[IC] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

Tessa

"Oh you most certainly can!" While it wasn't an easy task admitting defeat...Tessa had no choice anymore. She was so distraught and out of herself after this little spider event that she just couldn't find the strenght to pull on her luggage anymore. And Alison's assistance was more than welcome, even more so as a method of repaying his master's insolence. Tessa crossed her arms as she waited for Alison. She hadn't noticed the spiders yet. "Follow after me. I'll be examining each of the dorms to determine which one I want to use as my temporary settlement. You're to carry my luggage exactly 3 and a half steps behind me. Understood?"

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alison

“‘3 and a half steps’?” Alison made sure to say it quietly. He didn’t want Tessa to think he was complaining. Harming her anymore would just be rude.

“Oh, y- yes, of course. I’ll do my best to offer my services.” Alison grabbed all of Tessa’s luggage, following close behind her just as she asked. Alison hoped Tessa wouldn’t notice he might’ve been walking 3 and a quarter steps behind her.

Even with the weight of the bags, Alison knew he couldn’t exactly summon more of Karen’s Nightmares to help him. Though, a human certainly puts people at better ease than a golem bellhop. The spiders were enough for him, even if those pins were probably heavy. “Those poor creatures,” Alison thought.

Don’t worry, they enjoy it!” Karen would probably say.
Just because it’s your dream doesn’t make it theirs,” Alison would respond.
I mean, in my dream, working for me is like working for a queen.
It’s certainly not the most pleasant job for me.
Oh c’mon, you love worki-

Alison was brought back to the world of the living by the feeling of a spider clinging to his head. Alison nearly dropped the bags before looking up to see the familiar spider on his head. “Oh, it’s just you, Eric.” Alison gave the spider a smile as he saw him wave on of his eight arms at him. Alison gave a glance over his shoulder to see the small army of spiders behind him holding the hairpins. "Maybe you all do enjoy working for Master Marcus."

Baixue

The Aquillo-native chuckled again, gesturing for Haruki to slow down. "There's no rush, little one. Let's first find a safe spot outside. Remember that we have rules to adhere to, after all."

After searching for a few moments, Baixue, with Haruki's company, managed to find an open, spacious section outside the dorms. It was a suitable spot for Baixue to initiate her flight. Baixue grinned as the tips of the smile reached her cheeks, before asking: "So, what'll it be, Haruki? Do you want a challenge by attempting higher altitudes immediately, or you would prefer that I go low first? The kids in my tribe back there usually aren't scared of heights, but....." She pointed to a relatively tall tree within the surrounding vicinity, "It's going to be at least one and a half times the height of that tree. You up for it?"

Damon, Roy, Hassar

"A fire user...me? Do I look like someone who enjoys the flames? No. My lumen is concentrated in more...natural...areas." Hassar said, while simultaneously making the grass beneath his feet grow. Looking at the forest, he continued. "You'll probably accuse that of being useless too, but I don't exactly have any good things to use seeing as we're....forbidden...from going in there."

Roy, Damon and Hassar

"Eh, fine. whatever just keep your lumen to yourself, not all of us are heat proof ya know." Roy sighed, with an annoyed look on his face, still unconvinced on the idea of controlling this volatile element. Great another fire user, Well, at least this guy showing some restraint in displaying his lumen and understands the danger within this combustible element, unlike some deranged pyromancer I know. Roy thought to himself.

"A fire user...me? Do I look like someone who enjoys the flames? No. My lumen is concentrated in more...natural...areas.You'll probably accuse that of being useless too, but I don't exactly have any good things to use seeing as we're....forbidden...from going in there."

Well, there's something you don't see every day. Roy's eyes slightly widen as he turns his attention to the other kid, a bit surprise as he notices the blade of grass exponentially grows beneath Hassan's feet. "Oh, so that's what you can do. A plant-based lumen, huh? Well, I can't say I'm totally impressed by your display, and quite frankly I think it's pathetic." Roy bluntly said and crosses his arms.

"But humor me, kid. So you're saying you can do better than that if you were in that restricted forest and have the proper 'plants' rather than this stale grass?" Roy asked, raising a brow at the plant-based lumen guy.

Edited by Ragnar

By my calculations...

in one dorm is Can, Aria, and Roy

In another, Haruki and Baixui have established themselves

in the last, only Felis has established residence yet

IDK which one Tessa is about to enter now... but that's the current roster cabin-wise

Just encase anyone lost track. You're welcome.

