Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

((Chim, you make this too easy))

“Oh I see, you’re friends with that crying girl right? I should’ve know you have the same sense of none existing humor and would be a bully just like her.”

Henry gave a quick chuckle. "I'm sad you describe her like that because you're more of her friend than I am. So many people came to her aid just because she got a little sand in her eyes. Besides, I really don't care for the attention. I'm just simply trying to lift the mood. Girls like it when a guy has a little sense of humor, unless of course you're not a fan."

"I see that you're not the only one who dislikes Henry. He and i don't get along all that well, mainly because he's so stuck-up."

"I've been called worse," Henry responded. "Honestly, I really don't care what you think of me. I at least have a grip on reality."

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh, hey Shiro. About Henry... he and Kenny had gotten detention, so I'm guessing we won't see them for awhile. How about you? Feeling okay after all that's happened?" There would be alot to worry about, and that's just with what Robert had seen happen today.

KENNY AND HENRY

Kenny spoke to Henry, continuing to clean the Barbecue Dishes as he did so.

"Was i talking to you? no. and do i care about whether or not you're bothered? also no. so let's just get on with this."

Edited by K_H

"Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. There's so many things occurring for better or for worse that I just can't tell which is which anymore. Look, I know we barely know each other but I've decided I need to be forward about things. I'm a horrible actor as you can probably tell, and I'm sure by now you can tell that my flamboyant approach earlier was indeed fake. Look, I know you're close with Danielle, but I need you to keep something from her. If it wasn't obvious enough, my friend Jacob has a huge crush on her and I'm sort of acting as his wingman in the situation. I was kind of being a stress reliever in the situation. While I'm not gay, I am bisexual, and pretty heavy on the gay side to put it bluntly. Anyway, I'm not surprised if you don't want to really keep going knowing who I really am, and knowing I'm truly not that interested. In fact, I do have someone in my sights currently, but I doubt it will work out anyway. But what I am 100% sure of is that I'm still gonna be rooting for you in every contest you participate in." Ryan sighed and looked at Doux. God I sure hope Claude doesn't hate me now. Doesn't look like Doux wants to kill me so that may be a good sign.

((I have just enough time for one more))

"Ouch, and here I thought I was the cruel one here. Might want to work on that little temper of yours before you break one of those dishes. I don't want to be doing this tomorrow." Henry picked up, rinsed and dried a few dishes. He actually seemed pretty calm compared to the other two boys.

Edited by commander218

"I see... Then that also explains those two extra Pokemon you ha e by your side?" He tilted a bit towards them to show what he meant. "And ybout myself..." He stopped, thinking about what to say. He definitely didnt want to tell him about how frustrated he got after seeing that guy trash Danielle's Pokemon around... it would be too embarassing. What would he think of Shiro after that? He also couldnt tell him any of the two reasons behind his frustration.

So he just lied to him.

"I'm fine... Yeah, Im fine, just a bit tired from... things." He didnt notice it, but his hand moved over his right pocket. Over the Poke ball with Tal in it.

"Erm... do you maybe, I dont know... wanna go get something to eat? I, I think I'm starving."

"Well, ok then. Something to eat, eh? Sounds good. You wanna just grab something from the Cafeteria, or should one of us cook something up? I know some basic stuff, but it's your choice." Just then, Robert's stomache started growling. 'Come on, just wait a bit. Let him decide,' he thought to himself.

• Support Squad

Claudes face was just surprised, his mouth making a perfect O. "Well, that's a lot to swallow. Ryan, i'm really not as close to Danielle as you might think. She's nice and all, but I've known her less than 48 hours. That said, my lips are sealed about what you've said." Claude pause, taking a second to digest this information. Claude wasn't much for gossip-mongering, but stuff like this was interesting regardless. "Well, I guess good luck to you and Jacob both. So, now you've practically laid bare your freaking soul, do you want to take the chance to pick my brain? It only seems fair." Claude offered, with a friendly, hopefully reassuring smile.

