What was the shiny that got away?

Zzylard

Forgot to mention how shiny Lotad got away. It was the first ever shiny I saw, and I was like 'HOLY CRAP MY GAME IS CRASHING HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRA-' and at that moment I turned the DS off. Looking back at it now...god damnit.

I also forgot to mention the time I started a new game on Pearl, but one you couldn't save. First Shinx I encounter: shiny. BUT WAIT. That isn't the end. I encountered a shiny Machop just before the first Gym too. Believe it or not. I never touched that Pearl cartridge ever again, especially because in my normal Pearl save, of which I played 300 hours, I. Never. Found. Any. Shiny. At. All.

Edited by Pineapple

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My memory of my first shiny encounter is one filled with dissapointment. It was in Pokemon Dark Rising, at the time I discovered emulation, 2 years ago. Just before, I played some game in which differently colored enemies yeilded extra money/XP. So when I saw a shiny Chikorita during a grinding session, I killed it without hesitation, only to be disappointed to recieve standard XP. I was even more disappointed to later find out what Shinies were and that wild starters in that game hold Exp.Shares.

Well, even after I found out what shinies are, if they weren't a Pokemon I would use, I would kill 'em most of the time. No point in catching them if I'll never use them. The only Shiny I ever caught and used was here in Reborn, a Shiny Infiltrator Golbat on my first run which was also the first shiny I found in this game.

In the official games, there was a Regice in Ruby version that I'm pretty sure now was shiny but I didn't realize it (it was my first time ever seeing a Regice). Also a shiny Marowak in Leaf Green that knocked itself out in confusion.

In Reborn there were several shinies that I got away, mainly because of how common they are, some of them because I already had their shiny forms.

But one from Reborn that particularly stands out to me was an Electrode in Shade's gym. Guess what happened.

EDIT: there's one more in Leaf Green. A Meowth in the trainer tower on 7th island. Thing is, once the Pokemon is generated, it's there forever. So every time you go through the trainer tower on my Leaf Green cartridge, the shiny Meowth will be there, laughing at you...

Edited by Eagleby18

• 2 weeks later...

Shiny Spinarak in SoulSilver, out of Balls. Shiny Tentacool, caught it, saved it, avoided losing it when my game said it couldn't save because I traded it over to HeartGold, transferred it up to BW... and my friend lost the cartridge when I gave it to him to drain anything I didn't need... I got pissed, said whatever, and imagine what I could have done with a Shiny Tentacruel, since this was just after I learnt about competitive and just before PokeBank... R.I.P. Ikkimoto the Tentacool, let I one day remember your species' set when making a team.

First time playing emerald. Just finished talking to dad and wally caught the ralts. Go to petalburg woods. First slakoth I find is shiny. No idea what a shiny is. LOL MY POKEMINS R TEH 1337!!!111!!! Kill slakoth. Years later found out about shiny pokemon. mfw:

SX9TV.gif

to this day I remember the tragic events of petalburg woods

• 1 month later...

In FireRed, I caught a shiny Meowth.

I was in shock and awe - I had caught my very first shiny. If I remember, that's like a 1/8192 chance or something.

I evolve it into Persian, all the fun stuff.

And then...and then...I lose my copy of FireRed. Why me.

As for Reborn, I was trying to catch Beldum. Found a shiny. Didn't catch it. Gave up out of depression. Beldum, I'll be back for you someday.

But I've seriously killed or run from shinies that I have no interest in training in Reborn. A 1% chance isn't all that special, at least compared to a 1/8192 chance.

In the games (since I've never played X/Y) I have yet to encounter a shiny beyond the Red Gyrados....

In Reborn, I find shiny's a lot and catch them when I can...but I was fit to cry over the loss of the Shiny Drifloon for that event...

In the games (since I've never played X/Y) I have yet to encounter a shiny beyond the Red Gyrados....

In Reborn, I find shiny's a lot and catch them when I can...but I was fit to cry over the loss of the Shiny Drifloon for that event...

That is actually heartbreaking. I love shiny Lopunny. I'm so sorry...

In the official games I've encountered 2 total wild shinys, one was a shiny buizel, which I caught, the other was a shiny shuppet. My team was too strong, and I ran out of pokeballs....

First time playing emerald. Just finished talking to dad and wally caught the ralts. Go to petalburg woods. First slakoth I find is shiny. No idea what a shiny is. LOL MY POKEMINS R TEH 1337!!!111!!! Kill slakoth. Years later found out about shiny pokemon. mfw:

Same here, with a shiny Torchic (pkm sapphire). I was like "what, is my game glitching ?" and I did a new game. I was 7.

And another starter, 3rd G again. Mudkip. Little cousin who stole your gameboy and save without telling you. cnkslsbdfbsk.

• 4 weeks later...

Emerald... I was only a wee lad in second grade (year two) and I was playing in the cave between verdanturf and rustboro and low and behold shiny whismur, and I quote said. " om my gosh why are there so many whismur this ones not even the right color it's so stupid." And I ran.

hahahahahahah! XD omg thats so funny! hahaha im literaly dying of laughter right now omg XD

I was a stupid kid when I had Fire Red. I killed two shinies which were Tentacool, and Rattata. Reasons were....well...because "I didn't like they're shiny colors". Every time I look back on it, I just want to slam my head into my pillow multiple times. As for Reborn, was going to catch a shiny geodude, and shiny pineco, but they used self-destruct, but whatever, I'll probably find another one at some point.