Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

• Support Squad

((Hooly crap, that's a LOT of posts))

Comment allez-vous?

Doux floated up gently to mingle with Avis, the two of them examining each other. After a second, Doux let out a happy cry and nestled itself atop the murkrows head, much to it's shock.

"Well, Doux seems to like Avis, and we are fine, merci, but perhaps we shoould go explore? I am eager to meet my new room-mate. Shall we be off?"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avis glanced up at Doux in shock. Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around? She turned towards Claude and Danielle with a confused look. Unfortunately for her, both trainers were deep in conversation to notice. She gave the Cottonee a playful glare. At least Doux isn't heavy; Avis will get him back for it, someday.

"Oh, right! Yes, we should, I do want to drop these bags off; they are getting kind of heavy. I think the dorms are in the same direction, no?" Danielle looked at her key, labeled 008. With that, she began to walk off, waiting for Claude to catch up.

• Support Squad

With a hop, skip and a jump, Claude caught up and fell into place beside Danielle. Avis' downy feathers caught Claudes normally sparse attention.

"So, I daresay that your Murkrow looks marvellous, It's feathers are darker than midnight itself!" Claude exclaimed, hoping to maintain a conversation. He hated silences when conversation was possible.

"Actually, I think I can get there on my own. Thank you for the assistance Mr. Drake Sir."

Ryan, as he always must do, scooped up Glacien and ran towards the elevator. He felt embarrassed having been so awkward and could have sworn he saw Drake judging him for his breath smelling trick. Goddamnit Ryan, he thought to himself. You were the popular one back in Mossdeep, almost everyone knew you and wanted to be around you. This is the real world. Not your secluded city in the middle of the ocean. No one here knows the real you anyway, not even those at Mossdeep. They don't know the boy who beats himself up over his flaws and who he has no say in being. He hugged Glacien and slipped into the elevator when it opened in front of him. He pressed the button for the second floor and went straight up, surprised that no one else had entered the elevator before him. He dried a small tear from his eye as the door opened on the second floor. A couple students poured in while he was leaving. He found his dorm room, a little to the right after leaving the elevator. He used his keycard to open the dorm and took one step inside.

"Ok... thanks." Colin said to Tyron. Then the boy turned, found his map, took a deep breath to calm down and started towards the dormitory building.

As he walked, though, his mind was still racing ahead. Finnaly he was here: the place where he would learn the tricks of the trade of a top trainer; the place where he would start his road to be the very best, like no one never was. And by the amount of people arriving, it seemed he and his partner would not lack training fodder in that department.

Speaking of which... As soon as he got in a less movimented part of the main building, he reached for the Dive Ball in his pocket and pressed it's button, releasing the Mudkip inside it.

"Hey Kyte, here we are! Ready to kick some ass around mate?" The little mud fish answered with an happy "Kyep!" and started looking around the place in awe while the duo walked. No surprise there, after all Sootopolis had simply no space for big buildings and fields like those.

Do they have a pool here? The boy wandered a little worried. As cool as this place looked like, if he spent more than a week without swimming he'd probably go crazy.

They got in the Dorm building by the forest, and looked at the door numbers until they found their room. Colin opened it, and started getting his bag out of his shoulders before getting a good look at the... Room?! More like a nice apartment! Damn, that place as big as the ground floor of his house in Sootopolis.

Kyte had already gone ahead towards the beds and was "kyeping" at something there. When Colin headed over there he noticed his room mate had already arrived.

"Heyo! Looks like we're placed together mate." he said, stretching his arm for a hand shake. "I'm Colin, but people use to call me Wave. The little guy is my buddie Kyte. Nice to meet you!"

Ryan entered the room and was astonished at how large it was. "This isn't a dorm. This is a goddamn apartment." Ryan claimed his bedroom and flopped on the couch. He tossed Glacien a Pokeblock. He put his bags onto the bed and ran out to the couch. He turned around and saw books and Pokedexes on the tables. He saw the books were identical, so he made the assumption that James was a trainer just like him. He grabbed his own and was pleased to see that it had stored the information on Spheals in response to Glacien. Ryan then ran over to the window. He stuck his head out, examining the campus view. It wasn't all to impressive, considering he was on the second floor only. However, as he scanned the campus, he thought he saw James running around. "Guy's probably lost," he said with a chuckle. "Hey James!" he yelled, hoping he would hear.