KENNY

Kenny said nothing, and simply continued to scrape off the dishes, not even seeming to be angry at all.

RYU AND ZORRO

Zorro's stomach grumbled, and he spoke using Illusion.

"Sounds good to me."

Ryu, however, noticed Shiro's unwitting movement, and tried sensing the Aura of the Pokemon inside the Pokeball. however, he was unable to, and decided to leave investigating it for a later time.

Edited by K_H

"I won't exactly pick your brain for the details but anything you're willing to tell me I'll be happy to learn. My bad if I made you uncomfortable with my sudden exposure." Ryan sighed. I fucked up didn't I. Making new friends is so damn hard.

• Support Squad

Claude sighed. I guess he's a bit nervy or something Claude rested his hands on the back of his head, watching Doux float lightly on the breeze.

"Well, for one, there seems to be a few dicks on campus. Alvin, for one and maybe that Henry guy. It kinda annoys me that they're being considered for a license when they seem to be the kind of people who would use their their pokemon the wrong way in an instant if they had to, Y'know?"

Shiro smiled. It was easier to talk to robert than he would have imagined. "Lets go to the cafeteria... I mean, cooking something now would take too long, dont you think?"

Shun noticed Ryu's strange movements and his interest for Shiro and started eyeing him intensly, telling him to back off from her master.

Ryan cocked an eyebrow. "Never had the pleasure of getting to know that Alvin guy." Ryan's sarcasm was obvious in his words. "That Henry guy does seem shady though. I told you I had a friend named Kage. Well that Henry guy's Vulpix was dragging away his Ralts. When Kage caught him, Henry didn't even bother to give a half-hearted apology. Horrible attitude." As Ryan said that, he held the dormitory building's door open for Claude to enter.

RYU AND ZORRO

Zorro spoke using Illusion.

"Race ya there, Ryu!"

Ryu grinned, and the two of them sped towards the Cafeteria.

Edited by K_H

Shun turned away her head, accepting Ryu's apology. What was he doing anyways?

The two soon arrived at the cafeteria, and Shiro was taking a look at what they had to offer. "So, what would you like to eat? There's not much to choose from, though..." He added, dissapointedly.

"Hah, I'll pretty much eat whatever they serve. Can't really say I'm a picky eater." With that, Robert headed over to the line and grabbed the first tray that he could see. After which he grabbed some Poke-Kibble for his Pokemon, as well as for Kenny's Pokemon, and payed the resulting BP. "Hope Kenny Atleast pays me back for these two's food." With that, Robert found a decent table for them, and set the Poke-Kibble down for the group of 4 following him.

"I see..." Shiro couldnt agree less. Despite his obvious modesty, his taste buds were still of esteemed origin. "Then I suppose I'll have..." No, a salad wouldnt relieve him from his hunger, but the hamburger he tried yesterday wasnt nearly good enough for him to want to eat it again... "I mean... I don't know..."

He picked a tray following Robert and continued to the line. He felt as if he shouldnt spend tok much BP so he didnt pick anything for Shun, not like she even cared. She just continued to look around herself, oblivious to most things happening down there. When he got to the counter, Shiro just told the lady that she gives him whatever she had but that it has to be for 5 BP, nothing more or less.

He ended up with a haamburger and some fried chips... But it was still better than nothing and he sat on the table with Robert.

"Would it be a problem if I let Shun down so she can get a bit of that food? I mean... I dont want to be a burden or something... And you paid for that with your own battle points..."

((Chim, I'm just gonna leave it up to you to give Lana some dialogue...sorry, but it feels too weird to play both parts of this particular conversation...))

Mareek sat down on a bench against the wall of the gymnasium as Erce and Java rested for a while after the obstacle course. He had to admit, it had been a bit more demanding then he had expected... which was good, these two needed a bit of training anyway. Erce had done pretty well all and all...though... Java on the other hand. well... It's gonna be a long and rocky road to whip it into shape, that was assured by the results today.

