Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

Zuko knew he was at a disadvantage being hurt earlier. His mouth began to glow with flames. He launched an attack, but not at the Riolu. The Riolu quickly jumped in the way to protect his trainer from harm. The Vulpix used the opportunity to quickly retreat.

-----------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Zuko (30% HP Left): Ember

Henry tried calling out to the Ralts, but it didn't seem to work. He slammed his fist on the bar in rage. "It's too deep in. I can't even see it meaning I doubt it could even hear me. I hope Zuko is doing alright." He watched his Pokemon try attacking the trainer. "Oh boy, I'm not going to hear the end of this one, am I?" He quickly ran towards where his Vulpix. "Why did I even teach him that trick?"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ryu, return fire!"

"Ri!"

Ryu then ran at Zuko, speeding up quite a bit.

---------------------------

Ryu (40% HP Left): Quick Attack

Edited by K_H

Zuko was knocked of its feet. Before anyone else could make a move, Henry stood right in front of Vulpix and secretly dropped an Oran berry to feed it. The Vulpix quietly ate the berry while the Henry began to talk. "It's been a while since we've had a fight. Sorry about that little incident back there. We're use to playing by different rules." Suddenly, the Vulpix launched off of Henry's back and into the air to use another launching another flame on his foe. "We've also never played fair."

----------------------------------------------------------

Before Berry: Zuko (5% HP): No move used

After Berry: Zuko (90% HP): Ember

----------------------------------------------------------

Kage returned to the cafeteria at a quick walk, nearly breaking into a jog. He grumbled the entire way about being led about like a disobedient puppy, but quieted down once he actually reached the building. This time, he remembered the sunglasses, and withdrew them from his pocket before putting them on and heading inside. "Alright, Lucas, where is that teacher Jacob was talking to earlier?" The Ralts gave him a general sense of the location, and he walked straight up to him with no issues. The crowd was starting to thin out by this point; most people were finishing their meals and heading to various locations on the campus. He swallowed his nervousness, and spoke up. "Devin? There's smoke coming from the boys' dorms, but we can't tell if there's actually a fire or not."

Kenny was unusually calm after Henry spoke.

"Never played fair, huh? Well, then!"

Kenny then smiled mischeviously, and spoke to Ryu.

"Let's use our Opponent as a weapon."

Ryu understood what Kenny meant, and rolled underneath Zuko, dodging the second Firey Attack in the process, then grabbed Zuko by the tails, and threw the Vulpix at Kenny. Kenny then taunted Henry.

"Catch!"

Kenny then punched the Vulpix while it was in midair, hitting it towards Henry.

MOVES USED:

Kenny & Ryu (Ryu at 40% HP, Kenny at 100%): Circle Punch (Pokemon uses Circle Throw, Human adds +10 Base Power by Punching the Target while it's in midair)

---------------------------------------------------

Edited by K_H

Zuko nailed Henry in the stomach as both fell to the ground. Zuko got up and growled at the opponent, but Henry began to laugh. He watched as the weather returned to normal. "Looks like I've been beaten at my own game. Zuko, stand down." The Vulpix walked closer to its master and curled up for a nap. He returned it to its pokeball. "Don't worry, he'll be alright. Going all out on Drought tends to wear him out."

Suddenly, his stomache began to growl. "This is just not my day. First, I wake up late which probably led my roomate runs out of the room leaving his pokemon behind. Then that Ralts tries to follow him. Even when I was trying to get some food, my Vulpix had to mistake that trainer's Ralts for his. Then when I finally figure out where it is, I can't even get in that forest. I'm really fortunate that Riolu blocked that one attack. It's a bad habit he does whenever he feels threatened." Henry got back on his feet and began walking away, but turned back towards the boy. "Sorry about this. I think it's best I just leave before I bring any more trouble to you."

Ryu was growling at Zuko with an angry look in his Eyes, but he calmed down once Zuko was returned to the Pokeball. Ryu hen walked over to Kenny and fell asleep. Kenny then Returned Ryu to his Premier Ball, and spoke to Henry.

"Apology accepted."

Kenny then spoke to Robert.

"Ryu wore himself out with that Battle, so Kiai will have to lead us to the Ralts."

