Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

"Of course~" Danielle curtsied before she turning to the door. She was just about to swipe her card key when she heard a very loud noise coming from another room, effectively making her drop her key.

"Er- Madame, I don't suppose you know if your room-mate and her partner has arrived already?"

"I-I definitely do not." Danielle replied as she swiftly picked up her key lying near her feet. "I just hope Avis isn't the one causing it, her curiosity can get the best of her... Let's go inside and drop off my things quickly before we search for them."

After a few quick motions, Danielle opened the door, revealing wide room that is similar to what Avis saw in Lana's room. The breathtaking view and open space made her feel like a 5 year old again. "Whoo! What an awesome space! And I get it all to myself!" Danielle exclaimed with glee before throwing her bags to an empty space in the corner and jumping onto the bed. She never had a bedroom this big back in her hometown. Although her room back at home was comfortable, it just wasn't enough for her to have everything she wanted in there.

"Come on, Claude! Isn't this neat? I wonder if your room is like this?" She hugged a pillow before righting herself back up.

----------------------------------

Like Lana's Rhyhorn, Avis was also alerted to the sounds coming right outside the door. Unlike her present company, though, Avis recognized the voices as her master's and Claude's. Without a moment of hesitation, she flew over to the door and tried to pry the doorknob open. "Krow krow, Murkrow!" Avis called to Lana.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Robert, you follow Kiai, I'll follow Ryu!"

And with that, Kenny followed Ryu towards the Main Building and Cafeteria. Once they got inside the Building, Ryu deftly ran between the Students, Kenny in close pursuit. Once Ryu reached the area just outside the Cafeteria, he tuned his Run into a blindingly fast Attack, heading straight towards a Vulpix that seemed to be in a Battle with a Ralts. Kenny got there just as Ryu altered his speed.

-----------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Ryu: Quick Attack

Jacob was left standing awkwardly as he watched Kage dash off. He turned to the man with red hair, who had a definite air of authority about him. The teenager realized he hadn't introduced himself yet and hurried to rectify the situation. "Oh! Hello, sir! I'm Jacob Robertson. I'm a new student here, in the Trainer program. He pointed toward his Trapinch, who had become curious about the contents of his Trainer's tray. "And that hungry fella is Teo. It's short for Teotlatl, an ancient desert deity!" He stopped speaking abruptly, realizing he'd begun to babble.

"Robert, you follow Kiai, I'll follow Ryu!"

And with that, Kenny followed Ryu towards the Main Building and Cafeteria.

"Got it." Soon as Kenny sped of, Robert ran in the other direction towards the gate to find Kiai with his paw stretched out towards the gate. "Ok Kiai, can you please give me SOME kind of clue of why the two of you are freaking out?" With that, Kiai began to give a detailed speech of 'Riolu ri's and 'Ri rou's, along with some signals that roughly translated to 'Danger, sensed, bond, separation, fear, help.' "Ok Kiai, I think I got it, one friend is through here, the other friend is down where Ryu went, and one is in trouble, right?" And with a simple head shake yes, all was simplified. "Let's just hope we can take care of this." Edited by TurboAura

"This is so frustrating." Henry thought to himself. "We'll never find him without my glasses. I can't go back in there, at least not yet." He watched a battle break out between his Vulpix and the Riolu with the help of the Ralts. The Riolu seemed to charged toward him quick. "Roar and retrieve my glasses!" The Vulpix yelled at the top of its lungs making both pokemon cover their ears while the Vulpix retreated.

"Looks like I got here just in time. He can get carried away. He didn't cause too much damage, did he?" asked Henry.

Kage brushed himself off. "Ran into someone on my way over here. Really, I'm not made of glass," he said tartly, with a glance back at Ryan. Well, over Ryan's shoulder, but it was intended for him. Kage quickly walked over to where Lucas had ended up and lifted the Ralts into his arms. "It's alright bud. Sorry I left you behind like that." The Ralts looked at him for a moment and sent a pulse of disapproval, but then proceeded to snuggle up closer to his chest, clinging to him like an infant. Then, Kage moved his attention to the unfamiliar voice. "Care to explain why your Vulpix felt the need to drag Lucas around?" he asked in a combative tone.