A Rhyhorn caught his attention sleeping nearby... and that's when he realized that the girl from earlier this morning was sitting right beside him.

"Oh...uh..." He honestly hadn't even noticed her already there when he had sat down. oh well... actually, now that he thought about it, he never answered her question earlier today, did he? That's right, Redwood had called everyone in for class before he could. eh...well, He was already sitting here now, and just getting up abruptly and moving away probably wouldn't be the nicest thing in the world to do. But man... was she silent... "Er...Sorry about not noticing you there...you're so quiet I completely overlooked you. By the way, I don't think I got your name earlier."

Evan was frustrated. Phoebe had given him the most annoying task. He had to clean up all those classrooms that they used earlier that morning, but this time the remote controlled walls were down resulting in 9 smaller classrooms. To top it off she told him the doors should be locked at any time he was not around, which was pretty much all the time. She handed him a few keys and told him once he was done he had to hand them over to Professor Redwood or his assistants.

At first Evan considered it an easy job, the door locking and unlocking would be annoying, but then he found out the elevator didn’t work. He had to walk all 7 floors every single time carrying those evil pieces of machinery created by human evolution. He started to get annoyed almost straight away and soon lost his temper again. It was even worse when he forget which key unlocked which door. He had to go through more than 9 keys every single time. At one point he tried to figure out how many laptops there were and how many he could carry each time. He guessed about 200 laptops were there and the result pissed him off so bad he threw the keys to the wall in his frustration. Of course they fell down 2 entire floors. Needless to say Evan had a seriously bad day.

He was almost halfway when his stomach started to make noise. He hadn’t eaten anything yet since his detention started right after class. He collected the last laptops from the classroom and was about to leave, when his eye fell on a paper and a package lying on the first desk. The student left the classroom and looked in the hallway but didn’t see anyone which was rather strange. He hadn’t seen the paper earlier so someone just placed it there. He walked over to see it was a letter addressed to him.

To Evan Reeves

Hello Evan, feeling frustrated right about now? Can’t blame you. I would react the same way. You don’t belong here, Evan. You know that right? I did a background check on you and saw your results. You were clearly struggling with the test and you failed big time. As a matter of fact you were last. You don’t believe me? Check the other side of this letter.

Evan turned the letter around and saw something that appeared to be the last page of a rank last. His name was last and next to it was a number: 27/100.

You see? You don’t belong here. I’ve seen many guys like you, Evan. Boys full of dreams of becoming a champion one day. That was your dream right? Conquering Hoenn with your brother? You both wanted to come here, but it turned out differently… But that’s not important. What is, is that I’m not your enemy. I’m your friend that appreciates your talents. You can still be a great trainer and I can help you with that. You just don’t belong here. Everyone here grew up with Pokémon and got in easily, but not you. No, you had to work to get in here and now you’re wasting all that precious money on something ridiculous. Your mother could’ve used it to feed your little sister or to pay your brother’s medical bills.

Am I right? You see; the reason I’m leaving you this letter is because I noticed you, Evan. I noticed your temper and picking fights with people. I like that. I see potential in you but you’re just in the wrong place to let it bloom. You’re the type of guy that’s more suited to learn by doing, not teaching. If you do that you can be a great trainer. Interested? And what if I told you that you could make money this way as well? You can pay your brother’s medical bills and your mother doesn’t have to work double shifts anymore.

Let’s face it. You took on the role of a father in the household and what does a father do? Exactly; he takes care of his family. Your father didn’t do that. Yes, I know, I did a background check on you as well. You want revenge, don’t you Evan? And what if I could help you with that as well?

All you have to do is something for my organization. There will be a time when we need your help. I’m not going to tell you where or when, just know that I’ll contact you.

If you agree all you have to do is open up the package and take the water stone in it with you. Yes, I even know your Eevee wants to be a Vaporeon. Consider it a gift since those stones are really expensive but that shows how much confidence I have in you, Evan.

Take the stone and destroy this letter. If you do that I’ll give you your opportunity for revenge and train you to become a real trainer.

