What Types Do You Use?

So when you play a Pokemon game, most of us tend to have some ideas in mind when building a team that will eventually conquor the Elite Four and reign in the title as champion. Most of us pick a variety of types to create a balanced team, and often we have a few key types we pick, a formula if you will.

For instance, these types I always make a note of having on my team:

Fire

Water

Grass or Electric

So what kind of types do you tend to favor each time you play a Pokemon Game.

Well in Reborn I use exclusively fighting and dark types (fairy gym is gonna be a mess)

In general I always try to have a fighting type, then a flying to deal with that and for travel, then whatever starter I choose (usually fire or water, never grass). The rest is a random. Oh and I almost always have a dragon at some point. Been so long since I had a legit Pokemon game.

I always tend to choose a fire starter (i.e.Fennekin <3).

After that, a ghost and a psychic are two MUSTS for me. I cannot enjoy my party if there isn't at least one of each. In reborn, those spots are occupied by Gourgeist and Gardevoir (who also have a plus for having grass and fairy moves to go), with some occasional switches to Gengar and Malamar for situations that require it.

A fighting and a fairy type are what the 4th and 5th members of my teams are usually composed of. My fighting type is Scraggy, very useful, and the fairy type, Mawile (steel gives it a good defensive side).

The 6th slot is random, depends on which type gives me more advantage. In reborn is generally electric and the slot belongs to Manectric, very good assisting and difficult to get down without an earthquake. But I also might need a dragon or poison type every now and then, for which I rely on Tyrantrum or Crobat.

Edited by zimvader42

Water, Dark, Ice, Dragon, Ground and Flying but this time in Pokémon Reborn... i have a very DAT team: Greninja, Raticate, Arbok,

Simipour, Exploud and Noivern :P Is annoying sometimes with some Leaders and another people (Shelly... :angry: ) but and what?

51893.png

At some point you have to use flying types. So I always use one. That however says nothing, doesn't it?

Usually there is a water and an electric type in the team. I love bugs and ground so I might have one. If I don't, they are definitely working in the bench ready to get into the team at any time.

Ghosts and Psychic types are cool, but they don't have to be in the team. The same goes for fire and steel.

the others are up to the mood

I build my team around the core concept of Fire, Grass and Water. I then branch out and usually go for a flying type, but I could use any type once I have that core of 3 types done. For Emerald I used Swampert, Torkoal, Cradily, Swellow, Aggron, Gardevoir and Banette. If possible, I would have used more members.

More or less all of them.

9 out of 10 I will start with Water type and second must will be a Fire one. Then the next type I use most of the time in games are my 2 fav Dragon and Steel (about 7-8 out of 10)

The rest it depends on weakness of Gym & E4 types (I even count the Water/Fire/Steel/Dragon) and plenty of Dual types of course

I even check if someone on my team can be super effective against someone else weakness

Did that on Reborn too... With main team and back up team

Edited by Qaaz

I always use water types, flying types and fighting types so I can use rock smash, fly, strength, surf and waterfall all in about 3 pokemon. In Reborn I have yet to have a flying type, though. Leaning towards Honchkrow or Togekiss.

• Administrators

Almost all of the Pokemon I like are either fairy, dark, psychic, ghost or water, so with just a few exceptions I stick to those types whenever possible.

...and if something has a mineral type (rock/ground/steel) i probably warren't touch it.

• Developers

Almost all of the Pokemon I like are either fairy, dark, psychic, ghost or water, so with just a few exceptions I stick to those types whenever possible.

...and if something has a mineral type (rock/ground/steel) i probably warren't touch it.

Im actually the same way, with the addition of fire. I don't like the mineral types much at all.

I make it a point to have a Grass type on my team, no matter what. Other than that, I really like Flying types and almost always end up with a Poison type. Electric is my favorite type, yet I almost never use them in Reborn due to their rather limited movepools without TMs.

Oddly enough, I basically never have a Fire type Pokemon or attack. I don't even dislike them, I just never have one (except for Ninetales on a sun team).

Typically I prefer to have a fire, grass, earth or rock, psychic, and steel on my team. I've never really cared for or bothered with Dragon types since they just seem overhyped and overrated. I don't use flying, ghost, or normal types too often either. A lot of it just depends on the situation and which types are available early on.

I have a priority list, on the top of it, the basic elements of Fire, Water and Grass. I also always have a Fighting and a Ground type for their very powerful attacks and by the endgame I find myself with a Dragon type.

But most of the time I use dual-types, leaving space for Flying and Electric-type pokémon.

I tend to usually get a dragon type on my team. Its sorta became a tradition to have a dragon type on my team. I usually get a dragon to be the 6th member of my team. Fighting types are another type I like having on my team.

Competitively steel types are a must for me. It was the first type I made a mono team of and it has sort of grown on me until I really liked the pokemon it consists of. I generally want a dark type as well, especially since the mono dark run of Reborn opened my eyes to things I otherwise wouldn't use, even in playthroughs. I like ghost, too, but I don't use them as much.

Fire and fighting types are usually on Team Live Badass. Fire types are hard to have a safe run without and to go without fighting I simply can't comprehend. Although because my style is to dominate quickly (setting up is something I was forced to do in reborn) I usually have to have a tank so Steel types generally get to join especially Aggron since he just knows whats up and especially since fairies wiggled their way in. Clipping wings today.