[IC] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

Baixue

" So you are a male," The mood began to lighten as the young man before Baixue introduced himself, as his bright and bubbly personality incited a smile on her face. Tidying her hair, it was her turn for an introduction. "Be that as it may, then. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Haruki. I've not introduced myself to anyone yet, so it's natural that no one knows who I am or what my Lumen in particular is, so you have the privilege of being the first to know. My name is Baixue."

She paused for a moment. She had given her name so quickly, knowing that it was a name that was difficult to pronounce and comprehend for a foreign acquaintance. She cleared her throat and decided to make it clear for the young boy before her.

" Bai-shweh," she enunciated her name slowly once more for clarity, addressing Haruki like a teacher educating a young child in pronouncing his first words, albeit rather awkwardly. " I know it's very difficult to pronounce, as it's a tribal name from Aquillo. If you find my name difficult for you, you can always call me Snow, as that is what my name means in my tongue. Snow White, specifically, but I'd prefer it if you call me Snow, again, if Baixue is too hard for you."

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hiiii~ It's nice to meet you, Baixue! Haha, I said your name was cool, and it means snow. I've never seen snow but I know it's cold! I suppose you know more about that than I do, though, since you lived in it and you're named after it and stuff." Somewhat abruptly, he transitioned to a position on one of the beds, landing with a fwump and the creaking of bedsprings. So what kind of cool stuff can you do, Snow?" He giggled a bit again, highly amused with his own wordplay. "Ooh, can you make blizzards and stuff? Nah, that'd be way too stereotypical. Oh, I know, can you like, control water? I hope SOMEONE can control water, everyone around here thinks fire is super fun, haha! It's way too hot at home, do they really want to make it like a boring old desert? Although I guess fire wouldn't make a place a desert, just heat it up a bunch..."

Karen & Alison

“Oh my gosh!” Karen tried to cover xyr mouth as xe let out such a loud laugh. It didn’t exactly work, and xe wouldn’t be surprised if a random passerby heard xem. “If they’re gonna kick me out of this place, they’d better do it quick!”

After a few minutes of watching Tessa’s outburst, Karen decided to finally help get rid of the spiders. Xe kept one with xem, a particular spider that looked different from the others. “Thanks, Eric,” xe said to the spider. “Alright, get on my head where you love to be.” Karen left the spider on xyr head, turning back to face Tessalyva.

“So yeah, my Lumen lets me bring forth monsters I’ve seen in my dreams, as long as I’m able to concentrate enough and all that.” Karen pushed xyr hair back over xyr shoulder, an arrogant smirk on xyr face as xe continued. “There’s a bit more to it than that, but you’ll figure it out, probably.”

Alison rushed toward the flower on the ground, keeping the plant in its soil, disregarding the broken pieces of the pot. “Everyone here wears shoes, I hope.” Alison left the flower by Osiric, not stopping to chat with him before running back to try to help calm Tessalyva. “Ms. Whipschnaps, I apologize for Master Marcus’s behavior. Do you need some help?” Alison seemed nervous as he looked at the rather distressed girl.

Roy

Roy continues to sharpen his sword as he listens to the conversation going around the dorm. As the noises began to get louder and duller with every word spoken by the other students. It slowly began to irritate Roy for some reason. That's it! I had it! I didn't come to this place to buddy-buddy with everyone else, I came here to learn and train about my lumen and make it stronger. I feel like I'm wasting my fucking time here, Screw this! I'm going outside to get some answers! Roy snapped in the midst of his thoughts, angrily driving the tip of his blade at the wooden flooring, making his sword stand up as he releases an exasperated sighed, annoyed by the fact that his free time is wasted here doing nothing.

Roy sighed once more and picks up his weapon, angrily glaring to those who are inside the room. The moody kid went outside without a word and went straight towards the grand building to get a syllabus or some idea on what courses this strange school is offering.

On his way there, He noticed Rame. She was running away from the fountain with a statue of a stag on top of it. She seems like she crap her pants and shitlessly scared like she saw a spooky ghost or something. "Weirdo" Roy muttered as he just watched the flame girl ran away, paying no attention to what's she doing here or what's eating her.

