[IC] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

Hassar

Taking a dagger from it's sheathe, Hassar sighed. "Instead of comparing sword sizes, why don't the two of you have a duel? I, for one, prefer a little more finesse in my attacks." Letting them get a glimpse of it, he hid it behind him rather than re-sheathing it. If he was going to room with these people, seeing how they were in battle would probably be the best judge of character. Not to mention the fact that the wind swordsman seemed to brag more than show his actual skill.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rame

She didn't answer him for while, simply kept staring at the floor, air steadily growing hotter by the moment... until all at once, it stopped. As if a phantom had passed through the space between them, the air instantly plummeted back down to what it had once been. The light in her eyes dimmed a bit, softened... then her eyes closed as her breathing steadied. Braith... yet again.... keeping her on a leash...

She forced them open again, looking directly at the boy "Like I said... my brothers used to raise hell whenever those cretins threw stones at me... and later on they would draw steel over it too. They're the only ones who ever gave a damn about me;so as far as I can see, they're the only real family I've ever had....aside from... him. And I prefer it like that too... all the rest of them were worthless anyway, hateful little wastes of space..."

Despite the venom dripping from nearly every word she said, there was a trace of fondness in her voice... however fleeting it was before she went on.

"Wait... why the hell do you care about any of this anyway? I don't even know you..." She stopped... then her eyes flared yet again as she remembered the fuckboy named Can... the one who gave charity and spoke well enough, but wore a paper smile and scheming eyes the entire time he did "Look, damn it, what do you want? Should've known you'd be after something like he was...Gods, are all you bastards fake around here, Is this really what men do in the south, put on this facade of giving a damn, only to extort something later on. If so... I've heard and seen of men acting like wolves before, too many times... but this... this is just fucking shameful."

It wasn't much different than the north, honestly... but hey, at least up there, most people had the decency to admit their motives upfront and come clean with precisely what they were hoping to get out of assisting their neighbors... it was called bargaining; help thatching a roof in return for a new tool from the smith, a cache of fish for a replacement sled rudder from the carpenter...

this though... this little craven bout of manipulation they liked to keep trying... it was starting to piss her off...real fast...

"I'm done playing these damn games, if you're after something from me...come out and say it already."

"After your battle... I wanted to know... if you were to be trusted. We are going to be... allies," Felis responded. He felt he couldn't very well judge Rame before getting to know her or her reasons for the way she acts. The deep-seeded mistrust that resided within Rame was something that isn't uneasily undone. Unlike him, it sounded like Rame doesn't have anyone to support her anymore. If Felis' uncle had never taken him away, where would he be? Still kicking around in Medulla, unhappy with everything as it is? There would eventually be a point where he couldn't solve everything through brute force. And his uncle was there to help him realize it.

"I am... from Medulla. Because I have trouble... getting along with people...everybody chose to ostracize me. They ignored me. Avoided me. So I pushed them away... in anger. It was... lonely." he said wistfully. He knew he didn't explain very well for Rame to understand anything, but he was never very good with expressing himself anyways. He had hoped the sentiment had gotten across somehow. "You reminded me... of myself. So before I make... the same mistake... instead of just... avoiding you... I wanted to get to know you. To try... and understand. I feel that I do... a little better now. But... if you don't want me to... pry further... I will respect that."

He had no intention of getting on Rame's bad side, so now was a good time as any to leave. With a slight nod, he turned away from Rame, and returned to his bunk bed.

"....................." She didn't know what the hell to believe anymore, as he walked back to his own bed. Above all else, her gut instinct screamed to not trust him, or any of these lot after what she'd seen of em so far... that she would just end up getting fucked over in the end of the day as she always had in the past. She had more than meant it when she said her brothers and Braith were the only ones worth anything to her... none of them had ever steered her wrong. None of them had ever intentionally tried to harm or get rid of her, or looked at her with disdain just for occupying the same gods damn general breathing space, spat vulgarities or slurs at her face, or launched stones at her head.

