[IC] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

Damon

Ultimately having chose the Dorm on the far left, not really looking or caring who was inside. Damon fell into his bed and attempted to 'sleep'. Damon was the type of person that liked to sleep in his own bed, which was consequently burned down when his little town was attacked. Just when Damon started to feel comfortable as Royland's apprentice in the north he had to leave again and come here. Damon hasn't had a proper night's rest for a long time now, six hours was all he could usually get, then he slept like a cat, waking at every slight sound.

Damon's eyes opened when he heard the sounds of someone else stirring in the room. It took Damon a moment to actually remember where he was, then he snapped awake and got up. 'I suppose I can ditch the unnesecary wool, not that I ever needed it anyway.' He kept the navy blue undershirt and put on his furless black vest that had a yet again furless hood. It originally had Fur, but Damon was annoyed with it when he used it previously when it got in the way of his sight and cut if off. He reapplied his hand wrap on his left hand that hid the scar where his palm had nearly been impaled by the raiders on that fateful night. Lastly he put his longsword on his back, he never went anywhere without it anymore.

When Damon entered the auditorium there were already a few people there, including Hassar. Which Damon noted chose to forgo a seat and instead kept his back to the wall, where nobody could approach him from behind. Damon stood a few feet from Hassar without saying a word.

Edited by M_Cowher

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karen & Alison

Karen wasn’t sure what happened after xe fell asleep. Xe had just woken up, but it felt like xe wasn’t on xyr bed. And also moving. “Huh, I usually find dreams a lot brighter than this.” It took xem awhile to realize xyr eyes were still closed.

“Ah, good morning, Master Marcus.” Alison greeted his awakened master with a smile. He was holding up Karen, his posture still as straight as can be.
“Dang it, Alison. I was hoping to get a nice rest and wake up at noon. Why am I not in the comfort of my bed?”
“You were called to an assembly at the auditorium.” A little spider appeared on Alison’s head, holding up the carved piece of wood that invited them. “I thought it best to not wake you up, so I decided carrying you was the best course of action.”
“You mean you knew I’d ask you to if you woke me up normally?”
“Pretty much.”
“That’s a good butler.”

Alison pushed the auditorium doors open with his shoulder, immediately looking for a suitable set of chairs for the both of them. He took a seat near the back, knowing that Karen would probably end up falling asleep on xyr own. Wouldn’t want xem to get caught, right?

Roy

"Oh fuck me, this better be good." Roy muttered, annoyed by the sight of people talking and scattered all around the place, as if he woke up at the wrong side of the bed and was deeply annoyed by the very start of his 2nd day here in this campus . The grumpy swordsman clench his bandaged-up fist and stares at the people he knows by their face. Like the anti-social guy that he is, he didn't even bother to say a simple good morning to them or even acknowledges their very existence for that matter and walks somewhere that no one would bother him.

"Fuck it, lets get this over with" Roy sighed and takes a sit in his chair like a boss, all cross legs and arms as he wait for this whole thing to get started.

Sylva

The clock struck 10:30. Sylva cleared her throat. All had arrived. As if on queue, the wind picked up. The frills of her dress ruffled, her hair the colour of howlite. A single falcon rode the winds, remarkably ordinary, save for it's red plume. It landed delicately on her outstretched hand. It pecked at her affectionately, and Sylva's cold stare melted into a smile. She ran a single finger over its feathers, and then swung her hand out, the falcon taking flight into the air. It glowed radiant emerald, far too bright to look at; and landed delicately onto the stage. It had became a man; of average height, and short hair the colour of crimson. He was well built, skin tanned. Narrowed eyes looked out onto the seats, before relaxing considerably. He stepped back, behind Sylva, content to let her explain.

But before she could, the curtain was pulled back. Another man stepped forwards; but this time, Sylva's mouth did not change into a smile. Instead, her pale blue eyes watched as he stepped forwards. In truth, the man seemed more like a boy. A slim yet toned frame with pale skin, it was as if he was sick. Locus stood by his side, as though afraid he'd fall. Yet his wavy black hair fell and framed his face, and pupils black seemed to possess unchallenged power. His gaze was that of a royal king observing his suspects, and his suit of dark blue and black was immaculate.

