Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, Chimchain, can I create two characters? i kinda want to have his brother working for RoG...

Mareek is accepted. And I know you can pull off two characters, but PM with some more details. Mareek would've been under 10 years old when his dad got killed.

I kinda wanted to do a bit of all three (but mostly breeding/coordinating.)

All 3 are full programs. So it's impossible to follow 2 or 3. In the second year a student can specialize more in a certain type if they want.

Well, I can see a certain amount of overlap. Being a good battler would mean you would have to take good care of your pokes (part of a breeder's job description) which would also keep them looking nice. Contests, at least in the anime, involve battles, and even in the games your pokes still need to be able to use their moves well. Breeders would also have a good knowledge of each pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. It's not like studying French literature, physics, or agriculture; it's more like three different types of engineering.

Sign-up format RoG-Members:

Rest in peace, deary.

Name: Aurelia "Lia" Lennox

Appearance: Average height but rather frail in build, she has pale skin and some freckles. Her ash blonde hair nearly reaches her hips, and is generally left in a half up hair style. Her left eye is a pale brown and her right eye is a dark green.

nRCayjW.png?1

(I used Paint to edit the eyes, but used the Trainer Maker, credit to joy-ling for making said editor)

Starter: Zoura "Trix"

Division: Combat

Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto

Background:

Lia grew up in a happy family in Ecruteak. Her parents were both breeders and as a result, she grew up with pokemon and helped her parents with their job. She particularly hit it off with one particular pokemon at the age of 7, so much so that her parent's couldn't bare to separate the two- so she was allowed to keep the Zorua, much to her glee. They were both inseparable, mischievous hooligans and life was good. At the age of 12, however, her father was killed from an accident and her mother passed away in the same year from illness. She was brought to a foster home that she soon learned to be in it for just the money, being heavily neglected by them, to the point of what some would call it abuse. When she was 13, Aurelia was set on leaving, and she soon started nicking money from her foster home at any time she could, taking small amounts at a time so it would not be missed. Upon turning 14 she had enough to get by on the streets for some time until she found a way of making money, so she left. They traveled and actually managed to get by pretty well as far as living on the streets went. Lia made full use of Trix's illusion abilities to intimidate and trick people into giving her their money, taking what she needed to get by.

From years of build up and living on the streets, she reached the conclusion that this current world was rotten to the core. She saw all sorts of things that went down in the streets at night, and while she was not completely innocent, she never went past her own personal morals. Something had to be done and this had to be changed. When she was picked off the streets by a stranger and offered a position in RoG, she jumped on the opportunity, seeing it as a chance to change the world for the better.

Pokemon

Trix

Zorua (M) Lvl. 17

Nature: Rash

Ability: Illusion

Characteristic: Mischievous

Moves:

Pursuit

Feint Attack

Fake tears

Leer

Cirus (Pronounced 'Seer-us')

Ralts (F) Lvl. 19 (Evolve already xD)

Nature: Timid

Ability: Trace

Characteristic: Often lost in thought

Moves:

Confusion

Teleport (Little bit later though)

Double Team

Magical Leaf

Edited by Snap Crackle Pop

• Support Squad

Well, the way I see it, it'd be like in most schools, where you have specialities, majors, options, whatever it is where you live, in this case Trainer, breeder and coordinator, and then there are mandatory lessons that everyone takes part in. That'd be where our interaction takes place, aye?

Also, nice Avy Snap :D

It is Chimchain's decision, though. Still, I don't see why a breeder or battler couldn't head over to a contest hall, or someone in the other two programs couldn't come over and help out in a nursery or something.

This. Those programs aren't all that important. I'm not going to do each class since that would be boring. (I will do some but all of you will be there, regardless of the program) Most 'events' will be excursions and things outside of class. And then you can do what Murdoc said.

@Snap: Looks good. As soon as your backstory is finished I'll add your character to the rest of them.

This RP looks awesome. I wanted to join as a coordinator, but seeing the low amount of bad guys... Hey, I like to be bad once in a while as well!

Sign-up format RoG-Members:

Name: Brian Dusk

Appearance:

PkmnTrainer_000_zps78fd0d3f.png

Starter: Zoah (Bronzor)

Division: Combat

Hometown: Sunyshore City

Background: I know you guys said something about text walls before, but this one is really big. Read with caution.

An orphan that used to roam the streets in Sunyshore City. He made a living out of stealing food and money, mostly from tourists or gym challengers. Sometimes he did steal from the locals as well. One day, he stole from the wrong person: a man named Cyrus. Brian was astonished that when Cyrus found out about the theft, he didn't beat him up with his powerful team of Pokemon, but respected his guts. He offered Brian the chance to join Team Galactic 'for a better world'. Just like all the other grunts, Brian followed Cyrus' orders blindly. His speeches were irrestible, he wanted to believe what Cyrus told them all so badly. Unfortunately, a young girl thwarted his plans, and Cyrus disappeared. Shortly after that, two commanders left, and the third was arrested. Team Galactic was divided between the loyalists, who wanted to keep going the way Cyrus did, and the ones that truly wished to change the world...peacefully. Brian was the youngest of all the loyalists. Sadly for him, the only remaining commander chose the side of the second group, and threw all the loyalists out of Team Galactic's HQ. Brian had become yet again homeless, this time in Veilstone City.

Around those parts, he met his first ever Pokemon. One day, when he was walking in the vicinity of the Galactic HQ, he found a Poke Ball. That one Poke Ball contained his future partner Pokemon and friend: a Bronzor. The Pokemon only stared at Brian, but he knew he had found a soulmate: Bronzor didn't have any friends, family or properties either. They were both all alone. And so they started to work together. Bronzor's psychic abilities helped a lot with Brian's thefts, and soon they became friends.