Roy continues to make his way towards the grand building's door and sighed. He began to furiously knocks at the fancy entrance, hoping someone will answer him.

Rame

...is that so...

What, you think I'm making it up?

Well... I can see everything you do, and more. If all I saw was your own reflection, something isn't wired right. You said the girl... her chest was burnt?

Like paper... eaten away from within, singed at the edges...and all I saw inside was black... so much black...

what?

Nothing...

You're lying.

You'll need a new dorm. Find one.

With that, the flame withdrew to the depths of her being, refusing her call no matter how many times she sent it. However brief it had been, it was obvious he had no intention of continuing the conversation. And thinking back on how useless he'd been, she was honestly glad she hadn't mentioned the...second vision. Rame shook her head as she scoffed, pushing herself off the tree he'd finally forced her legs to stop under. The fountain still babbled in the distance... the whole place almost mocking, especially with that little edgelord banging on the doors.

"Gods... better I left the place when I did, with that leech hanging around now...what, is he going to try and report me or something? He's even more paranoid than I thought..." She shouldered her bag and walked away from the place... "Though maybe he's right to be...after that..."

Nah... even with this... strange incident, Rame still refused to validate the little creeps convictions. Even if there was a few more wires short than she'd thought, she still only struck from provocation... there was no point wasting energy on random targets, afterall, and like Braith had scolded her... her energy was an ocean, but nowhere near an infinite one. Or a deep one apparently... either way, the Wind Fucker could try to provoke her if he wanted, start some shit just to get an excuse... she'd be even quicker to reap the opportunity right out from under him if he did.

She didn't have to go far before she encountered more madness though; this one in the form of a...boy? no...girl maybe? dumping one of those stuck up little noble shits with spiders, watching the green haired prim freak out before the other one dispelled them as suddenly as they'd come. And she smirked.

Actually, Come to think of it... she'd seen the bug summoning kid before, yeah... the plane... she'd been able to identify the blonde boy as some type of servant the minute she'd seen him among the others. She's honestly seen too damn many ever since the waters had warmed and the snow and ice of what had barely passed for home disappeared into the distance.

"Well... the little weirdo might be a rich prick like the rest of them, but at least the torment is entertaining. Who knows, maybe he'll do something similar to the other ones too... good. Fucking snobs could stand to learn a thing or two about fear and humility. This way just cut down on the potential burn victims in the future..."

"Eh, prim," she called out to the two, ignoring the butler and other guy. They were both fucking prims in her mind, but it was obvious enough as her eyes leveled on the blonde hair which one she was actually interested in, "that was a nice little show you had going there, why'd ya stop?"

Can sighed as he heard a scream and then the sound of something shattering form out side the dorm. "What the hell is going on out there. Might as well check what going on since this room is boring...Hope i did drive Rame away she's about the only interesting one right now." He thought as he got off the bed and walked out the door.

Once he got outside he say on of the girls in the group running around and hoping in circles trying to get what looked like spiders off of her head until another in the group made them disappear or something. He couldn't quite make out what the person said as they did.

"Probably something about someones Lumen I'd reckon. Hmm...spiders aren't much to worry about so i shouldn't have a problem with that." He mused to himself until he heard the familiar voice of Rame call out.

"Eh, prim,that was a nice little show you had going there, why'd ya stop?"

"Well this should be fun let's see what happens." He smiled to himself as he waited to see if anything was going to happen.

Karen

“A ‘prim’? Why if you consider me respectable and proper, you must be pretty blind.” Karen put xyr hand to xyr mouth, letting out a laugh as xe rubbed xyr bottom lip, a sarcastic smirk on xyr face. “Some of that falling pyre get in your eyes?”

“As for a reason why I stopped,” Karen shrugged xyr shoulders as xe spoke. “Well, you know. Social conventions. That's the phrase, right? But yeah, apparently, subjecting people to long periods of torture isn’t the nicest thing to do.” Karen moved xyr head to get a glance at Alison, still being the nice guy he always was. Karen turned back to Rame as xe continued. “Besides, it’s best to end something while you’re enjoying it, otherwise you’ll end up with some pretty bad memories.”

“What about you, band geek? Need somethin’ from a 'prim'?” Karen twirled around Rame, xyr back now facing the dorms. “I could use some nice sleep, and you’re certainly in the way of that.”

