Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

"No no no no no. Jacob its actually an ongoing joke between us. Y'see, when we were kids, we were playing hide and seek and he could never find me even though I was always moving right in front of him!" Ryan sighed as he tried to hide the fact. He shuffled his feet awkwardly. "Right Kage?"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Welp, unpacking's done with.' Since Robert was done with the main 'settling in', he decided to check the his surroundings 'a little more indepth'. Looking at the end table, he saw the Pokedex's for the 2 of them, which he chose to let Kenny pick first. Along with them were the apparent academy books.

Now, moving onto the kitchen. Now he wasn't really 'hungry', specially from the lunch he had a while ago, but he might as well check out what they had. There was a pretty basic stovetop system, but the Fridge! Such a selection, MooMoo-Burger, Karp-Meat, you could even swear that there would be some Gogoat-Cheese in there. Chef, Robert wasn't, but he atleast knew some 'basic recipes', thanks to his Mother's 'Just incase' ideals. That alone made him appreciate those ideas. Heck, he might even whip up some dinner when they get back, likely getting a third-serving for the likely-to-be-begging Riolus.

((wow, you guys are work fast))

"Well this isn't where I wanted to go." Henry looked at the door labeled with a 26. "I guess it's good that we at least found the room. May as well drop our stuff off while we're here." The boy pulled his backpack off his shoulder to make sure everything was still there. "It's pitiful we could only bring so little. Let's see here...only my emergency stash of Poke seems to have been stolen guess that means we're really lucky."

"Vulpix?" The tiny creature scratched on the door anxiously awaiting for its master.

"Fine, fine, we can go in already. Just promise me you'll play nice." Henry tried to unlock the door, but was surprised it was unlocked already. He turned the knob and slowly opened the door.

After Robert finished unpacking, Kenny finished his tenth round of Clock Solitaire, and decided to get completely unpacked. After he put away his Card Deck, he headed over to the Side Table, and took a Blue Pokedex before putting his stuff on the remaining bed. He and Ryu still weren't hungry because they'd had breakfast on the way to the Academy.

Kage sighed. "Yeah, alright, whatever. You don't have to lie on my behalf, Ryan. In fact, please don't. It's not like you wouldn't have figured it out pretty quick, but yeah, I can't see a thing. Haven't been able to for years now. Lucas here helps me get around when I can't do so myself, though he gets pretty easily distracted." He gestured in the direction of the Ralts as if to give an example. The Pokemon in question happened to be gazing intently at the Trapinch, poking at him with a tiny amount of telekinetic force. "Before you ask, the reason I didn't tell you was that I don't need people all over me all the time. Everyone's gotta help the blind kid, but maybe the blind kid doesn't want - or need - help. Do me a favor and try not to let the teachers know." Kage shrugged. After a moment, he asked, "Make sense?"

Ryan stood in silence before he turned away as a tear slid down his cheek. Goddamnit, you've already fucked things up. You've lied and revealed someone's secret without their consent. What the hell is wrong with you?

Ryan turned around, trying to keep as emotionless a face as possible. "I'm really sorry Kage. I never meant to say that. I guess, since you'll be roommates and seeing each other for a while, you two might as well talk it out. If you want to go do something before 6 I'll be waiting outside. Without even looking for their approval, Ryan speed-walked out of the dorm. However, he had forgotten Glacien, who with a sharp cry, turned and rolled off after him. Ryan turned back at the door and saw Glacien trying his best to push it open. He opened the door and let Glacien roll straight into his arms, like they'd done for five years.

"Ah, damnit. Sorry to walk off all abruptly like this, but I gotta talk to him really quick." He walked as quickly as he could after the other boy, leaving his Ralts to harass play with the Trapinch. Walked straight into the door, in fact, resulting in a thud followed up by a particularly vehement Japanese expletive. He shoved the door open, frustrated, and turned to Ryan and his Spheal. "Listen, man, it's fine. It's not like you knew I didn't want people to know; it wasn't exactly a secret back in Mossdeep. You getting upset over saying something you didn't even know was wrong isn't gonna help me, and it's obviously not good for you, so how about we just forget about it?" This isn't how I wanted this to go. I knew this was dumb as hell, and now I hurt a nice guy.

((He can hear you, so Kage has a pretty good idea of where you're standing.))

With everything in the room checked out, and the simple look-around done, Robert picked up the remaining Pokedex, which seemed to be the red one left. 'So, anything you wanna do, or check out before 6?'

Edited by TurboAura

Ryan turned and stared into Kage's eyes for a minute before realizing it was of no use and responded. "I'd love to do that. I don't know, its just, I was always the guys everyone liked in Mossdeep but now I'm just normal and I need to get used to it. I can't get away with doing stuff like that here. I'm sure people will be accepting of your condition anyway. I was wondering, do you and Jacob wanna hit up the cafeteria with me? Glacien's getting hungry again and so am I. Want to be ready for what's happening at 6, y'know?" Ryan stood up and placed his hands on Kage's shoulders, wanting a hug for comfort, but realized it probably wasn't the best time.

