Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

"Sure thing," Mareek said, can't helping a smiling a little. Good to know that maybe he had helped her out a little. Not far away, Java had also fallen asleep, tiny dash marks in it's eyes as drifted further and further into unconsciousness. " I guess the three of us should be heading back now, too." he held up the porygon's capsule, a red beam issuing out and recalling the exhausted Pokemon. "See you some time tomorrow," He said to Lana, then to Erce "Let's get back to the dorm, I'm sure you're getting tired as well." the mantis nodded reluctantly. Seems the course had been more demanding to her then she had let on.

"Well, good night, i guess." he called over his shoulder to Lana as he headed towards the doors of the gym and pushed them open, exiting with Erce in tow and heading back to the boy's dormitory building.

((I guess this is probably gonna be my IC last post in Chapter 1...))

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh, so that's what happened before I got there. I just assumed that you guys' 'rivalry' had only started from the battle that happened the later battle. Shiro, since your the only one of us that wasn't there, let's just say that it was an 'unpleasent' battle to say the least. Not really one that would be 'appreciated' by observers. Long story short, we were both searching for Shun, neither group knew eachother, the 'battle' happened, and the two of us found you 'interigating' Henry by the dorms shortly after." Robert had finished up the basic story, atleast what he knew, to save some time while Kenny was taking a breathe. 'Might aswell say what I know, save some time and all.'

Edited by TurboAura

Kenny continued on, answering Shiro's Question.

"To tell you the truth about what's going on between us, it wasn't that Battle that put a divide between us. Sure, it made me a little suspicious of him, but that was all. and to answer your other question, I don't know where he's from."

Kenny then continued with the Recollection of what had happened.

"As Robert said, there was a Second battle between me and Henry that day. this time, Zuko was the one who initiated it, and it only snowballed from there. After what Robert detailed happened, Henry and I didn't encounter each other until today, after all of us had gotten our second Partner, when we were in the Gym. I'd just gotten my second partner, a Zorua. I was a little startled by him at first, but me and Zorro quickly became close friends. I wasn't on as bad Terms with Henry as i am at this time, so i decided to introduce Zorro to the others. Zorro had taken on my shape at the time, leading Henry to think that Zorro was a Ditto instead of a Zorua, so we took advantage of the situation, getting a bit of mirth from the fact that Henry had missed the fact that Zorro's copy of me had a Tail, and it led to a Battle after you and Robert finished. That Battle you saw, and it ended in Henry Forfeiting against me."

Kenny then paused again to catch his breath.

Edited by K_H

"A little training wouldn't hurt, and I'm sure Flare would love to train with a friend." Flare yipped after Slade had finished his sentence. "Well that confirms Flare, how about you TX?" The floating ball ignored Slade entirely. "Come on don't be like that." He then knocked on the shiny bronze coat of the magnemite like knocking on a door. 101 then got mad a zapped Slade. "That was good, nice and powerful." He then fell back on the floor after being zapped.

"I still find it a bit weird how he reacted..." Shiro looked down at his feet. "I thought we were all going to have pancakes today..." He turned to Robert, who was still making them. He had a few already on the plates. "We could still eat if you guys want, and we could, I mean... It'd be nice if we left a few for Henry... so he can eat them tomorrow morning."

(Last post for Chapter 1, Turbo and K_H can still write how they all ate or whatever and how Kenny wrapped up the story over dinner or something ~)

Kenny smiled.

"Well, i can finish telling you the details of what happened while the three of us have dinner, Shiro."

Kenny then waited for Robert to finish cooking.

((Final Post for Chapter One.))

Edited by K_H

"Sound's like a plan to me. Can't really say I wasn't hungry myself.' After a bit, Robert had finish the pancakes for everyone. After they enjoyed the food, making sure to save Henry more than his fair share, they had Tal come out to get her food. When Tal came out, Robert was pointing her food out to her. After a pretty suprising, yet pretty much likely Icy Wind to the chest, Robert had shrugged it off to avoid getting one to the Face. She went into a little corner of the room for now, to eventually eat the food whenever everyone was gone, and the group ended up splitting off, finishing the day off.

(My final post for Ch.1. Just decided to tie up our 'loose ends.')

Edited by TurboAura

"Umm... I wouldn't--" Danielle started just as Slade received an electric shock to the face by his shiny Magnemite. 101 then resumed his bored expression as Danielle inched carefully around it to help Slade up. While Magnemite is certainly not a Dedenne, the electric attack did freak her out a bit. But Slade's sprawled out expression on the floor did make her chuckle. "Slade, didn't you learn anything about electricity from my story," Danielle quipped, resisting the urge to laugh as she held out her hand to help him back up. She also couldn't help but notice his green eyes that stood out from his mostly red attire. 'He looks good with green..." Danielle thought as her heart began to race. Startled, she quickly looked at TX to see if it was making any movement. As her heart rate returned to normal, she gave her grin once more, dismissing her strange movement as a delayed reaction to TX's Thundershock. "And you still have to introduce me to your amusing Magnemite here."

