Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

Notus

“I’ve never been to Sootopolis before,” Evan said. “I haven’t left Lilycove much. And no, my brother decided to go to the Hoenn Academy instead. He said something about conquering it from the inside.” It wasn’t a complete lie, but Evan didn’t feel like opening up to someone he just met. Truth was his brother was still recovering and they simple couldn’t effort it. The only reason Evan was here was because he saved the money he earned from a part-time job.

“Speaking about water types, I’m thinking of letting my Eevee evolve into a Vaporeon. I showed it a books once will all the possible evolutions and it definitely liked the idea.” And right on that moment, like Eevee was waiting for an introduction, it showed up from behind the sofa, sat down in front of Colin and looked at him curiously.

Stratos and EXLink

As soon as Slade and Mareek peeked inside the bedroom, they could see several Ariados moving around. There were 5 of them and by the looks of it they were creating a web. One of them reacted when the door swung open and raised its pinchers in an aggressive way. The other 4 soon followed its example.

Apparently someone had forgotten to lock the windows before.

DarkLight and Dobby

Lana heard some weird ticking noise. She looked around for a moment and soon realized it came from a Murkrow at the window. Or was it a Murkrow? It had something weird on its head and she couldn’t quite identify the weird creature. Only when she came closer and opened the window, she realized there was a Cottonee.

“Hello, where did you two come from?” she asked when the Murkrow hopped inside.
((Btw all the rooms are singles))

Bfroger6

When Shiro tried to enter the forest, he noticed the gates were locked.
((Only the forest has a gate aside from the entrance. The dorms are free to enter.))

Jory, Murdoc and Tacos

When Ryan came back with his food and the students started to concentrate on their food, they could hear a parts of a conversation.

“I don’t know. I only followed professor Redwood’s instructions and locked the gate,” a tall man, even when sitting, said. He had red hair and probably a beard as well. It wasn’t all that clear from their point of view, since his back was faced their way, but they might still recognize him as Devin Cadmus.

“So what if he’s not here? Let the guy have a break! Even Pokémon deserve one once in a while you know,” his conversation partner said. She was still wearing a name tag with Phoebe on it. She had her long blonde hair in a ponytail.

“It’s not like him to miss the first day. He usually keeps an eye on the newcomers and the Rookie. Who knows what that one is up to? He might pull something tonight so I’ve decided to keep an eye out…”

((Tacos: Food is free on the first day. I'll explain later why))

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Welll, if you are that curious, I could always find out for you," Danielle laughed. "I'm sure Avis wouldn't mind an adventure with that objective. Since you're sooo obstinate to keep it a secret, I'll drop the subject. I will find out eventually~"

Despite her cheerfulness, Danielle couldn't help but wonder why Claude would want to keep that a secret. Perhaps his tastes are "peculiar," like those in 50 Shades of Grey? "Maybe he is just reserved... Just as well. I wouldn't tell my love life to a complete stranger, too."

They arrived at the entrance to the girls' dorm. Luckily, the doors are still unlocked, so anybody could go inside. "Shall we, mon ami? I'm sure Avis and Doux are nearby. And, don't worry about your little friend. If she thought he was a hassle, she would have come crying to me by now."

--------------------

"Krow krow!" Avis greeted Lana. With that, she flew around the room, curious about her surroundings. After a quick round, Avis finally decided to settle herself on the bed, although she occasionally looked towards the door. Avis didn't even know that her Cottonee friend was sleeping in her head feathers.

((Fixed in my previous post))

Edited by DarkLight

Ryan was always one to want to know the latest gossip or know everyone's secrets. "Hey Jacob, wanna go see what they're talking about?" He picked up Glacien and strolled over to who he already knew was Devin.

"Um, Mr. Devin Sir? I know it's not my place to intrude, but is there an issue or anything? You said the gates are locked and that someone's missing? Do you ned assistance with anything or at least is there any nonconfidential information you could tell us?" Ryan really hoped something hadn't gone wrong. He was already stressed enough.

