Obligatory post since the thing moved a little bit again.

So anyway, I remember Ame once said there would be 6 new field effects in episode 15. The "new field effects" bar's at 30%, roughly 1/3 completion. Does that mean she's finished 2 of them? Does that mean we should expect a post about them sometime soon?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obligatory post since the thing moved a little bit again.

So anyway, I remember Ame once said there would be 6 new field effects in episode 15. The "new field effects" bar's at 30%, roughly 1/3 completion. Does that mean she's finished 2 of them? Does that mean we should expect a post about them sometime soon?

Six new field effects? :o

I can see 2 will belong to Serra and the next gym leader... but I wonder what the remaining four will be. I'm guessing she will post about them closer to the E15 release date.

Field effects are a major part of the game that makes it different from other pokemon games. I wouldn't be surprized if we received an "Urban field".

What concerns me is that "eventing" is still at 10%, and this thing takes a lot of time.

Six new field effects? :o

I can see 2 will belong to Serra and the next gym leader... but I wonder what the remaining four will be. I'm guessing she will post about them closer to the E15 release date.

And if I'm not wrong, Noel is going to get a field too in this episode.

6 new fields will be implemented in the game's code. It doesn't necessarily mean that we'll have access to all of them. If the Junkyard is one of them, I doubt we'll have access to it, just to name an example.

If certain theories are correct, then we may be getting a sewer field. Of course, we may not, but if we follow the formula of updates it's 2 areas and a gym battle most of the time. Our two areas could be the Water Treatment Center and Sewers, but this is just a shot in the dark. Honestly I think the new fields will be something like this:

Urban field

Serra's field

Noel's new field?

Sewer field

A new field for our gym leader... unless it's Amaria/Ciel as we know they'll have fields like the big top and waters surface most likely.

Finally the... I don't know field. This one is really up for grabs atm.

By the time the game is finished, I suppose every area will have a field effect associated with it.

...I'm really not sure what moves will get boosted/weakened by the 'Urban Field'. Any ideas?

By the time the game is finished, I suppose every area will have a field effect associated with it.

...I'm really not sure what moves will get boosted/weakened by the 'Urban Field'. Any ideas?

Normal/Steel?

Normal, Steel, perhaps some fighting moves if it resembles an arena.

I'd like to believe that the water fields will get certain adjustments, because right now every type, bar water is nerfed in them.

• Administrators

Not necessarily, could be that shes laid the groundwork for the new fields, which happen to take up 30% of the effort :P

This is fairly accurate. The 15% was the initial concept of their effects. The next 15% was the graphics. Each completed field will be another 10% and then the last 10% is the documentation.

What concerns me is that "eventing" is still at 10%, and this thing takes a lot of time.

orly.

And if I'm not wrong, Noel is going to get a field too in this episode.

Noel's keeping the Grassy Field.

I'd like to do an Urban Field, but there's just not enough that it would impact without -really- trying too hard, so I don't intend to go through with it.

• Veterans

This is fairly accurate. The 15% was the initial concept of their effects. The next 15% was the graphics. Each completed field will be another 10% and then the last 10% is the documentation.

orly.

Noel's keeping the Grassy Field.

I'd like to do an Urban Field, but there's just not enough that it would impact without -really- trying too hard, so I don't intend to go through with it.

Bleh,My dreams of Rainbow Field Noel shall one day become a reality!

Well maybe don't have a field effect for the urban field per se, but a visual graphic for an 'urban field' within Reborn City would still be a neat idea if you ask me.

Woah, wasn't it like 27% yesterday? Man, that's fast. I know this stuff ain't easy, but bravo.

I don't think the percentages should be taken too too seriously - I mean, each of the 10 categories probably won't take an equal amount of time but they're being weighted equally as far as the percentage goes, and also a lot of the things don't have a very clear way to tell 'how much is done' and are just estimates. It's just a rough estimate on how far it is along, I don't think it's really like only 1% happens during 1 week and then 10% happens all in one day or something like that.

I wasn't aware that field affects were obligated to make dramatic changes to the way the game plays. Wasn't it initially just something to involve the environment, whether those interactions were big or small? Something about an indoors field where the only change was a limit on flying and levitation.

When you say Noel's keeping the grassy field, do you just mean for this episode, or for good? I need to know for my 6th gen run, whether or not I should fight him or wait until episode 16 or whatever.

Pretty sure that's for good.