[IC] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

Sylva

For once, the woman looked genuinely nervous. It came to a shock to Lasia, to Tempus, to Locus. It was only for a fleeting second, then was replaced by hard features. She nodded once.

"Honesty. A respectable trait; certainly the first I've noted from you so far." Sylva remarked, caring not about the harsh effect of her words. She could already tell it would do nothing bad for Rame. "Return to your quarters, please. You'll surely notice your fellow... pupils there already. And please, Rame. Do not repeat this. If you do receive any grief for this, contact me." With that, she turned, the strain of such an obscenely business like persona finally taking its toll. Motioning once, Locus and Tempus followed her, and they retreated to their own rooms at the top of the lavishing building.

"She's... we've never encountered a Lumen quite like that." Sylva said, choosing her words carefully. "But I think we can handle it." Locus and Tempus nodded in agreement, before Sylva left the room. She had something personal to attend to. At the bottom of their building, through an appropriately mundane door, was six or so computers. Loading one up, she sat down at it, clearing her throat. With just a few taps, the face of a young man showed up. And then more and more showed up; varying genders, varying appearances, until six were left. She'd finally gotten through to them. A content smile framed her face.

"I have a feeling about our latest batch of recruits." Sylva began, a rare laid-back tone found in her voice. "I feel that they may be able to truly win this war. But if the rumors are true... then they'll require your help." She bit her lip. Not all of them would be willing to help; even fewer were willing to help after what happened to one of their own.

"Are you sure?" Replied a careful voice - the first man that had picked up and stayed. "After Maia... this isn't something that we'll win through our powers alone."

"Exactly." Sylva stated. "They need your help to train; to become stronger. It's remarkable that these... terrorists... have even held out for so long. But it would make a lot more sense if she was helping them. Why? I haven't a clue."

A perky voice was heard. "Li's the strongest out of any of us. Maia was our best chance; but even she was defeated." Taia remarked.

Sylva was silent. Her face solemn. "I know that after Maia you're scared. I'm scared." She paused. "This is our last chance. We can't keep lying about what's going on for much longer. If we don't end it soon, panic will spread and we'll lose our grip on this world. Don't let this be our end."

She was met with grim silence.

"I'll leave you to think about it. But please know that in their current state, these children are just the latest to get sent out to burn."

Wiping the beginnings of a tear from her eye, she turned the computer off and left the room.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

It all happened too quickly for Rafael's comfort, one moment he'd turned to grab his his jacket and put out the flame on it - he was rather attached to the article of clothing, he couldn't just let it burn away like that - and the next a giant inferno erupted from the girl that only moments prior had nearly burnt him to a crisp. Whatever made her absolutely explode, he wasn't sure of, though he was pretty sure the only one left for her to get pissed off against was that loud little kid....

"Rafael Lorean. I'm from Aurora, nice to meet you." Rafael said, twirling one of the two knives he still had on hand, he'd toyed with trying to get the one that struck that unstable girl, but he'd rather not go anywhere near her for a while. "And no, please go as crazy as you want, I doubt our gracious hosts would mind."

Karen & Alison
“Oh boy, bunk beds!” Though, Karen was more excited about the beds than the bunking.
“Hold it right there, Master Marcus.” Karen was nearly in a full dash to the dorms before Alison grabbed onto xyr collar. The child quickly lost xyr footing and fell to the ground. Xe got back up and began dusting off xyr clothes as Alison continued.
“Don’t you think it’s rather early for a nap?”
“How long have you known me?”
“So you just plan to ignore your fellow Lumen learners?”
“Again, how long have you known me?”
“These aren’t your usual classmates, Master Marcus. You’re going to work with them, not do their homework for free cash.”
“Hey, not my fault my parents grounded me that day.”
“Just pay them a bit more heed than usual, okay?” Alison gave a warm smile to Karen as he gave that final remark.
Karen glared at Alison with xyr rather non-menacing blue eyes behind xyr glasses. Still, he had a point. They were being trained to fight, and fighting with others was certainly different from doing group assignments. Karen was always the one to do most of the work, but here xe had to remember that xe could barely do anything alone with xyr Lumen. “Fine, I’ll go make a meatshie- Er, friend.”
“You can thank me later.”
“Yes, dad.”
Turning to the other Lumen children, Karen decided to give a listen to the green-haired girl’s little speech. She was certainly trying harder than the rest of them to make allies.
“You certainly seem nicer than the rest of these guys, Tessie Serra van Whippersnapper.” Karen did remember her name, but that’d be the more dull response.
“My name’s Karen Marcus. Yes, it’s a lot more mundane than most of yours, but it’s the only thing you’ll ever beat me at.” Alison walked up behind Karen, wordlessly waving his hand as if to wait for his master to continue. “This is Alison. He’s my butler so he serves most of my needs. Don’t ask him for things, he’s my butler, not yours.”
“Pleasure to make your acquaintance, young Lumen children.”
“Alison, you’re younger than most of us, don’t call us young.”
“As you can also see, Master Marcus is rather not appreciative.”
“Hey, he’s lying, I treat him well.”
“Then where’s my paycheck?”
“You know exactly why I don’t have one for you.”
Edited by InnocentBoy