"Undoubtedly, you all are wondering what is going on." Sylva stated, her voice projected effortlessly. "I have recruited the help of two Coerators, loyal to our cause. They will be on the premises for the duration of your time here. They will help you train, answer questions, and watch over you. Allow them to introduce themselves." With that, she stepped back. Marius stepped forward, for now it was impossible to doubt it was him.

"My name is Marius. I hope to be of service to you." He said, voice curt. And then Aqui stepped forward, gesturing out to the group in front of him.

"And I am Aqui. I'll skip the formalities for now. Come see me anytime." Sylva then stepped up again, and nodded.

"Now, for the more pressing matter at hand. You all are going to be sorted into teams based on how you do today. As for what you're going to do today... well, you'll see soon." With that cryptic hint, she smirked. "At twelve o'clock, meet back here. Until then, feel free to converse among yourselves. Or indeed, with the Coerators." She stepped back, behind the curtain - which masked a small room, with a stairway leading up to her personal room. Convincing Marius and Aqui to come had taken a lot out of her; and now she needed some rest.

((If you didn't get a post up in time before this, no worries! Feel free to slot your character in, there all along; or, if you'd prefer, be late in character if you think it's more fitting.))

Edited by Anethia

• Support Squad

Cindy sat up so quickly one might have heard her spine pop in protest. Her hands whirled up, spiralling into the sky and fanning each other as though in shock and awe. Cindy tried to squeal but had forgotten to actually open her lips, resulting in a muffled squeal and cheeks puffing up, framing wide eyes that made her seem very much like a gagged squirrel.

"Ohmigoshohmigoshohmigosh" She blurted. "Coerators?! Ohmigosh I can't believe it aaaaaaah" Poor Cindy then remembered that she was actually speaking, went deathly pale in horror and then very light pink as an embarrased blush fought its way onto her face.

"C-can you sp-speak to other animals of your species?" Wait, what? Why did she ask that no what stop. Sure, she'd always wondered but why was that the first thing she asked? Lords above she could feel the blush burning on her cheeks.

"...they... they're actually"

"Well... this is... unexpected..."

Rame stayed where she was as the announcement, brief as it was compared to the wait, came to a close. There he was... the very being she'd spent the better part of her childhood hearing so much about. The being who had single handedly held back a storm of extinction level proportions, with nothing more than flapping wings and the unbridled conjuring of winds...

The same storm she'd always been accused of being the one to someday bring back. Whatever excitement she might've felt at the prospect of meeting the one who was quite literally revered as the saviour of her land quickly took a backseat to one question and one alone as she stood. She'd never expected to get an opportunity like this. She wasn't going to waste it either, fangirling like the meek one over there.

"...excuse me..." She paused, just in front of the platform, not really sure how to address the being before her. Braith interjected soon enough though- they'd never bothered to show much regard for titles before, no point bending over backwards trying to find the right one now. All she had to do was put some actual respect into her voice, as rare as they did that... "Aqui... there's something I've... always been wondering about the north. what caused the great blizzard that you stopped? Where did it come from?"

Aqui

Glancing down at Cindy, he smiled. "Yes. We can. In fact, it's easier for us than understanding you strange humans." He added, a playful smirk on his face. And then Rame was in front of him; yes, the girl. His eyes hardened for a second upon seeing her, but it relaxed soon. He was certainly wary of her rage. It was dangerous if he wasn't expecting it.

Aqui hummed; considering it for a second. "Tell me, child." He said, yet his tone showed respect and understanding. "What do you know of the first war? More specifically, of Maia the Rabbit?"

Edited by Anethia

• Support Squad

Cindy wanted to ask more but the smirk just made her feel more embarrassed and, well, Rame was speaking. She still terrified Cindy. Better to wait her turn... Cindy's hands though were still spinning in the rafters of the auditorium.