Baixue

Baixue couldn't resist a giggle at the young boy's humour, before clearing her throat to explain. "You amuse me, dear Haruki. It'd be great if I could do all of those amazing things you've just mentioned, but sadly, my Lumen isn't any of those aforementioned powers."

She got up from where she sat and stretched her limbs, gesturing the young boy to follow her outside. "I can fly," She said, rather pridefully, before shifting into a slightly annoyed exterior. "I wanted to fly here instead of sitting on the plane earlier, but it seems I wasn't allowed to do that, so I admittedly didn't come here with the best of moods, especially after that battle happened immediately after that....." She sighed again, brushing off these incessant thoughts. She wanted to fly, and she could entertain her new acquaintance along with it, and that was enough to quell the stress that lay on her mind at the moment. "Why don't we go outside? I can show you, and, not to be rude -- you're even small enough that I can take you on my back for a ride. Just remember to hold tight, though."

Edited by Noir

"What the hell is a 'band geek'? That pitch though..." Honestly what she cared more about was the tone the little bitch took, especially the hidden jab about 'bad memories', but Braith was stirring... watching... there was no choice but to let it go, for now... "Oh no, don't worry prim, that word isn't quite the compliment you think, where I come from. You're definitely the most abrasive and unpleasant ass of a snob I've seen around here... good. All I want is for you to keep it up; it has to be up to someone to agitate the shit out of rest of the conceited little nobles and prims running around... and you seem perfect for it."

• Support Squad

Cindy had been enjoying the brand new perspective of a wall flower as she tried not to get in the way of the two girls biting comments. She decidedly did not want to get caught in the crossfire, particularly when one side was capable of taking that turn of phrase and making it literal.

Gods dammit could she really let them keep going though? They were meant to be a team and, well, wouldn't it be nice if Cindy could be the one to calm them down? Ohh, what was the harm? Burning answered a very quiet voice in Cindy's head. she didn't listen.

"Um, we don't have to argue. Wouldn't it be nicer if we could get along and improve so that when we go down south we can, maybe, look out for each other?" Cindy ventured forward, speaking for the first time since introducing herself. Her expression was unsure and wavering but her eyes showed she was clearly earnest. She wanted the best for everyone here.

Os continued to silently watch the exchange for now. He had picked up the flower Alison had put back near him, noticing the stem had cracked a little bit - "nothing too bad". He infused a little bit more Lumen into the flower to fix the stem before putting it into another pot and hanging it in one of his pouches.

After Tessa screamed it seemed have brought other people back to the group, including the fire girl. At the moment the exchange wasn't terribly violent, although it certainly could go that way from the amount of name calling going on between Karen and the fire girl right now. "Hopefully it doesn't get too out of hand, we've already seen what she can do, and I don't think anyone other than Alison knows the full extent of Karen's power.". He sighed a little bit, "heres to hoping".

That was then when the one who seemed to be the youngest of them, Cindy, chose to speak up. This surprised Os, she seemed to be unsure, not that he could blame her considering what she also had seen during the battle. It was definitely brave of her though.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this was it. This was just too much. She could let go a little bit of argument and friendly competition here and there, but spiders...it wasn't like she was an arachnophobe, but spiders were still spiders, even worse if they were stuck in her hair. Her hair which was now, well, a shaggy mess. All the pink holding the tidy haircut in place have since dropped to the ground and Tessa had just made an even bigger mess out of her mane by panicking over the spiders and trying to get them out. She noticed a teary droplet had formed in the corner of her eye as she clenched them shut in anger.

"Y-you...you insolent little brat!" She suddenly spat at Karen, who had apparently since turned around and was gathering a crowd. This just tipped her off even more. Forcefully, she reached out towards Karen and grabbed their shoulders. Once they were turned around to face her again, she blushed, her entire face going red. "I-if you ever do anything like this to me again, I have you know I'll be...I'll be...I'll be reporting you to this facility's commitee. Yes. You heard me right. I am going to report you. Remember that. And you-" She turned to Alison again. "No apologies are necessary. The situation is clear. I have been disgraced by your master. As a symbol of good will, I reckon you will pick up all of my hairpins and politely leave them at my dormitory room's door in a clean envelope by tomorrow noon. I'll be off now. Excuse me."