Rame

The door opened with a silent click. There was already one occupying one of the bunks within the space, a tall and brawny boy with a greatsword of all things leaned against the side of the bed. Rame almost found herself impressed, honestly; a boy who from the tone of his skin was obviously from the south, wielding a blade fit for a Northsman.... it took some balls, it did. She didn't say a word to him though, just walked to the opposite side of the room and took the lower bunk furthest from his before sitting her bag and instrument down.

He was quiet... she didn't even know if he had noticed her come in. Good, so long as he stayed that way, so would she, and there wouldn't be any shit to start...

"Fucking edgelord and his poultry wind..."

She removed the Fecnial on her back as she pondered the other northern child, laid it flat in her lap. She hadn't used the thing since she'd left home, come to think of it... during the boat ride she'd been bound and gagged and all her possessions stored with the captain, and even after they finally hit the port and she was loaded onto the plane and finally released, there hadn't been any real reason to draw it in anger...

until wind boy...not that Braith had let her tear him a new one. Next time though... but for now, the survival tool was still in pristine condition, more or less. It was almost disappointing, would be a waste to clean it now, even if it would occupy her. With a sigh she picked the thing up and in a single deft motion spun it's head towards the earth and drove it clean into the floorboards like a miniature spear and let it stick there with a short hum of vibration as she began to rummage through her bag...

Felis was enjoying the bed immensely, as he couldn't remember the last time he slept in one. After spending so much time outside of civilization, common utility objects seemed like luxuries to him. To him, it felt like bliss. Felis cracked open an eye and lazily watched the door, as he could hear footsteps approaching. It would appear that he would be meeting his new dorm mates quite soon. Just as the door opened, a white-haired girl walked through the door. Correction, the white-haired girl. Color drained from his face, as it took all his willpower not to bolt upright. He remained completely still, with all his senses alert for any sudden movement on her part.

"Of all dorms, she picked this one," Felis thought to himself. His initial plan was to avoid running into Rame if possible, but that was short-lived. Considering how late she arrived, the others must have already claimed their dorms, so just getting up and leaving wasn't an option. Not to mention how rude that would be. But this was an opportunity as well. Because he found it difficult to talk with many people around, he could take this time to at least get acquainted with the girl. And to find out if he would have to sleep with an eye open each night. "Also are the dorms co-ed? Is this how things normally work?"

Felis got up off his bed, and slowly made his way over to Rame, making sure not to make any sudden movements, or to sneak up on her. Just as he was halfway towards Rame's bunk, Felis froze in place, as she immediately impaled her weapon into the floor. Was that a warning to him not to come any closer? Felis shook his head. He was overthinking it. Rame wasn't even facing him, so maybe she hadn't acknowledged his presence yet. He slouched a little, to make himself appear a little shorter than he was, as he found that some people found him intimidating. When Felis was a respectable distance from her, he gave a polite cough to draw her attention.

"Ooooh, let's go high! I'm not scared of heights at all, I used to climb stuff all the time! Until my leg got hurt, that was boring." Despite the mention of the injury, it didn't seem to slow Haruki down in the slightest as he just sort of bounded about with no clear goal in mind. "Did you ever get hurt? I bet it was super boring too, just like math homework. Ugh, math homework is terrible, I mean, I'm good at it, but it's terrible, it never matters to anything in real life, does it? Unless you're designing stuff I guess but they never tell you what it's for!"

She was examining a small carved container when Felis approached. Almost immediately, her eyes darted to his position... passed up and down him a few times, finally lost any real interest and went back to the container. The thing was open, about the diameter of her palm and a few inches in depth, a small sea of powder darker than night housed within. She scowled at the thing before redoing the cap and tossing it back into the back

"When the hell did they expect me to even use this?" she muttered beneath her breath "Gods... I appreciate the thought, but I don't need black powder...Braith's already more than enough..."

It was only then that the boy coughed, rather expectantly... she again turned to him, eyes still disinterested. He really wasn't all he'd seen at a glance, with those shoulders slouched like that... hell should could tell just by looking at him, there was something about her that put him off... why else would he stand that far from her when trying to make an obvious address?

"If you're going to say something, just spit it out already."

Felis opened his mouth to say something, but the words got caught in his throat. This was more difficult that he would have imagined, especially with how abrasive Rame was. What was he going to say in the first place? "Hey, you almost tried to kill somebody, but let's be friends!" -like that was ever going to work. The fact that he had paused, extended the silence even further, making it even more awkward for him to say anything. Finally, he cleared his throat once more, and approached closer with his hand extended for a handshake.