She watched the three leave in silence. Once they were gone though, her eyes were right back to the glass. Despite Braith practically being as much apart of her as a vital organ, she suffered no real ill effects from ingesting the stuff, but still... ever since he'd been around though, she'd found her desire for it was practically non-existent, even in cases of exhaustion. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that, in all honesty, she didn't really sweat...at all, actually, given her thermal resilience. She had never really bothered to ask the flame about it though... and she didn't see a reason to now.

Still though...it almost felt... wrong to deny the healer's kindness. Almost like an impoverished man denying a generous gift of coin. She gulped the stuff down and set the glass back down, before getting up from the table. It was nice to not walk with a limp... nice to walk at all. She hadn't even dealt with either of the debilitating injuries for even an hour before they'd been remedied, and yet, she had already begun to miss being able-bodied in that short span of time...

"Um...thanks again...." She said, eye's on the floor rather than meeting the Healers, still a bit flushed "for the... healing and everything...I appreciate it." barely managing to get that little bit of gratitude out without becoming anymore flustered than she already had, she hurried for the door and saw herself out.

Outside, she didn't have to go very far before she practically tripped over her belongings. And honestly, she didn't question how they got there. Earlier she'd been more occupied by fucking loads of pain from her leg and Braith had more or less taken the lead... it was easy enough to assume that someone had simply picked them up without either of them noticing. Didn't matter, she just cared that she had them at all.

The dorm's loomed in the distance. She wasn't eager to make the trip over... she had put up with shit for basically her whole life, but that didn't mean she fucking enjoyed it. She had just grown thicker skin and resigned herself to her fate...nothing more, nothing less...

But we're going to change that fate...they're doubtlessly talking about you.

But... after that failed attempt at retaliation, do you really think any of them would be bold enough?

So brazen as to instigate something to our face? Most of them will probably avoid us...

"Tch, yeah, most of them..." she muttered... "I saw some of the snobs present here, Braith. They look like they haven't done a single day of actual labor in their life... you know their types lack common sense, think their money or their standing or family name or whatever bullshit makes them safe from everything..."

So? We'll cross those bridges, when we come to them. Or they come to us. As we always have...

"Fine..." Her eyes smoldered, just a bit. And her pace perfectly matched her reluctance with every step she took towards the other buildings...

Keeping hold of her staff-mace, Aria followed along behind the others. Putting it away would require her actually kneeling down and putting it in her bag and the last thing she would want to do was to exacerbate the pain from the burns on the left side of her body by putting more pressure onto them than necessary. Besides, it was all she could do to walk behind everyone and it would be fairly obvious to anyone who decided to look at her that she was feeling far from comfortable. After all, her body was starting to glisten from what her sweat glands were pouring out.

“I’m Aria Lunacanta. I come from Medulla, though I left to explore on my own about a year ago.” She gave her quick introduction while standing tall as usual. Even if her body was showing that she was in pain, she was stubborn enough to make sure that speech could not be evidence for that.

Hassar

Without opening his eyes, he muttered "Hassar al'din Sentespri Ali." The last part was what the plains people called him. He didn't know the exact translation, but he figured it was close enough to his title. It certainly sounded more like a name. "Those of you from Aurora may know me as a phantom. Haunting the woods, as it were. That's all you really need to know."

