Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

Ryan swung around and accidentally dropped a couple of blue pokeblocks out of his pocket. Before he could react, Glacien leapt out of his arms and snatched all of them up, taking no time to savor the flavor. "Whoops. S'up man, the name's Ryan. Seem like Teo and Glacien both have quite the chompers on 'em! Maybe they were Snorlaxes in a past life! What program are you here for? I'm here to be a trainer."

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K_H

Phoebe sighed. Yet another impatient student that left before she could give his documents. She grabbed keys with number 125 and walked over to a group of students, but was stopped by a tall man with red hair and a beard. “I’ll take care of this,” was all the man said as he took the documents and keys out of Phoebe’s hand. The young teacher watched with an amused face. The kid was already in trouble.

“Hey kid,” Devin said. “Don’t you have any sense? There is a big crowd gathered here, no fighting! Do that outside on the battle fields! I’ll be sure to remember your face and teach you something about responsibility. For now, take these documents and be at the Contest Hall at 6.”

Robert ended up heading straight to the once getting his map and badge, taking one of the outer tables nearby. 'Hmm, so I've got till around 6:00 to explore, might as well eat before I start meeting new people.' He continued on his Hot Dog, pretty good for first day food. To the side of him, Riolu was chomping down on the provided Pokemon Food. 'Heh, guess your enjoying the food too, eh Kiai? Just don't eat too much, we've still got Dinner.' In return, he got a happy, still half eating,'Riu ru.' He just knew that this would be the day that he would finally branch out from those from the gym, and be better for it.

Jory

Nathalie was working as fast as she could. The amount of students kept coming and she felt there were even more of them than a minute ago. Little did she know that people left their lines, especially when Tyron started yelling at his pc, and joined hers instead. Completely stressed out she worked on Jacob’s file. “Hey, here’s your key. You got room 027 and these are the rest of your documents. Books, Pokédex and other stuff are in your room. Just be at the Contest Hall at 6 PM.”

“Next!”

• Support Squad

After packing away the things Phoebe gave him and thanking her,Claude heard a girls voice and was delighted to see the girl he had tried to speak to earlier. Bearing a jovial grin on his face he replied "Ah, the lovely madame, I hope my quick exit was not abrupt. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Claude the Extraordinaire, hailing from the awe inspiring Lumiose city, and this is my beloved partner Doux. May I ask what Lovely name you may have?"

Kenny was startled when Devin walked up to him.

“Hey kid, don’t you have any sense? There is a big crowd gathered here, no fighting! Do that outside on the battle fields! I’ll be sure to remember your face and teach you something about responsibility. For now, take these documents and be at the Contest Hall at 6.”

The man then handed him his Room Key and some Documents.

"O-oh right. thanks, Devin."

Kenny then noticed the Will-o-Wisp headed towards Ryu.

"Ryu, dodge that Will-o-wisp with Quick Attack!"

Ryu promptly ran a little to the right of the Will-o-wisp's trajectory with a Quick Attack, and didn't get burned by the fireball. Ryu then returned to Kenny's side, and Kenny spoke to James.

"Hey, James, perhaps we should have a rematch of this Battle at the Battle Fields after whatever is happening at the Contest Hall finishes? this place is kinda crowded, after all."

Edited by K_H

"My key says 202, who knows, maybe our dorms are nearby?" Ryan stopped to look at the map to ensure he was going in the right direction, feeling guilty for leaving Jacob so soon and pondering about the boy with the Ralts. He shook it off, telling himself he'll see them at the Contest Hall later for sure.

• Veterans

James looked shocked as he realized that his key said the same number "Awesome we're in the same dormitory!"James said Excitedly.

He then looked on his map to find the dormitory's and asked Ryan if he wanted to walk there with him "You wanna go there now?

After finishing his lunch, Robert was trying to decide where to go next. 'Hmm, the key says Room 125. I've got more than enough time, might as well check the dorm out anyway, probably set my books there for now. Heck, maybe I'll see my roommate.' Robert walked towards the dorms, seeing all the other students either in groups talking, exploring the campus, or even still waiting in line. He then looked back behind him, seeing Kiai just stopped, must be fixated on something. 'What's up Kiai, something suprise you?'

"Are you sure you've got everything?" The elderly man standing by the gates of the academy with Mareek asked. his face was weathered and lined with many years of stress; a by-product of his long scientific career. "Do you need cash, supplies, clothes? we can go into town and get them real quick..."

"I'm fine, Dr.Saito," the adolescent said simply. His eyes were fixed on the large gates before him.

"Alright then," the older man said. "Just remember, If you have any issues, I'll be in town with my surveying..."

"I'll call you if I need anything..." Mareek could feel his patience with the man beginning to slip a little. He knew he shouldn't feel like that, after everything the fellow had done to help his mom get him here, From paying for his Ship Ticket with his own money, along with his meals and lodging, and even serving as his temporary legal guardian for the journey over here. And the Old Doctor had asked virtually nothing in return, all of it had been a complete favor on his part, an act of kindness... though it should be noted that the man often traveled to far off places for his job at Silph, and this area had just so happened to be scheduled around the same time the school year would start. All his expenses were covered by his empolying company, and given the complete fiasco that had happened several years ago, Silph Co. was more than willing to cover Mareek's travel costs as well... or rather, they were just going to turn a blind eye to some of the higher than usual charges on the expense bill when they got it.

