The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Reborn - Season 4 Finale : Battle of the Bastards

DerogatoryTrainer

We're sorry you were left to rot in the second page of Team Showcases.

Also, to answer your reply: I find the Gardevoir line highly overrated and I dislike how it has become peoples "waifu" even though it can be male as well. I will also confirm that no, I don't find Fern charming.

what's even more unsettling is the amount of human x gardevoir fanfics that exist out there...

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, none of the fanfic writers are forcing you at gun point to read them, so you could just ignore them.

i do ignore them. but the sheer amount of that very specific fetish that i noticed while i was searching for fics to read, left a mark in my mind

i do ignore them. but the sheer amount of that very specific fetish that i noticed while i was searching for fics to read, left a mark in my mind

People are attracted to toasters, don't put too much thought into people's fetishes... It gets...toasty.

Welp I just watched the episode with the Absol event

I thought that soft-resetting for any reason (like avoiding deaths or resetting encounters) was against Nuzlocke rules?

NickCrash already addressed the Sheer Force + Life Orb interaction, so I don't need to reiterate that.

Edited by Foamy

Ah been away for too long, lots to catch up on, but I loved the Q & A post. I was tempted to ask many more questions, though for the sake of your sanity and the viewers I guess its better I didn't

In response to your remark about beating the record for most replies:

Episode 1 to current: Hit like button, no Smash it through the screen There, beaten. Now what do I win?

Now to go through the latest episode :P

Wow, you sure yelled alot in this episode.

I guess I do see your points. Heather is really strange that way, not using her Pokémon more to defend herself.

I actually like Shelly, but her questioning everything is very irritating. Also, she acts like every question she has is way more important than it really is.

Cal ... I'm mixed here. I both like him and dislike him. Maybe it's because some parts of his character remind me of myself.

I COMPLETELY forgot to comment on Blakes magazines. Haha, glad my comment was useful to you!

Edited by Lilleen

Blern... Amazing. That's my new name for Blake. Blern.

... Is it wrong I'm hoping to see you rip into Titania after you get waterfall? >> I'd make my own ranty nuzlocke but I'm way too bad at this game. Maybe just a regular playthrough with commentary.

Happy one year anniversary! For what little that means

Wait why the fuck am I talking about this like it's a Meteor dating sim?

Hot new spinoff of pokemon reborn! date all your favorite members of this terrorist organization! etc

Edited by YinYang9705

My friend made me read this and I have absolutely no regrets. I think I'ma stick around.
Everyone in this household is sleeping and I'm losing my shit over "Blern".

"And you do realize that the majority of Team Meteor are men right? [...] (Still don't know what the fuck Zel is so we'll leave it out.)"

Well I mean, Eve and Lumi are female, he'd just have to look past the part where the body they're stuck in isn't. But who knows, maybe he's into that.

"There's always Fern I guess but your standards have to be really low to consider him."

#Blern

"how the FUCK do they get the funding for this shit"

Sometimes they go from door to door and sell cookies. Like the girl scouts, except the cookies are awful.

Ametrine was really just a test to see if starving people would boost the sales.

"...Is Cain...secretly a member of Team Meteor?
Either that or he's woefully incompetent."

You're saying that like these things are mutually exclusive.

At the end of the day, I'm always glad to see others being just as bothered by heather being E4.

Edited by Ama

yeah I feel you the butterfingers things with the player character gets on my nerves too

I legit did not comprehend the part about her being in the elite four until I saw it on your reaction locke and ive played that part recently

Sean you can't set everything on fire, it doesn't solve problems in a healthy way

Blasphemy! Fire is the best way to solve one's problems in life. That and explosions. ...But you should check if said things are important to the plot before you burn them and/or blow them up. Which the kid wanting a pidove in exchange for an amber in this case isn't.

Let's be honest here: Heather's neither the first nor only strong trainer in this game to get kidnapped somehow. And I doubt the kidnappings are gonna stop after we eventually get around to saving Aya.