Ryan opened his mouth to apologize but didn't have a chance before Kage was already over, interrogating the owner of the troublemaking Vulpix. One thing Ryan could never get over was someone doing anything to hurt his friends and family. Ryan tensed, ready to spring into action if something were to occur. Getting the message, Glacien's eyes narrowed and he leaned forward, as if ready to bulldoze a Caterpie. Ryan's quick to react, but also overreact, to situation due to a time in which he was robbed. Well, I guess an attempted robbery, it could be called. His fathers fended off the intruder but decided that teaching him how to fight in hand to hand combat would prove necessary at some point in life. He loosened up, remember that Kage wanted to be independent. However, he still stood about 3 meters behind Kage to see what was to occur.

"Zuko sometimes gets bored and wants to find a playmate. I didn't want to make a scene, otherwise I would've ordered let him go then and there." Henry watched as the boy stood his ground. "No real harm was done so I'm guessing we're good." He saw the Vulpix return to him with the glasses. "Good they're not cracked. I'll be off then." Henry put on the glasses and began walking away from the boy.

Edited by commander218

As if on cue, Ryan's stomach released a growl rivaled with that of the roar of a Rayquaza. He chuckled a bit as he said "Yeah, I forgot I've still got like two hotdogs and a bacon cheeseburger still! I just want to apologize for overreacting over there, I just can't stand seeing people in a state like that." Ryan sat down in front of his tray. After gobbling down half of his burger, he turned over to Kage. "That guy seems hella shady. If he did that to Glacien, he'd be pounded into the ground right about now. Why didn't you do anything? He shook off the situation like it was nothing." Ryan took a more ferocious bite while pondering the thought.

"Oh, believe me, I'll remember this. Mostly, though, I just wanted to make sure Lucas was alright. I owe it to him, after all." He stopped, unsure of who might be listening in on the conversation. Kage was quiet for a few moments as he stuffed himself. Mouth full of food, he gestured at Ryan with his fork. "So, which dorm were you in again? I'm in 027 if you don't remember," he asked, managing to avoid spraying bits of mashed potatoes all over his friend. Kage stopped again before Ryan could finish. "Where did Jacob go?"

Ryan opened his mouth to say his dorm but was interrupted halfway through. "He's talking with Devin from what it looks like. I don't know if those two want to be bothered or not though. Anyway, I'm 202. My roommate's name is James. I haven't been able to see him for a while. He's been all over the place. He seemed cool from the conversation we had at the entrance". Ryan squinted at Devin and Jacob. Something still seemed off, but he couldn't put a finger on it. In mental syncopation, Glacien shivered. Being an ice pokemon, that was rather rare. And Ryan knew it too. Something has to be wrong. Ryan, however, decided he'd made too big a deal of things already today and let it slide, downing a hot dog in two huge bites.

"AHHHH!" yelled Henry in frustration. "You can't even find a single trace." He watched the Vulpix sniff all around the area. He painfully clutched his stomach causing his pokemon to stop doing its job and worry. "I'm fine. Besides, whatever hopes we have may be gone if you don't find one soon." Truthfully, the boy already given up hope, but he was too stubborn to quit. "If I was a pokemon trying to run away, where would I go?" He looked out the window for a moment fearing he knew where the Ralts had gone. "Looks like we can't do anything more. Want to see if your new 'friend' wants to play a bit more?"

"Vulpix!" The excited Pokemon hurried off toward the cafeteria.

"I was just kidding!" yelled Henry to his pokemon as he followed him.

Stratos and EXLink

Erce’s attack failed as most of her fakes were caught in the threads that were already up (String Shot). All 3 Ariados managed to dodge, while their leader crashed against the wall. It got up pretty quickly, clicking with its pinchers again. It was about to retaliate, when the String Shot threads caught fire.

The fire spread quickly, burning thread after thread and making its way to the furniture, trapping all 5 Ariados. (One is still K.O.)

DarkLight and Dobby

Rhyhorn followed Danielle, curious as to whom this new person was. It entered her bedroom and simply stared at her before lying down again and falling asleep.

Meanwhile Lana heard noises outside her room. She could hear her roommate, or so she assumed, talking to someone else. She opened the door to let the hasty Murkrow out and followed it. Avis flew straight into Danielle’s bedroom and found a spot on her bed.