Kage returned the hug quickly before disengaging himself. "Thanks. It's the teachers I'm worried about for the most part; I don't wanna get slapped into some disabled kids program, I just want to take my classes and get to know some good people and Pokemon. I'll catch up to you at the cafeteria in a bit, since I'm sure Jacob is a bit lost at this point." He went back inside, nearly crashing into the door again. "Gotta say, it'd be nice to be able to use my cane for the first couple weeks here, though, at least until I get used to the layout." At his old school, he'd never really needed the folding cane, since he knew the school inside and out already, but going new places necessitated its use.

"Robert, i don't really have anything planned between now and Six. Oh, i nearly forgot!"

Kenny then picked up his Pokedex, kneeled down next to Ryu, and scanned him with it.

"Robert, we should probably scan our Pokemon's Data. The Pokedexes are Blank, after all."

"Ok Kage, see you over there!" Ryan shouted before looking at Glacien. He pursed his lips and with a a baby voice said, "Here that? We're gonna get you some food!" Glacien jumped a little and did the ever so quick and simple roll into Ryan's arms as he walked over to the cafeteria.

'Heh, guess that sounds good.' Robert took out his Pokedex and scanned Kiai.

[Riolu, the Emanation Pokemon,

-It Uses the shape of Aura's , which can change according to emotion, to communicate with others-(X)

Specified Pokemon, owner registered...

Level- 8 Male

Moves:

-Forsight -Quick Attack -Endure -Counter ]

'That's pretty... Specific. Must be a newer software.'

Having followed them outside, Jacob nodded after a bit of consideration. He's proud, I'll give him that. And that's going to make him a tough trainer for sure. I'd definitely want him on my side in a battle. He quickly realized his mistake. "I'll keep my mouth shut. But I think you've gotten the hang of taking care of yourself. I respect that a lot." Jacob smiled and turned to Ryan. "I wouldn't worry about it. I was close enough to the truth. It wouldn't have been much longer before I realized." He paused, glancing down at his stomach. "But I'm really hungry. I haven't eaten all day. What do you guys say to going and grabbing a bite to eat?"

Edited by Jory

"I was just about to ask you that. Let's go." He stooped down to pick up his Ralts, then walked off a short distance before stopping. "Which way again? Oh, yeah, and before we go anywhere, do you mind, yknow, covering for me a bit if a teacher gets suspicious? Really don't want to go through all that bull again."

Shiro paused when he heard something on the other sidd of the door.

'Footsteps?' His heart sank. He knew he was supposed to have a roommate, but it kinda suddenly struck him now. Or maybe it was one of the teachers, which would have been even worse cosidering he hadnt yet hidden the knives and the Slowpoke tail was still sizzling on Shun's will o wisp flame. Shun was maintaining the fire strong while Shiro examined the Pokedexes and the books on the couch, but he stopped now that he had to carefully listen to the faint footsteps. With each new step he heard, his heart started beating faster and faster. He was gasping for air now, and Shun noticed it. He let the blue flame fade away while he rushed to see what was wrong with Shiro.

"Shun, someone is coming..." Shiro gasped as the footsteps suddenly went silent. There was a moment of complete silence (except for te sounds of Shiro gasping and his heart beating) before he heard a loud pitch cry coming right from behind the door. Thats when he saw the doorknob slowly turning, and the door opened with a silent creek.

"No no, please, this isnt m- mine, I did nothing wrong please dont expell me on the first day! Please!" Shiro threw himsel from the couch, pushing the food and the pan down on the cold kitchen floor with his hand and jumping on the box so he would cover it with his body. He was silently sobbing, and his eyes were shut as he saueezed the box with his full might.

A loud bang came from the floor as Henry entered the room. He saw a little ralts quickly hide under the bed and a box moaning about his troubles. "This is going to be one of those years." The boy thought to himself. He turned to look at his partner who was gazing upon the dropped pan, drooling at the delicious meal sizzling on the floor. "Only you would be thinking of food in a time like this."

"...Vulpix?" The fox walked over to the pan and began sniffing it.

"Zuko, that isn't yours...I doubt that's going to stop you." He turned to the box. "My Vulpix seems fond of your cooking. Do you mind if he eats some of it? In return, I'll take the blame for whatever it is you're worried about. Don't worry, I'm already going to get in trouble for trying to fix that PC. Don't even want to know how it quotes Shakespeare now." He grumbled the last little bit hoping the boy wouldn't hear it.

Edited by commander218

"Huh?" Shiro was finished now... He just made a complete fool of himself in front of his new roommate.

"I'm sorry..." He cried out, pushed the boy away and ran through the open door.

