We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serra and I have only spoken in training and passing so I don't know the actor that well (although she is gorgeous, like dayum).... but as a character, I think she has one of the more cohesive themes in the game (speaking in terms of type/personality/how that shows up in battle). Unfortunately, that hasn't translated into a particularly interesting role in the story, but I'll see what I can do for her.

Gorgeous?

H-how gorgeous?

(Nah I don't expect you to link to a picture of her, you're more considerate than that)

I think if Serra were to become more important in the story, she would come to the realization that "my mirror may have become irreparably cracked and tarnished, but that doesn't mean I should stand idly by and allow others' to do the same. I will use every ounce of my ability to retrieve my son."

My logic is that Serra follows the mindset that "a mirror, like ice, can no longer be perfect once it cracks." However, she can do her best to prevent new cracks from surfacing, both in herself and others (such as Bennett).

Indeed, the mirror of Reborn may have its cracks, but she can do her part to ensure that new ones (e.g. Team Meteor) don't form.

Edited by Foamy

• Global Mods

Gorgeous?

H-how gorgeous?

(Nah I don't expect you to link to a picture of her, you're more considerate than that)

I think if Serra were to become more important in the story, she would come to the realization that "my mirror may have become irreparably cracked and tarnished, but that doesn't mean I should stand idly by and allow others to do the same. I will use every ounce of my ability to retrieve my son."

My logic is that Serra follows the mindset that "a mirror, like ice, can no longer be perfect once it cracks." However, she can do her best to prevent new cracks from surfacing, both in herself and others (such as Bennett).

Indeed, the mirror of Reborn may have its cracks, but she can do her part to ensure that new ones (e.g. Team Meteor) don't form.

E15's Gossip Gardevoir interview had GG telling Serra about Bennett's involvement with Team Meteor and she said she was going after him, so that might come up in the future.

Are shiny pokemon icons on the works?

I don't think they are, but I'm no longer on the Dev Team, so while I can't say for sure, it's a pretty safe assumption the answer is no.

I'm not an expert on shiny Pokemon so I don't even know if gen III (I think 5 did) even had shiny sprites for the overworld Pokemon. I mean if someone wants to sprite all 800+ (could potentially be 900 since Gen VII is going to be a thing) icon sprites for EVERY single Pokemon I'm sure someone around here would be willing to put them in the game. Just my oppinion that it isn't worth a hassle for such a minor thing that requires a huge workload. I mean if it were easy to implement it could be turned into a community project, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It wouldn't be difficult to implement really if you means like coding it. The only difficult part is the spriting recoloring. So many.

E15's Gossip Gardevoir interview had GG telling Serra about Bennett's involvement with Team Meteor and she said she was going after him, so that might come up in the future.

I'm aware. That interview also influenced what I wrote in the post above.

It wouldn't be difficult to implement really if you means like coding it. The only difficult part is the spriting recoloring. So many.

Actually, its already implemented in-game as long as you name the image files correctly. I had actually done it with a few mons already.

I kind of figured that, but since I'm not a super experienced game maker, I didn't want to say that it could easily be done when it could be tricky or tedious. And I know that it's a lot of sprites that need to be recolored which is why I don't think it's been worked on (given all the other additions going into the game right now).

Oth, this is probably something better to do through a PM to Ame than asking a question here since that's a really good question and I definitely understand your position. I can't really answer whether or not it is being worked on or will be since all I do is modding. Mostly because I was tired of people whining about nerfs and horrible double AI in Reborn.

• Administrators

well i mean that since, as i see the sprite making is some time consuming job, you could choose an easier route in converting some sugimori arts you find to your liking, to a more pixelous form compatible with your rpg maker.

That's uh... unfortunately that's just really not how it works.

Not if we want it to be done well, anyway.

Is that boy ever going to realise that his Pidove didn't become a Powerful Staraptor? Is his family going to hide the truth for ever?

I assume he's going to train it and evolve it, since he is obviously interested in its supposed final form...

It will always be a Staraptor, in his heart.

Where did Sigmund get all his goons?

Although Sigmund's methods are questionable, most of his employees are hardly anything out of the ordinary. They probably applied like any other job. In fact I basically work as an orderly at my day job... night job. Whatever.

Some of his employees will end up being recruited by Team Meteor (we've already seen John) but that was their choice after being offered a deal by Team Meteor separately. Sigmund himself had less to do with that, aside from the original connection to them.

Was Victoria's crush on Cal a real thing that happened in the League?

Also, will that lady in Peridot's tiny patch of grass who gives us an incense appear again?

Yep. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought to put it in. i don't remember the details though.

Most memorable* NPCs will probably return somewhere**, whether or not it's obvious that it's them.

* entirely subjective

** also not a promise

Are shiny pokemon icons on the works?

heh im a little slow here huh

I'm not an expert on shiny Pokemon so I don't even know if gen III (I think 5 did) even had shiny sprites for the overworld Pokemon. I

To be clear, icons are what appears in your party menu/pc-- not the overworld sprites.

heh im a little slow here huh

It's alright. ^_^

After all, if I hadn't asked here, I wouldn't have gathered the impression that I could/should PM the game's creator for such a thing (without having my head figuratively bitten off).

Will Shelly ever name a pokemon after the player? (Could change on gender, and for NB protags Shedinja could be used)

Will we ever see Bugsy, whether it be for interaction between he and Shelly or otherwise?

What programs are used for animation, or are the images static and animated in RMXP?

What programs are used for the music composed?

Do you think a person could make a pokemon fangame/romhack as elaborate as this alone? I guess is really depends on circumstances like school/work/family/emergencies/etc

Edited by Kagamine

Will Shelly ever name a pokemon after the player? (Could change on gender, and for NB protags Shedinja could be used)

This might be possible, but would be fairly difficult to do. Shelly does have one unnamed Pokemon, being Illumise, which you could think is supposed to represent you, idk.