Years passed. Brian had taken on a surname that was the complete opposite of the girl that defeated his hero: Dusk. His thieving skills had been sharpened, and his Bronzor, which he started to call Zoah, became more experienced as well. One day, after yet another succesful theft, someone grabbed his arm as he was examining the loot. He recognised the person: it was the man that he had just robbed. Brian hadn't been caught in years. He was afraid the person would turn him in to Veilstone's police force, but instead of that, the man acknowledged his skill and cunning. He gave Brian a choice, that wasn't really one: join RoG, or get killed by the Pokemon of the man. Not surprising, Brian accepted. He recognised some of Cyrus' characteristics in this person, and followed him to a new region: Ymora.

Edited by Pineapple

Accepted. And damn, I never thought so many people would be interested. So far I'm at 11 students and 4 RoG members o.O

And I finally finished some RoG members. I'll update them in the character post.

By the way, Kaye will be trying to hide his condition at first, so Idk if his teachers would know.

If that's what you want to do. I was thinking that they would know, but you can say he didn't fill it in in his forms.

But first day either Phoebe or Devin will find out. And Devin won't be fooled easily.

Edit: @Pineapple: Yes. There isn't a species clause. I think 4 people already mentioned Gardevoir as a possible addition to their teams.

Edited by Chimchain

I'm super excited for this to start. There hasn't been a trainer-oriented RP that has gone for more than a day yet, and this seems to have garnered a lot of genuine interest.

EDIT: I changed my character's age to 15

Edited by Jory

The Dynamic duo. Thinking about it, our starters kinda fit each other in a weird way. Fairy/grass and dark/flying, both capable of prankster, both need a stone to evolve... weird.

... I didn't even realize that! If they both have Prankster = Troll team!

I'm super excited for this to start. There hasn't been a trainer-oriented RP that has gone for more than a day yet, and this seems to have garnered a lot of genuine interest.

EDIT: I changed my character's age to 15

I hope it will work out. I planned the things to happen for all 3 years... xD

Chim, I got you that PM you asked for.

sorry if it's a bit long...

Well that gave me something to work with. And it happens to fall perfectly in what I had planned for the RoG members anyway.

Do we have an ETA on the IC thread?

I was thinking about starting tomorrow / Tuesday. I'm just waiting for Zephyr, Flux and Snap to fill out some more for their characters.

And since there are 4 (and later on 5 with Stratos) RoG members I'll do separate threads. They are in a different area and won't run into Students anyway so I like to keep it separated for now.

Since the history is a wall of text, I made a timeline. This can come in handy for those RoG members since they could 'switch' organizations. Be aware: you would be very young in your first team.

(Bibs, your character was only 7 or 8 when joining Galactic)

Timeline

It is still unclear how the world was shaped. Many believe it to be Arceus, but they do not know when he did it. Thus the oldest scrolls that were found were used to create a new calendar. In the meantime fossils and other remains are found everywhere as a sign there was already life before the first year, when nomads and tribes traveled around the world.

Year 1: 43 Kingdoms formed or remained. Historians believe this to be the start of human development. The most popular theory is that tribes and nomads started to work together in order to survive and build something up; the first sign of human progress and the first year of the new calendar.

Year 45: After decades of warfare; 17 Kingdoms remained. Greadia was considered the strongest of them all. Negotiations for peace and alliances failed.

Year 55: All battlefields ceased to exist. After 10 years of war threating Greadia; peace was achieved.

Year 57: The young prince Edmund, age 10, started his journey through the Kingdom. The very first ‘Pokémon League’ was born without the King realizing it.

Year 61: Greadia and other Kingdoms opened their borders for travelers and tourists. Many Kingdoms copied what they saw in Greadia. Some saw it as on opportunity to keep an army, others used it to attract more tourists. The results were the same: 10 year olds starting a journey to beat the strongest Knights of the Kingdom; Pokémon League.

Year 75: Radio was born and reports of accidents and missing children were broadcast through entire Kingdoms.

Year 76: Citizens wanted a change in the system and the first politicians raised their voice. They used the anger and sadness of the people and rose to power.

Year 79: Kingdoms fell left and right. The last and proud Kingdom of Greadia followed.

Year 80: Government’s formed through the Kingdoms. The system changed to a Professor handing out starter Pokémon to 12 year olds.

Year 85: Regions were formed. The concept of television was born since the radio was corrupt.

Year 88: Everyone (or 95%) had television. Unfortunately it fell in the hands of corrupt politicians to gain more influence.

Year 97: Most TV-stations became independent after corrupt politicians lost their power. People were worried and started to question the system again.

Year 109 – begin 111: Evil teams showed up everywhere during these years. (Events happening in every region except Sinnoh) + professor Redwood proposes the LT-System. (Academy was already being built)

Year 111: Right when everyone thought the organizations were stopped, team Galactic’s plot happened. Ymora Region’s government immediately introduced the LT-system.

Year 112: Team Rocket and Team Plasma are only organizations confirmed to be active. Team Rocket mainly controls black market while Plasma members are fighting each other. + First students arrive at the Academy.

Year 115: The first graduates showed their skills to the world.

Year 116 – 118: The system changed in every region and Pokémon Academy was copied.

Year 120: This is where our story starts.

Edit at 3.30PM: I updated the timeline. I made a typo earlier and something came up so I had to go. And I forgot to save my timeline so I posted it anyway xD

Edited by Chimchain