Roy

Roy raised a brow as he felt a draft. He then looks at his katana to check whether he's prematurely using his lumen yet again. "Huh? Wait.. that's not me.." He then quickly turns his attention to the stage and watched a falcon suddenly soar above it and turn into a man like he just witness Darwin's evolution theory on roids right in front of his very eyes. Well, there's something you don't see every. The boy snorted acting like he wasn't impressed by Aqui's fancy entrance and transformation.

He wasn't gonna react until Rame brought up his region and the shit it has been through. Roy clenches his injured fist despite the pain from the sword fight from yesterday as he can't stand any of it longer.

"Screw you and your self-indulge vagueness. you know most of us weren't born at that time yet, so let's hear it, Savior. what the fuck is a Maia and what really happen during that time!?" Roy bluntly outbursted and stands up, shooting straight to Aqui, defiant like the piercing wind to the embodiment of the wind itself.

"well... she was almost murdered by the insurgents during their initial uprising," the girl answered. The story came to her mind easily, only one of the many tales she'd memorized "after that, it was more or less all downhill as more people defected to them and further split the world into opposing sides-"

"Screw you and your self-indulge vagueness. you know most of us weren't born at that time yet, so let's hear it, Savior. what the fuck is a Maia and what really happen during that time!?"

"..." She didn't have to turn around to know who the fucking idiot who just shouted was. The edgelord from yesterday, not a doubt in her mind. She knew from her own encounter that the Wandrought was easily the most impudent peice of shit she'd ever met, but... to so blatantly disrespect the equivalent of the god for an entire's continent people; his own fucking continents people...

"You're... not that bright, are you?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder as a single eye burned directly into the boy, the glint of her crimson so intense it could've bored a hole in his soul. Braith was the only thing keeping her body temperature in check... and her tongue civil. And it was honestly like holding back a floodgate... all things the girl wanted to say and do to the fuckwit windcaller for what he'd just done, trying to break free in a torrent, but the flame's influence wouldn't be overpowered so easily. The gates held, the tide forced back out to sea... "why don't you show some respect for once, Sorner? You may think you can speak like that to someone like me, but if you're really crazy enough to dare do it to the one who saved your ancestors' worthless lives along with everyone else's..."

Baixue

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!" Baixue quickly rushed into the room as her words of self-admonishment and haste echoed away from the room. She entered neatly dressed, albeit in a hurry, noticing that everyone was already there, as she readied herself to apologize for her lateness -- the first sight she had to see again, however, was, unfortunately, another squabble between those two verbally vulgar and violent kids. They have had a habit of ruining her mood for her every time they made their presence clear to Baixue, as she sighed at the scene yet again.

Those two were only going to be more and more problematic, weren't they?

With the atmosphere giving her a bad start like the day before, her heavy disinclination mean that she remained silent as she arrive, before she opted for a seat a certain distance away from the two arguing children and solemnly waited -- until she noticed Haruki, rather excited, and in wait as well. As the first friend she made in her journey here, he was the most comfortable, if not the only person she was willing to talk to as of the moment -- having shared a rather enjoyable night of granting him the joys of flight, she smiled upon noticing his presence as she went closer to deliver a slight tap on his shoulder.

"Hello, Haruki," She whispered, so as to not interrupt the discussion that currently ensued. "I'm sorry I came late. So, what's going on? Why are those two idiots babbling with the new person? What are they talking about?"

Edited by Noir

Hassar

Not entirely surprised by the presence of the correrators - they had given them their lumen for this purpose, after all - he looked to Damon and muttered. "Based on how we do today? Isn't that what she said yesterday...?" before being cut off by Roys yelling. "...He really needs to learn that being angry all the time isn't going to get him answers from anyone."

Damon

"Based on how we do today? Isn't that what she said yesterday...?" before being cut off by Roys yelling. "...He really needs to learn that being angry all the time isn't going to get him answers from anyone."

"They say a smart man learns from his mistakes, but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others... I don't think Roy is a smart man." Damon said, smikring a bit as he watched the white haired fire girl going at it with the edgy windbag. "Aqui is the falcon who saved the north from a massive Blizzard. I read about him a long time ago in a book I bought." Damon said, shifting his gaze to Aqui. 'I pictured him quite differently when I was a kid. I guess you picture everything differently before you see the real world though.'

