Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

"213..." Mareek muttered to himself as he held the campus map he had gotten, tracing the path from here to the Men's Dorms in the North East corner of the property. He walked around the main building, curving around the stone walkways until he saw the Dormitories in his sight, folding the map away having no longer needing it. It was only a minute or two before the edifice towered over him like a colossus, seven stories tall and casting a long shadow in the morning sunlight. He presented his key card to the panel next to the door way, the entrance opening before him automatically as the system approved his student ID for clearance. He looked around the first floor, not seeing his room here... not that he had expected to in the first place. He walked down to the end of the corridor, counting off numbers as he passed. He figured that his dorm was much higher above this floor. He glanced around, noticing a stair well.

"Screw that..." he muttered. He went over and found the Elevator, swiping his key card and stepping inside. he had to try a few different floors before he finally found the 200's. He didn't take long to find his room after that, arriving at the door of 213 and noticing another young man opening the door with his own key card.

"Well... looks like we all get roommates here..." he muttered. Not that he had anything against the idea. So long as the other guy wasn't a dick, there'd be no issues between them. He didn't say anything in introduction though, merely stood there, leaning against the wall. He wanted to test how long it would take this other boy to realize he was there...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Stratos, you do realize that the first number is the floor, while 0_ _ are ground floor? Like hotels, or schools where the first classroom is Room 101.)

(Ok, guess you fixed it)

Edited by TurboAura

Slade heard the elevator doors open then he heard foots steps of a man before fully swiping the key. The man then leaned against the wall and Flare began to growl. He heard his growlithe and he patted his heard signaling the guy was no threat but for some reason Flare wouldn't stop.

"Flare, this man holds no immediate threat." Slade said soothingly to Flare while he rubbed his ears. "Sorry, he's always like this when he meets new people. Anyways, I'm Slade Kelfkin, any particular reason you're here?" He said tipping his fedora to the new face.

Edited by EXLink32

"Looks like I'm your roomate..." Said Mareek. he held up the key ring he'd been given for 213, twirling it around his finger idly as he looked over the individual before him, analyzing him. after a moment or two, He caught the key fob suddenly with a clasp of his hand, having come to a conclusion. He honestly didn't think they would butt heads too much, which would probably work out for the best for both of them.

"So...are you going to go in?" he asked, ignoring the snarling pup at the other boy's feet. he scoffed inwardly infact, hell given her size advantage, his Scyther could probably easily best this Growlithe in a match, even despite the type disadvantage... though, not that he was going to release the Mantis creature from her capsule in here, of all places... she would have to get used to the new surroundings first... which she typically did by slashing a few things to mark off her territory, and he honestly wanted his Dorm to stay intact, thank you.

"Oi?" Slade said surprised, "Well, nice to meet ya! Lets get inside and maybe you can tell me your name if you would be too kind, or should I give you a new name." Salde chuckled as he opened the door to room 213 and entered, though growlithe didn't go in immediately but he did start to sniff Jake's new roommate then quickly scurried inside the room to Slade's side.

Edited by EXLink32

Jacob smiled at the other trainer. "I'm in 027 as well. I guess we're going to be roommates, then!" The Unovan boy chuckled and continued walking toward the dorm. After a bit, the building came into sight. The trainer opened the door to the dorms and held it for his roommate as Teo walked near Lucas, prodding him curiously with his closed mandibles. "So, where are you from? And is there anything I can call you that's shorter than your given name?"

((Lucas is on Kage's shoulder.))

"Call me Kage. I'm from Mossdeep, up north a ways." He strode through the opened doorway. "How about you? You don't sound like someone from Hoenn to me." He peered about once inside, the action masking the fact that he was waiting for his Ralts to give him an impression of the area. "Room 027 is ground floor, right? Oh, yeah, here it is." He started down the hallway, waiting for the other teen to follow.

(OOC:Tacos, you do realize I put my character right in front of your character in the story so that your character might strike up a conversation or something but you hadnt even mentioned him there.

Also, Im in school so Im only coming on here to say this because it kinda bothered me.)

Notus

Tyron regretted his actions as soon as he saw the computer crash. Professor Redwood wasn’t going to be very happy about this…

He turned around when he heard someone talking to him. It was the same guy that bumped into the one with the headphones. “I just gave you your ID card, room key and map of the grounds. You are free to explore and do whatever you want until 6 PM. Professor Redwood is giving his welcoming speech in the Contest Hall and you better be there. He’ll explain some important stuff.” He was about to walk away and pretend the computer fiasco didn’t happen, when he remembered something. “Oh yeah, I usually advice students to drop their luggage off at their rooms, since, you know, it would be a pain carrying it all day!” He showed Colin his biggest smile and waved before sneaking away in the crowd.