Evan turned around when Colin introduced himself. “Hey, I’m Evan, nice to meet you too” he said shaking Colin’s hand. “Cool Mudkip you got there. My partner is an Eevee, he should be running around here somewhere,” he said looking around, scratching his head. “Anyway, I hope you don’t mind I picked a room already. I didn’t know when you would show up so I went ahead…”

• Veterans

While Running in Search of His room James heard someone that sounded like Ryan shout his name and he looked up.
"Hey there Ryan,how did you get there so fast?"James said as he looked at Ryan

Something on the table caught Jacob's eye and he leaned into inspect it, ignoring Kage's question for the moment. He was delighted to find two Pokedexes stacked on top of one another and each of the Trainers' books. "Hang on, Kage, there's important stuff here. I'll take the top Pokedex," he said quickly, grabbing the red Pokedex off the top of the pile as well as his books. "I think we're just claiming rooms." Jacob got up and walked to the rear of the apartment, poking his head into each of the simple bedrooms and returning to the sitting area. "Seeing as they're both identical, I'll take the one on the right. You can have the one on the left. I'm gonna jump in the shower. We should make sure we get something to eat before we head to the Contest Hall." With that, Jacob walked into his room and closed the door, preparing to get ready to shower.

"Thanks, I'm looking forward to know your partner too!" Colin ansered to the compliment to Kyte. "And don't even mention that room thingy, it's all the same for me."

He threw his bag at the empty bed displicently and went back to the living room to check the stuff. They got a PC, piles of books and... two Pokédex! He reached for the blue one, and then remembered Evan was there. "Eh, do you mind if I take this one? I kinda like blue a lot... "

Then, looking at the books, he noticed both had the same label on it. "So you're in the trainer program too? Nice! I can't wait to have a real battle!" He kept talking, energetic as always. Oh, and were are you from by the way?"

The boy thanked the lady for the room key and overheard a conversation about a broken machine. He turned to his Vulpix and whispered, "Bet I could fix it in an hour."

"Vulpix." The pokemon's stomach gave a mighty roar followed by its master.

"You're right, food comes first. It's such a relief we don't even have to worry about whether or not we'll go hungry. Let's just pretend we didn't hear anything and just have a look around. It wouldn't look good if we got expelled the first day." The duo adventured around the academy in a quest to fill their bellies.

Edited by commander218

"Haha, thank you~ Just make sure you watch your step if you happen to take a midnight stroll. She might pop out of nowhere just to scare you." Danielle teased, attempting to make scary faces. Avis gave a mischievous grin towards Claude before flying off to what appears to be the girls' dormitories, taking Doux with her.

"Ah! Avis! You forgot about-- Nevermind... I apologize for my bird. She doesn't mean any harm; I sometimes suspect Avis has ADHD or something." Danielle said meekly. "And I didn't even get to pet your fluffy Cottonee."

Notus

“Go ahead. I don’t care much about colors so I’m fine with the green one,” Evan said following Colin. When he first entered he hadn’t paid much attention to the books., besides that they were for students following the trainer program. “I’m from Lilycove City in Hoenn. I joined the Trainer Program so my brother and I can aim for the Hoenn League. Our dream is to conquer it, you know, as brothers standing at the top would be pretty cool,” he said with a large grin. “What about you? Where are you from?

Kage pocketed the remaining Pokedex and headed into his room. He dropped the bag on the floor next to the bed and flopped onto it for a moment, taking the opportunity to relax. After a minute or two, the somewhat lanky teen heaved himself off of the mattress and walked out of the room, brushing along the furniture as he did so to familiarize himself with layout. Once he exited the room, he waited for someone else to show up so he could meet them.

