[IC] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

Osiric

"Here it is!" Os thought to himself as he located the bag that he was looking for. "Tessa seems really stressed out, and this should help at least somewhat." From the bag he pulled out a seed, which he then placed into a small spare pot that he had. He then reached down to the ground to pick up a bit of dirt and put that in as well. He then focused a small amount of his Lumen into the seed, making it grow into a stalk of lavender.

"Um, excuse me Tessa, sorry to interrupt anything but you seemed kinda stressed out and I thought maybe I could help a bit?" he said as he held the pot out in front of himself to show her. "It's not much but the aroma helps to reduce anxiety and stress, and uh, like I said it seems like you could use a little uh, de-stressing."; a slightly nervous smile showing.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy

After unpacking his things and changing into something comfortable, Roy steps of his room only to find the students are mingling, making noises with their mouths and doing introductions with each others in the hallway."How cute, it seems they form a pack from that recent incident" Roy snorted, continuing to be this grouchy, aloof, angsty kid that avoids everyone else.

The boy sighed and just before he walks towards the garden to sharpen his sword, he saw a familiar face walking along side the corridor. It was the craze arsonist with an overly size shirt that seems to belong to a boy. Roy gives her the stink eye as she walks pass him.

"Hmpf, you look like a stray dog trying to find a place to stay. A very rabid one i might add seeing you almost incinerate most of the students in that field from earlier" He snorted.

"You can stay in that room over there at end, its pretty much empty and none seems to claim it...Or.." Roy took pause and sighed. Can't believe i'm doing this.

"You could stay at this room where i'm staying, Just keep your lumen to yourself and stay away from my stuff if you decided to do that." Roy crosses his arms and offered the girl some help the only method he knows how: by being confrontal and passive aggressive all the time.

Rame

She was trying. Really, she was. Shitty an attempt as it may be. But it seemed the gods were determined to give her cause to rage...

"Hmpf, you look like a stray dog trying to find a place to stay. A very rabid one i might add seeing you almost incinerate most of the students in that field from earlier"

Don't... get your hand away from it...

"You'd better fucking make me..." Braith did just that as her hand forcfully drew away from her back and locked at her side, her body turning to face whoever the hell was calling her out now. Her eyes left a smoldering trail of bright crimson in the air as she looked the edgelord of a fellow northerner up and down. Before she could fire off a choice word or two though, the swordsman was already continuing.

"You can stay in that room over there at end, its pretty much empty and none seems to claim it...Or...You could stay at this room where i'm staying, Just keep your lumen to yourself and stay away from my stuff if you decided to do that."

"...huh?" the glow dimmed just a bit as confusion displaced some of the agitation "Gods, what the hell is with you people? First that fake bastard upfront gave me this shirt for no reason, now you're over here looking at me like I just pissed in your cereal or something, calling me a rabid stray, and yet in the same breath... you're also asking me to bunk with you...why? What the hell do you want from me?"

despite her perplexion though, she already had a sneaking suspicion given the nature of this particular offer... and that jackass's joke earlier....and she was starting to get real fucking tired of it real fucking fast.

"I swear to all the gods and Coerators, if that's what he's gunning for here, Braith..."

What? What are you going to do, girl? Burn him? Really, you seem to think I'd stand by and let you toss our lives away?

"I'm trying. It's not my fault that they keep provoking me."

Don't be a slave to your anger. Let it be a slave to you. Let it grant you power, but don't let it dictate your every move.

Remember what they say and what they do, but do not act blindly on it... not every trespass is worth the energy of lashing out against.

"That's the exact opposite of what you've always told me! 'Let it guide you, show you the way when you're lost, cut a path for you when there is none...how are you going to fucking sit here and revoke your own advice over all these years?"

I'm not revoking anything you damn fool. You've just never trully understood what I've tried to teach you before. When I tell you to let it in, I mean to let it fuel you,as oil does a lamp, because it will only make you stronger.