"Hmmm..." Slade said thinking of a way to finish this quickly before the fire burnt anything Important. Then he had an idea.

"Growlithe use helping hand on scyter. Now quickly lauch growlithe at these blasted spiders."

"Are you freaking crazy!?" Mareek shouted at Slade over the roaring flames licking at the room. His eyes and voice were filled with annoyance and anger over the incredibly careless and stupid decision his Roomate had just made. "You just escalated this whole damn thing! Why the hell would you use Ember, of all things, when your fighting in a room filled with giant cobwebs and flammable furniture!? What's wrong with you man, didn't you actually stop to think before you just went shouting out orders!?"

He began to cough as Smoke quickly started filling the air. They'd both be dead from it if they didn't get away soon. The stuff was billowing up from everywhere and covering the entire ceiling.

"Erce!" he sputtered, beginning to have trouble breathing. There was movement in the fire beyond, but the flames were too bright for him to see what was going on. A pain filled screech issued from the area, and Mareek didn't waste another second. he tore the Premier Ball off his belt and recalled the Mantis Creature to her capsule, hoping she hadn't gotten hurt very badly during his time of negligence spent yelling at Jake. He turned to the other boy, again beginning to cough heavily. Anger was burning in his eyes, he had a few choice words he'd like to hurl at the idiot... but that could wait till later. right now, they needed to evacuate and find a Fire Alarm.

"Move!" he shouted, heading over to the door and stumbling into the living room as smoke began to billow in from the other room. "We gotta get help!"

Henry stopped for a moment and turned around realizing something. "He's on the East side of the gate, but you won't find him without the boy," he yelled. "He's that shy boy from the cafeteria we saw earlier." He continued walking away looking at his Vulpix's poke ball. "He clearly lacks experience, but there's something about him. I have a feeling we'll battle again someday." He continued to the cafeteria seeing that his roomate was no longer present. "Maybe this time I can eat without being interrupted."

Slade sighed as he got his gallon of water from his stuff he left by the door and proceed to put out the fire. The reason why he had a full galon of water was because he was on the streets. He dumped the water on the fire and with the little was left he went to the sink and filled it half way to fully put it out. He then faced the spiders and said,

"Can you please leave this place, I bet the forest would be a better spot to live." He opened the window to let the ariados out. Though Flare was guarding Slade just in case if they were to attack.

Edited by EXLink32

Ryan ran into the elevator, mashing the button for the second floor. He really hoped he would make it in time. Glacien wore a concerned look while Ryan seemed as if he was trying to pump himself up for a huge exam or something. There was an ounce of excitement on his face. As the elevator door opened, he scrambled out, tearing his way down the hallway to door 213, the room that he assumed had the smoke billowing out of the window. He slammed open the door and stuck his head inside. "HELLO!? Anybody here?"

Jacob smiled at Drake's praise of his Trapinch. "Thanks! We've been training really hard to get here, and now that we are we're gonna keep up the good work! Hopefully by learning more from you and the other teachers, Teo and I will become the strongest team here!" He paused, looking the Dragon master over once more. "Drake, do you raise anything but Dragons? I know that by the time I'm done here, I wanna raise a whole team of Pokemon who aren't Dragons. Man, it would be so cool to train a Milotic or even a Clefable!" He looked up at the teacher again. "Do you have any advice for me as far as raising Teo? I know we're supposed to take your class to learn that, but I want him to get strong, so I need to know everything!"

After shaking off the thought of the battle, he simply replied with a "Well, that sure was suprising, wasn't it?" Not that good enough to lighten the mood, he simply left it be. "Anyway, that guy's right. We gotta find that so-called 'shy boy', otherwise we won't get anywhere with finding the Ralts. Kiai, mind searching for his aura so we can find him?" And with that, Kiai focused and lead them in the direction that Shiro was sensed.

"Great!" Danielle exclaimed as she picked up her key; she headed out and locked the door behind them. "By the way, I'm sorry if Avis caused you any inconvenience. She has been known for it back in my hometown because she is just so nosy. Isn't that right, Avis?"

Danielle tap Avis' beak lightly as a reprimand for her reckless behavior. Avis gave her a look of indifference, but uttered a humble "Mur..." as an apology to both girls.