And with that, Tessa marched towards her suitcases and proceeded to painfully slowly start pulling them towards the dormitory with her nose held high, but her hair comically in shambles. It was pretty much sticking out everywhere. Oh, and she didn't care which dorm anymore, so long as she got away from that disrespectful little brat.

...it would take a while to tug all the suitcases over there tho...

Her eyes immediately darted to the meek girl when she spoke up, staying there... something felt... odd about her. All the others here she'd seen had something about them that made her skin smolder just by looking at them... superiority, lack of mortal reckoning, facades of unsolicited charity... naivety. Yes, Naivety. At a glance, Rame had almost pegged her with it after getting off the plane... she had simply had that sheltered little lamb look about her. Yet interestingly enough, she seemed to actually have at least some true inkling of the implications of all this... fior so far she was the only one Rame had met who openly admitted the possibility of none of them being able to make it alone...

Before she could say anything though, the other Prim was grabbing the... from the voice, Rame was nearly certain it was either a girl or incredibly effete boy, but regardless, after some shouting and the most pathetic, empty excuse for a threat she'd ever heard, the green haired child was storming off.

"See?" She said to the prim still standing there "... you're perfect for it. Break down that superiority complex... do it for all of them. They'll live longer if you do, trust me..." without bothering to wait for reply she was looking at the timid one again. To hell with whatever the blonde responded with, she was done with them for now.

"...and I see you at least understand... but most of the one's I've talked to and seen so far obviously don't. Either everyone realizes their individual fallibility and swallows their damn pride, or this whole things stays a pack of wannabe Alphas all squabbling for rank..."

And like that she was gone. Walking away from them all towards the dorm in the opposite direction of the Green haired prim... she already knew one of the lodgings was filled with fools, and she wanted nothing more to do with any insufferable blueblood than was absolutely needed...though whether that was her own thoughts and desires, or simply the ones Braith was pushing on her to keep things on a leash... she didn't know. But she was fine keeping some distance regardless.

Damon

'Perhaps it would be best to wait to pick a dormitory...' Damon thought as he finised making a large circle through the three buildings. He exited the dorm and saw a fountain. 'Interesting' He thought, but before his padded boot took it's first step toward the fountain he recoiled as he saw movement. The white haired girl left the garden and went back down to the group that somehow still hasn't moved 2 feet from where the instructor left them. 'Have they no sense of curiosity?' As Damon stepped toward the fountain he saw someone else walking towards the big building that Damon assumed was the 'school'. 'The one with the strange curved sword. Don't remember his name either.'

The coast finally seemed to be clear, so Damon walked out into the open making very little sound due to his padded leather boots. There was nobody else by the fountain thankfully, the large group arguing over spiders or something was clearly visible from the fountain. Damon stepped up to the fountain and looked at his reflection, at those blue eyes that had been brown for the first 15 years of his life. It still really bothered hims, why had his eyes changed when his Lumen surfaced? Had he died in the cold out there? Why him? He would probably never know the truth. The stress would probably have been a lot worse if not for his excessive training, but his questions still troubled him deeply.

He leaned closer into the fountain, his eyes even deeper blue than the water. He shook his head. 'I need to stop thinking about it. Perhaps someone here can help me though... I am here to learn after all.' He contemplated, looking into the water. 'I wonder.' He thought, as he reached to put his hand into the pool nothing happened at first. But then bubbles started to form around his hand as the water began exaporating as he super heated his hand. Within a few seconds the water around his wrist was white with foam.

• Support Squad

That was better than expected...? "Thanks?" Cindy squeaked in response to Rames retreating figure. "well at least no one's arguing" Cindy said, partially to Karen and Alison, partially to herself and her hands. Each of them were dithering about in the air, moving over the walls and the ceiling idling absently.

Karen & Alison

“I mean, I could keep doing that, but...” Karen sustained the sound of the last word before finishing, “I have such a busy schedule and things.” Karen gave the white-haired girl another smirk as xe gave a rather false recount of xyr schedule. Xe would’ve continued, but…

"Y-you...you insolent little brat!"