The tale of Aqui saving the entire continent of Aquilo, which recevied it's name for obvious reasons had deeply interested Damon as a child. He had to wonder how it was possible for someone to posses that much power. As a kid, he would have probably ran up and played 20 questions with the Coerator, and probably quickly annoyed him as well. But Damon was a very different person from when he was a child. 'Come to think of it Aqui probably granted Roy his powers because they're so similar. Assuming that is how they work. There is still so much that I don't know about Lumen. I probably don't know more than I know about the basics. It must be interesting for them to see people that they may have granted power to so long ago. It probably wasn't that long for them though, only a blink of an eye...'

Karen & Alison

“Well, this got interesting.” Karen pointed out the obvious as xe engrossed xemself in watching the chaos ensue. Karen put xyr elbow onto the armrest, fixated on watching whatever chaos ensue.

“Master Marcus, don’t you think we should maybe ask Marius or Aqui some questions? I’d imagine this is as great a time as any to do so.” Alison looked at Karen, the child revelling in watching violence ensue.

“Nah, I’m more interested in seeing some Lumen fly.” Karen looked over xyr head, looking towards at Alison

with an excited smile. “You can go ask them, if ya want. Not exactly anything I really care to ask them about.”

Alison wordlessly got out of his seat, making his way closer towards the stage. He felt a knot in his stomach as he approached Marius himself, the rather thin man having such a terrifying effect on the butler.

“Um, excuse me, Sir Marius.” Alison gave a bow to the Coerator, trying to hide his worry over whether or not he referred to him correctly. “I must say it is an honor to meet you. My name is Alison Marcus.”

“Um, I’ve heard your powers over Lumen are some of the strongest out there. I’m quite interested to know what it’s like.” Alison’s eyes shifted in all directions, refusing to look Marius in the eye. “Would you mind giving a demonstration? But if you would rather not, I understand.”

"Um, the edgy wind sword guy asked Aqui a stupid question and the boring fire girl called him out of it. It's actually kind of funny but I want to talk to Aqui too; I could ask him so many questions! Like if he's seen Nahta the Fox lately, I always kind of wondered where she went. I'm just hoping that fire girl doesn't try to set anything on fire because then she might die." Haruki could be. . . quite blunt, at times. He didn't seem to notice it himself, nattering on like he always did. "I'll try to be nice and wait until he answers the other questions though because talking over people is boring and never gets anything done anyway, like these kids I had in my class this one time. . ." Somewhat ironically, he continued down a vague, rather disconnected tale that started with said classmates, meandered past an inattentive teacher and one time a hall monitor broke their nose falling over, and slid around the topic of his home life briefly before veering off on another tangent. It didn't appear that he actually expected anyone to listen to him . . .

Baixue

Did she just hear Haruki wrongly? And on the first sentence, no less?

"Wait...." Her body tensed as her eyes widened, her gaze fixated on the man who was, regrettably and annoyingly, interacting with the very bunch of people she didn't want to interact with. "What do you mean, Aqui? Are you telling me that that's Aqui? B-But I thought-"

She could feel the of rush of tears well upon her amethyst eyes the revelation scrambled to settle within her. She wanted to run up and talk, and ask, and hug the very being who had sheltered her dreams and aspirations for so many years. The fervent desire only grew stronger and stronger, and suddenly, the distaste of the people talking to him were no longer an impediment for Baixue -- she would glad run up and topple them over just to meet him. Part of her tried to resist that shock, but her excitement and resolve sparred against it, causing her limbs to quiver....

Could this be actually it? If Haruki's words were true, had she at last finally found the very being she ever so worshiped throughout her years, the being who saved the entire continent of Aquillo, the being who gave Baixue her wings?

Aqui

The Coerator nodded at Rame's explanation. He seemed tuned out to anything else that was going on; eyes focused sharply on Rame. Yes, even when Roy yelled at him, his face made no change and he simply smiled at the girl in front of him.