But... when you go and mistake my words to mean you should lash out at the drop of a mere hat, regardless whether the provocation is worth rectifying, then that IS NOT an effective use of wrath; that is a fucking tantrum, befitting of a four year old barely mature enough to wipe their own arse...

it is sloppy, predictable... and neither of those traits help us at all.

Can sighed as Rame walked out of the room after she set her things down.

"Well that's the reason I gave you the shirt anyway. Well at least she kept it so that a plus right?"He thought as he turned towards the other girl.

"She came from that way" he waved his hand in the direction that he saw Rame come from. "So you might be able to find the the place were they patched her up at that way." He paused for a few moments as he went back to his stuff. "Though there was one of the guys out there Os i think he said to call him said he might be able to help with any burns. Though you probably didn't hear him say that. " He said as he fished out a notebook of graph paper and pencil from his bag and begun to write and what not in it.

Edited by rustytengo

Roy

Wind, to my blade. Roy whisper as he felt this conversation is getting a little intense.

"Gods, what the hell is with you people? First that fake bastard upfront gave me this shirt for no reason, now you're over here looking at me like I just pissed in your cereal or something, calling me a rabid stray, and yet in the same breath... you're also asking me to bunk with you...why? What the hell do you want from me?"

"I don't know, just a gut feeling that you might do something crazy, like incinerate us all whilst we're asleep after that stunt you just pull. Just playing safe i suppose." Roy bluntly said as he kept his blade behind his back, constantly gathering and trapping the air inside his sword. Rame can feel the breeze was blowing behind Roy's backside as they talk.

"Either way its your choice, but i'm keeping my eye on you and put your fires out when that happens" Roy said, still skeptical of the unhinged girl from the north.

Edited by Ragnar

Her and Braith's little... internal argument ceased at the sudden flow of wind and the edgelord's words. Her eyes narrowed to slits of pure burning crimson.

"Contrary to what you think, I don't just attack people without having a reason." She snarled, "and some cheeky little bastard using a beam of light to destroy my clothes and leave me half naked infront of everyone is a fairly decent one, I think alot of girls would agree... But fine, keep your eyes on me if it helps you sleep better at night. Let your paranoia consume you, I don't give two shits frankly..."

With that, she walked over, picked up her belongings yet again, and started for the front door, only glancing back once at him. "You'll be in for a nasty surprise if you think I'm bound by the natural triangle though; start something with me, and that bit of wind won't be the saving grace you assume it is...and you can keep the damn bunk to yourself, and the dorm for all I fucking care. GOOD BYE."

She was outside and slamming the door behind her before any of the three of them could say a word or intervene. By this point, her eyes blazed as with infernal light as she gazed over the field and those few still straggling about the place. She turned on her heels and headed for the courtyard of the main building...

If you got shit to say, you might as well say it Braith.

Will you remember this?

He more or less threatened to put us down like mutts. Yeah, I think I'm gonna fucking remember this... little prick thinks he's so big and bad, like anything he can do is scary compared to how those three wiped us out...

Good... I can tell he'll cause us the most issue of anyone here.

Now what the hell were you saying about me being sloppy and predictable back there?

Well, perhaps you do comprehend some of it, given where we're standing now...I was almost certain of what an utter fiasco that was going to turn into...so...

Good job.

Roy

So what did Roy learn from all of this? that he's a judgmental prick that zero trust in his potential allies. that he is very territorial when it comes to his personal space and threatens anyone who he perceives is a threat.Is he gonna be friendlier after this encounter with that flame girl? Well, HELL NO, he isn't. He's just getting started.

Roy snorted whilst the flame girl left the room. "Good riddance" He muttered. "Wind, release" He whisper, commanding the gathered wind around his blade to disperse.The harness gale around his sword began to react and went flying out of his blade, A strong breeze flew outside the room, forcing the shut door to open from its sheer force, making a loud whooshing sound on its way out. It seems I gather too air much from that little banter. Roy sighed and begins to angrily sharpen his sword with a whetstone, from comfort off his bunk bed, thinking about on what Rame said about her flame cannot be extinguish by an ordinary breeze.