Tacos and Bfroger

Devin was taking a walk around the male dorms. Every year there were students battling inside instead on one of the many battle fields. And usually that happened right here. He took a turn and saw two students outside. One was doing sit-ups in an interesting way while the other one was staring at the ground. “Hello students, you look rather lost. Didn’t they explain you how to enter the dorms?” the giant man asked.

EXLink and Stratos

A little breeze could be felt as soon as Slade and Mareek entered their dorm. If they would look for it, they would see curtains dancing in the wind caused by an open window behind one of the sofas. It was rather strange since the windows were usually closed, unless a student opened it. But no one had entered this room, or for so far they could see.

Only if they would explore the room further they would notice one of the bedroom door’s was slightly opened.

(The rest of you can continue on for now) Estimated time: Almost 1 PM

Edited by Chimchain

A boy with shaggy hair walked up to the gates of the academy. His hair sprung in all different directions giving clear signs he'd just woken up. The boy turned to his young fox companion and complained, "I taught you Roar for a reason. I guess I'll just have to rely on an alarm clock next time." When the reached the entrance, he prayed he wasn't too late.

commander

Rebecca was sitting at her desk. She felt a bit tired after all that work, but luckily there weren’t many students left apart from a few latecomers. One of them, a boy that looked like he just woke up, stood in front of her with his papers. She smiled, finished his registration and grabbed the remaining keys of room 026. “Here is your ID card, a map of the ground and your room key. The dorms are in the north eastern corner. You’re free to do whatever you want, but make sure you are in the Contest Hall by 6.”

As soon as she finished another male in a lab coat took a seat on her desk. According to his name tag his name was Brendan. “Well, looks like we’re about finished. I spoke Redwood earlier and he asked us to stay here for the latecomers,”

Rebecca sighed. “What about the others?”

“Nathalie is overstressed, Tyron smashed his computer to bits and Phoebe just vanished. Right now there are 5 desks still open but I’m about to tell the others they can stop.” Brendan replied.

“I guess it can’t be helped. It’s 1 PM so I don’t expect many more to come.”

"Hello students, you look rather lost. Didn't they explain to you how to enter dorms?"

Ryan jumped at the sound of somebody obviously speaking to him. He turned around and was rather shocked to see Devin, the Dragon Type Elite Four of the Ymora Region standing before him, in all his glory. Ryan idolized him in more ways than one and sat for nearly two minutes with his jaw hanging open.

"Um... not that I remember, Mr. Devin Sir? Could you help me out?"

• Veterans

Seeing Ryan speed off James smiled and rand after him.But when he got to the Dormitory's Ryan was nowhere insight.

"Aww man where did he go"James pondered and he decided to go off looking For him.

"No, thank you, I dont need any help." Shiro said after Devin came to greet them. This time he looked towards the person he was talking to. The boy he saw in the hall was there alng with the grotesque man, and Shiro relized his mistake the moment they both turned to face him.

A conversation was inevitable

Edited by Bfroger6

Ryan glanced to the left to see that a new face was among his as well. "Actually, could you give me one minute sir. I'd just like to introduce myself and we can go about finding the dorm rooms very soon." Ryan turned over to the boy with an excited smirk. "Hey man, the name's Ryan. This here is Glacien. I'm here to become a trainer."

Jacob smiled and followed the other teen down the hall, progressing toward their room. "Yeah, you're right about that. I'm not from Hoenn. I actually came here all the way from Accumula Town in the Unova Region," he replied, curious about the other trainer's origins. He looked at the other young man. Something was definitely off about him, but he couldn't pinpoint what. The pair reached their dorm, and Jacob approached the door with his key in hand. "Don't worry, bud, I got this." After fiddling with the lock and key for a moment, he got the door to open and strolled in.

Jacob was taken aback by the grandeur of the room. It was infinitely larger than his room at home and seemed to be a complete living space. He smiled and entered, putting his bags down on the couch. When he turned to invite the other teenager in, he finally realized what was so off about his new roommate. "Hey, Kage, we're indoors! You don't need to wear your shades!"

"Hmmm, seems like someone was here before us." Slade said scanning his new living quarters. "Ey, Flare mind using that nose of yours to find any strange scents in the room?" He asked of his loyal partner who then began to sniff for anything unusual.

Edited by EXLink32

"Oh! I forget I have these things on sometimes," he said quickly, trying not to show his consternation. Kage took them off and stowed them back in his bag, nearly dropping it in the process. After this, he turned back to Jacob. "So, Accumula Town. What's it like?" He tried to hold the other Trainer's gaze but wasn't sure he had the angle right.