Karen was grabbed by xyr shoulder, barely able to keep xyr footing. Karen, putting on a rather unemotional face, turned to look at Tessalyva’s bright red face. “Hey, you look pretty cute with that red blush.” A sarcastic tone was evident in xyr voice.

"I-if you ever do anything like this to me again, I have you know I'll be...I'll be...I'll be reporting you to this facility's commitee. Yes. You heard me right. I am going to report you. Remember that.”

And with that, the girl left, talking to Alison before she tugged her suitcases to one of the dorms.

"See? ...you're perfect for it. Break down that superiority complex... do it for all of them. They'll live longer if you do, trust me..”

“Man, mother always told me not to talk to bad influences, but I gotta say, they’re pretty fun.” Karen watched Rame walk off, never even getting her name. Probably for the best, considering what xe usually does with names. Was the first block to breaking Tessa, after all.

With xyr conversation partner gone, Karen looked to xyr butler for something to say. Alison didn’t seem one for conversation, either, sadly. Karen saw the look of dismay on his face. He was angry at Karen, that’s for sure. Still, it was in his nature to want to help.

“Man, you’re such a dull nice guy, Alison.”
“True, but may I at least have some help?”
“Alison, do you know me? I should be asleep by now.”
“Yes, you’re not wrong, but can you at least give me a few Nightmares to help?”
Karen let out a laugh as he heard such a request. Still, Karen didn’t feel like letting Alison get upset. It was a rare occurrence, but it certainly did happen. Besides, xe could tell he really wanted to help. “Here, I’m feeling nice to my servants.” With a wave of xyr hand, sigils began appearing under the individual hair pins, more spiders appearing to hold the hairpins. Karen left xyr beloved spider beside the rest of them. “Go on, go be a hero.”
“Thank you, Master Marcus.”

With that, Karen watched the little bugs scurry alongside Alison, dashing away towards Tessa. “Ms. Whipschnapps, may I help you with those bags?” Karen could hear him from here.

“Man, this place is great. Am I glad my parents sent me here, or what?” Karen wasn’t speaking to anyone, just xemself. “Guess I’d better find a place to sleep soon.” Karen walked off in the direction of a dorm, hoping to find a nice bed for xemself. Tormenting people was exhausting.

Os let out a breath. Luckily everything had mostly just turned out alright. Perhaps now it would be possible for him to take a better look around the place without any more hysteria. He figured that he should also return the flower to Tessa, but as bad as he felt about not doing it right away, he figured that she probably needed a little bit of alone time right now to calm down and compose herself.

With that he began to walk along the edge of the forest towards the large building, glancing into the woods and observing the plants there, as well as inspecting the ground for any potentially new seeds or plants that he did not know.

"I try, heh! I'm glad you liked it! You're fun to talk to." Haruki virtually shook with excitement, however, at her next words. "Ooh, you'd really take me flying? That's amazing, thank you so much!" He actually popped up off of the bed and jumped up and down a couple times in his eagerness. "Let's goooo, this is gonna be awesome!" He skittered out of the dorm at high speed, actually passing the person who was going to be flying him around.

Roy

Ughh. this is hopeless. It's like the facilitators aren't even here. Where the hell are they? Roy heavily sighed as he gives up banging on the school's door since no one is answering it. He looks around the area, hoping to find the people who run this place only to find this kid, dipping his entire arm into the fountain as steam comes out of it. What the hell? I knew there was something odd about that fountain, that lunatic girl wasn't completely insane after all. Roy assumed in his mind and decided to investigate.

"Hey you!" Roy shamelessly yells out and marches towards the well. Roy looks at the fountain only to find the water there is almost drain out, like it was boiled at a high temperature and evaporated into the air as steam came out of it. "is that steam? its like a sauna in here, Is everything alright? your wrist, it's all covered in foam and shit..you should probably get that check before your skin comes off." Roy crosses his arms and raise brow at the kid dipping his hand near the boiling fountain.

Edited by Ragnar

Hassar

A small smile spread over his face quickly, but it was gone soon enough after that most would've missed it. He had heard the screams about spiders all the way over here and he almost laughed about it. There were much more dangerous things than spiders out there, after all. Turning around to watch, he noticed one of the guys with his hand in the fountain. And it was steaming. "What are you...?"