"Yep, that's a great idea! Vaporeon is great in a fight, one of my mother's friends at the gym had one. It was amazing!" The boy said laughing. Then Evan's Eevee appeared in front of him.

"Oh, so there it is! Heyo little one, nice to meet you! I'm Colin Wave, and looks like we're roommates." Colin said, pointing to himself with his thumb. Kyte also noticed the other pokémon and approached happily, yelling his "kyepz!" at a most energic way. "Eh, hope they get along well." Colin continued. "Did you give it a nickname?"

"Odd, I can't seem to sense it anymore. I hope Zuko is having better luck than I am." Henry pulled off his glasses and tucked them away. "I guess I'll just have to trust that they'll be fine. I have to remember this isn't Orre." He held up the empty poke ball on his belt. "I will never forgive that heartless bastard for what he did to you." Just then, a tiny fox approached his trainer. "Ah, did you find anything?"

"Vulpix!" The pokemon ran past him as his master followed him into the cafeteria.

"Really? You just ate and you're hungry again. Sometimes I wonder about you." He gave a quick sigh and looked around noticing a few people. "I may as well get some food and see if anyone knows anything about that missing boy and Ralts." The trainer quickly went through the shortest line to grab some fries and a cheeseburger and noticed a couple students talking to some adults and walked a little bit closer to eavesdrop and their conversation.

Edited by commander218

Kage made it through the line with only a little trouble, and that was only due to the amount of food he grabbed for himself and Lucas. Kage had needed to skip breakfast that morning, and he was famished. He picked through the crowd and landed next to Ryan and Jacob, immediately digging into his food with gusto. When Ryan stood up and left, he followed him with a bit of food still in hand, leaving his Ralts at the table for the moment.

• Veterans

Walking to the Cafeteria,James could hear his belly grumbling hungry as usual.

"Ah time for some Yummy food :D,this'll cost me though"James said as he started running.He finally reached the cafeteria and when he went inside he saw Ryan sitting down with some other students."There he is...."

As the gates to the forest were locked, and the fence was too tall for him to climb, Shiro somberly made his way to the caffeteria.

It was noisy and full off people, but he tried to ignore all that. He did get a hamburger and french fries to eat, but he barely touched it. He just spent the time playing with the fries while while the situation in the dorm calmed down.

'I was so stupid... I'm definitely screwed now... At least nobody's paying much attention to me.' He glanced up to see if any people were approaching him, and he saw the boy, his roommate, walking around with a plate ful of food. Shiro quickly lowered his head back down. He wasn't ready to face that kid again.

So he just continued picking at his food slowly. 'I wonder what Shun is doing all alone in the apartment.'

Edited by Bfroger6

Mareek let the door swing all the way open as he spotted the Bug types. Looks like he didn't need that knife after all...

"Erce," He said. In his hand was a premier ball, which he tossed into the air. "We've got an infestation to clear!" The capsule hinged open and released it's occupant, the Scyther Mareek had had as a pet for a long time. The creature turned and glanced back at him before focusing on the foe, paring her sycthes against each other as she sized up the opposition, deducing which one she would take out first.

And She chose the leader. She crouched down low, holding out her Scythes to the side and preparing her wings to strike. Mareek saw that she was ready, and gave one order.

"Double team."

A moment later, the Mantis's body blurred and began to glow as it crossed it's arms, several identical copies rushed out from her, seeming to have been created out of thin air. They all fanned out in a semi circle in the room, making identifying the real Erce all but impossible. Mareek gave another order as soon as they had moved into formation.

"Wing Attack!" All of the copies extended their wings at the order, beginning to buzz them as each pair took on a white glow. They all lifted off from the floor and charged towards the leader of the swarm simultaneously, zipping and diving as they flew, making identifying the original much harder than it had already been.

• Support Squad

"Let us" Claude said, with a flourish that made the the entrance far too grande for such a door.

