Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mareek's attention was drawn away as the man at the desk began speaking to the guy on the ground, ignoring what had happened... He couldn't help but take a few steps back when the teacher pulled his computer clean off the desk in an unexpected fit of rage and chucked the thing clear down the hall way like a Machamp. He really was glad he hadn't said something just a few moments ago, because It could've probably been him at the end of that corridor if he had. He took the Key that man had offered him, the one labeled 213, along his papers, before walking away tentatively from the desk, retrieving his Headphones from the floor nearby. He elected not to put them back on this time, resting them on his neck instead. The directory board towered above him. He looked up, scanning the campus map, trying to find where his dorm room was.

Evan looked on the plan he received from a woman named Phoebe. “Take a left and pass the Training Facility, sounds easy enough,” he said to the Eevee following him. After a longer walk then he expected he reached the male dorms. The building was built with grey stone and had a black roof. Just like the Academy it had 7 floors.

“What did she say about entering this building? Oh yeah, I remember.” Evan grabbed his student card and swept it in front of the scanner. The door automatically opened. He entered a small corridor with 3 rooms. The one on the left was numbered 000 with the name tag of Tyron Silva under it. Evan had no idea who this guy was and didn’t really care too much about it. The other two rooms were on his right; one was a storage room and the other one had a tag with Laundry Room on it.

Ignoring the rooms because he didn’t need them right now, he went to the left and found 014. He used his key to open it and entered something that looked like a small apartment. “Woah, I never expected this!”

As soon as Evan entered the door he came in a small kitchen. The fridge was filled with water and basic products and there was a list pinned down with products and points on it. Next to the small kitchen was a dining table made of wood with identical chairs, next to a tv that belonged to the living room. There were 2 leather sofas and a table in front of it. The large window behind one of the sofas was covered by two large red curtains. On the other side of the curtains was a desk with a computer and a machine to transfer Pokéballs.

On the small table were books stacked along it two Pokédex’s. The note on it said that both packs were for the Trainer Program. Evan assumed, correctly, that Breeders and Coordinators would find different books. He looked through some books and then at the Pokédex. He knew Ymora had 3 colors: red, green and blue. In this case there was a blue and a green one; each standing in front of a pile of books. Evan didn’t care much about colors so decided to let his roommate pick first.

He walked further into the apartment, as he called it, and discovered a bathroom, shower, separate toilet and two simple bedrooms. Evan took the one at the right and started to unpack while his Eevee was still exploring.

Edited by Chimchain

Jacob blinked rapidly, unable to process Ryan's apparent enthusiasm for meeting new people at the expense of actually getting more than five words across to each of them. Jacob sighed and turned to the other boy, the one with the Ralts, as Teo looked on closely. "Hey, what's your name? And what program are you in? I'm in the Trainer program."

An intimidating, dark limo parked next to the entrance into the Academy grounds. A young man exited through the back door, ignoring everything the woman shouted to him from inside the car. He just nodded whenever she said something, and continued to the trunk in order to get him suitcase. All this time, an unusually small Ralts was following the boy's every footstep. Shiro picked up the heavy suitcase and started dragging it behind himself. He wasn't strong enough to actually lift it, and he simply replied with a 'No' when the driver suggested he should be the one to carry the luggage.

Shiro looked up. The intimidating main building of the Academy rose before his eyes. He was so nervous, but he shrugged it off. He took a deep breath and stepped inside...

Ryan was excited to know that he could finally make friends with someone easier! Being with someone in the same dorm solves that problem. "Sure man, race 'ya to it!" In the blink of an eye, he grabbed Glacien and dashed off towards the Northeast end of campus.

Bfroger6

The young man at the desk, Brendan, filled in Shiro’s paperwork. It was a long day, but there were a lot more students to come, and he felt a bit tired. “Welcome, here is your student ID card, map of the grounds and a key. Your room is 026 and I see your roommate hasn’t arrived yet. Feel free to explore until 6 PM, all students are to gather at the Contest hall by then. Have fun!”

Shiro accepted the ID card, but didn't raise his head even once to look at the person speaking to him. He didn't need to know how they looked, it wasn't important. He muffled a short "Thanks..." and scurried to the nearest corner where he sat and eveloped himself in the safety of his sweater. Shun, his Ralts, stood by him on the suitcase, and just watched.

Shiro knew there were other people around, but he had no intention of talking to any of them, so he just ignored it all.

Edited by Bfroger6

While some students were still arriving and waiting for their registrations, the early birds started to explore the ground. Some in groups, other with their families, and some went to drop of their luggage in their dorms.

DarkLight

Lana Everhart, a student in the Breeder Program, was one of those early birds that started unpacking. She was the first to arrive in room 008 and was curious about her new roommate. Her Rhyhorn already fell asleep in the living room.

Dobby

Meanwhile the boy’s dorm was filled with much more energy than an hour ago and it annoyed Alvin. Some of those idiots around really were pieces of work, others were plain dumb. He shut the door of room 103 and admired his work. He spent all morning on this and it would certainly make his Bug Pokémon at home. He didn’t even consider what his new roommate would think of it.

Speaking about a new roommate, Alvin brought the memory back of Phoebe, the one that handled his registration. He asked her if he could get a room alone to create a safe environment for his Bugs. At first she thought he was kidding, but soon after that she busted out into laughing and told him that she felt sorry for his roommate. People could be so rude. He was certain that this Phoebe person didn’t train a single Bug type. Like so many others the beauty and power of said type was lost to her. Alvin truly felt sorry for people like that.

