Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

• Global Mods

According to Serebii, there was a stream earlier that showed early gameplay of SM and went to Ilima's trial. Apparently there are 7 trials. I'm not sure if that means 7 trials for the whole game, 7 trials for each island, or 7 trials just for Ilima.

• Veterans

According to Serebii, there was a stream earlier that showed early gameplay of SM and went to Ilima's trial. Apparently there are 7 trials. I'm not sure if that means 7 trials for the whole game, 7 trials for each island, or 7 trials just for Ilima.

Probably 7 for the whole game. Several news sites stated 7 too so....

If it is 7, then I guess we know who all the captains and kahunas are

We know Ilima, Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Kaiwe are captains

We know Hala and Olivia are kahunas

Then in the demo, we saw in the special video three other characters. One of them is probably a trial captain while the other two are kahunas

• Global Mods

If it is 7, then I guess we know who all the captains and kahunas are

We know Ilima, Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Kaiwe are captains

We know Hala and Olivia are kahunas

Then in the demo, we saw in the special video three other characters. One of them is probably a trial captain while the other two are kahunas

I saw someone speculating they could be trial captains elsewhere, but apparently there's some necklace or keychain all the trial captains wear that none of those three characters had. I haven't noticed any common accessory among trial captains but if there is, I think that would rule them out. I think the first one is a farm owner or somesuch who introduces us to Poke Ride with Mudsdale. The second seems like a sailor, maybe someone who takes us between the islands. The third one seems like she could be a Ghost-type kahuna with her appearance and the scenery in the background.

I saw someone speculating they could be trial captains elsewhere, but apparently there's some necklace or keychain all the trial captains wear that none of those three characters had. I haven't noticed any common accessory among trial captains but if there is, I think that would rule them out. I think the first one is a farm owner or somesuch who introduces us to Poke Ride with Mudsdale. The second seems like a sailor, maybe someone who takes us between the islands. The third one seems like she could be a Ghost-type kahuna with her appearance and the scenery in the background.

Ghost Girl's a trial Captain. She has the symbol on her head.

I still think they'll be seven big trials, but there be mini trials throughout the game. We could have more though. Seven's a odd fit. As that would mean there's 4 on the second island, one on the first, and either 2 on the 3rd island or one on the 3rd island and 1 on the fourth. Which leaves most of the last two islands empty almost as there'd be no story reasons to explore them. Unless trials are all the way at the end of the island.

• Global Mods

Ghost Girl's a trial Captain. She has the symbol on her head.

I still think they'll be seven big trials, but there be mini trials throughout the game. We could have more though. Seven's a odd fit. As that would mean there's 4 on the second island, one on the first, and either 2 on the 3rd island or one on the 3rd island and 1 on the fourth. Which leaves most of the last two islands empty almost as there'd be no story reasons to explore them. Unless trials are all the way at the end of the island.

What/where is the head symbol? I looked at the trial captains' heads and didn't see a symbol.

I doubt she actually will because she doesn't like intensive spriting.

I don't however, doubt her creativity. If she really had an idea as to what Battle Bond pokemon would fit - she wouldn't ask for anyone's permission.

If she's anything like me, the whole battle bond concept would seem stupid to her.

• Global Mods

So I saw a list of version exclusives for SM. It doesn't contain Pokemon leaked from the datamine so I figured it was okay to post here.

Turtornator (Sun)/Drampa (Moon)
Mankey & Primeape (Sun)/Makuhita & Hariyama (Moon)
Petlil & Lilligant (Sun)/Cottonee & Whimsicott (Moon)
Passimian (Sun)/Oranguru (Moon)
Lycanroc Midday (Sun)/Lycanroc Night (Moon)
East Shellos & Gastrodon (Sun)/West Shellos & Gastrodon (Moon)
Rufflet & Braviary (Sun)/Vullaby & Mandibuzz (Moon)
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff & Wigglytuff (Sun)/Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (Moon)
Solgaleo (Sun)/Lunala (Moon)

EDIT: Why is the spoiler box open on both show and hide???
Edited by mde2001
Fixed the spoiler issue for you

The starter fival evolution stages has official revealed!

The Grass starter is known in Japan as Junaibaa, the Fire as Gaogaen and the Water as Asirene

Edit: And apparently someone's getting fired, cause the reveal was removed (it was about TCG theme decks with the starters)

Edited by pyrromanis

• Global Mods

Trailer

Was not expecting that type change for Rowlet's final evo. Sparkling Aria's curing burn effect seems only useful in doubles with an ally who has Water Absorb, or against an opponent with Guts and/or Facade. Otherwise it seems like it's helping the enemy. I'm still picking Popplio, though. Nothing can change that.