Shiro was cornered by the boy and the old man.

'Crapcrapcrapcrap'

He backed away a few steps and ducked to grab the handle of his suitcase. "I'm sorry, I gotta go... Goodbye..." He ran off into the hallway, using all his muscles just to try and pull the luggage as fast as he could. He had to get away from them...

Shiro hastily pulled out the key from his left pocket. 'Room 26'

"All right..." The signs led him through the gray coridors all the way to his new room. When he reached it (it wasn't a long way from the entrance) Shiro stopped and leaned with his hands onto his knees. He was panting and was covered in cold sweat, so he used the sleeve of his sweater to wipe it off. He took a few minutes to relax before finally reaching for his keys. He couldn't get them into the lock the first few times he tried, but it eventually worked.

The door opened with a satisifying 'click' and Shiro hopped inside.

The room was quite nice, although much smaller than his room at home. There were two separate beds in it. He shivered when he imagined he was going to have to live with another person here for the next few years, but he figured it wouldn't be too messed up once he gets used to it, so he decided to relax and jumped onto the bed nearer to the window. Shun jumped on next to him, and pat his head, at which Shiro smiled.

"We'll make it work, right Shun?"

The Ralts nodded in agreement.

Ryan was astonished by the sudden withdrawal of the boy. "Damn, does my breath smell?" He used the age old trick of licking his wrist and taking a sniff. Smelled like the apple he just ate. Not great, but not bad. He turned back to Devin, hoping he hadn't left him waiting for that long. "Seems as if he isn't gonna need any help. Would you mind helping me though? I get lost rather easily, and I would like to have enough time to explore campus before 6. Any assistance you could offer would be great." He shuffled his feet, embarassed to be so dependent on a person he had barely just met. "My room is 202, if that matters. There's another person who should be there. His name is James. Have you seen him?"

Ryan looked down rather shamefully, realizing he was rambling with almost no response from his idol.

Tacos

Devin frowned at seeing the young boy take off instead of introducing himself, but turned his attention to the other one left in front of him. A special case this one. He thought when he saw Ryan licking his arm. “Don’t worry. I’m here to help. All you need to do is swipe you Student ID Card in the scanner at the front door. Your room is on the second floor. I can come with you if you want, but I’m afraid I haven’t seen your roommate.”

EXLink and Stratos

Flare started sniffing around and soon managed to find a scent. And then another one and soon he found out at least 5 different stronger smells that brought him to one of the bedrooms. If his trainer and new discovered roommate followed the young Growlithe, they would see the door was slightly opened. Flare pushed it open by using its paws and started barking really loud to draw the attention of both trainers.

((Can't Type: Ryan and Devin are just outside the dorms. They aren't hard to find so I'm not exactly sure where you are))

• Veterans

(Oh James was inside the dorms already so he didnt see them :/)

Inside the dorms James went over to the stairs and walked up the floors to his room,Once there James threw his Bag on the floor and jumped on the bed.

"Ah sweet,sweet freedom!" James said as he walkedover to his bag and got some sandwiches out of it.

"Time to dig in" He said as he took out Shade's poffin case and gave some to him

Jacob smiled at Kage, who had been successful in catching his gaze. "Not an issue. Sometimes I have the same problem. And Accumula Town is pretty cool, I guess. It's a slow place and not much goes on at night, but it's very safe. Much safer than it was back when Team Plasma was around. It's really close to Castelia, so sometimes my friends and I went into the city to go for dinner. I'd say that's the best aspect of it." He paused for a moment, thinking of something else to say. "What's Mossdeep City like? Have you been to the Space Center?"

'Was it realy okay to just bail out of there?' Shiro thought to himself. 'I mean, they were both just trying to be nice, and I ignored them both...' He turned over in his bed. He appreciated the coldness of the wall now touching his nose. It helped him cool down a bit, relieve the tension.

"I'm really messed up, aren't I?" Shun was quiet. He was laying with his back against Shiro's. Shiro closed his eyes.

'If I keep going like this I'll end up all alone.' Something cold and wet slid down his cheek. Shiro cuddled up in the fetal position, grabbing his legs with his hands and pulling them towards his plexus.

"I'm an idiot..."

"Mossdeep is a great place. Kind of hard to get anywhere else, but the beach is pretty fantastic, and you get plenty of interesting people passing through because of the gym. My mom works at the space center, if that answers that question. Cool stuff, but I'm not all that into math." He shrugged his bag off of his shoulder. "So where's my room?"