'I really screwed up now, again... Stupid. How would a teacher even be able to know he brought his kitchen knives here? Like it matters now...' Shiro ran through the busy halls, pushing away anyone who got in his path. 'I might as well just rum away... yes, that would be the best...' He paused when he reached the dorm gates. He was sweating and panting again. 'Why did I think I would be able to make things work here? I already messed up twice, and its only the first day. Rumors are going to spread through the academy and everybody will think Im some weirdo...' His hand left a moisty mark on the glass door when he touched it. He clenched his fists and slammed them against the door, opening them forcfully. 'I should get expelled, yeah... This isnt a place for me to be.'

Shiro ran outside, swinging his head around in a frantic attempt to find some "safe" place. His gaze fell upon the lush forest next to the dorm. Perfect.

• Support Squad

Claude couldn't help smiling. This conversation was a bundle of fun, and helped to wash away the nerves Claude had been hiding.

"Well, .I'm afraid that information is as classified as whether or not Prof Redwood wears boxers or briefs, but I'll say that I've seen a few cuties around." Claude said with a wink "But anyway, I fear Doux might have fallen asleep on poor Avis, and I wouldn't want to trouble your poor pokemon any further~ Besides, there's so much to find here I'm ready to explode with curiosity!"

"This is just not my day. Zuko, the boy left his Pokemon here and I'm a bit worried about what he will do." The Vulpix ignored him enjoying his meal. "I really need to make some friends. You probably don't even understand what I'm saying." The Vulpix gave him a quick glare before going back to his meal. The boy crouched to look under the bed seeing the pokemon giving off a nasty look. "If I was in your shoes, I'd do the same. We Orre folk aren't the friendliest of people." The boy straightened his glasses. "These glasses here let me see what you'd consider the heart of a pokemon. My Vulpix found them one day next to the Relic Stone. Zuko over there is pretty much open to anyone who gives him food. Your heart seemed pretty open to the boy, but is completely shut to me."

The Ralts crawled further back under the bed fully prepared to attack. "I don't know if you understand me, but we're going to need to work together. I could easily have Vulpix sniff him out, but that wouldn't do any good. All you have to do is lead me to him. Shouldn't be too hard for you." The Ralts slowly crawled a bit closer to Henry.

"Vulpix!" The fox jump under the bed giving a loud cry. The Ralts dove into the shadows and emerged right outside the doorway.

"Just when I was about to make progress, you had to screw it up. Don't just sit there, find that Ralts." The boy and his pokemon ran outside the door, but they already lost sight of both the pokemon and the trainer. "Be thankful it doesn't have teleport. We'd be doomed if it did. Any ideas on where they went?" The Vulpix sniffed around, but couldn't seem to pick up anything. "Sometimes I think you really are worthless. You go left while I go right. If you find anything, you know where to find me." The duo split ways in search for their roomies.

Edited by commander218

• Veterans

Going back up the stairs of the Dorms,James went to his room to find nothing but the breeze of the wind greeting him.

"Eh where did Ryan go?"James said to himself. As he was hungry,James decided to go to the cafeteria and get some food for him and Shade;

Jacob nodded. "Of course. Let's go." The pair headed to the cafeteria, where Jacob got in line and got his food relatively quickly. Despite the fact that it was the first day, the people working behind the counters knew what they were doing and were able to serve the lines quickly and with few issues. After filling his tray with food, the teen exited the cafeteria and, seeing Ryan, took a seat at his table. "Hey, Ryan, glad we ran into you here." Jacob began picking at his food, waiting for Kage to arrive before beginning to tuck into the main portion of his meal.

"Oh hey Jacob!" Ryan said. He realized that he had forgotten to get food for himself. "Would you mind if I went and grabbed some food for myself? Seems as if I've forgotten to get my own food." He told Glacien to stay still and try not to bother Jacob while he ran over to get his food. The line had died down and he got a hefty meal, covering his tray in complete excess. He dropped down next to Jacob again, as he saw Glacien eying Jacob's food. "Silly, that's not for you!" he proclaimed giving Glacien a small noogie, like that had done for the past two years.

Shun dashed from one shadow to another, sometimes emerging when there was some distance between them. He was making good progress that way and was at the front gate in under a minute. He was determined to find his own master. Now that the other boy with that Vulpix made his master cry and run away, Shun was rather distressed. He felt Shiro's helplessnes at that moment, and now he didn't want to let that boy find Shiro and possibly make things even worse.

Shun melted into the shadow and slid under the door. He turned his head around and saw the forest. His master disliked other people... so it was logical he would run off into the forest in a situation like this. Shun was worried though, beause he could feel all the Pokemon inside the forest, and not all of them were friendly.

There was only one problem though. There was a big parcel of grass between the dormitory and the forest without any shadows. He would be vulnerable there, and they could catch up to him. Anyhow, he had no actual choice, he had to go that way so he jumped down from the stair and started running as fast as he could with those short legs of his. They dragged behind him, and it was tough (he even slipped a few times) but he eventually reached the point where the closest tree cast its shadow. Shun merged with it and dissapeared from sight.