The girl in the fountain's water stared back at her with those same burning eyes as she stood at the edge. But yet, despite how similar she looked...despite how perfectly all their other features were mirrored, there was still that once one discrepancy in the face. The girl peering back at her did so only with faded radiance in her eyes, weary, tired. A mere prisoner still, despite the lack of chains... as if the path she'd chosen had been anything but her own...

Spirit worn, Soul torn...

body numb...

Will weak...

brow sweaty, there's blood drenching her hands already.

A pyre in her chest. The Abyss steadily expanding without rest...

The abysmal flame that sought infinite gain.

Black fires burning, fetid smoke churning.

Shrouded in Haze, white hearths ablaze.

The alabaster embers struggle to remember.

Chaotic conflagrations blooming in pain.

Just an ivory monster with no name...

Are you proud of yourself, Ryder? Do you like the hand you were dealt?

the ivory monster finally spoke...

and her voice was naught but honied ash and smoke

"What?" Rame practically tripped her over her own two feet at the sudden intrusion into her mind, feeling Wraith's presence nigh immediately in the void left behind...

What the hell are you doing?

"Y-you didn't see that...you didn't hear that?"

No... I didn't hear or see anything. Nothing's happened, girl. You've just been standing here, staring into your own reflection for the past few minutes... I was beginning to think you spaced out.

"Don't fucking play with me..."

I'm not playing. Nothing. Happened.

"..."

She gazed back into the fountain. all she saw was her own self looking back at her... nothing odd about the reflection at all.

Until it smiled oh so cruelly as a ruinous black hand surged for the surface from the other side of the watery realm... and it suddenly wasn't her anymore... for Rame had never been utterly burned beyond the point of recognition. Her skin had never charred and peeled and her muscle and sinew never roasted to cinders. And she'd not been born with characteristic emerald eyes of her clan...

"No... no... no, fuck this..." She shook her head as if to deny the outlandish sight and turned on her heel before running right the hell out of there. She didn't know what the hell was going on, nor did she care to stay around and find out... more because Braith's adamance that nothing was happening only made her all the more anxious...

Look, what is wrong with you girl? there's nothing there...

"S-shut up..." her voice quivered "I know what I saw...screw that fountain"

Aria watched as the girl who introduced herself as Rame made her way out of the dorm. Aria honestly could not pin down what it was about her, but there was something that her that put it off. If she had more time to read the girl, then she probably would have figured it out, but all she could do now was continue the ponder. Was it arrogance? Pessimism? An innate attraction to death? She could juggle these possibilities around in her brain, but it was pointless for now.

She moved into the room and stood next to a different bunk bed. She left her suitcase right next to the bunk bed while picking up, albeit with the pain from her left side still affecting her, her backpack and placing it on the top bunk.

“Honestly…did she really think I was going to swallow my pride for someone who looked like she’d gain a smug sense of satisfaction for it…” Perhaps her pride had gotten the better of her. After all, she pretty much sacrificed getting the information on where Rame got her wounds healed. Though, it’s not like she could not ask someone else. There were definitely people there who knew.

Not to mention, Can had mentioned that one of them had mentioned that they were capable of treating burns. “Os, was it…” She muttered, as she walked back to the door. “Thanks for the information.” Even if he could not see it, Aria was definitely smiling. After all, being a mass of pride did not mean she could not feel grateful.

Holding that smile, she headed out to look for the boy who went by that nickname.

Edited by Hiss13

"..." Tessa figured something was supposed to happen now that she'd fully introduced herself, but the person stood still. What about some confirmation or basically anything? Would it have hurt them to do so? Most certainly not, unless they had an antisocial lumen or something.

