[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arclight might be the reserve electric leader but I don't see why even if Julia dies her badge would be invalidated. It might be possible that we have to break into his club for something about team meteor. The picture that Ame posted did look something like a backroom.

Edited by DarkRings

I have no clue who Arclight is. Should I be worried or happy or?? I've heard mentions of the reborn league and that there were people irl and stuff. Other than that I'm in the dark. Can anyone explain this?

Basically he, like all the other gym leaders, were based off of the characters in the real life Reborn league. According to everyone else here, he was the 3rd season electric gym leader (after julia and sigmund, yes?).

In the Reborn game, you can actually only meet him via sidequests thus far, which would explain why you've not met him. Basically, he runs the Reborn Nightclub in North Obsidia Ward. Also, after you buy all of the shady black market guy's Pokemon for sale, he'll also congratulate you and give you a lucky egg.

How he ties into this episode though, I have no idea. Guess we'll just have to see.

Well to honest Ame I don't really have a problem with Mega Ring being moved up as long as we get it before the final fight with the mysterious leader of Team Meteor, or at the very least before the post game. As for the battle with Arclight? I don't really care, I'm more excited to be finally allowed entrance into the nightclub. However if we have to battle Arclight because Julia died and we need to reaffirm our badge I will be ticked off. Not only is this killing off a awesome, funny character but doing so to needlessly pad out the game is really stupid.

That definitely is not the night club. If you think it's the night club, you've never been to a night club (though that one isn't too farfetched from what the real one looks like). The thing about the night club is that it's for post game which has been said many times before on earlier releases of the game. That's really not to take note there. Also Julia doesn't have to die for her badge to be invalidated and we have to battle Arclight to validate it. Just saying it's a possibility.

While you can't see the full thing, there's enough hard evidence that this is a battlefield. Since I doubt that's the orphanage one, we can only assume that this is a new location. It's also very peculiar that Ame would also reveal something like this as a teaser. It could be part of the main plot (since well Arclight is nonexistant more or less until now) or part of a sidequest such as the magikarp one though again, odd place for a sidequest in what looks like an official stadium and definitely suits Arclight.

• Supporter

Reborn/Ame conspiracy theory talk under the spoiler (and some actual story spoiling content)

Okay, so... this has been bugging me for a little bit, and I'm probably just being slightly crazy/paranoid. But... let's look at the full set of badges directly from the Reborn game.

FdYxvx0.png

Going from left to right, top to bottom:

1. Julia
  2. Florinia
  3. Shelly
  4. Shade
  5. Aya
  6. Serra
  7. Noel
  8. Radomus
  9. Luna
  10. Samson
  11. Charlotte
  12. Terra
  13. Ciel

We then have five others. Two of them are fairly obvious. The third to last is a geode of some sort, so the Rock type badge. The last is a waterfall, so Water type.

This would leave us with Steel, Fairy, and Dragon as our remaining gyms. The last three unaccounted for badges are also, very... esoteric? They can't be easily attributed to any one type, really. One could argue based on color scheme that the next badge is Adrienn's, followed by Saphira's. But in the interest of our current "OMG ARCLIGHT" funtimes...

The point I'm trying to get at here, is... does that fifth to last badge (the circular one on the bottom row) not look suspiciously like a vinyl record? Arclight is a DJ...

• Global Mods

Reborn/Ame conspiracy theory talk under the spoiler (and some actual story spoiling content)

Okay, so... this has been bugging me for a little bit, and I'm probably just being slightly crazy/paranoid. But... let's look at the full set of badges directly from the Reborn game.

FdYxvx0.png

1. Julia
  2. Florinia
  3. Shelly
  4. Shade
  5. Aya
  6. Serra
  7. Noel
  8. Radomus
  9. Luna
  10. Samson
  11. Charlotte
  12. Terra
  13. Ciel

We then have five others. Two of them are fairly obvious. The third to last is a geode of some sort, so the Rock type badge. The last is a waterfall, so Water type.

This would leave us with Steel, Fairy, and Dragon as our remaining gyms. The last three unaccounted for badges are also, very... esoteric? They can't be easily attributed to any one type, really. One could argue based on color scheme that the next badge is Adrienn's, followed by Saphira's. But in the interest of our current "OMG ARCLIGHT" funtimes...

The point I'm trying to get at here, is... does that fifth to last badge (the circular one on the bottom row) not look suspiciously like a vinyl record? Arclight is a DJ...

The badge order of the remaining badges has changed every episode to keep people guessing.

Also the remaining badges in order as they are there are Titania, Adrienn, Hardy, Saphira, Amaria. The badge designs were listed on the leaders' cards in the online league, shown here.