"is that steam? its like a sauna in here, Is everything alright here? what happen to your hand? it's all red and shit, that looks painful.."

The brooding one was here too. Great. With a sigh, he looked about and waited for a response,

Damon

'This is cool, but I wonder if it has any practical uses... With enough water I might be able to generate a mist to ambush an enemy in...' Damon was thinking to himself.

"Hey you!"

Damon was startled slightly by the sudden aproach of someone. Who judging by his fur coat also hailed from the north.

"is that steam? its like a sauna in here, Is everything alright? your wrist, it's all covered in foam and shit..you should probably get that check before your skin comes off."

'Oh fantastic, this one is more inquisitive than a child.' He thought as he pulled his hand out of the fountain, which gradually stopped bubbling and was annoyed slightly by the sudden interuption of his train of thought, but he had to laugh at the question. "I'm fine, just experimenting with my lumen a bit." He said, looking from the fountain to Roy, and then back again. "Perhaps a little too much though." He thought out loud noticing that the water level dropped noticibly. Damon's hand was already dry seconds after withdrawing from the fountain, then started to cool his hand back to normal temp. "Heat doesn't hurt me like normal people."

Roy

"Oh, I see. it's just you.." Roy sighed. "I thought this was the fountain's doing. So much for that absurd theory, I supposed." Roy nonchalantly said, a bit disappointed that there's no mystery behind the well. Roy snorted and couldn't care less about what Damon can do with his lumen, but even so, he did pay attention what his fellow northerner has to say and decided to burn some time with him for a while as he waits for the School to open just a mile away from where the fountain is at.

"So let me get this straight. your lumen ables you to channel heat and at the same time, you have a high tolerance to it as well? strange lumen you got there.But I don't see if there's any use for that in the upcoming war the instructors vaguely warn us about. All i see is a human shield against explosives." Roy snorted, coming in bit rude to Damon.

Hassar

"Channeling heat. I suppose that would make sense." he thought when Damon explained his Lumen.

"But I don't see if there's any use for that in the upcoming war the instructors vaguely warn us about. All i see is a human shield against explosives."

"Wow. This guy...really doesn't know what he's talking about." Deciding to step in, he moved closer and said "You...have obviously not been in much combat before. Fire can be used for any number of things. Distraction, destruction of supplies, a weapon...torture...The list goes on. Monsters likely don't need supplies...but I've seen them. They can be distracted. And if they have any feeling at all, tortured." he said, hoping it was correct. He knew how harmful fire could be, having heard stories from the plainspeople about how small cookfires, not unlike the ones he used, could wipe out entire forests and the creatures within easily.

Roy, Damon and Hassar

Roy snorted as another kid suddenly steps into the scene. He glares at the newcomer with skepticism and suspicion. This kid seems to know about the art of warfare and what not, this guy must have witnessed the cold reality of war at a young age or just a fan of war/spy movies or something.He thought to himself

"See.. that's the thing about flames, they're unpredictable and obscure.They're both ally and your foe at the same time and I don't trust this type of combustible element.I don't need your lecture on what fire can do, as long you fire-based users don't get in my way, i might be able to tolerate you guys... Somehow" Roy bluntly said, somehow honestly expressing his dislike of this certain element, a past traumatic experience perhaps?

"So are you a fire user just like everyone else? and more importantly who the hell are you?" Roy asked the new guy, being rude as always even in asking a simple question.

Damon - Fountain

"Fire is only predictable if you are foolish enough to let it get out of control." Damon said, sparking a small controlled flame in his hand that burned blue at the core. "Like anything it is incredibly useful if you master it's techniques." He said, subconsciously pulling on his longsword's shoulder belt, which he spent countless hours training with. "And judging from that embarrassing display that was supposed to be sparing..." Damon said crossing his arms. "Controlling my fire is probably the least of our problems."

Damon was by no means a master of his art, but he has dedicated himself to countless hours of training after the death of his family. Training with fire and sword. He developed several combat techniques, some involving super heating the blade or tip of his sword. As much as Damon enjoyed training, most of his techniques were designed to be lethal, so sparing with other students would probably not be a very good idea.

Edited by M_Cowher