"Felis Argontyle," he said, in a low, rumbling voice. The lack of emotion in his voice made it difficult to discern whether he was being condescending, uninterested, or if that was just his tone of voice by default. He intently stared Rame in the eye with an unfaltering gaze, trying to read the expression on her face with no success. Even as a child, he was always bad at reading people and situations, often finding himself wanting to pummel his problems instead. Because of that, interpersonal relations were a struggle. "Are you always angry... by default?" he said with no tact. The words came out slowly and deliberately, as if he were unused to speaking.

Damon, Roy, Hassar

"But humor me, kid. So you're saying you can do better than that if you were in that restricted forest and have the proper 'plants' rather than this stale grass?"

"...I assumed that would've been obvious..." thought Hassar. "Clearly. There's more things for me to work with there. Trees to knock over, poisons to extract, natural snares to set..." he paused for a moment. "Among other things. Now what exactly can you do that makes you think you're better?"

"Are you always angry... by default?"

Rame didn't know why she had let herself think maybe for once someone would actually show some respect, or in general just, you know, calm the fuck down and not immediately talk down or go for some type of jab. Honestly, there was no damn sense hoping for it when everyone else she'd ever met had done the same damn thing in one way or another. Throw stones at the little albino girl, spit on her, call her an omen, a walking disaster...at home or in the fucking port, it didn't matter, she still had no place anywhere, no right to even stand. To them all except Brandt and Ingram, and later on Braith, she had just been a monster with no name.

"Only when I have a reason, bub..." She answered curtly, letting the hand she'd been about to shake with fall back to her side "and like it or not, I almost always have a reason... you would too, if you'd been fucking born looking like this in the north..."

Roy, Hassar and Damon

"...I assumed that would've been obvious..." thought Hassar. "Clearly. There's more things for me to work with there. Trees to knock over, poisons to extract, natural snares to set..." he paused for a moment. "Among other things. Now what exactly can you do that makes you think you're better?"

"Hmpff.. Makes sense since you rely on the very essence of nature itself, you need to handpick situational plants that will aid you in a certain predicament your in and a simple blade of grass just won't cut it." Roy crossed his arms and step back, distancing himself from The plant and fire guy. "As for my lumen, well, it can come from everywhere as long as there's a good amount of air flowing into the area." he said. "With the use of my blade, I can harness and control the airflow within the vicinity and bend it to my own will and generate something like this.." Roy said as he withdrew his katana and lazily positioning it on his side.

He sighed and begins to twirl his wrist and slowly calls forth a breeze around his area. As he continues to rotate with his sword at hand, Roy's katana begins to guide the gathered wind, making it stronger, surrounding him inside this gentle wind vortex, making the specs of dirt, leaves and everything beneath his feet hover and eventually gets pulled in the midst of this maelstrom. Tiny particles of dirt and leaves drifts around him as he continues to conjure this miniature twister.

Roy smirks at the two and immediately stops flicking his wrist, dismissing the very cyclone he created, instantly dropping the specs of dirt,leaves and grass floating around the wind from where he stands."Of course that's just a sample, I could make it stronger but that would take a lot of time and effort, not to mention it can cause strain to me and my blade." Roy sighed as he sheathed his sword back.

"And Besides I think I'm done showing off. You have some interesting lumen I'll give you both of that, the way you control plants and the way you control heat. But nevertheless, we will never be equals."

Damon

'For as big as he talks he doesn't exactly live up to his mouth...' Damon thought as he watched the small cyclone whirling around Roy. "So your lumen is reliant on your sword? Or is it just something to channel it with?" Damon asked, he had heard of people using objects or tools even to control their lumen, but never saw anyone that used something significant. But the real question what could he do without his sword. Damon's sword was only an extension to his lumen that helped in combat, but he would no doubt be able to kill an attacker without it.

"Hmph. You're a quarter of a step too close." Tessa regarded the butler, giving him a toxic stare until he would have corrected his movements. All the while, she kept snarkily walking in front of Alison, leading the way towards the dorms while she too was not sure which one she was going to choose, if any. She kept changing her pace, slowing it or upping the tempo abruptly at a whim, and all to make trouble for Alison as he tried to keep the agreed upon 3 and a half steps contract. She was just waiting for him to mess up, and glancing every once in a while over her shoulder to see in how much trouble the poor butler was. He was gonna pay for his master's mistakes.

