[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still get it after Corey, and at least up to Agate (and at the end of E15 while waiting E16). The only difference if you get it after is some dialogue that change. And the battle against Corey begins with the corrosive field instead of corrosive mist I think.

It seems weird but I'm pretty sure the new field is Titania's.

- Buffs steel attacks and types that steel resists

-Gives steel another type it's super effective against

-Makes one of Steel's weaknesses hit neutrally

-If you somehow have a Pokemon with Sacred Sword, it loses STAB and steel resists

-Unless that Pokemon is Agislash then it gains STAB

-By the way there's just a huge buff in general to everything Agislash is or does

-Camouflage makes you weak to steel

-Guess whose book the quote at the beggining of the post is from

I'm pretty sure it is Titania. Steel has some sword dancers and don't forget klefki. Magician + crafty shield + 150 base damage stab with recovery+immunity to fire.

I mean, that's STILL not as bad as Prankster Swagger.

And Saphira would be shooting herself in the foot if she fought us on that field. Sure dragon moves are boosted, but it also gains TWO new weaknesses, both of which (and a third that it already has) are also boosted by the field. And camouflage makes you immune.

I gotta admit, I certainly underestimated Titania's potential for girliness. Almost makes you forget she Aegislash'd a bunch of Meteor grunts.

... though, considering how metal a lot of the original fairy tales could be, maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

I actually though the field effect was going to be the scrapyard for Titania mixing the desert with similar effects of the new Fairy Tale field. Everything else in my predictions was more or less spot on helping cover for that glaring weakness in Steel so I'm not too worried about her difficulty. As for team prediction, a few people already guessed all members of my roster for her, but nobody has the exact team.

ok, it's pretty much confirmed, eather zel is gonna die or leave the city,tho 2 persons which means he is going to split ?

i only say that because you can't say someone is going byebye then say it's two in someway

ok, it's pretty much confirmed, eather zel is gonna die or leave the city,tho 2 persons which means he is going to split ?

i only say that because you can't say someone is going byebye then say it's two in someway

Well if Noel or Anna are going to leave then Nomos or Nostra are most likely going with them.

I think that pretty much confirms its ZEL. It could be Noel or Anna, but (if this person is going to die theoretically) unless their deaths were pretty good and meaningful that might just very well push me beyond the Titania Edge Threshold. Titania pushed the edginess of this game a bit for me, but if a child dies in a rather weak manner I'd be a bit annoyed. I appreciate Reborn for being dark, but never making me feel like its trying too hard (usually).

ZEL has potential though. I mean, we just found out about how they were fused together, so I can see it going either way with them. Either we manage to separate them apart so they can live a peaceful life again, or they die.

Dang, this new field is INTENSE. I look forward to seeing if it's for Titania or Adrienn, since it honestly works good for both of them. Also can I just point out that on this new field, Cut is super effective against Dragon's :blink: ( there's a sentence I never thought I'd say ).

• Developers

Well it's about time for us to Cut off a dragon's head... or heads in case if Lins Hydreigon...

I found White Reborn music for most fo the city wards on youtube. Except for White Beryl and White Obsidia. Are you saving them for the final release Ame? :-)

EDIT: There is Light Beryl in the game files so only Obsidia is missing.

Edited by baldr

I'm also not sure if it's for Adrienn or Titania... It would look good in both, but I think is for the latter. I mean, Fairy types are anti-dragon without power-charging effect, aren't they?

Fairy Tale field is neat! Probably Titania's for sure, I would say there's an argument for Saphira but that Steel buff to nail Dragon types is no good and we also have the Dragon's Den field, which pretty much is a lock for Saphira unless some twist of fate(read: Ame's whimsy)changes that. Scizor is pretty much a monstrosity on this field, so we'll likely see Titania rocking that. Effectively 3.5x(I am doing math right here, yeah?) power Bullet Punches if Technician? Ow. Better get your Steel resists ready people, or else you're gonna be holding that L.

even if fire attacks are nerfed due to them gaining the dragon type,there is nothing in that field that weakens ground attacks.even with skarmory that is immune to it a powerful electric attack if enough to eliminate it.scizor one of the most powerful steel pokemon has no chance against a fire poke even if the damage is neutral due to additional dragon type.as for metagross i am not a fan of gym leaders having the same pokemon(radomus has one if i remember correctly)because that ruins the fun of gym leader's pokemon diversity.

my prediction of her team would be:aegislash,scisor,escavalier,skarmory and as a suprise factor i would add durant(one hone claws and it can become deadly)for the last pokemon it would be a toss between empoleon,klingklang and steelix.i think steelix could be more possible

sorry for not adding metagross.lucario,ferrothorn and bisharp(we already faced them in other gym leader matches).i think aggron would suit more hardy,magnezone i think does not suit her and it suffers a lot from ground attacks and it is very slow.