The butler speaking up first caught Tessa off guard as she wore the polites smile and hand joined in front of herself. "My Lumen?" What the butler said certainly made sense. How could she turn him down, especially after getting her name right. "Of course, I would be more than glad to introduce you to my amazing Lumen. How silly of me not to have thought of that myself. *ahem* But to the point at hand, my Lumen-"

Another boy approached her, cutting her off. She turned towards him. He was holding a flower. For her? "Awww, how sweet of you, mister Osiric. Not that I'm stressed, but a lady should never turn down an offered gift. It would ill befit my image. And besides, this place seems to lack gentelmanly people such as yourself. It is always a pleasure finding someone willing to listen."

"this place seems to lack gentelmanly people such as yourself. It is always a pleasure finding someone willing to listen."

Os started to get flustered,"Oh, it was nothing, I just wanted to help." he said with a smile. He was happy that not everyone here seemed to be as hot-headed as some of the others. "So uh, it seems like everyone is starting to do their own thing, so I thought I might go and look around; but if you need help you know who I am."

Karen & Alison

“Aw, c’mon, Tessie. Don’t leave us hanging like that.” Karen walked up next to Tessalyva, putting xyr arm onto her shoulder. Xe was hoping she’d get annoyed by it. “Alison’s such a gentleman. You should at least finish and answer, right?”

“Actually, It’s fine if she doesn’t ans-”
“Not now, Alison.”

“I can show ya my Lumen if you want, Tessie.” Karen’s mouth twisted into a devious grin as xe felt a spider climbing up xyr back, hidden in Karen’s rather long hair. Xe didn’t care if Tessa was scared of spiders, it would at least get a nice reaction out of her. It would be great if she had arachnophobia, though. Cowering in fear was always a nice look for Karen to see. “I’d bet you’d like it. I’m only being fair. Show me yours, I’ll show you mine.” Karen really couldn’t care less about whatever Tessalyva’s Lumen did. Xe just wanted to see how she’d react to a few spiders.

Meanwhile, Alison walked up to Osiris, hoping to speak with him. “Apologies for Master Marcus. You can probably tell xe can be rather troublesome at times. I hope xyr behavior around Ms. Whipschnaps doesn't bother you.” Alison sent a glance towards the lavender Osiris had given to Tessalyva. “Also, if you don’t mind, might I ask how you made that flower?”

Os turned back around as he heard the blonde boy begin to address him. "Oh no its fine, its not a problem at all" he told the boy. The fact that Karen had a butler seemed a bit odd to him, "there must be some special reason for it I suppose." - "and well, I grew the flower, its kind of what I do: grow things.". He didn't really want to try and go into a full on explanation on how his Lumen worked; the last time he had done it back home the person he was telling didn't seem to care very much, and he didn't want everyone else to think he was that boring.

Damon

After his initial disgust from the white haired fire weilder's total lack of control ended the rather clumsy sparrings Damon had to wonder, why lash out and waste her energy like that? There were a half dozen reasons not to, but that was a topic for another time as the group moved on into the area that they would be staying from now on.

Damon remained quiet and considered joining in the 'social activity' in the courtyard, but shook his head and decided against it when he saw someone handing an girl a flower. 'How old are these people?' He thought to himself. 'I really do hope that some of these people have some maturity... or at least some sense.' Damon flung his bag over his left shoulder (His sword hilt being on the right) and walked past the courtyard and entered one of the dormitary buildings.

'Shit, I should have payed attention to who walked into these. Guess this is up to chance then.'

Edited by M_Cowher

The distant sound of an androgynous speaking more or less continuously drew nearer and nearer to Baixue's room. It stopped for a moment, followed quickly by the appearance of the owner's head, and then the rest of their body as Haruki made an entry. "Oh, hiiii~! I didn't talk to you much earlier, how are you doing? I actually don't think I remembered hearing your name or your Lumen or anything, now that I think of it. . . did you see the battle and stuff? It was kinda fun, even if I didn't get to show off very much. That fire girl was a real poop though, getting all upset over a joke and stuff like that, and a lot of other people did silly things~ I just stood and watched it all. What about you? I suppose you weren't in it so you didn't do much, but what did you think?" He spun in place on one heel somewhat abruptly. "Did I at least look nice?"

