Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Claude let out one of his rare, rolling belly laughs. It was rare to find someone so open like this.i t was a nice change. "I know quite well what you mean, but instead of speaking in riddles, how about we just get some food and enjoy each others company."

Ryan couldn't help but sink away to the kitchen as his flamboyant friends chatted away. Well damn, quite friendly already. Ryan took out all the leftovers from the small refrigerator. "Well, if you don't mind taking time away from what I assume to be innocent flirtation, I've prepared my masterpiece once again." Ryan gave a wink to Claude and nudged Kage on the shoulder. I'm not sure if this is even flirtation or just sharing opportunities to embarrass me. Ryan took a bite of one of his sandwiches, allowing Feroces and Glacien to munch on some of the berries.

• Support Squad

Claude stomach grumbled, sending a clear signal. "Ah, allow me to partake in your masterpiece." Claude went ahead and grabbed a sandwich, taking a probing bite. (To quote) "Oh myyyy, that is just fantastic... Are you sure you haven't visited Lumiose city? This is on par with a fair few of the cooks there." Meanwhile Doux and Lancelot both approached Feroces and Glacien, united in their caution of the new pokemon, wishing to have some berries.

Ryan was thrilled to see that his food was still a hit. "I'm certain I've never been. I generally did the cooking because my father that stayed at home was an awful cook and my other one always came in too late for dinner, so my sister and I cooked the meals."

Glacien and Feroces were rather territorial of their food at first, but a well placed glare from Ryan made them scoot over to share with Doux and Lancelot. Ryan gave them a smile and took a bite of his sushi. However, it ended up being lodged in his throat. Ryan began to choke, coughing and attempting to heave up the food. He began to lose air as he fell to the floor, his head slamming down into the carpet. Within seconds, Glacien had jumped off the table and began squirting water into Ryan's mouth in an attempt to help him swallow. However, Ryan had passed out cold and the water only made it worse.

• Support Squad

Rather alarmed, Claudes mind booted up the old hamster wheel whilst his body jumped to help Ryan. He moved Glacien, much to the pokemons protest, and tried to perform CPR. He pressed down on Ryans chest, trying to dislodge the peice of food, when it came shooting out of Ryans mouth, hitting Doux smack in the middle of his face. "Woah, this is not a good time for choking. You okay?" Claude had a worried frown on his face.

Ryan suddenly came to consciousness. Upon opening his eyes he saw Claude on top of him. "Huh? Um... I guess I'm ok. My head feels like shit now though." Ryan made his best attempt to rise to his feet but fell back down as a wave of pain swept through his head. He cringed, the pain like nothing he had experienced before. "Shit... I can't get up, my head feels like it may explode at any moment. Can one of you get me over to the couch maybe?" Ryan placed his hands on the floor, sitting up the best he could, as Feroces hopped off the table to stand next to Glacien with worried looks on both faces.

((Poor Kenny. He missed out on all the fun)).

Yes, mother. Henry thought to himself. He knew if he pushed Alvin any more, there was a good chance he'd have a fork jammed into his neck. He now continued to work without speaking a word.

KENNY

Kenny simply remained silent and continued doing his chore through the whole conversation, getting through about a quarter of the Barbecue Dishes in total since the beginning of the Detention. then once the others had finished, he spoke up in a chiding tone, continuing to scrape off the Dishes as he did so.

"There's this wonderful thing called 'Multitasking', you know. Maybe you two lovebirds can do it the next time you squabble while you have something you need to do? I do it all the time, one example being right now."

RYU AND ZORRO

Ryu spoke up.

"Ri ru orro ri iol lu lu ri ri ol iol ol iu."

Zorro then translated what Ryu had just said.

"Ryu just said that we'd help you guys if it got out-of-hand. He's right about that."

Edited by K_H

After an elongated sigh, Ryan agreed. "Sure, just no jacking off or anything. Also, you have to be my personal servant for a little bit since I'm basically incapable of physically exerting myself for a little while." Ryan made a weak grin before another wave of pain shot through his head. "Sorry about that guys. I didn't mean to make you go through so much trouble." Ryan's face contorted to a frown. Could this get any better? Fires in the dorms, awkward confessions, almost dying. This place is fantastic. Ryan made an attempt to lighten the mood. "It's nice being the one getting carried by some nice strong guys from time to time." Ryan gave a wink and another wave of pain soared through his head. Is my happiness a detriment to you Mr. Pain?

Shiro was taken by surprise. Did he just say 'good friend'? He blushed and tried to cover it up by munching at the burger. He was close to finishing it.

When he finally took the final bite, he removed the crumbs from his face and spoke. "You'd do that? I'm not sure what to say!"

"Ryu just said that we'd help you guys if it got out-of-hand. He's right about that."

Shiro turned to the Zorua which just spoke. Shun was also looking at him, nodding happily. "You too? Uh, that's really nice from you... Nobody ever really... treated me like this before... Uh, except for you, Shun!" He quickly added the last part when he saw Shun's frown.