And to be brutally honest, she didn't care where he was from or what his story was. He was just another stranger, regardless how much he tried to change that. She wasn't a fucking idiot, wasn't some child, not anymore, hadn't been for a long time. She knew damn well it was always the strangers who did the worse shit; she could never forgive her sisters for anything that had gone down between them over the years, sure... that had been more than clear enough when she finally burned the oldest one to a crisp and scared the other two absolutely shitless. But at least, even as much as they'd hated her, there was still some subconscious restraint most of the time... if only because of the apprehension for the utter wrath their brothers might bring if she ever ended up dead in one of the snow banks.

Strangers gave no fucks about that though. They saw her, they saw nothing more than a foul creature, to be disposed of to protect themselves and their families from whatever imagined tragedy she might bring. When a wolf wanders into a village, people don't give it food or hospitality or try to pet it, no... they either drive it away or kill it, skin it, eat it, and wear it's damn pelt as a trophy.

What the hell type of sense would it make to subject herself to that shit anymore than absolutely necessary?

"........"

"...not everyone is an enemy..."

"........"

"Don't you remember the healer?"

"....yeah."

"She was a stranger as well... did she act anything like we'd seen back north?"

"....no..."

"It is alright... little wolf. As I told you... you're free from them now. Exile was the best possible thing we could've hoped for, and we have more than enough reason to never go back to that god's forsaken continent."

"...but why should I trust him?"

"Why not? As I said... we aren't in the north anymore. The stigma for those like you seems to be isolated mostly to there... and unlike the earlier boy, or the other fucks around here, he came clean with his intentions almost immediately when questioned, and actually seems to have at least some basic sense in him... From what portions of the path I've seen already... I don't think he is our true enemy...certainly not compared to that arrogant little shrew with the winds.

Are you not tired of this, little wolf? Of constantly fighting them all tooth and nail, just for the right to exist? I said we could burn all those who would abuse and exploit us both, but... pray tell, young cub, what would be the point of burning all the fuckers, if we simply lumped in the one's like Ingram and Brandt with them, destroyed those who were good to us too? Then we would have nothing...and we'd be just as empty and hollow as when we met..."

She felt something hot leak onto her cheek, and the droplet evaporated nearly instantly the moment it touched the burning heat of her skin. And no more dared to follow it, having seen the fate of their brother, so foolish as to venture out into the expanse of the unknown and be vanished instantly.

"........fine." She glanced over at the boy in his own bed. Her instinct still shouted with all it's might about the idea of letting any connection form but... Braith had never led her astray before. "Why are you here?" she asked, voice quiet as her eyes quickly found themselves back on the floor. "the fighting... what made you sign up for this?....Did you even have a choice?"

A voice came from behind him. Rame's voice. This time, without anger, or despair.

"Why are you here? The fighting... what made you sign up for this?....Did you even have a choice?"

A question. A moment of pause. Felis stood in place, with his back still turned. Immobile. He closed his eyes as he thought carefully. Choice. That was always a tricky question. A matter of free will, or perhaps an illusion of free will. He had a choice. He was given one. His uncle had spoke of this very camp. The risks that would entail, should he choose to come here. Felis could have also adopted the lifestyle of solitude, like his uncle. One that spoke to him as a person. But that wouldn't grant him happiness. Move back to Medulla, where society was? No. He would never fit in. So really, were there really choices, when there is only one answer?

"I cannot... understand people. I cannot fit in... with society. I cannot be... happy," Felis said, as his voice wavered. But his next words were filled with strong conviction. "But I fight... out of my own volition. I fight... because I am able. I fight... because I can. I once... lost myself to anger. But I made... a promise. Not to lose... to myself."

He turned around to face Rame, his confidence brimming, no longer slouching, but maintaining perfect posture. His abundant Lumen escaped freely as raw, unbridled energy.

