• Administrators

Well maybe don't have a field effect for the urban field per se, but a visual graphic for an 'urban field' within Reborn City would still be a neat idea if you ask me.

Way ahead of you.

When you say Noel's keeping the grassy field, do you just mean for this episode, or for good? I need to know for my 6th gen run, whether or not I should fight him or wait until episode 16 or whatever.

For good.

I wasn't aware that field affects were obligated to make dramatic changes to the way the game plays. Wasn't it initially just something to involve the environment, whether those interactions were big or small? Something about an indoors field where the only change was a limit on flying and levitation.

That is arguable, and while that was the original plan, I'm going back on it a bit -at least- for the time being. I won't say that I'll never make small-scale fields.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well an Urban field would be really cool to have since a long part of the game is played within the city limits. Maybe things like Smog / Sludge / Thief / Covet / Pay Day / Magnitude / Earthquake also Ingrain failing, Encore and Embargo getting extra time. Just a few stuff that comes to mind on having a battle at a crowded polluted city!

Pokemon Center field! For you know, battles inside Pokemon centers. All damaging attacks have a chance to knock the target into a healing machine which fully restores their everything. Hi Jump Kick does this to the user if it misses.

Imagine Shofu's reaction.

Pokemon Center field! For you know, battles inside Pokemon centers. All damaging attacks have a chance to knock the target into a healing machine which fully restores their everything. Hi Jump Kick does this to the user if it misses.

Is it sad I actually want this to be a thing now?

can we also have high jump kick kill in-game ame in the grand hall

Well an Urban field would be really cool to have since a long part of the game is played within the city limits. Maybe things like Smog / Sludge / Thief / Covet / Pay Day / Magnitude / Earthquake also Ingrain failing, Encore and Embargo getting extra time. Just a few stuff that comes to mind on having a battle at a crowded polluted city!

Thief is definitely getting boosted!

Not having a field effect in the city gives me a feeling that "everything is allowed", therefore makes it different from the fields in other areas, where you see restrictions. It's fun and all, but you don't need a field effect everywhere. If we get overzealous with this, we might end up in the wrong direction.

Story and side quests 0%,that's gonna take like forever! or i am wrong?

No I believe Ame said earlier that shes leaving story for the last because its easy for her to get excited and in the zone to crank it out quickly.

Who wants to bet that before the final episode is made, a new generation of pokemon arrives? Think about all the extra spritework, the balancing and implementing all of those mons in events/encounters at the right time...They'll probably add some extra Mega's too (maybe Mega Infernape or so, like the Monkey King in some of the Chinese Lore...)

Edited by laggless01

Well at the current pace, I'd say Reborn is likely to finish just before 7th gen comes out. Also, IIRC, I believe Ame's said she won't add 7th gen even if it is released before the conclusion of Reborn.

Well of course she can and have every right to work on the new game she wants but after some time I think she can make some updates here

Aww, I hope Ame doesn't decide to ignore 7th gen. Pokemon fangames just don't seem to "do" it for me when they're badly outdated.

Keep in mind, after Reborn, she's focusing her attention on Starlight Divide. It's not like she'll have a lot of time to.

Aww, I hope Ame doesn't decide to ignore 7th gen. Pokemon fangames just don't seem to "do" it for me when they're badly outdated.

It's not really plausible to add in an entire generation late into development - you'd need to revisit pretty much the entire game to put in the new pokemon into various trainers teams, rebalance the gym leaders etc. after adding new pokemon to them, ensure that none of the available pokemon break game balance, add new event pokemon etc. etc., not to mention whatever rule changes might happen.

I mean, unless you just tag on an entire generation of pokemon to just the postgame, but that's incredibly sloppy - a poorly done feature in games is usually worse than a feature not existing, despite sounding counterintuitive, and it's just not very practical to add in something so drastic properly into a game that's already close to being finished without spending several months on it (and that means several months of not actually continuing the story).

Alright here's how I (Jericho) am personally looking at it. On the current pace, Episode 19 is supposed to be the last one, I anticipate at the current rate we should expect that roughly around September or October 2016. The first game of Gen 7 likely won't come out until November of that year. The game will be wrapping up just as Gen 7 comes out.

• Veterans

Jericho,remember that this years pokemon game will most likely come with new mega's....

and with new mega's comes a 5/6 month delay of the next episode lol.

Jericho,remember that this years pokemon game will most likely come with new mega's....

and with new mega's comes a 5/6 month delay of the next episode lol.

I feel sorry for ame making every new mega evolution pokemon sprites hue.

Edited by ShingSt