Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

"Not really sure. When I first came around here I heard that some thieves showed up out of nowhere not too long ago and started taking some stuff. Apparently most of what was stolen was some random food and weapons and such. I also heard something about one of the boat schedules getting taken, but I don't know much about what goes on in the eastern part of the port. That's where all the boats are docked. That's all I know about it really, hope you find the info useful," the man finishes.

Clarisse leads Rayne over to a shop that contains a variety of materials, ranging from leathers to metals to sewing equipment and fabrics. The shopkeeper is again pleased to see people visiting his shop.

Karik's comment prompted a burst of angry flailing from the woman pinned beneath the wyvern.

jlpiqtb.png "Parents-! I'm gonna strangle you for that! I AM A GROWN WOMAN- oof!" Whatever she'd been about to say next was prompted by the wyvern moving, pushing the air out of her lungs as it pressed downward in order to stand back up. "Honestly, you'd think folks around here would respect a Guardswoman, but nooo, everywhere I go, people have got to poke. Ugh. . ." She sat up and used her wyvern to hoist herself into a standing position. Once she realized that the other royal guard had left, she let out an expletive that may have actually been worse than anything Karik had heard before, and skittered out rather unsteadily. The wyvern looked at the boy, blinked once, and then waddled after her at his own pace.

JJQ28EM.png

"Hmmmmmm... I see. Thank you." and with that she took her leave, the spirits chatting like mad in her wake, though she ignored them as she slowly pieced together the tip. "Only food and weapons, eh? That doesn't make sense, for a typical thief driven by greed... food befits the type who do it because they'll die if they don't, but weapons too? Weapons sounds more in the league of some type of organization forming, someone trying to equip able bodies without either spending the coin or leaving an easily followed trail for a bulk order... and food could just as easily be used as rations for fighting men as it could for starving little ones... but then there's also the boat schedule... the one thing I can't make sense of. Are they trying to keep something or someone here? It's just a bulletin, isn't it, if the captain's not a moron, he should be able to remember it and draft a new copy...or have other records somewhere, it's only good business sense..."

The chatting intensified as did her thoughts. Only when the certain topic of the Commander's search for a ship did she break out of her investigation mode to actually focus on the Anima. "Wait, no, don't even joke about that. With our luck, that will be exactly the case and we'll be stuck on this shit pile of an island until someone fixes this..."

Even as she scolded them however, she knew they were probably... right. That if their luck thus far held true, the schedule stolen would just so happen to be the one for the only ship that happened to be headed anywhere close to where they needed...and honestly, as she set off towards the Eastern sector of the town to find Madante, her hopes they were wrong faded more and more, replaced by a gradual... not acceptance, but strong acknowledgement of the probability of what she might hear once she found him.

Well, at least it would take some of the edge of, if she killed her hopes now.

That way, it would sting a bit less if her fears were confirmed... just a bit.

Going over to the east side of the port, Cadence searches around the area. After a bit of blind searching, she finds the information station for boats and finds Madante sitting nearby it with an obviously displeased look on his face.

MKRj07N.png

Well Belros is at a loss for what to do. He has all he really needs shopping wise. Following Madante's previous orders he headed over to the fountain. He sit on the edge of the fountain dipping his left hand in the water. Belros started getting board so he began eavesdropping on conversations of people passing by. Maybe he'd hear some juicy gossip.

JJQ28EM.png

"Goddess fucking dammit, you lot are right...well, might as well go face the music. Hopefully it's not opera, don't need my ears bleeding too on-top of everything else..." Pausing just a bit to take a breath and shake her head, an impromptu coping mechanism for the exasperation she already felt rising in her, she made her way over to the Commanding Officer.

"I take it... the boat we need isn't operating, is it sir? Anything to do with missing Schedules?" "If it is, I swear to the goddess, I'm going to personally wring the neck of whatever cock-suckling wandrought is responsible..."

Madante_New.png

"Well...yes and no. The boats are operating as normal. The problem is the schedules for them on this end are apparently inconsistent. Apparently some thieves broke in and took the master copy of the ship schedule. Normally there are secondary copies present in the place in case something like that happens, but the thieves apparently messed them all up by messing with the times and locations. Basically, the boats come in on their original times, but nobody knows what the scheduled times are anymore or where the boats are actually going. To top it off, none of the workers can figure out why this happened," Madante explains, clearly frustrated.

E5PmY05.png

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm in heaven!" Rayne exclaimed a little loudly. She didn't shout but passerby probably would've heard her for sure. She picked up thing after thing inspecting it closely and quite thoroughly. If the others had seen her, they'd probably notice this had been the most excited and active Rayne had even been. Her full attention was grasped as she looked around at everything she could see. It was almost impossible to keep up with how blindingly fast she was moving. She suddenly stopped or a moment out of nowhere and took a deep breathe.