"Here... I can learn to become strong," he said, as his Lumen poured out freely. "To learn... to be in control." As Felis said that, the flow of energy in the air stopped. Much like water being poured out of a bottle, and then corked perfectly, not letting a single unnecessary drop escape. As the energy from all his talking calmed down, he turned away and immediately became self-conscious and. "Did I really say all that? I hope I wasn't being too imposing..."

A laugh. She hadn't expected it herself, but... just how unnecessarily Shonen the little lumen display and speech had been, how corny and cliche the lines were, and yet how oddly sincere about it he clearly was. It was a lot of Ingram really. He was exactly like this, bombastic and every bit as absorbed in the belief of what he said as this guy...he'd been the only one who could really make her laugh, even. Granted, Brandt had always been just as kind and sincere as ingram, but in his own way. He was far more serious and introverted by comparison, a hermit, and maker and executor of plans where Ingram would have no issue gathering a crowd with his heartfelt theatrics, and saying 'screw the plan' and forging his own path without a single look back if he thought it would turn out for the better.

"Heheh..Ok then, hero..." She finally managed as the amusement wound down, "just try not to blow the roof off the place, eh? You saw what they did when I tried to kill that brat, the bastards don't play around here." a short bit of a chuckle lingered all the while, as she leaned back onto the bed. Screw it, she was staying. Braith said it was safe, the southern boy seemed to have some decency to him, and he was right funny with the theatricality and speeches.

Compared to what she'd found in the other cabins, this was like finding gold in a pile of rancid shit.

((Stalkerkain Achievement Get: Befriend(?) the crazy albino chick))

Roy

"So, that sword is given to you through charity, as it serves a reminder of your tragic past and still you choose to carry it!?" Roy snorted. "Well, whatever floats your boat, kid. If it makes you feel any better honoring your dead dad and whatnot." Roy shrugs, almost feeling sympathetic to Damon's sword origin. The operative word 'almost'. Roy is the type of guy that has no sense of empathy or honoring someone, to him, this longsword-wielder is just a prisoner of his own past.

"Instead of comparing sword sizes, why don't the two of you have a duel? I, for one, prefer a little more finesse in my attacks."

Roy then raised a brow as the plant guy show a glimpse of his dagger and suggested something. He didn't get a good look at it but it seems like it resembles like spearhead, something used for hunting and survival, common tool use in Roy's region. I guess these two oafs, knows a thing or two about survival afterall.Roy smiled thinking of the thought. The boy marches a few steps back and turns,facing both Damon and Hassar who still haven't introduced themselves yet. "I could use a little exercise to loosen up and burn some time" He stretches his arms and did a few twist with his arms.

"Tree hugger may have a point. So How about it fire guy? are you up for a duel, enchanting our blade with our lumen is optional of course. but let's see how you fair without it."Roy cockily said and firmly grip the hilt of his sword.

Roy's swordsmanship skill is your average hacking and slashing, he wasn't trained by a master swordsman or anything, what he did learn is from his years of experience hunting in Aquilo, battling Rabid beasts living the arctic and whatnot. And just like his father told him: If you can fend off a polar bear's swipe with your sword, you can block anything with it.

"And by the way, My name is Roy, just so you know." He said, positioning himself into a defensive stance, eyes filled with intensity, ready to unsheathed his curved blade, waiting on Damon's response.

Damon

"So, that sword is given to you through charity, as it serves a reminder of your tragic past and still you choose to carry it!?" "Well, whatever floats your boat, kid. If it makes you feel any better honoring your dead dad and whatnot."

"Only a fool forgets his past, my sword serves as a reminder of why I am here." Damon said, contemplating adding how he had planned to leave once he was sent away and find those responsible for his parent's death, and avenge his father with a sword he had made, but he figured he would be wasting his breath.

Then Hassar suggested that they should have a duel, which was rather surprising to Damon considering how well "practicing" went earlier in the day.

