Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because I have a life outside of things I do on my computer...?

Anyway, yeah I figured it wasn't too weird because at home my front door faces East, so I actually walk outside with shades on pretty frequently.

Not sure if I'm able to join or not, but I'll do a character profile anyway. If I can't have student, I guess I could go for RoG. If I'm too late, it's not the end of the world to me.

Name: Henry "Glitch" Baldwin

Birthday: Jan 25

Appearance: messy hair, wears glasses, has a smirk on his face when he battles

Pkmn_Trainer_001.png

Program: Coordinator

Pokemon:

Rosie (Delcatty) Lv 25

Ability: Cute Charm

Moves:

-Fake Out

-Disarming Voice

-Double Slap

-Assist

-Charm

-Sing

Gypsy (Venonat) Lv 25

Ability: Tinted Lens

Moves:

-Psybeam

-Bug Bite

-Venoshock

-Leech Life

-Disable

-Stun Spore

Major Burrows (Drilbur) Lv 25

Ability: Sand Rush

Moves:

-Rapid Spin

-Bulldoze

-Metal Claw

-Dig

-Mud Sport

-Hone Claws

Paradox (Togepi) Lv 9

Ability: Serene Grace

Moves

-Metronome

-Charm

-Growl

-Sweet Kiss

Techie (Rotom) Lv 20

Ability: Levitate

Moves:

-Astonish

-Thundershock

-Uproar

-Confuse Ray

-Thunder Wave

-Double Team

Zuko (Vulpix) Lv 22

Ability: Drought

-Feint Attack

-Quick Attack

-Heat Wave

-Flame Charge

-Will-O-Wisp

-Confuse Ray

Future Pokemon:

Blastoise/Quagsire

Gardevoir/Lunatone

Sawsbuck/Cacturne

Glalie/Aerodactyl/Archeops

Hometown: Phenac City

Background: (Let me know if this conflicts any of the plot and I'll change it)

Henry is the son of a Police officer who has had quite a rough experience in life. Having the mayor secretly being the head of a crime syndicate to being held hostage for 2 weeks made him believe no one was to be trusted. He often pushed people away and spoke with a bitter tone. Secretly, he didn't want anyone prying on his research about the hearts of pokemon. One day, his father came across an article about Ymora and though that a foreign school might help solve his problem, but he lacked the funds to send Henry there. Henry convinced his father that he could earn the money through battling with his Skitty. In reality, Henry used this as an excuse to try and gain more research materials.

After a trip to Gateon Port for supplies, his father left Henry to fend for himself in Pyrite town. He would hide in the police station just in case something bad were to happen, but he knew criminals would avoid a Police officer at all costs. Henry struggled to win with his one Pokemon until he came across a poor little orphan girl named Citrine. The two struck a deal that Henry would be allowed to use her Vulpix in exchange for half his earnings. With this newly acquired Vulpix, Henry participated in doubles and actually won battles despite the Vulpix being so weak. Henry began gaining a bit of a reputation and people started calling him Glitch after seeing him partially be able to fix machines. They always had some kink but worked perfectly, just like his battling style.

One day, a man who called himself Naps appraoched Henry and said he had what he wanted and was willing to give the papers to him if he was willing to participate in the colosseum match coming up. Henry's participation would attract a ton of attention allowing for him and his sister to safely escape. Henry was suspicious, but eventually agreed to the deal. Henry was able to make it to the final round until he lost to a trainer with a Bagon. When the battle was over, the Bagon attacked Henry and his Skitty to hospitalize both. The trainer was arrested and Henry was declared the winner giving him more than enough funds to join the academy.

During his time in the hospital, Citrine broke the news to Henry that his Skitty wouldn't be able to join him to venture to Ymora. She gave him her Vulpix and gave her final good-byes before disappearing. With little choice, Henry left off to Orre with the Vulpix to begin his first year at the Academy.

Edit: And changed so it should work now.

Your backstory doesn't work out. There is no virtual battle system since that would make the LT-system useless. Ymora is the only region famous for its breeding, so there is no overbreeding. Breeders get requests from others regions and professor's as well.

Also there is no way the Academy is free. Redwood (and the government) can't keep the Academy running if everything would be for free. There is a funds for people that can't afford it and other cases.

And the last thing is about that empty pokéball. If it stays empty during the RP, it's fine. If not, that would mean your character practically has 2 starters (which isn't fair for the others) or has a strong Pokémon running around somewhere which is, again, not fair for the other RP'ers.

If you solve those things, you're accepted.

And with that the registrations are temporarily closed. (only Flux and Snap are allowed in after they finish their character, same goes for Hukuna as soon as he feels 100% again and still wants in)

So far only 5 people joined RoG. 2 of them have yet to finish their character and another one joins later. But it just didn't feel right to leave Bibs and Zephyr out of the action.

*offers cookies as thanks because I don't wanna look creepy by saying stuff like "I love you for this" ._.*

Commander you're accepted. Head to the desks first so I can get you started.

@Tacos: Don't worry about it. Next update you and Bf are involved anyway. (Still working on it)

Yeeeeea... Brian went with Zoah, because his new Pokemon has a type disadvantage against the Spearow. Meaning it's not the Zubat. Or the Stunky. Also, even though Bronzor are genderless, Zoah will be referred to as female.

Gustavo is all talk. You could beat him with a disadvantage.

Erm, I was wondering, I forgot to add to Ryan's profile that's he's a closet bisexual. Idk if it means much but I thought that might need to be pointed out.

Sexuality doesn't matter too much, as long as you don't overdo it. And that counts for the others as well.

Sorry guys for posting that there >o< I'm still quite nooby at this. I hope it wasn't a big problem...

So, if my room is 026, it's on the ground floor, right? And I'm wondering about the interior decorations of the dormitory halls. I kinda imagine the school acadmy to be red cuz of Redwood :P

why is everyone bi in this Academy, lol XD