Version 8 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cap is 75, but a safe level to go into V8 is prolly 70, you dont wanna have to use reverse candies everytime your pokemon level up

Well they are cheap so i actually don't mind it. Battles are easier the higher your levels are anyway so it is worth the extra clicks. Especially for us who are playing insane mode.

Edited by DemICE

You can already get Oshawott by going through a place east of Akuwa Shore. Also,every pokemon will be available at some point, including starter pokemon.

Will there be certain trainers who will be able to use mega evolution in version 8? Like some of the antagonists? Sorry if a similar question was asked.

Edited by SukaiChris

Best part is that I still haven't leveled my Pokemon.

Much less EV trained. Help.

EDIT: Anyone remember the level cap at the end of V7?

Didn't the last gym leader mention how the next badge won't raise the cap? So I'll probably let my mons remain at the same level as of right now.

• Veterans

J-Jan-senpai.. Ca-Can i ask if maybe we could, we could uhm.. Get the in-game battle sprites redone? some of them look more pixelated then others.. N-no? oh okay x3 *weeb intensifies*

For v9? Possible. But for v8? No. Not to mention that some of the sprites come directly from B/W(2). This also was a choice made so the pokemon don't show up extremely small when on the player's side.

Also, please know it's not really that nice to constantly demand things from people when they're already working really hard to make the gameplay as enjoyable as possible and getting things fixed up. We've been over this literally a few days before. Please be a bit more patient.

J-Jan-senpai.. Ca-Can i ask if maybe we could, we could uhm.. Get the in-game battle sprites redone? some of them look more pixelated then others.. N-no? oh okay x3 *weeb intensifies*

For v9? Possible. But for v8? No. Not to mention that some of the sprites come directly from B/W(2). This also was a choice made so the pokemon don't show up extremely small when on the player's side.

Also, please know it's not really that nice to constantly demand things from people when they're already working really hard to make the gameplay as enjoyable as possible and getting things fixed up. We've been over this literally a few days before. Please be a bit more patient.

Esp when you type like this.

Maybe the developers have been already aware of this but regarding the B/W(2), there's 80x80 backsprites for Unova Pokemon which is ready for Pokemon Essentials. I just found them while randomly browse through deviantart and thought, "wow this looks good to be applied in Pokemon Rejuvenation" so here it is:

http://dreadwing93.deviantart.com/art/Unova-Backsprites-80x80-607291844

Perhaps, they can be used as a base since they can be be better, it's up to the developers~ (or perhaps I'll try making one if I have time...). Hope the future version use proper sprites so it's not so pixelated. But really, with current Essentials battle UI/layout, I prefer the 80x80 backsprites over the full backsprites since it shows proper perspectives, it's just a shame that there are not so many people making them out.

I hope I don't sound rude as I really want to see this game better and better ^^ Also Beta Test 50% weeeoooow~

Right, sorry. i Didn't mean to sound demanding i was just curious about this since we got the maps remodeled i wanted to know if this was also coming soon. I am looking forward to v8 regardless and i don't mind if Jan wants to do other stuff before that <3

• Developers

I already have it planned to change the in game battle sprites. That will happen through the course of V9's development.

Edit:

While those are nice battlesprites, I plan to switch all backsprites to Gen 5. Thanks for linking that, though.

it would actually make more sense if Game Freak itself made Acid and Corrosive moves super effective to steel.

The paradox is that not all corrosives are acidic nor can all acids melt steel.

Edited by Jiggle