Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Huh, I was wrong...

Tapu Koko and the Hedgehog looks awesome!

I am the most interested in Tapu Koko. That thing looks really cool.

it doesn't look much like a hedgehog. more like a fat pachirisu with a pikachu tail and lame triangles it tries to pass off as spikes. and disappointed it is normal/electric instead of ground/electric.

I thought the fish would be water/fairy but it's water/psychic.

and yeah, tapu koko looks interesting. It's like a bird head-helmet that splits apart to reveal the body and arms.

Tbh, I am a fan of all the new 'mons, not to mention that they all have nice typings. The new presumed pika is giving Viri some company with that electric/steel typing. Drampa looks pretty cool, with an interesting type and reminds me of Falkor. Cutiefly is just that, cute with a nice type. Bruxish looks like Basculin/Lanturn/Luvdisc or Alomomola's love child with a decent typing. And I am already a huge fan of grubbin's evolutions, it's final form looks really cool, along with that nice typing.

• Global Mods

it doesn't look much like a hedgehog. more like a fat pachirisu with a pikachu tail and lame triangles it tries to pass off as spikes. and disappointed it is normal/electric instead of ground/electric.

It's Electric/Steel. You might be mixing it up with Drampa, the Normal/Dragon.

This pretty much confirms that certain pokemon will have a 5th signature evolution. It's not Zygarde's ability to trigger this.

The new pokemon look like someone was playing a bit too much with an animations application. The fish made me puke in my mouth.

If the Kokomon steals Aegislash's ability, I'm done.

Tapu Koko has an ability that instantly changes the field to Electric Terrain. It also knows a move called Nature's Fury

Drampa has an ability called Frenzy that raises Special Attack in certain cases

Bruxish has the ability Dazzle, which stops priority moves like quick attack and fake out from working.

Togedemaru has Lightningrod

Also, judging from the Japanese names, Grubbin will evolve into Charjabug which will evolve into Vikavolt

Bruxish has the ability Dazzle, which stops priority moves like quick attack and fake out from working.

Ok there's still some hope left. Now all we need is a minimalist ability that makes multi-hit moves only hit once.

Damn Vikavolt looks awesome! - he reminds me a bit of Metal-Kabuterimon from Digimon Frontier :D

I think I found my go-to Electric-type, and it being Bug/Electric, like Galvantula my favorite Electric and favorite Bug (yes, for both) makes me even happier.

also that Fish looks horrible... but it's ability is interesting

and Cutifly is... well SUPER CUTE!!! d'aaawwwwwwwwww

That they bring in an ability that changes terrain upon entering with Tapu Koko makes me think if the other 3 Guardian-Pokemon have similar abilities with other terrains (grassy terrain, misty terrain and maybe new ones)

All I'm here to say is #FoxyDrampa, the bestest grandpa dragon. Dat old man Falkor. Mister "GET OFF ME LAWN!!!" ((like if it doesn't have Hyper Voice I'mma be mad upset.)) seriously I think he's my fav Dragon of all Dragons ((possibly beating out Haxorus now for me.))... I want him already. XD

I'm now wondering jsut how Frenzy works doe... if it's off just SE hits, or in a pinch, it might be pretty sweet ((especially if you use like a rest talk set, predict their hit get low, heal up then spam Sleep Talk and destroy the world etc...)) I like the idea behind the ability and hope it's SUUUPER cool. Jsut very curious as to the activation requirement.

Drampa - looks like an old Dragonair...still better than Altaria though

Togedemaru - another Pikachu ripoff when will they stop? (if it's really a Steel type maybe i'll use one but probably not)

Vikavolt - cool but the pre-evolution is just hideous

Cutiefly - probably box forever

Bruxish - no

Tapu Koko - the only relatively interesting Pokemon of the bunch (for me)

• Upvote 1

I feel like it's pretty silly to be complaining about pikaclones at this point. It's like complaining about legendaries or early birds, it's rather silly since it's become a tradition for the series proper.