Bells softly jingling, he continued his carving. He had paid attention to the introductions, but couldn't bring himself to care much for the others or what they called themselves. Through his Lumen he realized that what he was carving was the likeness of a flame from the mock battle. He wasn't sure he liked that much. It didn't bode well for the future, as things like that didn't often stick with his Lumen. "Well. It's started. Better not to leave a task half done..." he thought before touching it up with the daggers edge.

Valor frowned as the loud, agitated girl spoke. This manner of speaking, this casual authority, was one he had heard before. Whenever there was a social function in the ballroom, he would hear this manner of speech. Clearly the speaker was also a member of high society. However, hers was not the dignified confidence of the aristocratic elite. The way she spoke was more like the blustering of the nouveau riche, insecure in their authority and desperate for others to acknowledge them. He upturned his nose. How...vulgar.

After the bit at the battlefield, the adrenaline had faded from Jev's system enough for him to calm down. Seeing as the others were introducing themselves, he decided to follow suit. However, he was unable to speak before the poshly-speaking girl and a few others did.

"Might as well let you know what I'm called. My name's Jev'ona Lekoniska, but you can call me Jev for short. I'm from the forests of Eastern Medulla."

Rame

A crowd of them were gathered outside as she got closer, seeming to be introducing themselves, or some crap like that. Hell, infact, among them seemed to be all the little snobs she'd been talking about not long ago.

She steered clear of them all as she moved on towards the lodgings. She didn't care who was from what rat hole, what their name was, why they were naive enough to come here when it was so damn obvious that most of them didn't realize the full implications of what it meant to be fighting in a war; none of that honky mattered to her. From her impression after getting off the plane and seeing just how reluctant some had been to even engage in a sparring match- admittedly one that had nearly turned into a homicide, but even still, had no prior indication it would when it started -a lot of them were likely to end up dead once they left these training grounds and the true fight began.

You can't fix naivety. You can't fix arrogance. You can't fix stupidity. Just as they no doubt saw a myriad of negative traits regarding Rame after the fight, just as the female instructor had, so too could Rame see all their mingled vices laid bare before her eyes. And as Braith again spoke to her, bringing up the circumstances of their own situation for being here, the irony of her certainty that most of those gathered here had virtually signed their own death warrants was not lost on her.

You know, I've still yet to conclude...

What we should do, after this...

Your father's underhanded sentence is the key to our survival...

We could desert the first chance we get, steal off into the night...with the work we must already put in, I've no doubt we could find a way...

But yet... if we flee, it worries me... how much potential expansion would we miss out on? Training is all well and good, but actual experience...

It pales in comparison to the stuff... even extensive practice can only hope to match it's value, not surpass it...

"Wasn't the whole purpose of your plan so we could escape? Isn't that what you told me in that moment, that silence was best, silence would sever the binds and let us go free?"

Yes, I did tell you that. And I was correct in my future sight...completely correct, even though we left in binds, you are still in a way freer than you ever were with your sisters around...

But this? Within my own self, I can peer many steps ahead, behold the many potential paths, but... all paths leading from here cloud and darken by the time we are likely to leave for war...

Hell... they darken even now... it is like a blank spot, almost, as if... something forbids my pyromancy... outlandish, isn't it? I am flame given thought and will and wit, and yet even despite my superiority other my wild brethren... still, there are matters that when I glimpsed upon, all I can see... is smoke. Black smoke...white smoke... grey smoke...

but smoke all the same.

"You tell me this as I'm supposed to intepret what even you can't."

Aye. I do... I see the folly in that now. But... you will learn, you must learn eventually...

I was... hasty in my prior ambitions. Our little foray here showed me that... I overestimated myself... and you

"Was that supposed to sting?"

No...not at all. It's simply... providing new perspective, girl. As I said, before, we were the only ones with power in your old house.

You grasped the basic ends of what I could give you easily enough. You used my basic forms fairly well to rebel against the reign of your sisters... and eventually, you overthrew that reign.

But that was just one battle Rame. The first of many, I anticipate. You won because in the end, though you were a runt, you grew stronger as they remained foolish and weak.

But you are still a runt, girl. Both literal, and figurative. I have much I can show you, much I can offer you, but as you are now...