They walked up the stairs to find Danielles door.

"Would you do the honours?" Claude said, standing to the said of the door, gesturing towards it like it was Danielles to own, which it was.

Darklight and Dobby

Lana chuckled a bit at the sight Murkrow. She was almost finished with unpacking and decided to go look for its trainer after.

Meanwhile her Rhyhorn woke up, attracted by the noises it heard by the door.

Tacos, Jory, Murdoc, Can’t Type and commander

When James and Henry came closer to the table, they heard the woman speak with a teasing tone. “Ooh we got some curious ones,” Phoebe said with a grin. “Those are always the troublemakers!”

Devin ignored her as he turned around. “You’re the student from earlier,” he said after seeing Ryan. “And I’m afraid you misunderstood. There isn’t really an issue, only Sawsbuck that isn’t present so I locked the gates for safety reasons. Some Pokémon in the forest aren’t that friendly to young trainers,” he said, thinking about a specific troublemaker.

“Anyway, who are your friends?”

((Murdoc: If Kage isn’t wearing his sunglasses; Devin will realize something’s wrong))

Notus

Eevee walked over towards the Mudkip and started sniffing. “Veeee!”

“That means he likes your Mudkip,” Evan said. “And no, I never really thought about it. Besides, if he wants to evolve I better name him something that fits. But apparently he already decided to become a Vaporeon so I’m still trying to find something. Maybe you have an idea? After all, you’re the water type expert”

Bfroger

Tyron entered the cafeteria and saw Shiro sitting alone and keeping his head low. Unfortunately for the student Tyron was very loud and always attracted attention. “What’s wrong, kid?” he asked, being his usual loud self, causing some people to look Shiro’s way. “Why are you sitting alone? Shouldn’t you get to know your fellow students and make some friends?”

Stratos and EXLink

Mareek used a solid strategy, but the swarm of Ariados wasn’t exactly made of pushovers. One of them jumped in front of their leader and took the attack head-on, knocking it out. The other three spread their threads throughout the room, before simultaneously attacking. This time they fired another type of thread, with the arrow shaped head. At least one of them hit successfully and started to drain Scyther’s energy. (Leech Life)

Meanwhile the leader launched a sneaky attack. It extended its shadow and aimed it at the Growlithe.

((TurboAura and K_H: I'm going to wait until you move again))

Erce had swapped places soon after Wing Attack had landed with the lackie protecting the leader, switching out a Double Team generated doppleganger for herself and gliding closer towards the Ariados as they launched their own attacks. Luckily for her, the switch had been enough to keep up the deception, the Leech Life attacks hit three of the fakes instead of her. She didn't waste a second, and she didn't need Mareek's instruction to know what to do. She generated more Double Team copies as she flew, all of them spiraling to keep the Ariados from homing in on her. She soared close to the ceiling then, over top of the Ariados's heads before shooting her body straight down at all of them, along with the extra Fakes she had just made. their Wings again all glowed a bright white as they prepared to repeat their earlier attack, aiming for the three arachnids.

Kage gave the same greeting he had given Jacob earlier. "I'm Tsukihashi Kageharu, at your service, sir." Realizing his Ralts wasn't on his shoulder, as usual, he gave a second, deeper bow. "Used to carrying my Ralts around, sorry." When he came back up, a flash of anxiety showed on his face for a split second. Shit. These are teachers, and I forgot my sunglasses AND Lucas.

Shiro's eyes widened as he looked up at the direction of the voice. He saw a man with spiky brown hair looking right at him. He attracted all the attention of students around and people started turning around to see what was going on. Shiro moved his feet a bit away from the chair, letting his body slide down a bit. He was blushing, so he grabbed the collar of his sweater aand raised it to hide off the lower half of his face.

'What does that man want with me?' He thought to himself.