You know it's going to come, and what kind of pokemon it'll end up being, yet people still go "ur not another pikaclone make it stahp" like seriously? Even if you don't like pikaclones it shouldn't be a surprise or some great offense anymore and it's not stopping anytime soon.

• Upvote 4

So I have analyzed the video we got today and calculated base stats for pokemon whose hp totals were seen during the video. I was using the assumption of 0 ivs and evs for all the pokemon possible.

tapu koko has a min of 85 hp. i did comparisons accelgor at lvl 60 no evs, no ivs has 166 and aboma with 90 hp stat has 178 so tapu koko having 172 at lvl 60 has 85 min. if tapu koko is shown to have 85 base hp when released, it's confirmed videos show pokemon at 0 ivs and evs except for Zygarde apparently (see later in the post for why)

vikavolt has 125 hp at lvl 41. vikavolt has a base hp of 91 based on my comparisons with known pokemon and what 0 ivs and evs results in hp wise at lvl 41

bruxish has a base hp of 81 it seems. 86 hp at lvl 29.

togedemaru's base hp is 75. Aggron with lvl 30 70 base hp has 82 and accelgor has 88 lvl 30 with 80 base so 75 for the spiky hedgehog since it's 85 hp at lvl 30

the zygarde 50% shown in the video has max ivs for hp hmmm... I just figured officially out zygarde 100% hp base. it's 216 because the zygarde 50% has max hp ivs and is 108, blissey has 255 and 315 hp with 0 ivs hp and 330 with 31 hp so zygarde 100% has 216 base hp confirmed. oh the one in the video has 291 hp so take 15 away then 60 taken away and you have 216 as the base.

Hope you guys like my analysis of hp bases lol.

For my personal thoughts, I love vikavolt, tapu koko, the spiky hedgehog and Drampa. For the cutiefly, the bug/fairy typing is new I believe so that's cool.

Edited by pbood2
  • Upvote 1

the base hp calculation post on the last page got an update because I forgot to do the spiky hedgehog's base hp stat calculation.

Credit to DW for reminding me and letting me know lol.

Check it out and let me know if I did a good job :) Thanks.

I have a strange suspicion that Frenzy is a Special Moxie, the name would make sense

can't be because drampa doesn't get the special boost after killing the flygon (we don't see if it does kill it) but after being dragon clawed by it so it's like weakness policy activation mechanism.

There is also a possibility that it is some form of special-based Anger Point since it raised Drampa's special attack in a pinch.

However, it is more likely a weakness policy-ish ability since Drampa's unusual typing could take advantage of it.

I do hope it's bulky enough to reliably set-up with it's ability(more likely) or fast enough for revenge killing after switching on a super-effective move(which I highly doubt).

• Global Mods

In the trailer shown at E3 where Tapu Koko was mentioned as the guardian of the island, I assumed it was either an ancient founder of the region or a legendary Pokemon. It doesn't really seem like a legendary, but it's still cool and has an interesting ability.

Vikavolt is the first regional bug to not become either Bug/Flying or Bug/Poison (not counting Wormadam because Mothim is a branch evolution so it's still in the line), which is refreshing. It looks like it could have both Volt Switch and U-turn. Charjabug looks like a box, lol.

I've always wondered what they could do with a Normal/Dragon design. Drampa's face creeps me out but it's still cool. Maybe the condition for the Special Attack boost is getting hit by a move it's weak to? EDIT: Ninja'd by pbood on this, who posted while I was posting.

Bruxish kind of reminds me of Pot of Greed, if it were a Fish of Greed. Not sure why because the colors are completely different. I wonder if Dazzle negates the protecting moves. (Protect, Detect, etc)

Cutiefly is a cute name, and I'm interested in seeing its final form. I like the combo so I might use it.

Togedemaru sounds like a Japanese name. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a porcupine? An idea I had for a Pikaclone once was an Electric/Steel computer mouse, but Togedemaru is nice too.

• Upvote 1

can't be because drampa doesn't get the special boost after killing the flygon (we don't see if it does kill it) but after being dragon clawed by it so it's like weakness policy activation mechanism.

If it has good bulk this is even scarier