Well... there are things we must work on. I will leave it... at that.

"Things like what?" She demanded

This mortal coil of yours is weak. You fell to just two wounds to the leg, your mind so overcome with pain you could hardly hear or notice anything that went on after.

Your reserves are like an ocean... a shallow ocean- a mile wide and barely a foot deep. They seem vast on the surface, but when it came time... what you provided me for that last flare... it was pathetic. The ink is fine, the ink is good, but your printing press girl... your press is shyte. And when your press is shyte, what you print will be shyte too. Did you see how easily that woman tore the inferno apart?

"She-"

SILENCE, GIRL! it was like the roaring of a massive inferno in her ears, driving down her objection before it could even escape

You asked. I... am telling you.

If you aren't willing to listen even to simple truths as these though... then I worry about how much we can grow in the time we have... I worry how we will survive if you fight me as I only try to help.

"I...I'm sorry..."

I could go on. But I know you see what I mean.

The basic point is...

This heart of yours... it has potential, I can feel it. But I did not judge it properly, before this.

As it is now, you are still too weak both in body and spirit to facilitate my full abilities. There are many things I have to show you girl.

All the aspects of flame and it's wrath... as I said, the things you did in the fight against your sisters was only the beginning.

Have you ever felt fire's vigor and might pulse through your every muscle fiber, your very senses?

Have you ever felt it's might restoring your crippled form, forcing your body's innate processes to accelerate?

Have you... ever seen what many feel to be impossible? Fire flowing free as if it were a liquid? Spirits and Minds being engulfed and consumed as the bodies are left untouched?

No... you haven't. Because we are not there yet... no where near it for some of them.

There is... much for us to do...and perhaps little time for us to do it in...

Something did not sit well with the entity, she could sense it as easily as her own hurt at the sting in some of his words. But he didn't continue. His simple truths were done, it seemed...

"She... said to go to our quarters."

Go. You're still too empty for me to try and show anything now anyway.

A shallow ocean indeed, child...and when it rains, it fucking trickles.

Go. You are practically stark bare for the world to see...

And I doubt those two provided any changes of cloths...

Figure out how to remedy this on your own... do something productive while the ocean refills, one miserable droplet at a time

With that last stinging jab, she knew he had truly finished. Such a juxtaposition to all his prior approval and encouragements...in just the span of a single tirade, he had gone completely gone from sounding like Ingram and Brandt to all too much like Father... Nevertheless, She picked up her pace again, still staying clear of all the others as she headed for the door of the nearest dorm and stepped inside...

"Really...y'all have some wired names. Where did your parents come up with those." Can thought to himself as every one started to introduce themselves. Has he was looking around to see who would be next he notice the white hair girl from the fight go into one of the dorms. "Well i now that was fast i reckon they have a healer or something around here somewhere. Hmm..." A smile came to his face as he thought to himself "Well if anything interesting happens around here it will probably involve her might as well see them."

He turned away from the group and walked away waving has he did "Well Ms. Wippersnapper or how ever you say your name y'all can stand here if you want, but I'm going to put my bag down where i want."

Opening the door and entering the same dorm as the white hair he looked around stopping and once again tipping an invisible hat to the white haired girl. He walked to on of the bunk bed and tossed his bag up onto the top bunk and hopped up to to bunk he turned towards the girl.

"Well Howdy there Spitfire looks like your all healed up now. Though clothes don't see to have fared as well no have they?" he said to her has he rummaged through his bag pulling out a shirt. He tossed the shirt over to the girl "Well you can used that its not much but its better then running around half naked in burnt clothes I reckon." He said with a smile.

Ignoring the spitfire crap, and frankly most else of what the boy said, She looked down at the article of clothing. It was easily a few sizes too large for her, the neck line alone coming down to what little cleavage she had and the hemline going down to about her thighs, just where her cloak once had... before that little fucker had destroyed it.

"Why are you giving this to me?" She asked, eye's incredulous as she gazed back up at the stranger. Even now, despite them lacking the glow they had earlier, there was still a peculiar glint to them... as the light beneath her skin pulsed all the while like the radiant manifestation of a heartbeat. "More importantly, why are you in here at all? Do they really expect shoving a bunch of teens into Coed dorms to end well...if so..."