"I just found the dorm and used the elevator to get up here! I'll meet you down at the entrance ok?" Ryan scooped up Glacien and hopped on the elevator. He went down to the ground floor and looked both ways, already forgetting which side led to the entrance. Upon looking left, he saw a familar person sitting outside their room. That was the kid with the Ralts, he thought. He began walking to him. As he got closer, he realized that he knew this person. "Kage!" he yelled jovially.

• Support Squad

"And I didn't even get to pet your fluffy Cottonee."

Giggling at the murkrows antics, Claude further giggled from Danielles comment and the way his dirty little ind twisted it. "Ohohohoho, is that flirting? Because I must say, you are a lovely girl but you are not suited to my..." Claude paused, thinking of the right word "Tastes" He said. "Now, let's go retrieve my partner, shall we?"

"Oh hey, you're from Lilycove? Cool! I went there with my mother once for shopping, it's a nice city. I'm from Sootopolis, so guess we could say we're neighbors." Colin sat on the couch while saying this. His legs were still sore from the run, and he could bet they would be standing for quite some time during the ceremony in the Contest Hall later.

" I always liked the Water type, and I want to be the best Water trainer ever! That means I'm aiming for the League too at some point, so you better get there before me, or you wont stand a chance!" the boy said with grin. "You said your brother wanna be a Champion along with you. Did he sign-up here too?"

There were a few different things going through Mareek's head when he noticed the window open and the door ajar. Particularly the fact that whomever had opened that window and broken in was probably not someone with good intentions. He didn't even need the confirmation he got when Jake's growlithe started barking insistently at something in the other room.

"Well... Guess we should go greet our visitors," he jested as he dropped his back onto the leather couch to his right. He walked over to the small kitchen and began silently opening and closing drawers, sighing as he ended his search after a few moments. He stepped away from the Kitchen, eyeing Jake's Partner as the pup kept up it's bark.

"Sadly..." he said. "it looks like they don't keep anything sharper than butter knifes in here." What? Like he would be stupid enough to go and investigate a potential burglary in progress without even trying to first find some means of defending himself? Yeah...no, not gonna happen. But it looked he was out of luck either way right now, so... What can ya do?

"Move," he ordered the Growlithe as he stepped over to the door, opening it a bit more and peeking his head inside, not really knowing what, or who, he'd find in the room beyond.

Shiro sighed.

'How long has it been since I entered the room? Was I asleep?' He sat on the comfy bed and realized Shun was sleeping right next to him. He couldn't refrain from smiling. It was a nice sight.

Shiro yawned, scratched his right armpit and stood up. He took a few moments to stretch before going out of the bedroom. He was hungry.

Shiro looked around the apartment when he got out of the room. The place was actually rather big. When he first entered the apartment, it seemed as if it was smaller than his old room, but now that he got a good look of it, he saw how really huge it was for a student dorm. They had a tv and a couch, and a wide window spread across the wall of the apartment looking at the academy grounds. His stomach growled when his eyes laid upon the kitchen. It was a fully equipped kitchen, only without any knives or any actual useful kitchen utensils. But he was ready for that. Shiro crouched in front of his suitcase and opened it. He searched for a while, throwing all the useless stuff (clothes, for example) behind himself. When he was done throwing all the knick knacks out of his suitcase, he procceeded to take out of it a bright yellow box, about 50x40 centimeters. He put the box on the floor, took out a bunch of that white packing stuff they put inside the packages so the item doesn't get ruined during transport, and pulled out a wide frying pan, along with two rather big kitchen knives which were wrapped in paper. He smuggled the items from his house when he found out their dorms are going to have kitchens in them. He was always very fond of cooking. Nonetheless, he shouldn't have brought the knives in here, those are considered lethal weapons and aren't allowed in the Academy. Whatever, he had Shun to take care of keeping them safe and out of sight. He was pretty confident it was all gonna be alright, and his face widened in a big delightful grin. He reached once more into the box and held up what appeared to be a chunk of meat. Shiro took the meat, the frying pan and the knives into the kitchen. He took out a plate to slice the meat on (it was a big chunk of a Slowpoke tail) and tried turning on the gas. But nothing happened when he turned the button.