"Apology accepted, silly. I just don't want another... incident like that one again..." The thoughts of a near fatal injury inflicted upon Avis made Danielle clench her fists in anger. Before she let her emotions get the best of her, she decided to change the topic to a lighter note. The nice weather outside certainly helped her change her attitude easier. Danielle also noticed Rhy trotting over to the boys' dorm at surprising speeds.

"Sooo, I'm guessing that Rhyhorn is your's? How ever did you get it to run so quickly? I came from the Kalos region, so my parents would take me to go see Rhyhorn races when I was younger, but I don't ever recall seeing a Rhyhorn there run as quickly as Rhy did. That is pretty amazing!"

Colin's eyes went wide open at the appearance of the Blastoise. "Whaaaaaat?! Was that a really a Blastoise?! Man that's so cool! I've never seen one before, just read 'bout them!"

Then what the blonde trainer said struck him.

"Oah, wait, a fire? Heck, this is a bit too much for the first day... But I think we should help her!" Colin then turned to Evan. "Hey mate, I'm going ahead to see if Kyte can help a little with water, can you find a fire alarm and set it on? I'll be back soon, no worries!" And with that, the young water trainer got his Mudkip in his arms and raced after Phoebe, hoping to catch up soon.

K_H and commander

Brendan was taking a break in the lab when he saw the battle unfold. He quickly called Rebecca over to grab a camera and tape everything. They were sure professor Redwood and Devin would be interested…

Notus, Stratos, Tacos and EXLink

Phoebe sprinted towards room 213 with Blastoise behind her. She arrived just after Ryan, shoving everyone out of her way. “Hydro Pump!” she yelled, pointing in an energetic way at the room filled with smoke. Blastoise aimed his cannons when he only saw Slade and a group of agitated Ariados at the window. “What are you waiting for?” the young teacher asked impatient. Apparently Blastoise was used to his trainer’s antics as he just pointed in the room.

All Phoebe saw when she looked was the Ariados leaving, scared by the fire. She pouted a bit, disappointed she couldn’t hydro pump things, and turned her attention to the gathered students. “Alright brainiac’s, what happened?”

Dobby

“I’m glad you asked! I remodeled it to fit my bug types, isn’t it beautiful?” Alvin said, feeling proud. He completely ignored the question about Doux. Since she wasn’t a bug type, he had no interest in her.

Bfroger and Can’t Type

Shiro’s outburst caught Tyron off guard. “Why didn’t you say something earlier?” he asked. He stared at Shiro’s back while the by left. “Strange kid,” he said to James when his eye fell on the clock. “I’m late! Professor Redwood is expecting me; you’re coming with me to help!”

No matter what James did, Tyron had a firm grip on his wrist. He could only go with him to the Contest Hall.

((I’m moving you forward for now. I will do this with some others as well.))

Murdoc and Jory

Devin listened amused to the passionate young trainer in front of him. It reminded him about how he used to be. “While I do have experience with other types, Dragons always were my favorites…” Devin started, getting into his teacher modus, when Kage showed up.

“A fire?” Devin knocked his seat over and took immediately off. If Kage and Jacob wanted to catch up they had to be fast.

DarkLight

Lana chuckled a bit. “No, Avis didn’t give me any trouble. She was rather amusing.” The young breeder looked at Avis for a while before questioning Danielle’s next answer. “We parents breed certain ground types at home, including Rhyhorn. Rhy was the first one I hatched on my own. I guess he’s so fast because we used to run around together… but he kinda always outran the others…” she paused for a moment.

“How is Kalos? Isn’t that far from here?”

Edited by Chimchain

• Veterans

"Wait what?"James said as Tyron ran while holding his wrist."What's Going on Mr Tyron?"He asked while they were running towards the Large Contest hall.

Speaking about the Contest hall;The place was Humongous with a Large Spherical dome and 4 Smaller domes connected to it.

In other words it was absolutely stunning

Ryan threw his hands up in the air. "Wasn't me ma'am. I saw smoke and came to help. If you want answers, talk to those two." Ryan pointed at the two strangers. He knew that the boy behind him was not involved as he had came after him with the same intentions. "Sorry if I was in the way perhaps." Ryan had no interest in staying and exited the dormitory build. He wanted to be ready to inform Devin, Kage, and anyone else that came that the fire was down but that, the lady, Pheobe he thought her nametag said, is currently questioning the others.