Felis cocked his head slightly, not understanding the source of her anger. "What's wrong with... the way you look?" he asked inquisitively. Felis watched, as Rame withdrew her hand to her side. Was handshaking something you weren't supposed to do either? As a child, he saw so many adults do that as a greeting. "I think... it looks nice. Like... snow." he said with his neutral tone. He spent the latter half of his life in Aurora, where there was nothing but mountains and forests. But one day, it had snowed. Although the snow wasn't heavy enough to stick, he still remembered it clearly; the way it gently drifted through the air, with no impending need to be anywhere. The snow was cold and distant, much like the girl in front of him. But that didn't mean that snow was ill-natured. Perhaps the girl... was the same. With a slow motion, he gently lifted her wrist with his left hand, and shook her hand with his right. "Felis Argontyle. Your... name?"

Her skin was hot to the touch, like a sheet of metal left out for days in the merciless desert sun, and even then, it was relatively low to her body's usual standards. She visibly bristled at the unwanted contact, acting almost on instinct in an attempt to raise her core back up to that of a roaring flame just she'd been during her rampage earlier, but Braith stopped the impulse before it ever reached her nervous system.

Stop, This isn't an attack. Calm yourself, little wolf...

She still glared at him... but her muscles relaxed gradually. There had only ever been two types of physical contact she'd known; that which was meant to express disdain and fury and contempt, and that which was to comfort... and the latter had been in far shorter supply than the former over the years... even with the docility of his gesture, it still gave her unease... coming from a stranger.

"Rame..." she said tentatively. the urge to pull her hand away was growing with every second, regardless of Braith's reassurance. "Snow... that's exactly what they compared it to too. They always said it was a sign... an omen... that me being born meant another great storm like the one of legend would come and kill everyone, finish what it failed to do the last time...and even more of them said that I wasn't just a sign, that I'd actually be the harbinger of it all... told me I was the cause of anything and everything bad they experienced, no matter how trivial or stupid it was... I was always their little scapegoat, their strawman... the thing they could funnel all their petty hate into when their lives went wrong, whenever things didn't go their way. There... are you happy now? Let go of me..." She was already stealing her hand back out of his grip before he could respond, eye's like dying pyres as she gazed to the floor.

Roy

"Well, think of me as an orchestra conductor, and my katana is the object I use to conduct the wind around me," Roy explained. He raised a brow as something tells him Damon isn't convinced by his display from the way he asked. "My lumen is reliant on the object i hold, I need something to weave to activate my lumen with, I've tried to channel it with different objects other than my sword, but it feels flat, not the feeling same sensation compared to my curved blade." he said

"Besides,I don't rely on my lumen too much, I was a fighter before I got this gift. The wind is only one of my arsenal." Roy said with cocky smirk, patting the hilt of his blade. "Hmpff..I see you're a swordsman as well," Roy said, looking at Damon. "I hope that huge sword you carry isn't just for display. I would be a shame if that elegant sword is just for show." Roy snorted.

Damon

Damon smiled, he was always up for a challenge. That was partially due to the fact that Master Royland, the man at arms that trained him in swordsmanship was about as forgiving as the cold tundra that Damon should have died in. "I've held a sword since I was old enough the hold one. That huge sword might not be able to be swung as fast as your little wind blade, but a longsword provides it's user with a wide range of strategy to take out a wide range of opponents... Let's also just say that my lumen also allows a lot of mixed tactics with a sword. But about yours, so your sword amplifies your power. Is there something unique about it, or could you channel wind with any old sword?

Edited by M_Cowher

Felis grunted in satisfaction, as if giving his approval."Rame," he repeated after her, making sure to remember the name. Her hand was warm, seemingly inviting almost, if he didn't know better. He nodded in approval, believing that he had carried out the correct course of action.

"There... are you happy now? Let go of me..."

"Hm," he grunted in approval. "Yes. I am content." She withdrew herself even further, her eyes being drawn to the floor. Did holding eye contact for too long bother her? He had found that when he did that at the airport, the flight attendants seemed to shy away. He furrowed his brow, his lack of understanding continuing to frustrate him. Though, what Rame had said earlier about only raised more questions.