"You're correct." He stated, as if it was only them in the room. "Upon the first uprising, Maia took to the fight. It's worth understanding that Maia is one of our strongest. When she was brought to near death, the world suffered greatly. It's only now stabilizing. One such consequence of Maia's defeat was storms. The waters were treacherous, the earth uneasy, and the wind refused to be tamed. It climaxed in a blizzard near what was at the time known as Boreas. It was violent, and would almost assuredly distinguish any last trace of life from the unforgiving continent. And you know the rest, no?" He finished with a slight chuckle, before eventually turning his head to look at Roy. "Well, what's wrong, my friend?" He asked; the warmth in his eyes still there.

Marius

Now, if there was one thing Marius didn't mind doing, it was showing off. Smirking, he stretched his hand out, fingers held apart. A stream of water soared through the door from the fountain, and gathered in a sphere at his palm. He turned his hand around, palm facing upwards. The ball of varying shades of blue began to spin, the light hitting it and shining. Sending it up into the air by punching upwards at the sky, he watched as it shattered into droplets of water, a mimicry of rain. But before even the smallest drop was close to touching anyone, he smirked, and swiped up with his hand. The water stopped. His hand formed a knuckle, and his eyes flashed a brilliant blue impossible to ignore. Every shard turned to ice, and with a single motion with his outstretched hand, came to swarm around him. He formed water again, and this time, kept it as a stream. He ran it around his body, as if it was a ribbon.

"It's a lot more impressive in battle." He added with a wink. At that, the water began spinning around him, at a speed akin to the rushing, violent waters of the sea. A dark grin spread across his face, as though at any moment he would strike. But at what was most certainly the last second, it stopped; and instead with a swipe of his palm, he sent it back to the fountain, and gave only a mock bow. "Perhaps if you're lucky you'll fight alongside me one day."

Edited by Anethia

"I... see then..." she managed, slowly turning her attention back to the Coerator. So that was it. It was all just consequences of the mess the great war started, had far more to the do with the sins of the southerners than anything any northern child of ashen complexion had ever done. She didn't know whether or not she should've taken solace in the newfound knowledge... on the one hand, she'd never truly believed their accusations that it would be an Albino child who'd somehow triggered the storm or would someday bring it back. On the other... if she had, this would've been all the invalidation of her countrymen's fear and prejudice she could've ever hoped for.

And yet, somehow, knowing with absolute certainty now that the storm had indeed had nothing to do with those of her kind...if anything, it only made the memories burning in her heart all the more bitter in their venom. If she had ever feared herself a monster... the revelation would've been great. But all it could do for her now was confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that each and every last act of abuse she'd suffered as a child, was indeed completely unfounded and pointless in the motives behind them. She'd been put through hell and back time and time again... for literally... fucking... nothing.

"Thank you...I...appreciate finally having an answer." with that said, or more muttered really, she turned and took her leave from the stage, gaze again fixed on the halfwit Windcaller as she passed. The fool was damn lucky the Coerator hadn't seen fit to make him pay for his fucking disrespect. Regardless though, one thing was absolutely certain to her; Roy had just fallen to an entirely new low in her mind. The fuck boy was impudent, arrogant, made threats he could not possible fullfill... overall deluded himself as being something greater than he truly was or ever could be... and he held nothing sacred, not even the very entity who, without the intervention of long ago, neither him nor her, nor any of the other northerners here, would've been fucking born to begin with. They and all their ancestors since then quite literally owed their existence to the Falcon...and roy had addressed the bird as if he were nothing more than the same indignant scum he himself was.

She didn't do or say anything further to him though. Braith would not allow it. All she could do was fix him with the menacing light of her ire, rather than that of the hellfire she wielded. Besides, they had over an hour before they were required back. There was something he wanted to show her...

• Support Squad

Cindy clapped in delight at Marius' show. With every pair of her hands she ended up being a small chunk of applause by herself in the crowd. "That's fantastic!" She said. Cindy felt like a little kid watching the little show. Well, she was still a kid but, a littler one. "You're as skilled as the stories say!"