BfMcVKR.png

"I really needed this. Feels good. So good~"

KkPQGBp.png

"You have some rather high quality goods here, where'd you get them? Them seem top quality for an independent I'm actually quite surprised there aren't more people shopping here. Like... they are entirely missing out. You get your stick from a local guild or perhaps via import? I hear the Marigolds have rather cheap rates for supplying independents. They like to give to the little guys after all." she talked to the shopkeep while still looking over the stock. She had issue finding what she was looking for. Cade's jacket was a rather unique and odd colour. She wasn't going to be satisfied with a thread colour that didn't match. So she perused the wares. Her eye for colour didn't find anything that matched so perhaps the shopkeep had some specialty thread somewhere else not on display.

"Hey, you do happen to have any ember coloured thread? I know it's a tall order, and it's probably not common but it's something that's really important to me. I have a friend of mine that I did to do a piece for and I need it. Nothing else will do. It should sparkle like fire! Do you have anything like that?"

JJQ28EM.png

"...."

uq0tfcN.png

"We just can't win, can we? Fine. If fate's determined to work so hard against us, We'll just defy it and take victory right from the jaws of the beast. Right along with it's ugly little head"

JJQ28EM.png

"I see... I'd feared as much. Local rumors also say they stole Weapons and Food from the various establishments in town as well, but oddly enough... not much beyond that, and of course... the schedules. They obviously want to disrupt something from getting off the island, if they went to such lengths mess with the boat traffic. And, well they only bothered seizing Arms and food... there's only so much such a thing could mean, sir...none of it looking very good."

"Most of my stuff actually comes from a few craftsmen on the western side of the island. They produce a fair bit of their own raw materials, and since I'm friends with a few of them, I can bring em in for cheap. I've heard that a few of the older stuff I get in actually comes from some Manaketes, but I've never managed to verify that myself," the shopkeeper answers proudly, glad that he has someone to talk to. He then went back to managing things behind the counter before Rayne asked another question.

"Ember colored thread eh? I think I have something in the back if memory serves. One moment," the man says before going into the back room. Some rustling can be heard in the back, and after about a minute, he comes back out with a spool of ember colored thread that glimmered in sunlight. "Forgot I had this. Got it in from one of my friends a while ago. Will this be acceptable?"

-------------------------------

Belros hears a few things while waiting in the plaza, mutterings about thieves, something about a Manakete tribe, and some other chatter about some new book.

-------------------------------

Madante_New.png

"That...doesn't sound good at all. I've poked around a bit and heard rumors that the thieves were slightly more active recently. Luckily, I managed to find someone who remembered a few of the times of the incoming boats, and one of them is coming by in about an hour.  Chances are, the thieves may end up showing up around then. And then there's another little matter of Chirya apparently telling me that she had to take care of some other matter and running off. She didn't go towards this direction though, so it will probably be fine, but we may end up being low on people. Could you try and find the others and let them know about this?" Madante pleads.

JJQ28EM.png

"Aye, sir..." she said with a dutiful nod, glancing around the port and information station at the same time. "And I suppose you'll want to change the meeting spot to here instead of the fountain, have everyone take positions and wait for ambush?" "Well at least we won't have to go searching for the bastards out in the woods or some cave lair... this is a bit more convenient, if undesirable to risk getting townfolk and assets involved... though I suppose slaughtering the rabble that's been plaguing them for the past week will be a great enough deed to earn any forgiveness we might need... can't be helped..."

The spirits meanwhile only looked in amused silence. Of fucking course they had been right. They were seldom wrong, perhaps the girl's perception of certain things she heard from them was wrong, but they themselves seldom were. It was hard to be wrong, when you apart of the very earth, the air, the light, the sun...as much apart of the very components of the world itself as the girl's blood and sinew were parts of her.

This was just proof positive of it. and it couldn't fill them with more glee.

Karik_Seriously..._Merce.png

“Man, what a sailor mouth. And I thought Gonzap was bad.” Stepping back as the girl in armor got up, Karik thought about her words.

Karik_Talk_to_Me_Merce.png

“‘Guardswoman’? You mean like Royal Gu- Wait!” Karik ran after the girl when he realized a 13-year-old kid in rather expensive-looking clothes shouldn’t be inside an alcoholic bar. He didn’t exactly have much to do, anyway. Maybe he'd find his friends, if anything.

Madante_New.png

"I'd say go over to the fountain and bring everyone over once they are here. That way everyone can get over here together. The boat shouldn't be coming for a while, so you probably have time to go over there and let them know, then bring them all here once they've gathered. Alright?"