But he would make sure his roommate would understand him, so he completely remodeled the living area. In the far corner he simulated a spider’s web, dirt covered the floor and one of the sofas was turned into a nest for his Combee and branches were everywhere that it looked like a miniature jungle. It certainly was a paradise for Bug types.

((Neither of you should feel obligated to head to your rooms immediately. I just updated this because I’m off to bed and don’t want anyone to be stuck. Now you know who your roommate is and that they are already there. And Dobby; I’m so sorry xD))

Finally opening the dorm room, it was just amazing! Fully filled fridge of all the basic necessities, Oak Wood Table and Chairs in the kitchen. Living room with a TV, Computer with Bill -patent Box system, and even Two Pokedex's sitting on a side table. Even the bedroom looked amazing, full sized dressers neatly set-up beds, and a side lamp for each. Heck, they even had the bathroom have a stand-up shower, motion-sensor sink, they even went to the point of having a smaller, pokemon-esque toiletry room by the toilet, which may be weird except for avoiding the awkward 'walks' or 'presents'. 'Gez, I know I wasn't a Riche, but this is amazing!'

Colin was still out of air - not to mention feeling stupid - from the run and fall, when he looked to the other young man he had crashed into. Luckily he didn't seem to be hurt, having pulled some ninja movement and getting already up. However, before he could catch enough air to apologize, the guy making the registrations spoke up... And, logically, destroyed his own computer right after. Unfortunately the other boy had walked away in the meantime, so he'd have to search for him later.

"Eeeh, thanks I guess." the white haired boy answered, staring at the remnants of the PC. "My name is Colin Wave, from Sootopolis. Uhmn, where should I go from here mr..." Colin leaned his head sideways a bit, trying to read the man's name tag. "... Tyron is it?"

Kenny entered the room, and let out a sliding whistle, as if he was impressed.

"I'll say."

Kenny then put his Bag on one of the Beds, and took out a deck of Playing Cards.

"I'll be playing some Solitaire if you need me."

Kenny then went over to the Table, and set up a game of Clock Solitaire.

Danielle giggled, amused at Claude's overly polite behavior. "Well, of course you can, Claude the Extraordinaire. I am Danielle Chastain, hailing from Laverre City. And this here is my overly curious bird, Avis... Hang on on second."

She pulled out the room key from her Murkrow's claws, eliciting an stunned look from the bird. "We have company, little one. Say hi~" With that, Avis looked towards Claude and the Cottonee and gave a "Krow! Krow!" as a greeting. He then flew over to examine them.

"As you can see, overly curious." Danielle said, grinning. "Sorry about that, she will stop getting in your face soon enough. So, it looks we are both from Kalos. This is a pleasure! There doesn't appear to be many from Kalos here, so I'm really glad to have found a neighbor! Or, rather, you found me~ Oh, and hello there, Doux~ Comment allez-vous?"

Edited by DarkLight

Ryan came to a halt right outside the building that was marked as the Boy's Dormitory. Almost out of breath, he slowly made his way through the door and fell against the wall. Glacien was kind enough to dig an apple out of Ryan's backpack to make him feel better. He sat in silence, eating the apple, waiting for some assistance on how to find his and James' dorm room.

Slade headed towards room 213, he knew where the rooms were since he had so much free time on his hands being a runaway and all. He let Flare, his growlithe, out of his pokeball and put his hands in his pockets. He walked through the campus, to the dorm rooms, and then when to his room and opened with the key card.

Edited by EXLink32

Shiro got up. He was fed up with just sitting in the main hall, so he took out a piece of paper and a pen from his suitcase and wrote a note saying he already went to his room. He left the note at the nearest desk and hurried out to the boys' dormitory, while Shun happily jumped after him.

Most of his time, his view was focused on the ground, so he couldn't see any of the campus, except for the grass, that is. When he got to the dorm and opened the door, he saw another boy sitting on the floor and eating an apple. A Spheal was cuddled next to him.

'Oh crap...' Shiro thought to himself while staring at the boy. 'What to do now? I can't talk to him... Yes, I should just retreat the way I came.' His hand was still holding the door open, so he slowly pulled it to himself and took a step backwards...

But it was already too late.

Edited by Bfroger6

'No problem, dude. I'll just be unpacking.' He went to the bedroom and started emptying out his baggage. He had the obligatory 'back-up' clothes, pajama pants, winter clothes set-up, etc. and rain jacket that his mother set up in a 'Be prepared,' mentality, along with the 3000¥[Poke] 'emergency money.' Finally was a 2-fold picture frame, one side being of his mom and dad, the other being of Brawly(being a more matured version, but still in his power days). 'Brawly, I won't let you down. I will become a great trainer here.'

"Hey, what's your name? And what program are you in? I'm in the Trainer program."

"Oh, hi, I didn't notice you there." He turned to face the other trainer. "Tsukihashi Kageharu, Breeder-in-training, at your service." He gave a slight bow, careful not to unseat the Pokemon sitting there. "You wouldn't happen to know how to get to the dorms, would you? I can't seem to find my map."

Deciding that the dorm rooms could wait, Ryan strolled outside and began doing his daily workout right outside the dormitories in hopes that someone would come by to relieve him of the responsibility that he had placed on himself. Every 10 or so sit-ups, Glacien would use Water Gun to fire some cold water for Ryan to quench his thirst. He was hoping perhaps the boy with the Ralts that he had ran into would come by as he never truly got the chance to talk to him. He thought about what might occur at the 6:00 assembly at the Contest Hall, and how he might run into some of the people he's already met.

Jacob chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I've got my map right here. What do you say we head on over there right now?" he asked the other student, happy to help the other Trainer. He gestured for the other boy to follow and began speaking as he was looking at his map. "What room are you?"