"Well this trip has been annoyingly long and I haven't had a chance to practice since I left... "Damon said, pausing briefly. "It would probably be best if we stayed away from Lumen though, I think we have had enough problems with lumen for today. And judging from how fast the instructors ended the previous fight, I would rather this didn't get out of hand." Damon said, assuming a balanced combat stance with his right foot forward and his left at a 90 degree angle to that. He also shifted his weight to his left foot so that he could spring and attack instantly with his right if need be.

"Let's just make sure we don't kill each other, I think you two are the only people that I can stand so far... I almost forgot, my name is Damon" He said as he reached to his back, unbuttoned his sword belt, brought the sheath in front of him, and pulled the sword from the sheath, discarding the sheath by the fountain. The hilt of the sword was surprisingly fancy compared to Damon's rugged attire, having and engraving in the hilt, and an expertly smithed pommel, but the blade itself was rather plain but practical, and seemed to be darker near the tip, due to Damon's use of his lumen to heat the tip as hot as a branding iron.

Roy

"Let's just make sure we don't kill each other, I think you two are the only people that I can stand so far... I almost forgot, my name is Damon"

"Fine" Roy reluctantly said. He then raised a brow as Damon's reveal his fancy sword. The tip of its blade was singed, like it abused by heat and was put in a furnace quite alot. "I see you are using your lumen way too much, enchanting your sword and whatnot. I hope didn't forget your sword wielding skills while you're at it." Roy snorted.

Finally, some action. I have to be careful tho, I have a huge disadvantage when it comes to the reach of our blades. Must get closer and strike fast to take this bastard down. Roy thought to himself, pressing his thumb on his pommel, making a clicking sound, making his sword budge from its sheath, Making it easier to withdraw.

"Shall we start?" Roy said with a smirk.

Not waiting for a reply from his opponent, The boy dashes off towards Damon, unsheathing his sword along the way with his two hands, Roy's blade was gleaming, well polished and shines like a mirror, almost blinding from the beam coming from the sunlight. Nothing special about Roy's sword, just your standard well-taken katana crafted from the north.

Roy makes a swift cleaving slash just about Damon's neck level as he restrain the force within his strike, this is just a friendly swordfight after all and the last thing he wants is an accidental decapitation of his fellow countrymen on school grounds.

Damon

Roy charged at Damon holding his katana in a two handed grip, which meant that he was going to a heavy overhead strike. Damon smiled, 'If he fights like his personality, this shouldn't be too hard. He'll probably try to get in close...' Damon thought as Roy rushed at him, swinging a sideways swipe at his head. Damon turned on his heel and switched to a two handed grip to meet the opposing blade at an angle. He knew he had to be careful how he met Roy's swings or he would spend hours with his whetstone getting notches out of his blade.

As their blades crossed Damon lunged forward and kicked with his right foot at his opponent's chest before he had time to try something else. He then reversed the momentum of his body twisting to deliver the kick, and swung his sword in a one handed grip horizontally down at Roy, careful not to put too much force into the swing. 'Last thing I want is the bloodthirsty reputation that white haired one established.'

Edited by M_Cowher

Roy

"Ooofff.." Roy was stunned from the sudden kick from Damon. The boy was forced to step a few inches back and bends a knee, balancing himself from the attack. In that moment, Roy was agitated as he stands still with his sword at hand, anticipating the incoming vertical blow from Damon. Roy has to act fast, He immediately shifted his grip on his curved blade with both of his hands and change it into an 'icepick grip'.

And with that, He parries the incoming blow with the curved rear of his blade clashing with Damon's sword. Roy's katana was vertical positioned as their steel meet once more, making a loud clinking sound from the collision. Roy struggles to push forward and finally gets close to his opponent's face. Both of the swordsmen are facing each other now with their blade still connected to each other.