"Well... you have my number, Mareek..." The old bloke sighed, sensing that the boy was beginning to tire of his constant company. he turned and began walking down the road towards town. "I'll be heading off to find an inn now."

"Thank you," He said before the man could get out of earshot. "For everything, Thank you."

"Ah well... It was nothing. It was the least I could do for Andrew's only decent son..." and then he walked away, leaving Mareek at the gates alone. He finally broke his gaze away from studying the gate's features, taking the time to peer around the campus as he picked up his bag and shouldered it, brushing off the bit of weight the thing had gained during the trip. His eyes scanned the place lazily, not really taking in much of the scenery. He finally spotted the White building he remembered being told was where he'd need to go to get registered. Without a word to anyone else around him, he walked over to the front doors, taking his time. the place was already swamped, so not like there was any point in trying to rush.

The entry hall of the building was just as crowded and load as he head anticipated it to be. which posed no problem for him, he preferred to listen to his headphones anyway. He made his way into a line as he pulled the devices over his ears, pulling his wireless MP3 player out of one of his inner jacket pockets and powering it on, replacing the device as an orchestral theme began to play in the head phones. It wasn't more than a few minutes before the line had thinned and he was standing in front of desk. He couldn't hear the School staff member's directions over the noise cancellations of the devices, but he had an easy enough time reading the man's lips. he reached into his jacket and produced his papers, placing them neatly on the desk and waiting for them to be processed.

Oh damn, late in the first day.

Colin arrived in the front gate running, and almost out of air already. Kyogre had not helped the sea condition in Hoenn this last week, and difficult as Sootopolis port was, the boat that was to take him to Slateport for taking the Ymora Ferry had been late. He had to make the rest of the land trip to the academy in record time to even get there now.

Well, problem was, he got there tired. And tired people running have the unhealthy habit of not looking ahead as much as they should...

And that's how he hit the line. More specifically, the back of the guy just ahead of him in that line, a boy with earplugs on that had no chance to hear him coming.

Kenny was wondering where to go, and decided on the Dorm Rooms.

"Room 125, huh? Well, I may as well get settled in, maybe even see who my Roommate is."

Kenny then started heading to the Dorms, but after he'd gone a few steps, Ryu was still standing there, as if fixated on something.

"Ryu, what's going on? Are you OK?"

Kenny looked to where Ryu was looking.

"Another Riolu? That's a little odd."

Kenny leaned down, and started talking to the Riolu.

"Hey there, little guy. Where's your Trai-"

Kenny stopped when he noticed another trainer talking to Ryu. Kenny then stood up and spoke to the mysterious Trainer.

"Oh, hello there, sir! I didn't see you there. By the way, is the Riolu I was just talking to yours?"

Mareek cycled through the tracks he had stored on the Media Stick after the orchestral piece ended. He finally came to one that he had some interest in, initiating the play button and continuing to wait as the Staff member took forever to process his papers, the song beginning to play over the wireless connection with the MP3.

A few more minutes of waiting. He was beginning to lose patience at this point, but stopped himself from saying anything curt. One had to stop and consider just how much work this guy had on his plate today, and being a dick just because the guy might be a bit tired from processing the papers of everyone that had come before Mareek wouldn't help the situation. So he calmed himself a little, cutting the teacher some slack and turning his back to glance off at the large board dominating the Entry Hall... just in time to feel someone charging into him from behind. He fell to the ground, his head phone's falling off and skidding across the floor, automatically shutting off as they left the range of the Wireless signals from his MP3. He didn't waste a single second, springing up into a fighting stance on complete reflex, Hands up and elbows in to protect his face and upper chest... then he lowered them when he saw the other young man sitting on the ground, feeling Sheepish about how easily he had automatically assumed he was being assaulted by someone. But still, couldn't this guy have been watching were he was going? for crying out loud, how the hell do you manage to run right into a Stationery Line?

"You alright?" he asked, noticeably keeping his distance from the other boy. There was a bit of an annoyed scowl on his face.

Stratos and Notus

Tyron almost flipped over his computer after another error popped up. He grabbed the files of a student with headphones and after a few minutes he finally succeeded. Tyron didn’t bother explaining things since the guy in front of him didn’t remove his headphones. Instead he grabbed a pen and encircled the Contest Hall and wrote 6 PM next to it, like Phoebe had done before. He grabbed the last keys with number 213 on it and handed it to the boy, right when another one bumped into him. Tyron completely ignored their conversation.

“Out of breath, boy?” he asked the newcomer. “You can use some training! Don’t worry; I’ll get you up to shape! After all, a good trainer trains his body as well and that’s where I come in!” he said showing his biggest grin. It might look somewhat ‘cool’ if his name tag wasn’t still upside down.

Tyron bend over his desk, grabbed the newcomer’s papers and registered him, when another error popped up. All Tyron could see was that the boy’s name was Colin and his room was number 014 before throwing his computer through the Hall; completely destroying it.

Edited by Chimchain