Lana, who was rather shy, stayed outside. “Uhm… hello, I’m Lana.”

((You had to run into the Rhyhorn. Your dorm is like an apartment with 2 separate single bedrooms. As soon as you enter you come into the small kitchen and living room. Rhyhorn was there))

Bfroger6

Tyron waited awkwardly for a response. “What’s up, Kid? Lost your tongue? Where are your friends?”

Jory, Murdoc and Tacos

Devin sighed; all those students asking him questions at the same time, but leaving before he could answer them. They all misunderstood the situation. Sawsbuck would never enter academy ground. He was the one who made sure nothing else entered, especially on the first day. But on student had drawn his attention: Tshukihashi Kageharu. Something wasn’t right about that one.

Just as Phoebe decided to leave the table, another student popped up introducing himself as Jacob. “Hello, Jacob. Welcome to the Academy,” he said, picking up the Trapinch. “A future dragon, huh? I’ve trained many Flygon in my years, I have one myself, and I must admit that this Trapinch looks very healthy.” Devin ran his finger over the mouth and studied it. “This one has a lot of potential,” he said after a little while.

In the meantime his eye fell on Kage and Ryan, who sat back at their table. “By the way, what do you know about your friend Tshukihashi Kageharu?” He asked, handing the Trapinch back over.

TurboAura

No matter how hard Robert tried, he couldn’t find a way into the forest. The gate was locked and the fence was too high to climb. And to top it off; he felt like he was being watched.

He only had two options. Either he had to go back to his friends or he stayed a little while longer to find a way in. But who knows what might happen if he chose the second option?

K_H and commander

Professor Redwood was on his way to the Contest Hall. It was 4 PM and he was about to do a last check, when he bumped into Kenny. “Oh I’m so sorry about that. I wasn’t really paying attention where I was going, are you alright?”

Meanwhile a Vulpix arrived on the scene, drawing Redwood’s attention. “Is this little one yours?”

Phoebe left the cafeteria. Every year the same thing happened. Students admired Devin, ignoring the rest of the staff. And as soon as one of them mentioned a dragon type, she was out. Devin had the tendency to already start preaching on how to take care of them and she didn’t really want to hear it. And that’s how she ended up walking around campus. She still had 2 hours before the Redwood’s speech and didn’t feel like going there already. She decided to check the forest gates when she noticed smoke coming out of the boy’s dorms.

Her instincts took over as she grabbed a Pokéball while running towards the smoke. If it hadn’t cleared when she arrived, someone would have to sleep in a very, very soaked bedroom.

Edited by Chimchain

'Leave me alone...' That was what Shiro wanted to say, but couldnt. He just slid further below when the man spoke again.

He was constantly glancing around. There was some commotion going on with some Pokemon. He saw that Vulpix dragging some Ralts around, and his heart almost jumped out if his chest. He instinctively stood up to get a better view of the Ralts (in case it was Shun), exposing himself to further interrogtion.

'Dang it, I don't understand.' Robert was extremely confused about what was wrong. The gate was sturdy all around, no holes, nothing. It wasn't even the enterance of the school, more like a path to nearby wildlife. Didn't seem like it was open for a long time, so it didn't make sense that they had just sensed it a little earlier. Normally he had gone Gung-ho to get people help, but his only *option* was climbing a brick wall, and Robert didn't even know who, or what, he would be looking for. 'Gah, I guess we'll have to check in with Kenny to see who the other half is. Come on Kiai.' He went down the path to where Kenny and Ryu ran off to, just to find a woman running into the dormitory and a little bit of smoke rising out the window. 'Well, I'm sure that someone will handle it, and if not that woman seem like she has it under control. No need for more people running in there. Besides, I've my own problem to focus on.'

Edited by TurboAura

Henry followed close behind the Vulpix until he saw the boy with the Riolu again. He quickly hid as his pokemon approached them. The Vulpix sniffed at the ground for a minute and twitched its tails. "Must've found it." He looked at the boy talking with the older man with a Riolu next to him. "It's that kid again. Well, time to improvise."