"I see you're holding back as well, I'm only doing this not to get expelled," Roy said as he frees his right hand, and immediately delivering a swift sucker punch to Damon, right under his jaw. Roy breaks the lock and steps a few inches back, while Damon was stunned from the punch, He lunges an attack and delivers a thrust with his curved blade, stick em with the pointy end if you will, Aiming at the middle of Damon's chest.

Damon

Roy's suckerpunch caught Damon off guard as he stumbled back. 'Well he definately isn't afraid to fight dirty.' Damon thought, as Roy attempted to deliver a lunging thrust, which Damon easily parried from the right and used the momentum to spin backwards into his next attack. Briefly jumping mid spin to build momentum and attack with astonishing speed he brought his left arm down smashed into Roy's collar bone pushing him him back. Master Royland had taught Damon a wide variety of tactics, if Damon would have had a left handed dagger, that would have easily been a fatal blow to any enemy.

"Now why would I want to get expelled, we haven't even started yet." Damon said, before lunging forward with his sword over his shoulder as if he were about to do an overhead attack, but feinted and instead directed his lunger lower and swiped sideways at Roy's lower legs. This move was used on Damon so many times by his former master that it showed how much that he improved since he originally started training, now it was his turn.

Edited by M_Cowher

Roy

Roy slightly stumbles as he misses his attack on Damon, not only that he wildly misses his target, The agitated boy feels pain as the weight of the boy left arm as Damon gives him a heavy shove along the way. He quickly spins around and shifted into a more defensive stance with his blade held high. His eyes move promptly, predicting what Damon's next move is. And with that, The boy with the longsword lunges an attack, Roy tightly grips his sword and was ready to block it.
He could have sworn he was going for his head but instead he was bamboozled, trick by a fancy move. Damon ducks at the last second sweep the boy's legs with his sword. Roy steps back but the attack has taken its resolve and did what it was supposed to do. Roy stumbles and was thrown out balance and trips into the soft grass. The fallen swordsman didn't drop his guard down not one bit as his blade was still held high, pointing at his opponent while he was laying on the ground.
"A fluke...A point for you." Roy muttered as he immediately rolls out of harm's way. Feeling embarrassed, Roy held his sword and gritted his teeth, channeling his anger on his next move.
Filled with rage, The enraged wind bender was on offense mode again. He charges at Damon at full speed, shifting his momentum on his feet with every step and strikes him down with a flurry of slashes with his curve blade. It was swift yet somehow careless. A combination of hacking and slashing thrown with every swing. Roy was determine to land a strike from this consecutive blows and draw some blood from the fire-wielder.
Edited by Ragnar

Hassar

"Ah. Finally something interesting." he thought as the duel began. He wasn't particularly bloodthirsty, nor did he fancy violence, but he was getting bored of their talk with no action. Having heard their names, he realized that he was correct. Roy wasn't particularly skilled, but he was putting up a good fight. Even if it was through anger, which could be rather...predictable. Gripping the dagger in his hand tightly, he was ready to move if this got out of hand. It was his idea, after all, and he found that he didn't hate these two.

Baixue

I almost fell to my death until I realised I could fly, the words entered the girl's head as she remembered the perilous experience. More specifically, until the great Aqui bestowed me the power to.

"Well, I guess I have gotten hurt, once or twice.....sometimes it's important to fall, like eaglets in discomforting nests dropped by their parents from the sky in order to teach them to fly....it's important that you learn, and to suffer hardship, as it would prepare." She could not associate her haven of happiness back in her tribe with that statement in itself, but her experience where she almost fell while attempting to witness an aurora back in those snowy lands had given her that lesson, that important cogitation that she clung to her tightly, knowing the hardships that would confront her, now alone in the outside world. She did not want to discuss the sentiment of her experience of her and her quest to find the great Aqui, finding it too valuable and personal of a memory to divulge. She couldn't help but wonder if the other chosen ones were also in pursuit of the beings that bestowed upon them their power. "Back in Aquillo, homework doesn't exactly exist, so while I can't relate, I think we can both agree that there's a first time for everything."

