Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Never forget the leaks floating around with the supposed starter evolutions that are utter abominations

and that same leak that says the game has no league and your goal is to build one... I hope to Arceus that sh*t is fake but hey, we've yet to see a single glimpse of a gym so..

Geez, the only one of those fake evolutions I like is the Rowlet one, and barely even that. The Litten one makes it look like its head didn't even grow with the rest of it... and the Popplio one barely has any resemblance to it.

I'm with you all the way on this one.

To be honest, I'm really liking all three of their designs if they were the final evolutions. Yes, even Macho Litten. I'm honestly hoping though that it will not become a Fire/Fighting type. I'm really liking Popplio's siren evolution a lot, and I really enjoy archer Rowlet. One of the most badass designs yet.

The owl -could- grow on me if it were that, but the other 2 are so genderized and so terribad that I'd insta-hit that release button if I had to take either of them. Moreover, the wrestler theme has already been done so it's so out of place.. AND there is no logical theme that binds all 3 of them (like the RPG classes for kalos, types of nobility for unova and so on) .. unless... their theme is "freakshow" <.< :ph34r:

Wasn't there supposed to be info yesterday, Idek where that claim came from anymore

There was supposed to be info today (17/7) from pokenchi, which is a tv show aired every sunday. Unfortunately it showed us the video from Wednesday, so we got nothing new :/

Dang. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be getting us some news in the next few weeks. They've been good about that sort of thing since the Starters were revealed.

I'm not sure how many of you know this, but we're going to get some new news on the official website in about 30 minutes. I'm assuming it's just going to be what was revealed in corocoro last week along with a description on the new abilities. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.

I actually like all of the new pokemon, especially the horse. The only problem I have with them is that comfey is pure fairy and not fairy/grass.

Some of these abilities are pretty good though

Disguise is essentially a free substitute or switch in. They even gave it to a pokemon that has a pretty good typing

Triage give priority to restoring moves. This obviously applies to moves like recover and moonlight, but I wonder if it will also work with attacking moves like giga drain and draining kiss

Stamina boosts defense every time the pokemon takes damage

Wimp Out is shown as the pokemon running away if its hp is below half, but in a trainer battle it will swap out for another pokemon. So its kind of like an eject button. I'm not really sure how good it will be in battle

Fluffy is basically fur coat, but the pokemon takes double damage from fire movers

Edited by Lucky1998

Well the marketing for this game has been... Interesting to say the least. By this time for X and Y they had revealed the starter's second forms, the first like, five gyms, the evil team, Pokemon Amie, riding on Pokemon, Super Training, Mega Evolution, and the game's place on the timeline.

For these games we get a bunch of random Pokemon and a trailer that indirectly confirms some things from X andY are still there.

• Global Mods

I hope Wimpod evolves into something strong that keeps its Bug/Water typing.

I approve of the Bewear pun. I assumed Fluffy would be a special version of Fur Coat, but I guess this makes sense.

I can't really tell what Bounsweet is. It kind of looks like an acorn/coconut hybrid?

A lei Pokemon fits perfectly for Hawaii. I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen anyone (including me) consider it before after seeing Alola was based on Hawaii.

I wonder if Stamina only applies to physical attacks, or both physical and special. Either way, Mudsdale will be a physical tank.

The only problem I have with them is that comfey is pure grass and not fairy/grass.

Comfey is Fairy.

EDIT: nvm you edited that while I was posting

It pretty much has a substitute from the get go. And depending on if its stats are any good, we just might actually be able to set up with it. However, one thing to watch out for is the multi-hit moves.

Well the marketing for this game has been... Interesting to say the least. By this time for X and Y they had revealed the starter's second forms, the first like, five gyms, the evil team, Pokemon Amie, riding on Pokemon, Super Training, Mega Evolution, and the game's place on the timeline.

For these games we get a bunch of random Pokemon and a trailer that indirectly confirms some things from X andY are still there.

I'd rather have them not reveal everything like they did with ORAS. So we have some things that take us by surprise by the time the game is in our hands.

I'm amazed that BOTTLE CAPS of all things is what we need to raise our Pokemons' IVs... And raising that hasn't been possible before until now.

BUT WAIT! Who do we know that collects bottle caps?

THIS GUY.

DP253.jpg

That's right, our boy. Since the beginning, he's been obsessed with bottle caps, and is an avid collector. This man was collecting bottle caps BEFORE they were cool. And now that they actually have a meaning, guess who's gonna be training his Pokemon for the team? He is. Maybe now we'll see more intense fights. Speaking of which, when will his Pokemon evolve?

• Upvote 4

Bewear is a great name, and I guess fluffy is good, though the added fire weakness is kind of lame admittedly. Basically a discount fur coat.

bountisweet is our generic early grass-mon. It's cute enough but obvious that it's evo will determine its worth. I feel like grass types are better judged in their whole line as their visual progression plays a key part in their designs, probably moreso than any other type aside from bug.

The loa mon is rather neat and is perfect for the region. But it definitely suffers the florges effect and that it's pure fairy as opposed to grass/fairy...i guess competitively pure fairy is better but it certainly feels like it should be part grass. At first I thought it evolved from bountisweet.

Wimpod is hilarious. FINALLY another bug/water and I'll be interested in seeing what it evolves into.

The horse is badass, and sounds like he has a cool ability, especially if his defense is actually good as opposed to most equine pokemon who rather unfittingly have low defense. I'm hoping his stats can put his ability to good use. And holy crap it's 8'2 and weighs 2000 pounds? Sounding good. I bet it's special defense will suck though, and lack of recovery will probably hurt it.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Hyper Training is probably the one feature I am most excited about in this game.

Pokemon has always been about "loving and forming strong bonds with your Pokemon" - and the only way to do that is to beat the game with a team and then box them forever while you breed OTHER Pokemon to compete against your friends with. What ends up happening here is that your story team ...never quite makes it up to par and you end abandoning the "form strong bonds with your Pokemon" mantra once you get through the game once in favor of filling your boxes with milions of subpar breeding results until you find the right Pokemon - or you cheat and 'gotta 'Sav 'em all.'

Hyper Training allows for people to fix most of the deficiencies within their Pokemon that they make memories with throughout the story to make them competitively viable both in Individual Values and Effort Values. It allows you to use that Rowlett or Litten or....whatever the heck that water starter is from the beginning of the game against your friends 6 IV Garchomp without being at a statistical disadvantage - and it's a method that stack up against that person who clearly used PokeSav shamelessly.

HT doesn't seem to be the end all best way however. Egg Moves will become the main reason people should breed - but so long as there are TMs (and hopefully Tutors) perhaps the competitive landscape becomes even EASIER to access for more and more trainers - while enabling the ones that started our journey with us to join the group.

• Upvote 1

This has been one of my favourite announcements so far. Most of the pokemon are pretty solid looking, there are some interesting, and potentially really good, abilities to try out. Hyper training looks fun too!

I'm guessing Wimpod is going to evolve into something stronger that doesn't have wimp out.
Bounsweet is really cute!

I'd prefer Comfey to be grass/ fairy, but it looks alright.

Musdale looks pretty nice, albeit a little odd.

Mimikyu looks cute as well, and I really like the ability.

Bewear looks alright...