"Do you believe that... to be true?" Back in Medulla, the others would bully him for his outlandish nature, and eventually he began to push everything away. He had no friends there. Only those who considered him to be antisocial and violent. At the time, his anger was his defense mechanism. He would let his emotions run rampant, retaliating against those who would deny his existence. It dawned on him, that she was acting much the same. If Felis could change, then he believed that so could Rame.

"what the fuck are you talking about, 'do I think it's true'?" She grumbled, leaning her head against the bed post. "It doesn't matter what I thought about it, it never mattered what I thought... or what my big brothers thought whenever they beat the shit of those little sneering fucks who'd throw stones at me. Of course I didn't fucking think it was true, what sense does that make; the birth of one little outcast bitch with white hair bringing the end of the world? We've got a lot of superstitions up there, but that one was the only one that ever really struck me as bullshit.

But like I said... never fucking matter what I thought about anything. My sisters, those pathetic, domesticated little prawns living off in the port... even my own damn father didn't want me around, was just searching for a reason to send me off to die...so I gave him one."

A crooked grin of satisfaction stretched across her face as she thought back on the last few minutes of that fatal encounter... of how easily she'd turned the tables, simply by listening to him, giving in fully, letting it all out. He'd been right, one way or another in the end... she had no place there. She had never had a place there, even with the affection and devotion of her brothers... eventually, they both would've had to marry, start families of their own, with their own wives and children... neither of them could have defended her forever... and honestly, Rame would've preferred not to have burdened them like that anyway.

"I just wish... I was even half the monster they thought I was." She continued, the sound of flames crackling accompanying each and every word as her eyes only grew in their intense radiance... yet there were no flames to be seen around her... "Because if I had been... I would've done exactly like they always feared. I wouldn't have stopped with her...oh no, I would've kept going, conjured enough flame to send them all straight to hell. It would've been fucking worth it to see the look on their faces, after all their shit, best thing I probably would've ever felt...but he wouldn't let me... said she was enough... made me let the other two bitches go free when they deserved the exact same fate, just as much as she did..."

Roy

"Little wind blade!?" Roy muttered, raising a brow as it involuntary twitches, feeling a bit irk from Damon's remark about his weapon. Roy released a deep sighed before speaking to the kid again.

"Pfft.. No, none that i'm aware off, All i know is, this was forged from the Aquilo's core and was given to me by my father, As far as I'm concerned, this is a just an ordinary katana to me." He said crossing his arms. "And yes, of course, I'm a skilled swordsman," Roy said proudly. "I can wield and channel my lumen just as easy to another type of sword if I really wanted to. But I wouldn't trade this one for another type of sword, not by a long shot. There's no greater feeling than wielding your own blade in battle ya know." Roy said with a smirk across his face.

"Now, about your longsword, As if it was made fit for a noble. I can tell from the fancy markings on its hilt and fine craftsmanship. Where'd ya get it? are you one of those rich snobs that were given a fancy blade during their birthday and thinks that he can wield it properly just by touching it? or did you just stole that from the rich?" Roy asked Damon, accusing him of such, being callous and filled with skepticism as always.

Edited by Ragnar

Damon

Damon frowned at Roy's guesses at the origin of his sword, not really wanting to talk about it, but decided that he wasn't going to get anywhere with these people if he wasn't at least a little open with his past.

"My father is a blacksmith... He made the sword years ago as a commision from the lord... After my parents died and I discovered my lumen I fell under the same lord's care. He gave it to me as a gift, he said that my father would want me to have it and that he had never used it anyway... " Damon struggled to say, being very uncomfortable talking about his past. Whenever he did talk about his past it was hard not to get angry.

Os stopped and looked up. He had managed to make a half loop around the complex, so he was now on the opposite side of where he started: on the other side of the fountain. In the time that he had been walking a few others had congregated near the fountain, now appearing to be quite immersed in their conversation. He figured it was best he didn't interrupt them; it seemed like most people here don't like being interrupted.

Instead, he began heading toward the large metal building, aiming to go inside and explore in there. It would be something new: a building with that kind of sheen.

Edited by Swampellow

"Then I'm glad to know that... you don't hate yourself," Felis said a softer tone this time, making his words feel like he meant it. Though what she said afterwards sent shudders down his spine. Rame was still a little too much raw emotion for him to process. The air seemed to warm at her words, as if the southern climate weren't warm enough. Subconsciously, she seemed to be using her Lumen, but thankfully it didn't seem like it would be running rampant. All the talk of implied violence made him wanted to switch topics.

"Is there anything... you miss in Acquillo?" he asked impassively. "Good... things?"