Also wasn't expecting those typings for the guardians. I assumed they'd be the same typings as Oricorio, but I think I like this even more. lol @ "the field got weird!" XD The z-move is cool. I'm guessing it's Fairy type since they all share it.

I like the outfit of the girl at the top right where the workers talk about making a Pokemon League.

CYNTHIA IS BACK :D

I did not see the that typing for Rowlett's final evolution. Grass and Ghost seems kind of awesome, but now it is really hard to decide which one I want. Also the guardian Pokemon look cool too, but now it makes me think that they are legendary. Which stinks because I wanted Tapu Koko on my team, and was hoping he was like Rotom, but it looks like he is more like Mespit.

And finishing up that video...

Oh my Gloom, Red is back to challenge us, and he looks OLDER! The trainers matured and become even more powerful. This is awesome. I hope that Red and Blue are like a final boss for the game. And Nintendo better make that battle hard. I want to be gnashing my teeth as I fight two legendary trainers.

This is pretty cool. I can see the where the dark typing makes sense with Incineroar now. It look like a criminal.

Grass/Ghost is unexpected but not bad. Primarina's type was obvious from the get go.

Favourite part is the Tapu Z move and the trainer's face

P8zeFDY.png

YES YES KILL THEM ALL!!!

Also the revival of the original Pokemon Master is great.

I can't wait to see play this now.

Edited by DerogatoryTrainer
  • Upvote 2

sigh, Incineroar making a pokemon look like a fighting type (including the belt), have a clearly a fighting related move but then making it a dark type, technicalities. Not cool. Honestly what's their deal with that? The ghost typing of decodueye is quite suprising but his signature move is certainly the best. Primarina, heals the burn of he target really? I suppose it has synergy with toxic and the sandcastle and that is it. The guardians are certainly cool, they have a nice mask theme and a z-move unique for them is quite nice. The fact that they all set the field might indicate to a bit more challenge. That psychic field also prevented sucker punch which is quite interesting. Cosmog is cool and every aloan persian I catch will be named Tom (if I ever catch one because butt ugly). And now Cynthia Hyyyype (oh red and blue are here too). The inclusion of Wally might include some other "rivals" which I'm not too fond of like Barry and Hugh.

As much as I am really amazed by Rowlet's final evolution and its Grass/Ghost type, I am proud to say I am definitely choosing Litten like I was going to originally. Fire/Dark? Hell yeah, we're about to make a Mono-Dark team! Popplio's final typing was obvious, Water/Fairy and all.

And CYNTHIA returning?! IN FULL 3D FORM?! EXPAND DONG, I AM ON THE HYPE TRAIN!!! <3 <3 <3 If ALL of the Champions make an appearance, I will forever be satisfied. Making our own league?! Let's put Cynthia at the TOP, because out of everybody, she was definitely the most challenging and DESERVED to be Champion.

I'm surprised that Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini aren't Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy, but eh, their Pokedexes fit with why that's the case.

Alolan Persian though, holy shit. I'm definitely getting one in Pokemon Moon.

And what the hell is COSMOG?! Hear me out, this just SCREAMS Aether is bad. Hell, we saw Aether's battle logo a couple days ago! Looks familiar? It looks just like a villain's logo! Aether is evil, and Alola is in trouble!

Red and Blue returning though.... I'm especially hyped for that. Battling two legendary trainers is DEFINITELY going to be worth it in the end.

My only concern is why? Why would Gamefreak reveal so much information such as the starter final evolutions AND the rest of the Tapus? Why would they reveal part of what appears to be the post story too? It's as if they want to spoil us to death. The starters is understandable, because we have been speculating for MONTHS about it, and after that whole datamine, I guess Gamefreak decided to finally reveal them to us. But the Tapus? The Battle Tree? All of this could have been revealed on November 1st or around then, but I'm just surprised they revealed them so soon. That's just my take on it. Regardless, I am hyped, and I'm ALREADY going to set up my team. LET'S GO!

Did definitely not expect that type change with Rowlet. I LOVE it! It doesn't really look like a ghost type, though. They could've made it's face a little more sinister looking so it'd fit better. Starter choice confirmed, hundred percently.