"Um, Well, mam..." Mareek began, wondering just how to explain everything. While he was kinda pissed at Jake for setting the place on fire with his lack of foresight, he didn't want to be the reason that the guy got expelled from here. Hell, from what he had just witnessed, the other boy probably needed what they taught here more than a lot of people...

"Me and my assigned Dormmate, Jake," He gestured to Slade. "Entered just a few minutes ago to find that a Window had mysteriously been left wide open, just over there." He pointed over his shoulder at the Window, which was still just as they had found it. "We suspected that someone had broken in and was rummaging around the place; at which point Jake's Growlithe picked up something's scent and alerted us that the Intruders were just in the other room. We peeked in and found a pack of Wild Ariados's had been the ones to break in, and had made a nest of the bedroom. The two of us fought them in a battle to drive them out, and..."

He paused, glancing at Slade. the thought of just taking the blame himself flashed through his mind for a moment, but rationality prevailed the next minute. He had no Fire Types or any pokemon capable of conjuring a conflagration. He also didn't have any means to manually start a flame like a lighter or matches... in other words, while he could do it, the story would never be able to be proven; the truth would come out without a doubt. He did have another idea, however. It would require a bit of winging, but it was better than nothing at all...

"Then as we were trying to drive them away, the leader of the pack used the Move Electroweb on my Syther, knocking her out. The electricity from the attack ignited the threads that they had spun already in the room ,and a fire broke out soon afterwards. I was just about to get some help when you arrived, Mam...but it seems that my roomate managed to somehow put out the fire himself."

In the Forest:

Meanwhile poor little Shun was running around the forest looking for its trainer. He ran into a different bunch of Pokémon, but none seemed to be able to help him. And to make it worse: Shun was lost and felt like something was watching him.

At the Forest Gate:

A big root came from the edge of the trees and made its way to the gate. No one was there to see the strange movements it made to make its way to the lock. It tried to break the lock and when that didn’t work, the root wrapped itself around the two middle bars and forced the gate open, before retreating back into the forest.

The opening was small and barely noticeable. Only if someone walked up close they would be able to see it.

Time: 4.53 PM

• Support Squad

"so, you're saying that you turned our room into a bug paradise..." Claude murmured. He could see a light in Alvins eyes when he referred to his bug pokemon. This caught his interest. "Well then, if you would please sate my curiosity Monsieur I have two more questions for you. Did you alter my room, and what bug pokemon do you train?",

((Assuming Alvin only has his combee, Claudes gunna be pissed. Also, if his room was altered, he's gonna take it up with Redwood...))

Avis puffed out her chest with pride at Lana's complement. "Mur krow krow~" Avis thanked their companion.

"Oh, thank goodness. Avis can be quite a handful when she runs off on her own. I'm surprised she even comes back to me after her excursions." Danielle chuckled while poking Avis' chest with a finger. "Oh, breeding, huh? I never even had the chance to be at a breeding center back home..." Avis gave Danielle a warning glance at that statement. "Mostly because Avis doesn't want to approach one," Danielle rolled her eyes in amusement. "It looks like you hatched an awesome Rhyhorn then. That and you trained him well~"

Then, she considered her trip over to Ymora before replying. "Yes, it quite far. I had to leave a day early to catch a boat ride to get here. Despite that though, I love it there. There is so much diversity and styles than I could even imagine. There is always some new~ Be it with people or clothing~" Danielle sighed dreamily. "The only thing that it is missing is a contest hall. Not that I don't like battling, but it's something about making Pokemon moves look unique that gets me... As you can probably tell, I'm here for the contests. What about --?"

Avis suddenly flew towards Rhy's direction as if she was in a hurry. A few seconds later, she came back in a flurry, flying above their heads and motioning towards the boys' dormitory.

"Avis, what's wrong? Is something happening over there that we should be worried about?" Danielle asked.

"Krow krow! Mur murkrow!" Avis replied before flying off back in that direction, again. Danielle looked to where Avis was headed and gasped. There appears to be smoke billowing out of the dorms.

"Oh no! Claude may be in there! Lana! Look! It looks like there is a fire! Let's go and see if we could help!" With that, she ran towards the boys' dorm.