Seeing he was caught, Henry walked up to the group. "The name's Henry, but most call me Glitch and this little guy is Zuko. I didn't mean to intrude, but I overheard you talking about a trouble maker and thought it might be my roomate." He heard someone yelling across the room. He gave a quick glance and noticed the boy to be his roomate. "Something's off." The boy rubbed his eyes and put his glasses on and looked around quickly. "It's just as I thought. Ralts isn't with him."

"Vulpix!" The pokemon cried out looking in the direction of the boy.

"Zuko knows it too." He noticed the group looking at him strangely. "Sorry, I thought I saw something very odd. Anyways, that Sawsbuck could be a real threat to Zuko. Chlorophyll would pretty much destroy any chance of winning. Just out of curiosity, how secure is this place? I mean it can't be too easy for a pokemon like Sawsbuck to get in, but how about something like a Spinarak with Shadow Sneak?"

• Support Squad

There were sounds coming from inside. Very Loud sounds. From what sounded like a BIG pokemon. A heavy pokemon.

"Er- Madame, I don't suppose you know if your room-mate and her partner has arrived already?"

"It's no problem...hey, where did Zuko go?" Henry looked around a bit and noticed a Ralts being dragged out the cafeteria. "That isn't the right Ralts." Henry gave a quick nudge ordering the Vulpix who dragged the Ralts out of sight. "I better go find him before something bad happens." The boy quickly rose out of his seat and began walking towards the door. A student pulled her chair back causing Henry to clash onto a nearby table which his glasses landed. He quickly got back up and ran out the door completely forgetting the special glasses.

Edited by commander218

"It's no problem...hey, where did Zuko go?" Henry looked around a bit and noticed a Ralts being dragged out the cafeteria. "That isn't the right Ralts." Henry gave a quick nudge ordering the Vulpix who dragged the Ralts out of sight. "I better go find him before something bad happens." The boy quickly rose out of his seat and began walking towards the door. A student pulled her chair back causing Henry to clash onto a nearby table which his glasses landed. He quickly got back up and ran out the door completely forgetting the special glasses.

'Well, since we only have Riolu's, that didn't last long.' Robert then looked around for what to do next, and then saw Kiai had a troubled expression on his face. 'What's wrong buddy?,' and with a simple 'Riu ru' he ran out of the dorm, making the now worried Robert run after him.

Lucas called for help telepathically as he was seized by a Vulpix and dragged off. To defend himself, he attacked the other Pokemon with a weak telekinetic wave as he waited for his trainer to arrive. Kage abruptly dashed off without a word or waiting for a reply, deftly navigating his way through the somewhat crowded cafeteria. He almost made it out of the door when another student walked into his path and he couldn't swerve in time, resulting in a tumble to the ground and shockingly proficient bilingual cursing echoing from the location.

Ryu noticed the distrubance as well, and ran out of the Dorm Room, only saying one quick phrase as he did so.

"Riolri, riol ri!"

Kenny saw Ryu run out of the Room, and ran after him.

"Ryu, what's going on?!"

With that, Kiai and Ryu were dashing down through the halls with Robert and Kenny right in tow. As soon as Robert got outside, he saw them giving each other some kind of signals, with Kiai heading to the gate, and Ryu seemed to be running to what he could remember being the direction of the Main building and the cafeteria. With that, Robert was wondering which Riolu he would follow. 'Well Kenny, you wanna run, or you wanna go to the gate with Kiai?'

Slade quickly noticed the shadow of the looming Ariados going towards Flare,

"Quickly, Flare use roar in the shadows!" The head Ariados was slammed against the wall with enough force to stun it for a good while. "Now use ember, carefully, don't wanna burn the place down." making sure Flare new that he didn't want a crispy bed to sleep on.

Edited by EXLink32

Ryan heard the crash and his eyes dashed directly toward the sound. He was astonished to see Kage lying on the floor. What was even more astonishing was the lack of Lucas. Ryan ran over in a split second. "Kage! Oh my god what happened to you? Where is Lucas?" He lifted Kage up and scanned the area in hopes of perhaps finding his Ralts.