, his face was not one she recognized at all, he'd personally done her no wrong, and well... he wasn't exactly taking employment from violent morons anymore. She had no reason to quarrel with him here.

Nor did she have any reason to step up for the rogue. She knew not how this man would respond, whether he'd be spiteful to just the rogue or to anyone he knew as well. She didn't feel like risking getting involved the mess, he was a man fully grown, let the spy lie in the beds he'd made.

It's unintentional, but his eyes wander to the most expensive item on the list -- he had never seen crossbows before Arcadia, and is still new to them, but has been curious about their use since doing basic training with them as a member of the royal guard. More than anything, it's their ability to strike at close range that intrigues him. This particular crossbow has another added feature as well: its arrows come prepackaged with a vial of venom. Hm. Poison-tipped arrows are a trade in the desert too, dipped in the corrosive blood of a special kind of lizard, and while this might be different, the principle is largely the same. 

But it's not the poison he's keen on -- rather, the other adjacent crossbows don't quite meet his expectations. One feels too weak in his hands, like a child's toy rather than something fit for a warrior. The other is clearly much too heavy the moment he hefts it in his arms; it would slow him and Kite down far too much. The poison weapon it is, pricier though it might be. These are the kinds of weapons forged for warfare; he ruminates briefly on how innovative people have become, always devising new and more brutal ways to kill each other. If it were possible to purchase the bow without the poison for a lower price, he wouldn't be opposed. But as it is, he might as well take the entire package to avoid having to discuss the issue with the shopkeeper for too long.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlac4g1sg2hsu_100.png

"This one, please," he says, taking the weapon off the rack again and placing it down on the counter. It's a bit of extravagance on his part, but if this journey thus far has taught him anything, it's that there's no telling where they might end up next, so he supposes it's best to be prepared.

Fork over 800 Vesps for Poison Crossbow.

KkPQGBp.png

Rayne placed the Vespers on the counter after taking her acquired goods. She'd have to drop them off with the convoy. Or at least the extras she was carrying...how did Madante summon him again? Whistling right? She wasn't really sure if it had a tune but she came up with one.

Spoiler

That should do!

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

“Hey, that be a pretty nice deal. Good thing Aye saved this.” Patting the little axe by his side, Karik took the set of clothes and a leather sash, making his way into the dressing room. Upon coming out, the young boy looked more like a fighter in light armor than some pirate. Sadly, nothing could be done about his hair, still held together by some messy fabric.

Karik_Talk_to_Me_Merce.png

Leaving behind some money for the clothes, Karik made sure to say one thing. “Tell them Karik's coming home. He’ll be back soon.” With his business over, the Pirate boy walked back to the plaza, passing by the bar once again.

KkPQGBp.png

" Oh, you got here fast. Where did... you come from anyway? I know I don't pay that much attention to my surrounding ever... but you're pretty sneaky." Rayne looked around or a place a dude could hide that large of a cart. She didn't see anywhere. Huh... weird.

"But yes take these, and oh... for your troubles and because I'm sure you do a lot of work around here that goes unnoticed and unappreciated... this is for you too.~" she handed over the Iron Lance and the strange sword she had picked up from before first. and after handed the man a small pouch. It wasn't much but it had 200 Vespers in it. It was the least she could do for one doing the work no one else would. Without him they'd have trouble carrying gear about. So, it was the least she could do to repay him.

IZOAanT.png

"Oh wait, now I remember you! You were a member of those bandits!" He said before letting out a sigh of relief. This could've gone way worse and thankfully it's only him.

oFAdgyX.png

"Well I'm glad to see that you've given up the life bandit life at least and I'm sorry it took me a while to recognize you. So as long as we're not on opposing side lets say we restart. I know I can't remedy the pain I caused you with those knives but I'm still glad you're alive nonetheless." He spoke apologizing to the man.  "Actually I have some vulnerary on me if you need it too patch up those wounds. It's a little used but I'll gladly give it to you if it can help."

Von_Coy.png

"I thank you. And do not be concerned about not seeing me coming. My profession requires that I be unnoticed to the world. It takes quite a bit of training, but that's another story. At any rate, I shall depart for now," he says, vanishing into the crowd.

---------------------------------

"I don't need much in the way of patching up at the moment. When I fumbled my way into town, one of the resident healers helped me out. She works at one of the shops around here. She's also the reason me and a few others got some work around here. But that's neither here nor there. Now you gonna buy something or not?" he grunts, not quite as hostile as before.

--------------------------------

Outside, Karik notices that the bar that he passed by before had a wyvern sitting in front of it. The wyvern's blue scales shimmer in the sun, and the wyvern appears to be tired.

tumblr_inline_okf1wlsN4D1sg2hsu_100.png

Satisfied with his new acquisitions for the day, Idei makes his way back to the aforementioned fountain to wait for the others before he's seized by the urge to spend money on anything else that might catch his eye. He doesn't know what it is about new, unfamiliar places, but it always seems to make him less frugal than he normally is; it must be the novelty, he decides. Kite is thankful for the presence of the water, from which he leisurely takes a drink, tail swishing. Idei takes a seat on the edge of the stone rim, enjoying the sights of the marketplace and the sounds of guitar music as he awaits everyone's return.

Karik_Talk_to_Me_Merce.png

“Huh?” Karik walked up to the wyvern, keeping an eye to make sure an adult wouldn’t catch a minor near a bar. “What’s wrong, little wyvern? Yer owner leave you behind while he have a drink.” Karik crouched down, keeping a safe distance from the wyvern. “Well, guess it had to happen. Ye probably wouldn’t fit through the doors.” Throwing caution to the wind, Karik reached to pet the wyvern’s head, wondering who left this dragon alone like this. "Don't worry, Aye can keep ya company until your owner comes back, if ya want."