Personally I think E14's order for the last 5 badges (Adrienn, Titania, Amaria, Hardy, Saphira) seems the most likely.

FdYxvx0.png

1. Julia
  2. Florinia
  3. Shelly
  4. Shade
  5. Aya
  6. Serra
  7. Noel
  8. Radomus
  9. Luna
  10. Samson
  11. Charlotte
  12. Terra
  13. Ciel

I agree that does look a lot like a record, but the line on the left side of it makes me think it's a pokeball with the circular button in the middle, But if that is a record, Congrats on confirming Archlight as a Gym leader. Since we know he's an electric pokemon user, That means he would have to replace julia, I'm assuming she gets framed for a bombing or something.

In b4 Adrienn's Ace is a olPp4UO.gif

• Supporter

The badge order of the remaining badges has changed every episode to keep people guessing.

Also the remaining badges in order as they are there are Titania, Adrienn, Hardy, Saphira, Amaria. The badge designs were listed on the leaders' cards in the online league, shown here.

Personally I think E14's order for the last 5 badges (Adrienn, Titania, Amaria, Hardy, Saphira) seems the most likely.

Ahhh, good to know! Ame continues to outsmart us. xD There goes my crack pot theory.

Edited by AiedailEclipsed

FdYxvx0.png

1. Julia
  2. Florinia
  3. Shelly
  4. Shade
  5. Aya
  6. Serra
  7. Noel
  8. Radomus
  9. Luna
  10. Samson
  11. Charlotte
  12. Terra
  13. Ciel

For some reason the first thing that struck me when I saw the supposed "Vinyl Record" badge was this majestic little thing

fossil.png

which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever but I will continue to praise our true god and savior. ALL HAIL.

I agree that does look a lot like a record, but the line on the left side of it makes me think it's a pokeball with the circular button in the middle, But if that is a record, Congrats on confirming Archlight as a Gym leader. Since we know he's an electric pokemon user, That means he would have to replace julia, I'm assuming she gets framed for a bombing or something.

In b4 Adrienn's Ace is a

olPp4UO.gif

Well, there very well may be that possibility...

• Developers

Well, there very well may be that possibility...

Yeah I would not be surprised if Ame adds A-Ninetales just for Adrienn as a special teaser that Gen 7 is a thing in Reborn. The timing of E16 release is perfect too - just when the official stats and movepool will be available.

Hey Ame I wanted to ask.... where is your current avatar from? It looks awesome and really suits you.

Edited by baldr

That definitely is not the night club. If you think it's the night club, you've never been to a night club (though that one isn't too farfetched from what the real one looks like). The thing about the night club is that it's for post game which has been said many times before on earlier releases of the game. That's really not to take note there. Also Julia doesn't have to die for her badge to be invalidated and we have to battle Arclight to validate it. Just saying it's a possibility.

While you can't see the full thing, there's enough hard evidence that this is a battlefield. Since I doubt that's the orphanage one, we can only assume that this is a new location. It's also very peculiar that Ame would also reveal something like this as a teaser. It could be part of the main plot (since well Arclight is nonexistant more or less until now) or part of a sidequest such as the magikarp one though again, odd place for a sidequest in what looks like an official stadium and definitely suits Arclight.

I didn't think that room was the club, I was just going off what some else said about it maybe being a back room.

I don't think Julia's badge will be invalidated. That would just be inconvenient, if every time a gym leader died, the reserve leader would now be swarmed with veteran trainers looking to regain their badge in addition to the regular challengers. Corey & Kiki's badges were "invalidated" because we technically did not receive them at all. We beat Corey, and then he went and died. We never had his badge, not until we fought Aya. Kiki chose not to give us the badge until sorting out the events at Apophyll Volcano, during which she died.

tl;dr -- We already have the Volt Badge. We won't need to fight for it again, even if Julia dies. At least, I think so ^^"

I don't think Julia's badge will be invalidated. That would just be inconvenient, if every time a gym leader died, the reserve leader would now be swarmed with veteran trainers looking to regain their badge in addition to the regular challengers. Corey & Kiki's badges were "invalidated" because we technically did not receive them at all. We beat Corey, and then he went and died. We never had his badge, not until we fought Aya. Kiki chose not to give us the badge until sorting out the events at Apophyll Volcano, during which she died.

tl;dr -- We already have the Volt Badge. We won't need to fight for it again, even if Julia dies. At least, I think so ^^"

That makes the most sense.

Imagine getting to the Elite 4 and being denied entry just because one of the first gym leaders you fought had a heart attack the night before.

It'd be a right pain in the ass if that's how the league worked