This might be possible, but would be fairly difficult to do. Shelly does have one unnamed Pokemon, being Illumise, which you could think is supposed to represent you, idk.

It's possible though, like how rival teams change on your starter. The pokemon could depend on the protags gender.

Do you code from scratch, like are some things codes you did yourself? I'm trying to think of how to say this (pardon if it's confusing, I'm confusing myself)

But like, if you want to put in contests and there isn't an available source code for it, how do you go about that? Do you edit codes you already have or make it from scratch?

(If these make no sense, I have no coding experience so I don't know how to word things)

You guys have a lot of interesting stuff in reborn that I haven't seen in pokemon games previously, like field effects. You guys have put a lot of work into this game and it really shows.

Edited by Kagamine

It's possible though, like how rival teams change on your starter. The pokemon could depend on the protags gender.

Do you code from scratch, like are some things codes you did yourself? I'm trying to think of how to say this (pardon if it's confusing, I'm confusing myself)

But like, if you want to put in contests and there isn't an available source code for it, how do you go about that? Do you edit codes you already have or make it from scratch?

(If these make no sense, I have no coding experience so I don't know how to word things)

You guys have a lot of interesting stuff in reborn that I haven't seen in pokemon games previously, like field effects. You guys have put a lot of work into this game and it really shows.

To be honest, unless the script command \PN works in the PBS file, which I highly doubt (I'm not an expert coder), it's not possible to nickname the Illumise to the player. The reason she has an Illumise is that it's one of her aces (similar to how Lunatone and Solrock are Hardy's), but i don't think it had a name. More importantly, how would it make sense for a female Pokemon to have a male name. I don't get why people think it'd be a cool, or even a smart idea even if it were possible.

As for the whole rival thing, that's a whole different story. It involves 3 different trainers which a certain one is chosen based on which starter is chosen through branches. So if you fight a rival 3 times, there'd be 9 teams in total, but you'd only see 3 of them. It's really easy to make and basic structure if you're wondering.

• Administrators

What do you expect from the next gen of Pokemon games?

Misery and despair.

And some cute stuff.

Idk, I saw some interview question a while ago from some high ranking nintendo dude that said they wanted to dial back on the complexity of the game a bit, which I'm really worried is going to mean drastic changes or cutting a lot of stuff out. Between that and the yawnfest that was X and Y, I don't have high expectations.

Is Titania pronounced Ti-tan-ia or Ti-tayn/tain-ia?

I pronounce it tih-TAWN-ya but I don't think she was ever asked when she was around which way was correct.

Will we ever see Bugsy, whether it be for interaction between he and Shelly or otherwise?

What programs are used for animation, or are the images static and animated in RMXP?

What programs are used for the music composed?

Do you think a person could make a pokemon fangame/romhack as elaborate as this alone? I guess is really depends on circumstances like school/work/family/emergencies/etc

Shelly- As was alluded to, it's unfortunately not possible due to technical limitations. If it were possible she -totally- would, as she was known to name some of her pokemon after challengers even in the online league.

Bugsy- nope

Animations- RMXP animates them from a sheet of graphic cells. There's an animation editor built into RMXP, but we use one tailored to Pokemon games that's built into Essentials. For handling the graphics, we use Graphics Gale.

Music- For composition, I use Fruity Loops. For editing music/sounds, I use GoldWave.

Development- Given enough time, absolutely. I mean, Reborn is mostly my work. Until Episode 9 (so, through Noel) I was working entirely alone. And until E13 (through Charlotte) I was still the only one directly working on the project. Presently I still handle almost everything but I've outsourced stuff like scripting and animations for the sake of time. Even if I was the only one working on this, it could still be done, as the only thing I wouldn't have eventually been able to do myself would have been some of the new script features coming in E16 (as scripting is not my strong suit).

That's not to talk myself up or dismiss others' contributions as they've been a great help and will probably save some ridiculous number of months in the end, but the point is that you're asking if it's possible-- but it's pretty much already a thing. If I can do it, you can do it.

I usually do not code from scratch since like I said, that's my weak point. I can never remember syntax and stuff so I pretty much just copy paste and edit. That said, most of what I need to do (such as field effects) is just edits anyway, so that's fine. There are some things coded from scratch coming in the next episode and done by Kuro, such as the updated weather system.

In a case like contests, you'd probably have to write a section and method for it yourself, yes. And then other code would have to be edited to tie it all together.

Will you change the learnset of some Gen V and VI Pokémon to be able to learn Rock Climb (and Whirlpool, if that stupid HM makes a return) via TMX (aside from those who already learn it via level-up), or will you stick strictly to the HG/SS (currently canon) learnsets for these moves?

Maybe the newly rebuilt city will give us some better move tutors. In all honesty, it's about time we get access to some slightly better TMs and tutor moves; logic dictates that we get more than Incinerate and Smack Down as we progress beyond our Lv70s, even in a sadis--I mean, challenging game like Reborn.

While I can expect the Circus tutors to remain unchanged, I wonder what happened to the old Seventh Street tutors though; In fact, I'd like to see what happens to Seventh Street itself. Would the new, squeaky-clean city continue to have a dirty, hobo-ridden drug hole? Will it be closed down? Will our buddies in the Aqua Gang (or magma gang if you made that poorer choice) have brought the place to heel, and organized it into a grey market of sorts that actually runs properly? Or will the player's double-association with both sides of the law come to a head, when we have to help either our Growlithe-giving police friends or our favourite Carvanha pals?

So many theories! Blame me for idle speculation, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this. I'd enjoy it even more if Ame would give us a scyther--I mean, WHAT? I said nothing.