The boy came out of hiding and dove to try and catch his Vulpix. The Vulpix jumped out of the way quickly ran off. The boy quickly got back on his feet and began apologizing. "Sorry about that. He seems to be out of control today. Must be excited for school." Henry quickly ran off chasing his Vulpix.

Edited by commander218

Ryan's eyes flittered up towards where Jacob and Devin were speaking. Ryan thought Devin was looking at him, but after following his gaze, he realized that Devin was looking at Kage. Locking his gaze to the conversation between the two, Ryan leaned over to Kage, trying to make his movements inconpsicuous. "Kage, I don't know if you can tell from Lucas or not, but I think Devin is asking Jacob about you. I think he know's somethings up. You didn't have your sunglasses when we spoke to him earlier did you?"

"Nope. Completely forgot the things." He huffed in frustration. Turning to Ryan, he asked a question, though it was really closer to a complaint. "Am I really THAT bad of an actor? Thought I could pull off a halfways convincing not-blind guy." Kage said this fairly quietly, though over the noise of the cafeteria he wasn't sure exactly how close Devin was, so it was entirely possible that a snippet of the conversation had drifted over to Devin's ears.

"Nah man. You looked like someone just kicked an innocent baby Growlithe in front you. You seemed horrified and almost shocked." Ryan pitied him. He's trying so hard to be independent, and it's falling apart on top of him. God, I wish I could do something. "Is there something you want to say? I know you don't want help, but it's obvious this is hard on you. I'll be here. We'll be closer than Mossdeep, I promise."

"Hmmm..." Slade said thinking of a way to finish this quickly before the fire burnt anything Important. Then he had an idea.

"Growlithe use helping hand on scyter. Now quickly lauch growlithe at these blasted spiders."

Edited by EXLink32

Jacob smiled proudly as the renowned Trainer praised Teo. "Thanks! We've worked really hard so far, and coming here means that I'll be able to help my best friend be the best that he can be!" Jacob said excitedly. His expression changed to a thoughtful one when Devin asked him about Kage. He asked me to cover for him, so I'll definitely do it. He cautiously began to answer the teacher. "Kage is my roommate, and I think we're gonna be good friends. He's a really nice guy who has a lot of pride. But it's the good kind that self-motivated people possess, not the bad kind. He's from Mossdeep City. Isn't that cool? I wish I lived somewhere a little warmer," he said quickly, trying to change the subject.

"Eh, I could give you one of those cliché nicknames like Mist, Siren, or something like that." Colin answered his roommate. "But 'ya know, I think that has to be something you and Eevee choose by yourselves. Take Kyte here for example." The boy said, pointing towards the Mudkip. "My mother gave him to me when I was two, and I named him on the spot. It doesn't really mean anything, but he liked it and now I can't imagine him with any other name. It's something completely ours." By that time, he already had left the sofa, and placed his books beneath his bed, in order to not confuse them with Evan's.

"Hey, I guess I'll take a walk 'till the time to go to the Contest Hall. Wanna come along?"

The loud thuds were heard once again as Danielle sat up. As she turned to face the direction of the sounds, she saw a huge boulder-looking... animal?... walking towards her! "Isn't that the boulder that I saw when we entered the dorm? " she pondered; she was more curious than scared of the huge rock that just decided to move on its own. Upon closer inspection, however, she found that it was a Rhyhorn.

The said Rhyhorn then, to Danielle's amusement, fell asleep right in front of them; it didn't seem to find them interesting enough to keep its attention.

"I guess that was the source of the loud noise, Claude," Danielle giggled. "And that must mean my roommate is here too! Maybe she will get your interest~"

As if on cue, a black blur plopped itself onto Danielle's bed. This was shortly followed by a female voice, although it seemed far away.

“Uhm… hello, I’m Lana.”

"I... Uhhh... What?" Danielle stuttered at the sudden turn of events took place.

"Murkrow!" Avis cried happily to her master, as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Danielle couldn't help but sigh out of relief as she stroked Avis' wing. The bird gave a soft cry of content and settled herself beside Danielle.

"I'll deal with you later, Avis," she chided the bird. She directed her attention towards the girl at the door. "Lana, no? It's a pleasure to meet you~ I'm Danielle and you have already met Avis, my dear Murkrow. The Cottonee is Doux, who belongs to this lovely man, Claude, here~"