Baixue

The youth's appearance was a first for Baixue; the people of her Yan tribe always wore exteriors that allowed one another to easily distinct between one's gender, but she couldn't exactly make sense of what gender the person belonged to. Was the person a boy or a girl? The voice hinted towards a slightly masculine side, admittedly, but she was still unsure. Regardless, she regarded the person before her with a solemn look, admittedly slightly woebegone to be reminded of the previous battle that had ensued, but this one wasn't violent like the others -- not like that intimidating, violent girl with the flames or as dangerous as the other that fired electrical spheres. She decided this person was of no threat to her, and if anything, she found the person's entrance mildly refreshing.

"You performed well," She said as she slowly undressed a portion of her thick tundra clothing that covered her in layers, having entered a warmer climate, forcing a smile. While she did not want to let her distressed thoughts out to avoid bursting a bubble -- she had not enjoyed the battle for the most part, even if this one had little to do with the reasons for it -- Baixue decided to entertain the youth before her at the moment, knowing that said youth was the first to provide her with interaction, and in a rather amiable manner, no less. " I don't really understand what your Lumen is apart from the fact that it manipulates something, though.....what's your name, young one? And, forgive me for asking this...." She failed to resist a slight flush in her face as she prepared herself for the odd, possibly disrespectful question, averting her eyes away for a moment before they darted back to Haruki, examining him carefully. "Are you....a boy or a girl? You don't exactly allude to one specifically, if I may be so bold...."

Edited by Noir

"Yes, of course. Thank you again for your gift, mr. Osiric." This boy was actually nice. What a surprise. She was starting to think everybody here was after each other. Tessa gave a nod to the boy before turning back to Karen.

"Oh my, I apologize!" She quickly said. "I didn't mean to ignore you. And I'll gladly show you my Lumen...or, well, explain it to you...you can't actually see it." She cleared her throat before continuing, unaware of what Karen had started prepairing for her... "You see, my Lumen takes the form of a very sophisticated network of information at my disposal at any given moment. It allows me to store and memorize anything I desire, from simple academic problems to complex enemy patters, and then use the situation to my advantage." As the green-haired girl spoke, she raised a finger up and seemed content with how she was presenting herself. Pretty awesome, right~? Her Lumen would definitely put this person's Lumen to shame now that she'd explained it. If they wanted competition, they were in for a firce fight! ..right?

"I'm Haruki, and that's a boy's name, silly~!" the boy with the long, bright pink hair, high voice, and what definitely looked like a purple girls' hoodie replied. "I wouldn't be a very good big brother if I was a girl, although I guess that'd just make me a big sister~ but yeah. I don't really remember your name either, actually, what was it again? I bet it's all cool and mysterious and stuff, isn't it?" He spun around again partway through speaking, ending up with a hand posed in front of his face in a suitably dramatic fashion before dropping it. "And my Lumen makes stuff reflective or refractive, it's super neat!"

Hassar

"Another floramancer? Interesting..." he thought as he finished his carving. This Os boy would be a useful asset. Satisfied with his work (although still not about what exactly it was), he set the wooden flame to the ground and allowed small purple flowers nearby to grow and cover it. The now purple fire looked almost lifelike due to how he grew the flowers. Having no real use for it, he left it there and headed off to the dorms to get some apothecary work done.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Leo went straight to one of the dorms without bothering with introductions. While he'd be more polite in any other occasion, his body wanted nothing but to rest after the fight, so he'd have to save the niceties for later. As he approached the room, he heard a voice that, by this point, was already familiar.