Can kept his smile and meant the girls gaze with his own uncaring one "Well that would be because you need some news clothes. you could go and ask one of the girls out there if you could borrow theirs, but i reckon that not your style. Besides if Pinky roast your clothes again i can deck him for ruining mine."He said as he waved his had towards the outside.

"Well they never gave us any room assignments, though I reckon that they where planing on something once they saw what everyone was capable of..that is until the sparring grounds got torched. Besides I don't think that the ratio for our little group would allow for none Coed rooms, hell I can't even tell if some of them are a guy or gal." He finished with a laugh

In the end, standing around here would not help Aria alleviate her pain. She just needed to find somewhere to leave her luggage so she could look for some sort of infirmary or maybe get her hands on some painkillers. Having most of the left side of her body covered in burns was not a pleasant experience, so the faster she could get rid of the pain, the faster she could start walking around without having her calmness and pridefulness be a facade.

She slowly walked to one of the random dorms with her luggage in tow. Which one she went to really did not matter to Aria. All she needed to do was put her things down and rest.

Using her left hand, one of the few parts of the left side of her body that was not covered in burns, she opened the door to the dorm she had picked, only to find two people already inside. The one sitting on the top bunk was the messy-haired boy she had seen leave a bit before she did. He called himself Can, if she was remembering correctly. To think he, of all people, was poking fun at the names of others.

The other was the girl with the snow-white hair who had been injured and pinned to the ground earlier after she had likely crossed the line of what passes for mock combat. She seemed to be wearing a large shirt that was definitely not hers and she did not seem to be worse for the wear.

Seeing that girl in clothing that was not hers, Aria came to one conclusion.

With a blush, she spoke up, "Sorry if I was interrupting something."

She was about to close the door fully before she realized something. She opened the door back up and pointed a question to the girl. "You dont seem to be injured in the slightest...is there someone here who can heal wounds? "

Edited by Hiss13

She stared at him a bit longer, still unsure about it all. Before she could say much of anything though, the door opened up and yet another person popped in...this time someone she knew she recognized; it had been hard to forget the girl's infuriating little strut onto the battlefield like she was hot shit, only to end up immobilized and... from the looks of it, more than a bit roughed up. The burns were especially interesting... she knew she hadn't turned Braith on this one... at least, not leading up to trying to kill that laser kid...and even still, they were too minor to have possibly been from that blast. The arrogant fool would've most likely been dead if she'd been hit... or at the very least, wishing she was.

Tch, serves you right, regardless... She thought as the other girl apologized and shut the door... only to reopen it moments later.

"You don't seem to be injured in the slightest...is there someone here who can heal wounds? "

"...!" She flushed, turning away from girl as she asked the question. The memory of that woman's motherly kindness was all too fresh...or at least, what Rame could only guess such would feel like. It certainly hadn't been the spite and venom of her sisters...

"Yeah...there is..." she said, glancing over her shoulder. "What, you bite off more than you could chew out there?"

She could see damn well that the girl had... she just wanted to hear her admit it.

Felis stood around, hovering over the others. He couldn't help but lag behind, as he found it a little difficult to find a moment to introduce himself. Everything seemed content with chirping away, as if the events of not too long ago hadn't happened. Though, he was sure it still hung on their minds. Seeing as how the white-haired girl had chosen her dorm of choice, he decided to go to another dorm. He couldn't quite begin to trust her quite yet. But he supposed the first thing he should do was meet everyone else. And he would do that. Inside. He opened the door, peering over his shoulder as he did, to see if anyone else would follow.

Shrugging his shoulders, he went inside. The furnishings of the dorm was quite bare, but that didn't bother him very much. He missed the luxury he had in Medulla, but it was just a matter of adjusting to living in the woods. Here would be no different. Eyeing the lower bunk, he lay down his greatsword, the weapon hitting the floor with a thunk, as he lay down on his back.

"What, you bite off more than you could chew out there?"

That question definitely stung at Aria’s heart. It was definitely something she had been asking ever since that incident a year ago. Ever since the day the people who had begun to surround her fell away from her. Ever since that day she found out that Jade had been targeting her, she had to wonder if she was truly biting off more than she could chew. After all, the reason she was still alive was because she had awakened her Lumen at the last minute.