JJQ28EM.png

"Understood." Another nod, and without a single word, she was off. He had a point, simply waiting at the fountain for them to arrive, only going to search if someone took their sweet ass time, and just giving them the rundown once they'd all gathered and mobilizing afterwards was certainly a more appealing labor distribution than running around the town trying to track them individually. Not that she had much issue with running, actually enjoyed it, just a bit... just not when it was done in a heavy coat lined with iron plates.

Not long after she left the docks and came to the square, she spotted only one of their rank at the designated spot. Looking around and seeing no one else nearby, she strode over only to see... it was none other than the rogue.

"You wouldn't happen to know where the rest of them are, would you?" she asked, quickly, curtly, efficiently, without preamble and without greeting, though honestly she had never cared for those formalities to begin with. She wastes no time bothering to comment on either the shopkeeper from earlier or what he'd done to earn the man's ire either. "there's trouble brewing, and there's something you all need to hear, but it's easier to do it with everyone together than it is hunting them down one by one."

E5PmY05.png

"Ah, yes it's perfect!" Rayne exclaimed. She just held the spool in the palm of her hand and just admired it's colour for awhile. She just stared at it happily seeming to just forget that she hadn't yet purchased it or that she was even standing there in a store. Luckily, she seemed to have been the only customer at the time. It was perfection given form. It was just what she was looking for.

KkPQGBp.png

"I'm not done yet but if you could hold that for me it's be much appreciated~" she said while going back to just dumping all kinds of things into a basket. It took her quite the amount of time looking over everything.

"That should be all, thank your for your service. And thank you for this thread it was perfect. From one tailor to another it was most helpful, and I'm glad you shared some of your good stock with me. This can't have been just something easy to give away." Rayne handed the man a pouch filled with the last of her remaining Vespers. 500 in count. "Consider it a gift form the Marigold guild.~ May you succeed in your endeavors, and your drive deliver your from failure."

yDwxGVL.png

Belros noticed Cadence's approach from the east side of the city. I wonder what she was doing over there? Hearing her question he responded, "Unfortunately I'm the only one I've seen today. Well, besides you in the pawn shop. I can help you round them up if you need me." Recalling what he's overheard so far from waiting he adds,  "Also, let me guess, does it have something to do with thieves at all?"

JJQ28EM.png

"We're gonna have to probably kill all the bastards if we ever want to get off this damn island." is all the answer he gets to his own question about the rumors "Not that it's surprising, we've had to slay one band of violent morons after another, ever since that failed pirate raid...how much blood we have to stain this island with before it releases it jaws though, who knows... who cares, I just want off this damn rock. But that's neither here nor there. 

I'll give the others a bit longer, but if I have to, I will find and drag them back here myself for the Orders. As for you though... what was that mess earlier? What the hell did you lot do to that Pawnbroker while he was working for the bandits?"

yDwxGVL.png

"Oh that..." Belros let out a sigh, I guess she has the right to be curious about it because she watched the entire scene go down. Though he really didn't feel like explaining it.  "So you know the shop owner was part of those bandits from a couple of days ago? Well I sort threw a couple of knives at him. Obviously he didn't die though you can see why he wouldn't exactly be too thrilled to see the man who hurled sharp blades at him only mere days ago."

"W-why this is...thank you! Thank you so much miss. I'll be sure to remember this, and you'll always be welcome to shop here if you need anything else," the man says, a wide grin on his face. "The Marigold guild eh? I've heard of some of their work in the past. It truly makes me happy to know that someone from such an esteemed tailors guild appreciates some of the things I have to offer. Again, thank you!"

Darius_Anstane.png

Darius, after purchasing the tome, was asked by a mysterious woman a question involving his magic.

"...well, sort of. It is research, in a sense." The Shaman answered, not necessarily lying, but also not revealing the truth. Indeed, he is technically researching and learning of Dark Magic, but the "research" part also extended to seeing just how much pain he can induce upon his victims. That much he decided against mentioning.

Edited by Anstane

JJQ28EM.png

"Well, at least he actually made something of himself with the second chance he got. It's more than this lot is probably going to get though, whatever their planning, it seems they've been arming themselves to the teeth off stolen weapons... I don't know what exactly the dynamics of their group are, but I doubt many of them will be willing to accept mercy if it's offered. Then again, I really don't feel like offering it this time either... so who knows, maybe it'll work itself out just fine. Ya can't save or spare everyone, afterall. Some are just too damn stupid for this world to begin with."

"Hmm, is that so? I don't often get to find people who look into dark magic in any capacity. Most of the people who look into it tend to be old hermits. Well, there is the island of summoners, but nobody is allowed to go over there except via royal approval. But that's not important. I too can be considered a researcher of magic, though my focus falls more under anima magic myself," the woman says, revealing an elfire tome that she has. "Tell me, are you familiar with the nature of anima magic?"