"Oh, it's that boy with light manipulation." he thought, rolling his eyes. "He's not exactly someone I'd want to be around right now, but at least he's just talkative."

The first thing Leo saw as soon as he entered the room was Haruki, as expected. However, there was someone else in there: A girl that he hadn't seen before, with a peculiar assortment of colors on her hair. Realizing that they were having a conversation and that he just walked in without prior warning, he took a few steps back and knocked on the door with his elbow.

Karen & Alison

“Such beautiful work you’ve made with your Lumen.” Alison gave a sigh as he made his remark. “I’d love to have abilities like yours, but sadly my Lumen ability is near non-existent. I can only use what Master Marcus is able to give me.”

“Perhaps you can show me what else you can do with your Lumen sometime? I’m sure Master Marcus won’t mind me spending time with others on my off time.” Alison gave his usual happy smile as he spoke to Osiric. “I’d say xe doesn’t give me much, but Master Marcus… tends not to be awake much.”

Meanwhile, Karen was continuing xyr conversation. “Get to see whatever information you want and use that, huh? Man, I bet people thought you were a dirty cheater back in school. Though, does Lumen count as cheating? Hope not.” Karen giggled to xemself, loving the feeling of taunting the girl. “Still, I guess yours is pretty cool, but I still say mine’s better.”

“Now, how about a little demonstration, then?” Karen gave xemself a deep breath, swinging around Tessalyva to get behind her. “Don’t look, it’s a surprise!” A surprise Karen didn’t expect her to like.

It was only a small amount of concentration to do this. Karen didn’t need any rest for this. Karen shut her eyes, muttering to xemself. “Come forth, beings from my deepest dreams,” xe said in a whisper. Xe didn’t need to speak the fancy words, xe just liked how they sounded, and they helped xem think. Small sigils barely bigger than Karen’s hand began to form on the ground, tiny spiders appearing from them. With a quick swing of xyr hand, Karen grabbed up as many spiders as xe could, and dropped them on Tessalyva’s head. “Hope you enjoy my little performance!”

Edited by InnocentBoy

"Oh thank you," Os said, cheeks once again turning crimson. "- I could show you again sometimes, sure. Also if I may ask uh - what exactly is your master's Lumen?" But of course Os didn't have to wait long for an answer, as that was when Karen chose to perform their demonstration to Tessa. "They make... spiders?" Os side-whispered to Alison.

• Veterans

Rafael snickered. A flower in a pot? Really? Talk about cheesy... There won't be a shortage of amusement around here, not with people like this around. Seeing no real reason to continue staying in the room, Rafael was about to turn around and walk towards the dorms when he noticed the spiders Karen had suddenly procured. "What the...." Now THAT, was freaky.

Alison

“It’s, uh…” Alison scratched the back of his head as he heard Osiric’s remark. “A bit more than spiders Master Marcus can summon.” Alison shook his head, knowing that there wasn’t exactly much he could to stop Karen. Though, as much as he knew it was a bad idea, he was interested to see how Tessa would react. “Xe’ll probably explain enough soon.”

"A dirty cheater-?" Now this was too much. This person was just asking to get whooped. Perhaps retaining a constrained approach was beyond the capability of even as uncommon a woman as she was, with these sorts of people around. She perhaps would've given Karen a scolding or a couple of harsh words, maybe even a whack on the head, had she no suddenly been swarmed by dozens of tiny little bodies which immediately as they were thrown upon her began squirming around in her hair. "Just what are you muttering behind my back! Come here, I thought you were giving me a demonstratio-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!"

The realization struck immediately. There was something about spiders that chilled everyone to the bone, a fear strong enough to allow people to easily identify the disgusting little things with barely a thought. However, knowing what it was wasn't helping her. Tessa began hopping in circles, frantically shaking her head and running her hands through her hair (effectively making a mess out of herself), trying to get the things off herself, while periodically letting out screams. She dropped the flower to the ground in the process.

Edited by Bfroger6