Baixue inhaled a deep breath, trying to let the rush of excitement, freedom and euphoria sink in and fill her. She did that every time before she flied, believing it would fulfil the joys of her idiosyncratic ability to fly to its fullest.

"Anyways, come on." She knelt down with her back facing Haruki, gesturing for him to sidle himself comfortably on her back as she prepared their flight. "I'm all set. Again -- don't remember to hold tight! I promise I'll give you the ride of the lifetime. Better than that airplane," Her cheeks puffed yet again at the remembrance of the jejune flying experience, "I must profess that it ruined a bit of my day there, and I think you can understand why. I'll show you what real flying is like."

Edited by Noir

Damon

The leg sweep did it's job, knocking Roy down, who recovered surprisingly fast considering he had his legs knocked out from under him with the broad side of a sword. 'Royland would still find something to complain about.'

"A fluke...A point for you."

Damon smiled, trying not to get too cocky though, he had learned his lesson about that numerous times in his own training. Unsurpsisingly Roy immediately went on the offensive again charging Damon with a flurry of blows. 'Oh crap.'

Damon assumed a more defensive stance pointing his sword forward in a two handed grip with his right shoulder held high, ready for lots of parrying. As Damon met Roy's first blow with a parry he began to zone out and enter a conbat trance, his face expressionless, entirely focused on defending himself. Roy's flurrys began to overpower Damon slightly until he met one of Roy's blows with equal or greater force. 'The best defence is a good offense.' The blades clashed and Damon shifted his grip to face his sword forward. Roy's katana slid across the longsword and stopped at the crossguard.

Damon and Roy's faces were again inches away from eachother. "You're getting sloppy because you're angry." Damon grunted, as he stepped forward slightly, and pushed Roy back again. He was slightly winded and held his sword in both hands in front of him, ready to strike again.

Alison

A chill ran down Alison’s spine when he saw the rather terrifying stare from Tessa. It took all his focus to not drop the luggage there, in his fear. “My apologies, Ms. Whipschnapps.” Alison adjusted his stride, only to nearly fall over when he noticed that Tessa adjusted hers. “Please don’t notice this time!” Though, Alison had a feeling she would.

Alison wasn’t going to leave that easily. If he walked back and accepted defeat, Karen would probably just laugh at him. Not this time! Xe'll laugh at him for many things, but not for how easily he'd give up. “Onward, Eric! We will not be defeated that easily!

Though, he had to admit. It was times like this Alison enjoyed the fact that Karen spent most of xyr time sleeping, rather than bossing him around for some rather arduous tasks. Eric’s stomping on his head told Alison that he had similar thoughts.

Roy

"You're getting sloppy because you're angry."

"Shut up!" Roy retorted, snarling at his opponent. Not the best comeback coming from the moody wind bender at that time, but his emotions are running high and is getting the best of him. He even can't think straight at this moment. His pride was bruised after that legs sweep fall and now this bastard's longsword is able to parry his every attack.

I won't be bested by the likes of you. Roy thought to himself after being separated and push aside by Damon. He intensely glares at his opponent while heavily gasping for air. As much as he hates to admit it. He's exhausted from the way he executes his previous slashes. This wouldn't happen if he delivers his attack more efficiently instead of wasting his energy in swinging wildly like a madman with his blade. And now he's panting like a dog.

Roy pauses, and compose himself for a second, reminiscing a cliche yet important advice from one his brothers in Aquilo. 'Remember Roy, we live in the coldest region in the world, it's important to save your breath when hunting, you'll be good as beast chowder if you run out of it. Also, while engaging, don't be stupid, make your attacks count, and just remember: a wolf is harmless without its teeth.'

Roy sighed as he shifted his body sideways and into a tail guard stance, slightly bending a knee to set up his pivot foot. Roy's hands are both on the hilt as he conceals the rest of his sword from behind as if he was about to withdraw it.