Tessa

To say that Tessalyva had been taken aback by the sudden appearance of the two Coerators would be an understatement. Her surprise bordered shock and her eyes widened in response to the demonstrations they presented upon them. Words got stuck in her throat. This was unexpected. This was...this was amazing. Well, kind of. More amazing was the fact they were to stay here and help train them. Of course, Tessa already had mastered her Lumen and would have surely mastered anything this little army course had to offer even without their help, but it couldn't hurt to have a couple of the most powerful beings in the world here with them.

She cleared her throat and stood up from her seat, hands still firmly gathered in her lap. "Ahem. Excuse me." She shily glanced up at the Orca. The display they'd put up had almost had her topple over her chair when the icicles formed and take cover under her hands when it seemed like they were going to have another cold morning shower. Their presence triggered some response in her and she stuttered, suddenly at a loss. Not that she thought either of them were the one to give her powers, as she had her own theories. It was hard to explain. They were incredibly imposing so she glanced away at the Falcon, but it didn't do much help. Tessa had to settle with closing her eyes instead. It still took her a few moments to gather her composure, though. "I-I...ahem, I am sure I speak for all of us when I say that it would be a great honor, working with legends such as yourselves, Coerators." The girl finished by giving a light bow.

Roy

"Hmmpff.. amusing." Roy can't help but to rolls his eyes and crossed his arms as Rame lecture him about respect, like he was supposed to owe some form of debt to this Demi-God or something. He shamelessly yawned and covers his mouth and let the white haired girl finish on her own take on gratitude. Clearly, the wind-wielding swordsman shut down the number of fucks to give a long time ago to other people. bitch please, i know our region's history like it was repeatedly bashed into my brain with a baseball bat, as if the people there won't stop worshiping the great Aqui there, The great falcon that shielded their ancestors from the storm. Pfftt.. those pathetic sheep. they are coming a bit too dependent on this bird like savior until this very day. Roy sighed.

"You're correct. Upon the first uprising, Maia took to the fight. It's worth understanding that Maia is one of our strongest. When she was brought to near death, the world suffered greatly. It's only now stabilizing. One such consequence of Maia's defeat was storms. The waters were treacherous, the earth uneasy, and the wind refused to be tamed. It climaxed in a blizzard near what was at the time known as Boreas. It was violent, and would almost assuredly distinguish any last trace of life from the unforgiving continent. And you know the rest, no?"

After hearing Aqui's explanation. He slowly clears his thoughts and sighed, remembering his father and brothers would probably tell him the same thing Rame said if they were here and probably get a hell of a beating for using such language and sounding like an ingrate in front of Aqui. But even that, Roy isn't gonna change his ways, The boy isn't that good in expressing his gratitude and being polite isn't his strong suite. He is stubborn and defiant and is clearly undisciplined.He sighed and compose himself as he was asked by Aqui, while gazing into his calm eyes, like it somehow relaxes Roy, in a way he can't explain.

"Well, what's wrong, my friend?"

'Friend' well there's a term Roy hasn't heard for a long time, The boy paused for a while before speaking again.

"Nothing's wrong and why should you care? I got my answer and learn something about my hometown, that's all that matters," Roy said, sounding like he was limiting his thoughts and dodging the question.

"Well whatever, I'm done asking question. call me if I'm up for this so-called team tryouts of yours starts." Roy takes a seat, crossing his arms and not taking his eyes off at Aqui, clearly, The boy has many questions in his mind seeing they do have similar lumen traits. but even so, Roy chooses to passes this opportunity in asking about his lumen and stuff.

Alison & Karen

Alison jumped backwards when he saw the stream of water come from the fountain. When the liquid began swirling into a sphere in Marius’s hand, he looked at the ball with wonder as he watched it rise to the ceiling and fall back towards Marius, later returning to the fountain.

“That was amazing, Sir Marius.” Alison tried his best not to burst into excited cheering, not wanting to embarrass himself in front of the Coerators.