It’s your choice. You can also give this paper to Redwood or Cadmus, but let’s be honest, why would you want to waste this opportunity? They can’t help you. They are busy with other students as well. To them you are just a number. To us you are someone with potential.

Think this through Evan.

Evan thought things through. Was this supposed to be some kind of joke? He looked outside the classroom again but didn’t see anyone. He opened the package and found a blue stone which made him believe the letter was real. But why him of all people? It was just like the letter said, he had no experience and little knowledge compared to others. Maybe I’m an easy target he thought. But in the end he didn’t care. The letter was right about everything which made him believe even harder it had to be real. He didn’t think Professor Redwood or any other teacher would set him up like this.

Evan stood there for almost thirty minutes thinking. He had a really bad day. He felt overwhelmed when he first entered the Academy and saw all the other trainers and some simply outclassed him. And then there was that stupid test. It made him really feel out of place and starting to doubt he was in the right place. The letter pretty much confirmed it. But what bothered him the most was the idea that he really was wasting money his family didn’t had. It only added to the stress he felt every day. It even made him snap multiple times at some random kid that annoyed him. Would he be better off earning money and working for whoever sent him the message?

Edited by Chimchain

"Oh, sure I guess that works, especially since I got 5BP from you earlier. Kiai, how bout I just give you my fries to split the food?" Kiai was good with that, and did his best to separate his bowl into three different sides. "Wait, three? Oh yeah, Shun and Tal. Shiro, you wanna get Tal out so she can grab some? Kiai really doesn't mind."

Slade and Flare finished this obby with little to not sweat, it was TX who was having the trouble. Slade and Flare were used to this kind of stuff due to their past, though TX didn't seem to have much experience with rigorous training. As the three got lunch, well two, Slade never saw 101 eat anything, maybe its because he doesn't have a mouth but if 101 was ok with not eating food why force him? He clearly knows himself more then Slade does. They made their way to an empty table since the only friends Slade had made, being Mareek and Danielle were busy, Mareek was chatting it up with a girl and Danielle a guy. Slade felt alone, though he always felt alone, his parents were barely home if ever, he wasn't the best at first impressions or making friends and who wears a fedora nowadays. Usually when he felt alone he puts on his headphones and sinks into his music, not caring about anything else because in his life right now the only thing he cares... actually he doesn't know what he cares about. He has Flare and TX, that's a given, He has his only two friends Mareek and Danielle who seem to be hanging out with others and have their own goals, but Slade just signed up as a trainer to find something to do in his time. He has no other motivation, not to be the best like no one ever was, not to be a coordinator, not a breeder, hell he only choose to be a trainer because it sounded more fun than the other to options. As Slade sat there alone thinking of what he is gonna do with his life he started to get a little depressed.

RYU AND ZORRO

Ryu and Zorro both started in on their food. partway through, Zorro paused in order to speak.

"Thanks, Robert."

Zorro then continued eating.

Stratos

Lana was sitting on the bench, her Nidoran was sitting on the bench by her arm resting up and Rhy was completely asleep on the floor not far from it's trainer. That went a lot better than she thought it would, she was pretty sure anyway, she and Rhy were a good team and Queen seemed to do pretty good with her as well. Her attention was brought to Mareek as he sat next to her and she tensed slightly, she didn't think he noticed her when he sat chose to sit down.

"Er...Sorry about not noticing you there...you're so quiet I completely overlooked you. By the way, I don't think I got your name earlier."

She blushed somewhat, slightly embarrassed by that remark, but she had gotten similar comments before. "I-I'm Lana, nice to formally meet you," she said. Queen shifted and nudged her hand and she glanced over to the pokemon before looking back to Mareek. "Ah- This is Queen," she motioned to the Nidoran. "And my partner Rhy," she gave a motion to the sleeping Rhyhorn. Lana shifted slightly and somewhat awkwardly before continuing. "I'm in the Breeder Program, and you are...?"