With a quick turn of his foot, Roy takes one step forward and lunges an attack, delivering a precise and agile slanting blow going upwards, connecting at Damon's longsword. Making a loud clinking as their cold steel clashes.But he wasn't done yet, As their blade was still intertwined, Roy continues to push through his sword and grinds harder against Damon's. He then musters all of his remaining strength and overpowers the fire-wielder, forcefully redirect both of their swords aside.

With Damon's sword out of position and just lazily dangles there for a moment. Roy performs his follow-up strike. He twists his waist, positioning his blade even lower. And just like hitting a home run with a baseball bat at full swing. Roy mightily swings his katana in an upward fashion as he tries to disarm Damon's weapon right out of his hands from this blade shattering blow.

Edited by Ragnar

Damon

"Shut up!"

Roy was clearly winded and frusturated at this point, but instead of rushing in again he stopped briefly. Roy composed himself and changed his stance into a tail guard. 'He knows he isn't going to win unless he focuses and controls his attacks.' With that thought Roy lunged into another attack, swinging his sword up out of it's low position. Damon met it with a sideways parry, their swords locked and Roy pushed with all of his strength, clearly agitated at this point, Roy grunted as he pushed both of their sword aside, Damon defensively took a step back with his sword in a one handed grip held at his side.

Roy then began his follow up strike, holding his weapon more like a baseball bat than a sword. 'Oh crap, he's giving this his all.' Damon knew exatly what to do, he reacted as fast as his weapon would allow him and switched into a two handed grip, and tilted his sword blade towards him. The defense allowed Damon to meet Roy's strike, but not perfectly. The katana thundered against the longsword, clearly leaving a notch in the blade. Damon's strength faltered slightly under the force of the attack as he expected. The katana cut against Damon's vest before he began his manuver.

Because Damon had met Roy's attack slanted, he was able to shift his grip and meet both blades at their hilts. "This is probably going to hurt." The swordsman said, before twisting his grip and smashing Roy's hand with his crossguard. As Roy was recoiling in pain Damon followed up, striking at his opponent with the blunt pommel of his sword, hoping to incapacitate him before this got ugly.

Edited by M_Cowher

Roy

Roy wasn't expecting a counterattack after that dismantling blow he delivered. It was supposed to disarm this fire bastard's sword right out his hand but I guess Damon has a finer grip on his weapon and Roy's execution is kinda sloppy, being distraught and all.

Roy distances himself from Damon as he takes a breather from that blow. He spits on the ground as he tries to compose himself, feeling dazed like a drunkard, trying to balance himself on his two wobbly feet. Roy looks at his a hand as it shakes uncontrollably from the pain he took from Damon's blunt like crossguard. "Shit" he muttered, wincing in pain. 'Screw the rules! I'm going to use lumen to win' Roy thought to himself as he struggles to position himself in a sloppy Ochs stance. He held his weapon above temple level and aimed the rest of its blade slightly bend at Damon's throat level. His hands were still shaking and can't even support the weight of his katana properly. He desperately tries to correct his form while preparing to summon forth his lumen.

"Wind, to my blade" He calls forth his lumen and moments past but nothing is happening. No signs of the air flowing through him nor his blade.

"Wind.. to my blade now!" Roy yelled and gritted his teeth and demanding his lumen to fuse with his sword once more. But nothing, not a breeze nor a gust comes to his aid. Now this is getting embarrassing,

What the fuck!? now I can't even use my lumen properly? what's wrong with me? He thought himself, perplexed as he awkwardly makes a fool of himself in front of his opponent. this is the first time that this incident has ever happen to Roy.

"Screw this, this is a joke." Roy spits into the ground and put his sword down, still stubborn to believe that he is bested by a trained swordsman.Even in sheathing his blade in, He winced and struggles to put his sword away as his hand trembles uncontrollably. Without another word, Roy sighed and walks away from the fight, leaving the two behind.