Cindy’s already doing a good enough job making a fool of herself, anyway.” Alison could still hear his master’s thoughts in his mind. Though, he didn’t really need xyr confirmation to know what xe was thinking at this point.

"Perhaps if you're lucky you'll fight alongside me one day."

“Oh, no, I can barely fight or use Lumen.” While somewhat of an understatement of what he could do, Alison was much better as a servant than a fighter. “If anything, I’m sure Master Marcus would enjoy having you as an ally in battle.” Though, Alison seriously doubted Karen would care if such an astounding figure was fighting with xem on the battlefield.

Hey, I’m all up for people doing my work for me. He can fight on my side any day.” Karen was shooting a rather annoying smirk in xyr butler's direction. Alison tried his best not to send a scowl back at xem. Wouldn't exactly paint a nice picture of him for the Coerators.

According to the block of wood they had received, 10:30 was the appointed time. Well, he was ten minutes late. Despite receiving the summons to the assembly hall ahead of time, his morning meditation had caused him to lose track of time. Nevertheless, Felis had no sense of urgency, as he was already running late. What's a few more minutes? Looking around for the appointed meeting place, he suddenly stopped in place. Water began to rise from the fountain, and into a building. Undoubtedly it was the work of someone's Lumen, but he wasn't aware of anyone in their camp being able to manipulate water. Perhaps one of them was holding back the entire time? The flow of water soon changed it's course backwards, flowing back into the fountain. There were no disturbances in the water levels after it settled. Whatever happened, it was coming from one specific building.

As Felis approached closer, there were several presences of note. Three of whom, he recognized as his instructors. They were on a class of their own, having mastered their Lumen already. There were two others whom he couldn't seem to recognize, and seemed to exceed even their instructors. Why would there be stronger presences, when their instructors were the ones overseeing them? Alarmingly, he suddenly detected Rame's presence, as the bloodlust emitting from the building was unmistakably hers. Was she going to lose her temper? Wasting no time, Felis rushed around the side of the building, where the bloodlust was coming from, and began to channel his Lumen. With a mighty swing of his greatsword, he cleaved an opening in the side of the building, before using his body to burst through the wall with sheer willpower.

"Halt."

She sensed the approaching rise of energy just as his words filled her mind. It felt... familiar... like during the southern boy's boasting yesterday... right on the other side of... shit.

The sudden explosion of dust and debris right in front of her was still enough to make jump back a few paces though, even with advanced warning, a few startled expletives flying from her that were easily drowned out by the down of ruined mortar and stone, and this time it was all braith could do to stop what few embers had already been conjured on sheer reflex from igniting into a full force conflagration. Soon enough though, the dust finally began to clear... and there standing before the hole was all the confirmation she needed of who'd been responsible.

"What.... the hell... ARE YOU DOING!?" she almost immediately hollered, still catching the breath from her moment of shock with a hand clutching her chest... and doing a rather poor job at it as she glared at Felis "the doors were RIGHT... FUCKING THERE, you idiot...gods, there's gonna be so much shit over this...why the fuck...was any of this bravado...necessary?"

In and out... in and out. Slowly but surely, her breathing began to calm, the flame's influence in her lungs with every expansion and contraction. her pulse was already beginning to steady... but none of it could mitigate her agitation at the stunt that had nearly fulfilled the very same roundabout death sentence her father had been hoping for.

As soon as the dust settled, Felis could feel all eyes being focused on him. From the looks of it, everyone had assembled in the auditorium already. His eyes scanned the room, locating the two strange presences he had felt earlier. He stood impassively, staring straight at the two on the stage. At first glance, they looked to be normal people. One of them even looked to be their age. But it was clear to see that they held a different air about them. While he sensed no sense of hostilities coming from them, that was no reason for him to drop his guard. Meanwhile, there was a ball of hostilities right in front of him, finally drawing his attention to Rame.

"The door was... too far away. This was... closer. I had... a feeling you were... angry, and got... worried," Felis said in a neutral tone. He clearly seemed uninterested in the attention he was drawing. "It seems I was... right. You are... angry."

Edited by Stalkerkain