Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Imagine if Cynthia was in her clothes that she wore in Best Wishes. That would be cool! Or maybe even one of her two-piece swimsuits, but NINTENDO WOULD NEVER DO THAT.... right? Please, Gamefreak, make a scene of this in Sun and Moon <3 <3 <3

HOLY SHIT CYNTHIA! BLUE! RED! IN MODEL FORM! WE GET TO BATTLE WITH OR AGAINST THEM! Aw man, also that music that was playing while they were on screen was a nice touch. So Rowlett's final evo is really making me feel slightly sad that I'm going for Litten instead, having a ghost starter is pretty sweet. Speaking of Litten, I'm really warming up to it's final evo design, especially after that trailer and to me has the best signature move out of the alolan starters.

So, having read up some more on this new "League" here's what seems to be going down.

• Sun/Moon/Whatever the hell your name is appears to get to Alola before a Pokemon League is even constructed yet.
  • The player goes on the Island Challenge and likely deals with Ultra Beasts/Aether/Skull/etc during construction.
  • The previous champions (or at least Red, Blue, and Cynthia) arrive at Alola
  • You battle up a tree of renown trainers with some help from them as you advance.
  • You become Alola's FIRST. I repeat - FIRST Pokemon Champion.

That's pretty cool.

Hehehehe yes, yes my pretty Bwark! Rise! Become the best starter! Double advantage over the kat and only solo weakness to the birb! Rise! Rise!

Really though, the signature move is cool, hoping that is has some decent BP, at least comparable or better than Scald, cause it is the reverse of it.

Grass birb is cool, the type change was unexpected, and only somewhat unwelcome, would've been cool to have another grass flying (also is this the first time a starter has had two types and then had its secondary type changed upon evolving?). It's move is cool as well, I'm assuming it to be a ghost type move soooo? More trapping I suppose?

Fire kat, pretty much what I expected, signature move doesn't really surprise me (nor the type) considering the speculations that it is based off heel(which is now confirmed, cause lol species name). It is useful I suppose as a move, it's a stab move that essentially functions like Unaware against opposing mons but still lets you set up, which could be important depending on stat spread.

Not that it matters, Bwark! still decimates kat on type alone.

• Upvote 1

I'm a big fan of the latest trailer in general. I don't hate Incinaroar as much now I've seen it animated.

Strangely enough I thought the still images of Decidueye looked better than the animated ones.

I'm definitely picking Poplio now, I really love the way Primarina looks. The signature move looks kinda dumb, but I'm hoping it operates like smelling salts where its BP doubles if the opponent has a burn.

I'm still picking Litten. Fire/Dark makes it better imo. So for the past hour or so I have been listening to a looped version of Blue's theme that played at the end of the trailer. My hype level for these game pretty much doubled after this trailer, and I was already really excited about it

This totally means we're getting metas for Dragonite, Milotic, Volcarona and Haxorus, right?

They wouldn't seriously make a big deal of all the past champions returning and leave only half of them with mega signatures, right?

Well this is Gamefreak we're talking about here, so... We'll see.

• Veterans

This totally means we're getting metas for Dragonite, Milotic, Volcarona and Haxorus, right?

They wouldn't seriously make a big deal of all the past champions returning and leave only half of them with mega signatures, right?

Well this is Gamefreak we're talking about here, so... We'll see.

Dragonite is in the demo code and no mega model has been found for it soo.......

I don't think Cosmog is exclusively for Lunala, per say. After looking closely at the two baby-looking Pokemon, it LOOKS like Cosmog is the first of a three-evolution chain. The "Baby Solgaleo" appears to be a coccoon, like Shelgon or so. And then, depending on which version, it becomes Solgaleo or Lunala, VERY much like how Rockruff evolves based on what version it is. Sun: Solgaleo, Moon: Lunala. Only difference is that it would be a three-evolution line, like the starters. That's just my theory on it, anyway. Going from this, I still believe that Aether is directly involved with Solgaleo and Lunala. Just what the hell is Aether's goal? Immortality? We'll just have to find out!

Edited by Rosesong
Datamine spoilery things

Primarina looks much better ingame and has the water/fairy typing I hoped it would have, so while I won't be using it as a part in my main team, it does have a spot on my Fairy run and will be the Aloha starter I pick at the beginning of the game. I just wish it had a better signature move and the gender ratio matched its appearance.

Thanks to their shared Z move the Aloha Guardians remind me of the Giants from Majora's Mask

The Hype Train is going strong with with the returning trainers! I am excited for Wally, (2nd favorite character in Pokemon) Red and Cynthia. Though Red looks a bit weird. (his face looks off for some reason)

Yeah, puberty hit Red like a train....

I'll get used to it though. All legends grow old someday.

---

WHOA WHOA WHOA there's a cocoon thing that looks like it's somewhat like "baby" Solgaleo-....oh, you're talking about the datamine...or the leaks...

It's a good thing I've already seen those, but I was trying to respect those that were only here looking for "released" information on Sun and Moon. Upon further looking, I can see where that's likely.

Cosmog is definitely in the interest of the Aether Foundation.

From the website:

"This extremely rare pokemon is known to very few people in Alola. At one time, it was only to the kings of Alola and to their heirs, and it was known as "the child of the stars." The Aether Foundation is researching this unusual Pokemon, and one of the professors at the foundation recently dubbed it Cosmog."

This means that not only Aether is involved with what may eventually be the box legendaries > but that they for sure are involved with naming their possible origin Pokemon.

Furthermore, people are speculating that the noise that comes from Lillie's bag is the cry of Cosmog.

Does this have something to do with the Ultra-Beasts?

---

Eagleby, you are like the king of wishful thinking my friend. I will say though, it's astonishing that Dragonite, of those four, doesn't have a mega-evolution. I just really think Megas are hardly the "in" thing for Sun and Moon.

Mega Evolution being in the game at all was in doubt by many until recently. Seeing as everything else has been mined though, and there's no mention or proof anywhere suggesting there's ANY new Megas, I'm going to be a skeptic.

Edited by Rosesong
Mention of datamine spoiler

Can we take a moment to appreciate all the Jojo memes gen 7 has spawned? I don't think it's a coincidence, gen 7 is literally jjba. Guardian of Alola? Looks more like a stand to me. Gladion? More like glaDIOn. Not to mention all the fucking poses and mons that look like they were taken straight out of Jojo.

And finally the nail in the coffin

Edit got my edit ninja'd gdi