What the fuck just happened there? He asked himself. I can't even focus to summon my own lumen nor hold my blade properly, Perhaps its all because iof this blasted pain I'm feeling on hand or that I lost focus in that fight. This is definitely not my day. Roy thought to himself and sighed, feeling angry and exhausted from the outcome of the duel.

Os paused at the door to the building, looking behind him to watch the two boys fighting begin. "That seems kind of dangerous", they had just had a supervised fight go south, was it really a good idea to be fighting on their own? He then figured they probably knew what they were doing with their swords.

After watching them for a few more moments, he turned around and headed inside.

Soon after Felis had finished his monologue, he could hear laughing. But there was no other person in the cabin other than-

-Oh.

Felis couldn't tell whether the laugh was a good thing or a bad thing. Failing to understand what was funny, he simply sat down on a bunk.

You saw what they did when I tried to kill that brat, the bastards don't play around here."

"Neither do you," he thought to himself, as the statement unnerved him. Actually hearing that she had intended to kill someone outright was still a little unsettling, no matter the context.

"Heheh.. Ok then, hero..." She finally managed as the amusement wound down, "Just try not to blow the roof off the place, eh?"

"That will not... be a problem," he said, as his Lumen wasn't actively destructive. Unless he ran berserk, then he shouldn't have an issue with the camp guardians. He couldn't remember the last time he lost control, but perhaps that was a good thing.

"And... you?" he asked Rame. "What brings... you here?"

Edited by Stalkerkain

"Exile" the question was enough to finally stop her giggling, in fact the transition was so abrupt it was nearly uncanny as she lay there, staring up at the bottom of the bunk. "... she had it coming though. Every waking moment since the beginning, she was giving me a reason...It just took him encouraging me to finally act on it." Whoever the 'him' she'd referred to thus far in the conversation was anyone's guess, but she kept on regardless. "I just did what I had to in the end... not my fault she finally went and struck me one time too many. Did I ever mention how much a rock to the fucking head actually hurts? Because it does...and even more when it's being used as a club, instead of just being thrown..."

Her hair had flayed out on the pillow when she lay down. Sitting at the foot of the bunk, Felis could've easily spotted the long, deep scar on her left temple, almost fully scabbed over and beginning to fade, but still very clear of how recent it had to have been. There were the hints of a few others too, though much smaller and far harder to see with their age and faded presence...

Felis said nothing, as he didn't understand most of what Rame was referring to. Abuse, for the most part, but it wasn't his place to console or sympathize with her. Any attempt at doing so might only invite rebuke and further anger. Perhaps he would ask at another time. But for now, that issue was neither here nor there, and there seemed to be even a twinge of relief in her voice at being exiled.

"But... why are you... here," he said, trying to place more emphasis on his question. Perhaps he wasn't clear enough. "Why... fight in Auster?"

"But... why are you... here? Why... fight in Auster?"

Rame looked up at him with a mix of both annoyance and perplexion. Exile. That was why... was that not enough of a reason? In the north, it was supposedly the non-lethal version of far harsher sentences; the indirect and out of sight out of mind way of dealing with those you didn't want around. But in truth, it was the same as death most of the time. Exiles were seldom allowed to take supplies and certainly no weapons with them, simply sent out into the snow wastes to be at nature's mercy. Hell the only reason she had been allowed to be the exception was because... well, her brothers apparently didn't care that much about their inheritence, compared to what happened to her. It made her smile, ever so slightly...

but fine. maybe he was too dense to get it even with everything she'd already told him.

"This is war." She used extra emphasis herself this time, letting it carry through as she continued. "People die in war. All the time. Exiles in the north never choose the destination in which they begin their excommunication... they're always taken there by force and left behind. You see these welts on my wrists?" The scars were still as clear as ever, even more so from her recent agitation and rubbing. so red and raw they were almost bloody. "They itch like hell and I fucking hate them; what, you think I gave these to myself?... Don't you get it yet?"