"Oh, come on..." He shouted, clearly dissapointed. Shiro sighed once more, and was going to put the kitchen utensils away when he got a perfect idea!

"Hey, Ryan, didn't notice you here. I didn't know you were coming to the academy too! How's Glacien?" Lucas was happy to meet someone familar, so Kage let him down off of his shoulder. The Ralts waddled over to the other Trainer and made a noise at him, indicating he wanted to see the Spheal he had in his arms.

Jacob poked his head out of the door. His hair was wet and unkempt, but as his entire body exited the door it became apparent that he was clothed in a blue and gray horizontally striped v-neck t-shirt and a pair of white cargo shorts, as well as a pair of flip-flops. "Kage, who the hell are you talking to-" he began, then noticed Ryan. "Oh, hey Ryan! Kage and I are roommates, dontcha know!" He laughed and walked out to greet the other two, combing his hair as he did so. "You ran off before I could say hello earlier. But don't let me interrupt. How's Glacien adjusting?"

Flare wouldn't move until Slade gave him "The Look" which usually meant obey. So the Growlithe moved out of the way but still growled at the door relatively close so the man could look in..

Edited by EXLink32

"Wha--? N-No! I didn't mean it t-that way!" Danielle laughed, although she did appear flustered from the unintentional flirting. "But really? I'm not your type? I'm hurt," Danielle pouted, although she was clearly not upset if one judged from her behavior. "Now I'm curious. What does suit your fancy tastes, hmmm? You can tell all about it, we have time before we meet up with Avis and Doux after all~"

-----------------------

Avis (along with Doux) arrived at a window that gave a view of the living room of the girls' dorm. Avis peered inside, she saw a Rhyhorn, sleeping peacefully. The Murkrow then flew over several other windows, hoping for someone to be awake. At last, she arrived at a room where a girl was unpacking her belongings. The room looked vast with a huge bed, huge closets and, oh, a huge kitchen to boot! Curiosity got the best of the Murkrow; she began pecking at the window, hoping that the female would respond. Unbeknownst to Avis, that girl happened to be her roommate during her stay here at the academy.

Edited by DarkLight

"Wow, all these people I know all together! Glacien's doing well actually. Same old thing, as long as I give him food he doesn't care what's happening really," Ryan said as he placed Glacien on the ground. He rolled over to Lucas and gave him a nudge. "I didn't know you were coming to the Academy either. I'm assuming to find your dorm, Jacob had to act as a seeing-eye dog of..." Ryan paused realizing he might have let out too much. He knew about Kage being blind but he should have made sure he was ok with people having known this fact before so carelessly speaking. He felt the air around him grow thick as he started beating himself up inside for making such a careless mistake.

Jacob paused for a moment. A seeing-eye dog? What's that supposed to mean? he wondered to himself, not daring to break the palpable tension in the air. He'd noticed that Kage had been acting a little bit strangely, but had simply chalked it up to differences in culture between Unova and Hoenn. Unless... he thought to himself. It would make sense, although I'm not sure why he'd hide it. Teo trotted out of the room behind Jacob, a huge smile gracing his frosting-covered mandibles.

The Trainer looked down and noticed this with a panicked look. "Teo, tell me you didn't! Tell me you didn't just eat every single one of my cupcakes!" he said quickly, lifting his old friend off the ground. Teo belched in his Trainer's face, a small chunk of cupcake hitting Jacob squarely on the cheek. "That's it. There is no Arceus. I'm calling it quits on life." He turned to the other teens. "I'd brought cupcakes for everyone, but Teo decided he didn't want to share."

He put the Trapinch down and sighed, trying to remember what they'd been talking about. He snapped his fingers and looked at Ryan. "You were just about to tell me that Kage has trouble seeing, right?" He turned to his roommate. "That's probably something you should have told me yourself."

Edited by Jory