can we be allowed to use rock climb in the next episode, i see stuff that i need rock climb to get and it drives me crazy. also would like to return to reborn city cuz i got all the stickers and i would like to access the tenth floor.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we be allowed to use rock climb in the next episode, i see stuff that i need rock climb to get and it drives me crazy. also would like to return to reborn city cuz i got all the stickers and i would like to access the tenth floor.

It won't be Episode 15, I can tell you that much for certain.

Yes, I agree to an extend. Im very aware that Ame has another job that takes time away from this project. The logic of my post stems from the fact if she had more money she would not have to work at her other job as much to pay for her personal expenses.

And thanks to your logic we're in an economic crisis now because bankmanagers got way too many bonuses and didn't deliver enough work performance!

THANKS Red_Chaos, this is all your fault!

@EonicEvee you can go back to Reborn city wether you have rock climb or not, I don't see your problem there.

Edited by LeMasterJP

You refer to just rock climb... right? I was hoping that we could finally get back to the city this episode ;_;

Why do you need rock climb for that? I don't understand, I am confuzzled :/

• Administrators

Studies have reported that awarding bonuses increases motivation but decreases the cognitive skills used for the operation. A likely scenario to arise would be us getting the update quicker but with more faults and bugs like 14.5, or we would get it slower because the limited cognitive skills decrease productivity.

However, those studies are conducted in environments where the reward is extrinsic in the first place. If you wanted to make an argument about motivation, then cite the studies that show the transition from intrinsic to extrinsic motivation that generally occurs when one begins performing a task out of financial need rather than a personal desire.

I didn't start making this game because it was financially lucrative. I make it because I enjoy doing so.

But to be frank, I have very little interest in money aside from living in modest comfort and funding Starlight/future projects. I don't use site donations for the former reason. And as for Starlight, our budget -will- directly affect the quality and speed of the game-- that's a necessary evil in production. If I have to do everything for Starlight myself, I will, unquestionably. It's that important to me. But if I can hire spriters and composers, for instance, it's going to be that much faster and better quality.

That's a shame... But wouldn't it be a problem to commission art form another artist? I mean the art style would be different, even if the try to copy, and since is "official" the idea would be to have the same style, no?

Also a necessary evil, I'm afraid. Such is the life of not having a set team with a lead artist and such. If this art appeared in the game itself, that would be unacceptable, but since it's what qualifies as extra material, as long as it's good quality it'll probably have to do.

I didn't start making this game because it was financially lucrative. I make it because I enjoy doing so.

As Dan Pink said in his presentation about the key of motivation:

"In the 1990's there were 2 groups of people who were making an internet encyclopedia. One was a group of programmers paid by microsoft, the other was a group of people who did it for fun. Guess which one made Wikipedia?

You got the right motivation Ame!

As the saying goes, "You can't rush perfection." Regardless of what many say, the loyalists among us will tough out any wait time just to enjoy your quality work. The day will come when Episode 15 and later 16 and 17 and beyond comes out and on those that day, we'll play through it and joy and tears will be abound in our eyes and in our hearts. No sense rushing yourself, flooding your "market" with a ton of Reborn development, and then no longer wishing to work on it. Good luck and godspeed to you.

• Administrators

If I were going to burn out on it, I would have a long time ago. I started the project on a whim, assuming that would be the case, and it's never been an issue. I mean I already basically do nothing but work on the game, and I don't really have a problem with that.

After playing through Ep.1-14 these last few days I can safely say the episodes were nothing but quality. While waiting for the next episodes I'll be perfect breeding my team and perfect IV training them. Just take your time on the episodes Amethyst. :)