Version 8 Status Thread

Jan

Damn Janiel, back at it again with the status thread~.

This is going to be an interesting version because this update isn't a very long one (In fact it's one of the shorter ones.). Thus, I think it's a perfect time to do the last of the remodeled maps and be done with it. We can all move on and enjoy new content for the rest of the game's duration. Hooray!!!

That being said, whether or not this takes as long as Version 7 will be up to how ambitious I become with these final map remodels, and you'll be happy to know that due to the positive feedback from Version 7, I went on a mapping rampage and already mapped almost every single area needed to be remodeled (With the exception of one area, but there were many many many maps). So thank you all for giving me the motivation to keep on making content for you all!

Jan was filled with determination!

Prior updates (100%)

#################### | Field Updates (100%)

#################### | Event Updates (100%)

#################### | Graphic Updates (100%)

#################### | Map Remodeling (100%)

#################### | Misc Updates (100%)

#################### | Scripting Updates (100%)

New content (100%)

#################### | Mapping (100%)

#################### | New Field Effects (100%)

#################### | Eventing (100%)

#################### | Sidequests (100%)

#################### | Story (100%)

Total Completion:

#################### | (100%) (Last point to 100 will be distributed when Alpha testing is complete.)

Alpha Test

#################### | (100%)

Beta Test

#################### | (75%)

YEEEEEE

Edited by The Anti-Fern

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one around here who does not do nuzlocke?

I also don't like Nuzlocke. It seems like artificial difficulty to me, and that's not enjoyable. The game isn't balanced around pokemon never dying.

I much prefer a game like this or Crystal Kaizo where simply beating the battles and completing the game is the difficult part.

I have also learned to enjoy more unconventional "challenge" runs though. I did a few where I pick 6 pokemon and edit them in and try to beat the entire game with only those 6. It was fun also trying to do it with a Gym Leader theme, pretending I was a gym leader from a different region and only using 6 that all shared a type.

Also tried a Team Rocket run where I editing the game so balls can catch trainer's pokemon too. Was fun, but caused a few glitches so I was never able to complete it.

Things like that are infinitely more fun than "if your pokemon faints you can't use it any more." Some times making them faint helps you win the battle!

Am I the only one around here who does not do nuzlocke?

I've done some, but I usually lose the challenge pretty early. It is a fun challenge, but not so fun for noobs like myself when you just lose early on.

Are there any other games like Reborn and Rejuvenation? Also, I may start playing A LITTLE more games.

desolation mate it me only be in its third episode but its a very good game caz the creator of the game has done an awesome job of it here's a link to it

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16383&page=1

Edited by sandy

I also don't like Nuzlocke. It seems like artificial difficulty to me, and that's not enjoyable. The game isn't balanced around pokemon never dying.

I much prefer a game like this or Crystal Kaizo where simply beating the battles and completing the game is the difficult part.

I have also learned to enjoy more unconventional "challenge" runs though. I did a few where I pick 6 pokemon and edit them in and try to beat the entire game with only those 6. It was fun also trying to do it with a Gym Leader theme, pretending I was a gym leader from a different region and only using 6 that all shared a type.

Also tried a Team Rocket run where I editing the game so balls can catch trainer's pokemon too. Was fun, but caused a few glitches so I was never able to complete it.

Things like that are infinitely more fun than "if your pokemon faints you can't use it any more." Some times making them faint helps you win the battle!

... Introducing "Fire Emblémon: Sun/Moon Edition"..

I'd buy it, if the music is decent enough. But seeing as they are willing to make the craziest crossovers, it won't take long until we have something like that.

Edited by Lagspike

After constant crashes and endless frustration with Pokemon Go's bugs and terrible servers I can't wait to play version 8 so I can finally get back into the story and have challenging battles again.

I've been waiting for this for a while, I trained all of my reserve pokemon up to level 65 so I'm prepared for what hopefully is an update that adds some challenging content.

Edited by Zumi

Another one to look up is Pokemon Zeta/Omicron. While it's sorta tacky compared to Insurgence, gameplay is rather fun

Matter of fact it's the same development team for both projects. Z/O was completed... a while ago (I don't remember off the top of my head) and Insurgence began development while Z/O was in the late stages of work. They have pretty similar styles of play, but Insurgence generally has a higher level of polish on everything. And Z/O is overflowing with outdated memes in random trainer dialogue, which may or may not change the experience for you.

My advice would be start with Z/O, because it will give you an idea of the style of the devs (and is fully complete including endgame).