Yet, here she was, once again. She had definitely bitten off more than she could chew. She thought she could manipulate hearts on the battlefield without any proper preparation. She thought she could charge towards another while mowing down anything that stood in her path.

She had thought that she could make the world kneel before her feet. She would stand above others.

She had thought…

But, was that pride that led to that really even worth a damn?

That was something she refused to admit.

Aria found herself unconsciously averting her eyes from the white-haired girl and biting her lips. “Hardly. There’s no way I could have. I’m not…” She tapered off as her denial took hold and forced her voice down.

"Yeah...there is..." "What, you bite off more than you could chew out there?"

"Ah so I was right in that bit." Can thought as the white hair girl answered the new comer's question Aria if he remembered her name right "But still what are you trying to prove Spitfire.by saying that last bit"

“Hardly. There’s no way I could have. I’m not…”

"well we can't have someone breaking down now can we" His thoughts continued as Aria tried to answer.

"Don't worry your not interrupting anything much after all if i was that fast i would be disappointed in myself." Can said with an amused laugh they to get the subject changed "Though from the looks of if I reckon that you might have something better fitting then me for Spitfire here if you where so inclined to so so anyways.You need any help with that?" He said nodding to the luggage.

Edited by rustytengo

“Hardly. There’s no way I could have. I’m not…”

"Hmph...alright, I guess you don't need her then, if that's the case," Rame shrugged "Bye. I think you were about to leave, weren't you?"

Whatever, if the fool didn't want to swallow her damn pride, so be it. She could either suffer with those injuries the rest of the day or try to find the lady herself... Rame gave no fucks one way or another, honestly. So long as there was no Alpha Bitch attitude that started up, the girl with glasses was just another boring blip on her radar...

just then the other one decided to open his mouth though

"Don't worry your not interrupting anything much, after all if i was that fast i would be disappointed in myself."

"Nani?" she fixed him with a subtle glare and crimson flash of the eyes before walking off further into the dorm as he continued, not bothering to listen to whatever other shit he spouted... until he called her spitfire again. She turned on a dime and called back.

"Don't flatter yourself, Jackass. I'm not the type of bitch to drop my panties and bend over just because of a poultry bit of charity that I didn't even ask for. And my name's not spitfire, damn it..."

"Don't flatter yourself, Jackass. I'm not the type of bitch to drop my panties and bend over just because of a poultry bit of charity that I didn't even ask for. And my name's not spitfire, damn it..."

"Well at least she amitted to being a bitch" Can thought as the girl yelled at him.

"Well i would worry if you where that type. so how about you tells us your name then."Can said matching the girls glare with his smile.

"Rame Nero." She said... that cheeky smile was beginning to get on her damn nerves, moe than anything because it almost reminded her of Ingram... except ingram actually meant his smiles most of the time and wasn't an obviously fake bastard putting on a show. "Not that it matters much who I am. Most of us will end up dead or worse soon enough... you two do realize we're going to be sent to war, right? That the whole point of this place is to train new legions of fools to die squabbling for a pointless piece of land?"

"Well Rame I'm Can Stanton, and no i thought the that I was here to flirt with pretty girls and have a vacation full of memories." Can said as he hopped down from his perch. Looking straight at Rame after he landed this time his eyes a bit colder then before. "Of course i know where here to train for war. If we weren't then i wouldn't be here." He said with his smile changing to almost a grin "if you go into war thinking your going to die then you will, but unlike y'all I won't die that I can say. After all things would be uninteresting I were to and I can't have that."

"The idiot who is quickest to deny his own mortality is always the first to get fucked over." She turned her attention to the other girl. She could feel her skin beginning to burn under the agitation as her temperature crept up though... "So what about you then, tough girl? You seem hardy enough, those injuries are nothing to ya, are they? I bet you're just as certain of your chances too... I mean, hells, I'm just a psychopath who almost vaporized a person while I was running on fumes, and even I'm having some thoughts. But good on you guys if you're so confident... try not to make too much of a mess once Reality catches up to you, M'kay?"