Remember when Laura, who was still a member of the Elite 4 at that point, got captured? Yeah, you could blame it on her Lilligant, but Saphira would have been kidnapped instead of Laura if you battled Sirius in the Yureyu building and stay downstairs(I think) when the Meteors come a-kidnappin' later on. Never fought Sirius in the Yureyu building(because leaving Heather with the creepy dude in the lab coat didn't seem right), so I have no clue how that happens. I can't tell which of these situations is more ridiculous.

And Florinia and Amaria were captured by the first PULSE Tangrowth. The same Amaria who was previously noted to be a high ranking gym leader and had a ridiculously high level Lapras that one time you see her battle, and she gets bested by a Tangrowth that's most likely only 1 third of her level at that point(I mean, this game used to have an inexplicable giant forest leading up to the PULSE Tangrowth that splits up into branching paths which close off after Amaria and Florinia ditch you to go down these paths, so it's more believable that Amaria gets caught, but now they both just walk up offscreen, scream, and you walk up like 7 steps to see them being choked by vines. Way to turn a serious moment into a comical one, Ame).

Also, Anna, because she's either elite 4 or champion and was also stuck in the aforementioned Yureyu building, getting robbed of her macguffin of doom.

Jesus, I never quite realised just how much this game liked having us save people who should be perfectly capable of either staying out of these kinds of situations or saving themselves until I thought about it while writing this.

Edit: Also, I'm not sorry for leaving this thread to rot on the 2nd page.

Edited by Captain Breakfast

One year huh time sure flies when you're having...fun? I'm glad you didn't quit (i almost did after the scene with Blake) maybe you'll actually get to the Elite 4 (to battle the "mighty" Heather).

First it was fake Gardevoir and i thought well maybe it's stronger because it's a Pokemon then it was Charlotte and i thought well maybe we didn't expect it because she's our "friend" but the third time really pissed me off, i'm really tired of this stupid (and overused) plot device even more because it has no explanation whatsoever (it would make sense if we were a 10 year old child but that is not the case).

Heather an E4? Hahahahahah ehm quoting GLADoS: it would be funny if it weren't so sad. When Blake locked her up i thought she couldn't escape because her Pokemon were somehow (probably with magic) taken away from her but then came the scene with the door and i learned that for some reason only a Dragonite can tear down massive metal doors...the more you know.

7fgMucqm.png - I like your Photoshopping skills here. You really captured the mood

"NEED I REMIND EVERYONE THAT HE JOINED A TERRORIST GROUP FOR THE STUPIDEST REASON IMAGINABLE???" - Need I remind you that you traveled to Ametrine for the stupidest reason imaginable? That's how the story goes. Just remember "It was Team Meteor"

"Ah it's fine. I'm sure Cain filled everyone in." - Actually that was Victoria. You can see where this is going.

"Is Cain...secretly a member of Team Meteor?" - Conspiracy theory time. Corey was a member of Team Meteor. He trained poison types. Cain was also a gym leader that trained poison types. Heather is Corey's daughter. Cain is jealous of Corey and is trying to get his daughter killed. Maybe Cain and Aya are Corey's first family that we never heard of. DUN DUN DUN

Also, the speculation thread has decided that Heather is Flying type, not Dragon type. Also, I bet that door was amplified by a PULSE. Like a PULSE Forretress or someshit.

Also, the speculation thread has decided that Heather is Flying type, not Dragon type. Also, I bet that door was amplified by a PULSE. Like a PULSE Forretress or someshit.

The door was pretty much frozen. And also, Salamence is bad with Ice/in ice

It's not the speculation thread that decided Heather is a Flying type trainer - that's what she's been in the Reborn League. ^^

The only league trainers who got slight type changes so far are Cain and Fern giving up their monotypes for the sake of their role as rivals, and Noel keeping his Clefable because it's important to him and just so happened to lose its Normal typing in Gen 6.

And (E15 spoilers)

Ciel is just cheating with Mega Altaria

about the salamence door, maybe e4 brat tried to defend herself, but blake used ice shard boosted with the field and got the best of her, and maybe her salamance was the only mon with her and she didn't have healing items + locked in the cold her weakend mence had to stay in the ball until she was sure to destroy the door (with bug heather for example) , she might be a brat but her mon's safety is priority (get it like ice shard ... ok am out)

Edited by webobo