Avis, having a bird's eye, had spotted the strange behavior that overcame Danielle for a split second. Although Danielle quickly recovered, Avis knew that something was up. Maybe she will ask her master when they are back in their room, or wait for it to play out. Avis had a hunch on what that might be, but she will not spill the berries just yet. She flew back to her bowl and continued eating her dinner; for Avis, the Murkrow, this has turned out to be a very interesting day.

((I think this will be my last post for Chapter 1 unless Jory and ExLink have other plans.))

Slade regaining his bearings after the electric shock from TX. 'Should've seen that one coming.' he though to himself. Then he noticed Danielle reach her hand out to Slade to help him. He never actually met a girl that would even speak to hi let alone help him up. He grabbed her hand and said, "Thanks." He got back into his seat and said, "This little loner here is TX 101 ζ, or TX, or 101, or ζ depending on your mood of names. He doesn't like me or other people that I've noticed so far, but for battles this guy can take hits." Slade said with a hint of smugness in his voice. "Whoa, look at the time, I think soon we should go. Unless you two have something you want to do or have any last thoughts I'm off." He said tipping his hats to his friends. For some reason now he has this weird feeling around Danielle but for now he'll disregard it.

((Last post for Chapter 1 unless Jory has something else planned))

Edited by EXLink32

Jacob chuckled as the Magnemite shocked Slade. He knew the Pokemon wouldn't do anything to seriously harm his trainer. He then looked over at the two and smiled. "Yeah, I guess we could do some training! But we need to figure something out for Chalchi so that she can get trained, too!

"Of course we won't forget Chalchi! If fact, I think I have an idea for everyone. But, like Slade says, it's getting late, so how about we all walk and talk to bounce ideas off one another?" Danielle recommended as she put her trays of food into their respective places for cleaning. "Okay, so I was thinking that Chalchi can use Avis as a target..."

The two trainers and coordinator were soon heading out of the cafeteria with their Pokemon in tow, all the while talking about various topics about raising Pokemon and what classes were going to be like. At the crossroads, the guys and girl separated and head off to bed to prepare for tomorrow.

((I'm done~))

"WHY! CAN'T! YOU! PEOPLE! JUST! LEAVE! ME! ALONE!" Henry yelled those words as he continously thrust his fists into a tree. He didn't care about the pain or how many splinters he got. Suddenly, his side began hurting again and he slowly laid himself down leaning against the tree. He now had a good look at his Pokemon. His Venonat didn't seem to be bothered by it, but tears began filling up in the Vulpix's eyes.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize what I was doing was upsetting you. I just couldn't control myself. I try to think about how you feel to try and contain it." Henry saw the Vulpix shaking its head left and right. He was surprised and thought what else could be upsetting. Then it came to him. "You miss her, don't you." The Vulpix nodded its head slightly. "Come here." The Vulpix snuggled up to Henry trying to hide its face in his chest. "I'm so selfish. I was worked up about all my problems that I completely forgot you have it much worse. Even though we've had many battles together, you're not my pokemon. There's no greater pain than a Pokemon being separated from its trainer. I should've thought about that before taking you with me. My head was just fogged up by everything."

Zuko looked up and tried to put on a brave face. He didn't regret coming with Henry. He even tried holding back the tears. Henry than responded, "Don't worry; I know you wanted to come with me, but that doesn't mean you can't cry once in a while. You've endured things that even a big strong pokemon like Tyranitar couldn't handle, and I'm proud of you for that." The Vulpix seemed to feel a little better now, but still rather depressed. "There's a broken Xtransceiver I found in the junk yard before coming here. If I work at it long enough, I might be able to get it to work. My dad would be able to find her so that you could talk to her. Would you like that?" The Vulpix gave a slow lick to Henry's face. "I do remember one thing she always sung a little lullaby to help calm you down. My singing voice isn't that good, but would it help if I tried singing one?" The Vulpix slowly nodded its head. "Here goes:"

Henry gently sung the lullaby and was sure he messed up a line or two, but it seemed to put the Vulpix into a deep sleep. Henry carefully picked up the Vulpix and held it into his hands. The Venonat gave him a strange look. "Yeah, she had a strange habit of twisting the words, but that's just how he likes it. It's pretty late so we may as well get to bed too."

Henry quietly walked back hoping not to wake anyone. He unlocked the door to his room and noticed a place of pancakes left on a counter. He was so hungry that he couldn't help himself and finished off the whole plate before preparing for bed. A Vulpix remained snuggled by his side making the Venonat a bit jealous. The poor boy was forced to keep still in fear of crushing the Vulpix on one side of him or the giant bug on the other. Eventually, he fell asleep for the night. He knew he was going to be pretty busy trying to fix that machine so he needed all the sleep he could get.

((This is my last post for Ch 1. I doubt the others have anything to add at this point))

Edited by commander218