• Global Mods

sigh, Incineroar making a pokemon look like a fighting type (including the belt), have a clearly a fighting related move but then making it a dark type, technicalities. Not cool. Honestly what's their deal with that? The ghost typing of decodueye is quite suprising but his signature move is certainly the best. Primarina, heals the burn of he target really? I suppose it has synergy with toxic and the sandcastle and that is it. The guardians are certainly cool, they have a nice mask theme and a z-move unique for them is quite nice. The fact that they all set the field might indicate to a bit more challenge. That psychic field also prevented sucker punch which is quite interesting. Cosmog is cool and every aloan persian I catch will be named Tom (if I ever catch one because butt ugly). And now Cynthia Hyyyype (oh red and blue are here too). The inclusion of Wally might include some other "rivals" which I'm not too fond of like Barry and Hugh.

Incineroar is apparently based on a type of wrestler that's fond of using dirty tricks (I think they're called heels), so it fits. I expect it to get Foul Play because of this.

Grass/Ghost typing isn't really the best typing but I hope it gets great stats. Im more hyped about water/fairy and I hope its as good as the other water/fairy type we all know and love :]. I guess we should have expected fire/dark after we got fire/fighting and fire/psychic lol [Gen 8 fire/fairy confirmed??]

Incineroar is apparently based on a type of wrestler that's fond of using dirty tricks (I think they're called heels), so it fits. I expect it to get Foul Play because of this.

Still does't take away that they choose for another fighting related fire starter, the second wrestler to boot.

Edited by FairFamily

They obviously wanted to make another Fire/Fighting starter and changed it at the last moment when people got upset. Now (for the first time after gen 1) i'll probably go with the Grass one because Ghost is awesome (still hoping for a split evo for the starters).

Red? Is that really him? His new design isn't "threatening", gone are the sharp eyes and aggressive pose, i just don't like it...he reminds me of that one kid i played videogames with long ago but then he stopped and became all "adult-like".

- WHA-WHAT. GHOST. DECIDUEYE. WHAT. THE GAME CHANGER. THE WHAT....WHAT. NO! DAMN IT GAME FREAK. I THOUGHT I KNEW WHAT I WANTED. I THOUGHT. THAT MOVE THOUGH!....WHAT THE....OH MY GOODNESS. WHY. WHAT.

...*sigh* Incinaroar is still cool - but Rowlett's line is definitely still trying to be considered. One of you kind souls would trade me a Rowlett later, right?

---

- I don't see the problem with Incinaroar being a Firefighter or even resembling one. It's actually much better done than Emboar in comparison when it comes to it's wrestler appearance.

I also like how the website actually indicates that it's a Pokemon that is disliked. It reads that Incinaroar sometimes attacks opposing trainers. It also has the strange contrast in that it enjoys praise from children to big crowds, and when the crowd watching it fight isn't on their feet it begins to fight poorly (or because it's based on a heel, cheaply.) I actually think Darkest Lariat is a pretty great move too - it's a physical move that ignores stat changes - meaning it could bypass speed and defense gains. That might actually give Incinaroar some competitive value higher than NU.

It will most likely come down to whatever hidden ability it has. I wouldn't be surprising if it got Moxie since it enjoys pleasing crowds (and fainting the opposing Pokemon does that) or Intimidate due to it's supposedly fearsome appearance and heel nature.

---

Primarina is pretty interesting. Sparking Aria - it's special move - is a special type move and NOT a utility move. That means that it still does damage....right? Water type moves (as I'm assuming Sparkling Aria is) are good moves to have a damage causing attack with status healing in because of abilities like Water Absorb - that heal the target.

This makes Sparkling Aria useful in double battles............depending on who you use. I'm not going to be spending too mind time defending our Siren infleunced Water starter. It's my least favorite and it doesn't seem to fit my playstyle well.

---

...On the flip side though, the Water Island Guardian is pretty -and- cool looking (as is all the Tapu-mons) and OH MY GOSH is Guardian of Alola powerful looking.

I'd get a little sadistic too, if I were the trainer in that video.

---

It makes sense for Red and Blue to be dressed in summer garb and look a little relaxed because we know for sure that Alola is based off of real world Hawaii - a place that is a known summer travel spot. What doesn't make sense though - is why Cynthia is still wearing her normal all black coat-pant-suit thing. It's like a THOUSAND degrees outside lady.

(It's probably because GF has a sense of humor and knew a few other gentleman out there would notice and be disappointed.)

Anyway, back to the league. This seems to be more like Unova's Pokemon World Tournament than the actual Pokemon League - and if that's the cause, this isn't much of a spoiler save for some end-game content.