With that, she walked off again, bag and instrument slung over her shoulder. But not before pausing to smirk at the boy, Can... "Oh, and thanks for the shirt, buddy. I think I'll keep it, hope ya don't mind~"

As she set her stuff down on the bunk furthest from the entrance, she knew Braith was going to scold her long before it ever happened...

What the hell was that?

"What?"

You had the urge to kill that idiot at least three times over the span of that whole conversation. If you weren't bone dry, I'd have had to step in...

Remember, Rame... patience. We literally... just...got out of that fucking situation.

How good was that healer, tell me? Did she make you forget what happened entirely

"Nope...but I'm starting to wish I had known my mom because of her. And it was four times, Braith, not three... I wanted him dead twice over for the joke about fucking me."

Look, just... let's keep the body count to a minimum until further notice. And I mean 0. This is a conversation we shouldn't have to have twice in the same day...

I know, I know... I've never asked you to actually stay civil before, it's hard, yes, and I don't like it either, but it's what we need.

"What are you talking about? This is me being civil-" She patted the Fecnial still strapped at her waist "fucker still has his face doesn't he? I didn't need to use you to kill him...I am trying, see? Geez, ya don't have to keep getting on my case..."

Gods... this is going to be... a very, very long road ahead of us...

Valor had, naturally, heard and felt everything that had transpired in the cabin. However, he kept his face turned away from them, facing the larger group's conversation while hiding behind a mask of disinterest.

That girl was a disaster waiting to happen. So prone to rage and bloodlust. Valor sighed. The girl's voice had a nice timbre, certainly one of the nicest he had ever heard. It contrasted greatly with her words. If only her tongue was not one so barbed and sharp, she would have been able to compete with many of the world's greatest opera singers. What a waste. Such beauty, mired in such vulgarity. For there was nothing more vulgar than the desire to kill.

People were scattering? Why were people scattering? Had they not heard her speech? What the hell are these guys thinking just barging into the dorms after she'd specifically arrenged for them not to!? She heplessly reached out her hands towards them as her shoulders slowly went limp with defeat...

The person who called themself Karen Marcus, on the other hand...they were actually being nice, even if she wasn't sure if Karen or Marcus was their first name... Tessa nearly fell over backwards when she realized what they had called her. "Tessie...Serra...Whippersnapper? U-uhm..." She sighed. There was no reason to get upset. It was a mild error, nothing to worry about. For now. The fact they had another boy with them, a...butler, was much more worrisome. Was it by regulations? What were the instructors gonna say? She better leave the issue to them. For now. "A-ahh, excuse me. I'm pleased to meet you as well." ...even if you are a bit unpleasant in your manner of speech...

She didn't offer a hand. She merely gave a slight nod behind a polite smile. Even if she was being torn up on the inside. Karen wasn't gonna beat her in anything else. This was just talking big. "So...uhm...well..." She diverted her gaze and looked up. "Ah. I hope we share an amazing academic year together at this learning institution. I shall be ever wishing good luck upon all of my friends. If you need any help, I'm available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 9 pm, but only if you announce yourself beforehand. Let's see...what else... Any questions, perhaps?"

Karen & Alison

Oh, man, I’m gonna have a lot of fun with this girl, I’m pretty sure. Karen tried to hold back the huge grin and mischievous laugh xe wanted to bring out. Karen had to clench xyr fist to hide her sense of joy from finding someone to maybe torment for the rest of xyr time here. Xe could never do that back home. They would've suspended xem for months, and then xe couldn’t show off how much smarter xe was than the rest of them. Nothing was gonna hold xem back here. They needed xem, and xyr Lumen.

This girl is holding back, I know it. If I push hard enough, I know I can break something. Would they kick xem out for a bit of tormenting? Maybe, but Karen was willing to test that theory. But not today, it was too early. She might not even be the person to do this to. Still, Karen was trying xyr best to hold back.

Alison, realizing what Karen was thinking, decided to step up and ask the questions. Before someone would go off crying. “If you don’t mind me asking, Ms. Whippersn-” Alison stopped himself, realizing that had actually nearly forgotten her last name. Trying to hide his mistake behind a cough, Alison continued. “Ms. Whipschnaps, might I ask what your Lumen ability is? I’m sure it’s better to know what it is now, then to have to learn on the battlefield.”