• Veterans

Arriving at the entrance to the Forest,James walked in.There were large trees surrounding him everywhere he looked,plants he didnt know the name of and Pokemon playing in the grass and trees.Walking in further he saw a family of Starly;Starly,2 Staravia and 2 Staraptor.Wanting to make a Picture he took out his Camera and Tripod,Carefully adjusting it to get the best shot.Suddenly there was a loud voice that made the Birds fly away,trying to find out where it was coming from he realized it was from his very own Pokedex as it had analysed the data of the Staraptor. Disappointed James sat down and the grass and stared at the clouds.

"Hey, it's no problem dude, it's the least I could do for you in that kind of situation." It really wasn't anything special. From what he'd observed of Shiro as of now, he needed good friends to help him out, and Robert had no problem helping people that were accepting of it.

Around then, Robert had finished his own burger, and the only Pokefood left was the 'section' left off for Tal. "So, anything you wanna do until those 2 are done working?"

(Go ahead and Bunny him around Bfroger.)

Edited by TurboAura

"Alright then..." Mareek said. He could tell that he should probably just get up and leave soon. His hunch earlier about her being Shy seemed to be more than right, given the fact that she kept her eyes elsewhere the entire time she spoke. Though, he couldn't help but relate to her a little. As a little kid he himself had gone through somewhat of a hard time being around people... but that hadn't been anything that Erce couldn't fix over the years. "ya know, I used really shy around other people too," he continued. "Well, at least a bit of a more than I am now...I honestly still don't like large groups and that kind of stuff..."

Henry pulled out the earplugs and then looked over to Alvin. "I say we call a temporary truce. If someone has to stay behind and finish the rest of the dishes, we volunteer Kenny since he's claiming to be so good at it.

"So, anything you wanna do until those 2 are done working?"

"I mean... if you want to, we could go try and feed Tal..." Shiro asked and stood up, followed by Robert. He nodded, they left the trays, picked up the poke food and went towards the dorms.

"It's already getting late?" Shiro looked up to the sky, now colored in a red hue. "Time goes faster when you're in school..." He added in an almost somber voice. He had usually been stuck inside his home throughout the day since he never (only once) went to normal school, so he never noticed just how time was passing outside.

• Support Squad

Claude leaned in close, though just close enough to not be intimate (If that could be managed) "Don't expect me to indulge you with that" And with that Claude stepped away and picked up Lancelot, who was quite shocked, and sat down in another chair. "So, Kage, what's your deal then?" Claude really had no other idea how to hprase it, but he didn't want to ask about anything specific and be rude.

KENNY

Kenny kept on scraping the Dishes, speaking as he did so.

"Henry, I think that the Teachers would disapprove of you leaving Detention early, so don't even bother trying. oh, and i wasn't claiming to be good at cleaning dishes, i was simply saying how easily distracted you are."

He'd gotten through one-half of the Barbecue Dishes at this point, and seemed to be going slightly faster than before, as if he wanted to get out of the same room as Henry ASAP.

RYU AND ZORRO

Ryu then spoke up.

"Iol iol ri ol riol ri?"

Zorro translated what Ryu had just said.

"Ryu just suggested that we go do some training, and i'd say that he's got a good idea."

"Yeah, I guess it is pretty late. Remember what they say, Time flies when your having fun, and there was enough 'fun' in the morning today to suprise a circus." While everything was just flowing by Robert, he had to admit that there was more than enough excitement for a week for just today, and they were headed to the dorms to get ready for whatever Tal was gonna throw at them.

Just then, Robert had heard Ryu's and Zorro's remarks. "Really, you two? I'm good leading you around, even feeding you, but I think that you guys should wait until Kenny's done to train, or Atleast until we get our Snorunt friend fed, okay?"

Jacob blushed profusely, having received exactly the kind of response he'd hoped to avoid. He laughed awkwardly for a moment, trying not to make too much eye contact with Danielle, as she would surely know something was amiss if he allowed her the opportunity to notice. "Yeah, they were certainly annoying with those moves in our battle." He then attempted to address the other half of Danielle's reply, tripping over his own words a few too many times. "I'm not... I mean... You don't have to... It's not a big-... I'm not that-..." he tried to get out, dying a little on the inside each time he failed to come up with a response, his face turning progressively redder as he went along. He stopped trying to talk for the moment and sighed, hanging his head in defeat. "Let's go get food," he said suddenly, trying to change the subject.

RYU AND ZORRO

Ryu looked slightly embarrassed, but Zorro simply nodded, and then spoke.

"Sounds like a plan."

Zorro then turned to Ryu, speaking normally this time.

"ru, zor zoru. zor zor ru zo oru." [Translation: "Ryu, it's okay. things are going to be fine."]

Ryu seemed to perk up after Zorro finished speaking.

((Turbo, feel free to have Ryu and Zorro follow Robert and Shiro.))

Edited by K_H

"Today was pretty turbulent..." Shiro turned to Robert (without making eye contact, which is pretty much a given at this point. The only time I'll be specifying such a thing would be in case Shiro actually does make direct eye contact. Any other time, it is presumed he did not make it). "Could we maybe go to the shop before heading off? I- I was just thinking of maybe cooking something up for Henry once he gets there... They are gonna be skipping dinner time during detention..."

(Turbo, you can lead them through the shop [just say they got some ingedients and Shiro payed for them] and then to the dorms. I'll have Shiro guide Robert to the room 026 and then we can have the little event with Tal ~)