Edited by Bessi

Ground and fight moves are in! Specially if she has, say an aggron or a bastiodon, or any ground/steel (fire and ground being less effective) like Steelix or the must-be Excadrill, a good fighting one would come in useful.

Since Titania is going to have Flash Cannon as a TM and Ame does like said leaders to use TM, I'm definitely sure she has an Empoleon now. Air Balloon Empoleon FTW! My biggest fear for Titania was fire types to begin with so with that out of the way mostly, she might end up being kind of tricky. Magnezone doesn't seem very Tania like but still possible along with quite a variety. I wouldn't rule out Klinklang as I even gave one of the strongest trainer in my mod one for a fight.

@Bessi: I understand what you're saying, but there's quite a bit that has to go into fighting. Titania is going to be one that's very unique as most Steel type leaders fall into a trap she can escape with the field. Though I don't see where the complaints are as both Reborn and Hardcore use many mons who are not OU and bar one boss (Solaris) they even sometimes use unique strategies such as Aya's poison wall lead. Only Pokemon I felt used way too much was Scizor since Solaris, Fern, Bennet, and Titania use it (Shelly technically had a Scyther at one point). I cut it down to two for Hardcore making Solaris's a hard hitting pivitor and Fern's a dodge tank (only used in on battle though). Yeah it sucks that some Pokemon are going to repeat however, but making a fight fun, challenging, and unique takes a lot to do.

Titania looks a bit more intimidating with the new field... but I can't wait to face her

We already know a lot about her team - Aegislash, Excadrill, Skarmory and Scizor (possibly Mega? since it was her ace in the online League). Empoleon and Magnezone does seem like good choices for her too (although things like Ferrothorn will work too)

Scizor, especially mega, is actually pretty sturdy. Even capable of taking nonstab uninvested Fire moves and living. If the power of fire moves was reduced to only 2x effective, I'd say its probably living most non stab fire moves. Not only that but Scizor now only has 1 single 2x weakness, that's it. Its defensive typing is outstanding on this field.

Edited by Zane0144

That's one weird, yet cool field. I say it fits Titania pretty nicely, if it is indeed hers. I recall her diary entries from the school and after had something to do with fairy tales and castles and stuff (I think) so it's nice to see how it materializes in her gym (I mean, it's gotta be her field, rite?)

I gotta say, whether the people we'll say goodbye to ...permanently...are ZEL or Anna+Noel, I'll be sad to see them go :( why can't someone unlikable go for a change??? ..But hey, maybe it's none of the above, after all , the only confirmation we have is a self-made one so , there's always hope :o

Titania looks a bit more intimidating with the new field... but I can't wait to face her

We already know a lot about her team - Aegislash, Excadrill, Skarmory and Scizor (possibly Mega? since it was her ace in the online League). Empoleon and Magnezone does seem like good choices for her too (although things like Ferrothorn will work too)

you forgot mawile since the field boosts both fairy and steel moves

So i guess nobody wants to mention Bronzong? if we're trynna avoid using Metagross again this would fit really nicely, taking care of Fighting Types and Levitate for Ground Types in case just Skarmory doesn't do the job, also could set up Trick Room seeing as how most Steel Types are somewhat slow, also a Pokemon who could make use of Flash Cannon since we need a 'mon with the TM

when it comes to Pokemon being used twice by Gym Leaders though.. we've seen that with Gengar and Excadrill. Both Shade and Aya have a Gengar (Corey had a Haunter too so thats 3. technically?)

and both Terra and Titania have Excadrills.

and if we're taking into account Other characters--not just Gym Leaders, then thats 3(or 4 if you count Corey's Haunter) Gengars--Cain has one too doesnt he? 3 Excadrills-- since Solaris has one too. 2 Garchomps Terra's and Solaris'. 2 Chandelures : Solaris and Shade.And as mentioned-- a lot of Scizors. a lot of those. And i may be missing more

Edited by OldSoulja