• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i do think that it might be starting to get a little... darker in terms of daylight, but i could be wrong.

also, there was that treelike GAO nearby... perhaps it could be the target of the battle when it tries to take one of the Trainers or one of their GAOs?

Edited by K_H

I certainly hope it is a part of the story! i was planning on adding in my own encounter with a wild GAO once Gen 5 Pokemon become available!

also, working together to beat the wild GAO that you introduced would be a great way to strengthen the bonds between the trainers, as well as the bonds between the trainers and their GAOs!

Edited by K_H

-_- No Mega Evolutions, sorry... But I don't think they would be needed in the RP anyway. many of us learned how to fight battles long before ME was even a thought, so it's not really that special, IMO.

Nooooo, there goes my GAO tank with Mega Launcher :(

Nooooo, there goes my GAO tank with Mega Launcher :(

i was planning on having a MGAO, too, but i had to change my plans after the little segment about Gen 6 being irrelevant.

My god I have so much questions at this point. I'll number them to keep it easier.

1. I already have a death scene planned for Lionel. It's not going to happen early of course, but can this, eventually, be acceptable?

2. How can I make my Slowpoke evolve? Is that by leveling, or by getting bitten by a Shellder? I kind of want to stick with the second.

3. Is it acceptable if I find a Dusk Stone soon, but only realise what it is and the use of it much later? (for evolving Shadow, that is)

4. At which point will we be able to catch new Pokémon?

Edited by Bibarel

i was about to ask some of those questions.

i also want to know about Friendship-related evolutions. how do those work in this RP? (because i want to know what must happen before my Riolu is able to have the potential to Evolve. i'm not in a rush to evolve it, i'm just asking out of curiosity.)

Shouldn't Nathan take Sgt. Tucker's place as second in command? His previous stint in the air force would likely give him a higher rank than the rest of the group.

He has a point. Nathan does have more combat experience than Kenneth, giving Nathan more authority than Kenneth. However, there are probably higher-ranking officers than Nathan who are of lesser rank than Surge.

I will say this once more, and ONCE more only, s I already adressed that in the RP:

Kenneth Holmes WILL NOT, And I repeat, NOT be taking over as Surge's second in command. The assigned position still belongs to Tucker, however, he is currently unavailable due to injury. There was a certain limit to the number of individuals that could be in the squadron's roster, the CO and co-CO included. As Tucker would not be able to fill in his slot on the Roster, it has been decided that Kenneth Holmes will be placed in the vacant slot on the Squad for the time being. Under no circumstance has Kenneth or Anyone on the squad, except for Surge, and Tucker, who is currently on medical leave of absence, been given any authority what so ever. It will remain that way until they graduate from being Cadets, and not a moment before.

My god I have so much questions at this point. I'll number them to keep it easier.

1. I already have a death scene planned for Lionel. It's not going to happen early of course, but can this, eventually, be acceptable?

2. How can I make my Slowpoke evolve? Is that by leveling, or by getting bitten by a Shellder? I kind of want to stick with the second.

3. Is it acceptable if I find a Dusk Stone soon, but only realise what it is and the use of it much later? (for evolving Shadow, that is)

4. At which point will we be able to catch new Pokémon?

1. PM me about this death scene and we'll talk about it further then.

2. A shellder will sufice since that's how the evolution of it is depicted as starting

3. Yes

4. Ray and Oak will let you know

i was about to ask some of those questions.

i also want to know about Friendship-related evolutions. how do those work in this RP? (because i want to know what must happen before my Riolu is able to have the potential to Evolve. i'm not in a rush to evolve it, i'm just asking out of curiosity.)

Friendship evols will be in effect. It'll evolve once they have complete trust in you, which will take a good while. we'll talk more about this when the time comes

good to know what is going on with the friendship-based evolving. Also, i was planning on changing my pokemon roster somewhat after Gen 5 pokemon become available, and also adding a member after the OCs are authorized to be able to.

Edited by K_H

K_H, to some degree, what you posted counts as commercial redirection. Most, if not all, people in the RP thread are will likely read his RP introduction. Plus, it is respectful to the RP planner of the thread in which you post if the post pertains to the topic of the RP.

One question, Ethic. You said you want the trainers to get to know their partners. Would you prefer by battle? Or simply having them out of their ball and communicating with the trainer?

Well, Ark, I kind of challenged your character at this moment, so I guess it will be battle in your case. If you're wondering why I misspelled your name, it's because it wouldn't be realistic if Lionel would know all the names of the other cadets from the first day(s) on.

on a completely unrelated note, Notus is staring up a RP of his own. here's the link to the Interest Check Page:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8076

I'd consider this redirection disrespectful, But since Notus actually asked for my advice on some of his RP idea, I'll let it go,K_H

K_H, to some degree, what you posted counts as commercial redirection. Most, if not all, people in the RP thread are will likely read his RP introduction. Plus, it is respectful to the RP planner of the thread in which you post if the post pertains to the topic of the RP.

One question, Ethic. You said you want the trainers to get to know their partners. Would you prefer by battle? Or simply having them out of their ball and communicating with the trainer?

Both will sufice. You could battle like Sid and Clint have done, or interact with them like Erick has, I really don't mind either way one chooses to do it (Though interaction will probably be faster than a battle)

Also, to answer the question you posted in the RP, The device actually only monitors the level of the partners, and no, The cadets have yet to receive it.

Edited by Legendaries tamer

i think i know exactly why shadow isn't obeying Lionel:

Shadow is using a Super Effective move instead of a Not Very Effective move, and is at to high of a level to obey Lionel at this point in time (Level 20+). am i right in my guessing?

Edited by K_H

All starters are at lvl 5 (or 10?). It wouldn't be fair for a character to have a GAO 15 lvls higher.

Edited by Chimchain

yeah, but they've gone through training, bringing up the levels.

also, @ Bibarel, Baltoy is weak to Dark-type moves, of which Pursuit is one of.

Edited by K_H

Tamer explained in his first post in this topic how leveling works. Max 3 lvls if I remember correctly and since this are the first battles, I doubt there would be a lvl 20+ GAO for cadets.

oh yeah. lemme just edit the first post.

[EDIT]: done.

[EDIT2]:Question: will the Cadets be educated on how to Capture New GAOs when they get back to the Base?

Edited by K_H

All starters are at lvl 5 (or 10?). It wouldn't be fair for a character to have a GAO 15 lvls higher.

All starters began at level 5 when they were distributed. I'm keeping track, and No one is even in the teens yet (and this is Assuming that the victor of each fight goes up by the maximum of three)

Tamer explained in his first post in this topic how leveling works. Max 3 lvls if I remember correctly and since this are the first battles, I doubt there would be a lvl 20+ GAO for cadets.

As I said before, no one is even past level 12( the highest level is currently Virtue, who gained 6 levels, placing her at Lv.11: gained 3 from the two to one battle with surge, and 3 more from assisting Clint's Onix in the Fight with Psuedo Oak) And clint's Onix,(Also Lv.11) Who gained three from the fight with psuedo Oak and three from the recent battle with Sid.

I've been keeping relative track of it so far, but from here on out, I'll be leaving the task of keeping track of partner levels to the their RPers

oh yeah. lemme just edit the first post.

[EDIT]: done.

[EDIT2]:Question: will the Cadets be educated on how to Capture New GAOs when they get back to the Base?

The technology to directly capture feral GAOs within the capsules does not exist in the story yet, (so far the proccess has been to subdue a feral GAO, then to run it through a large machine capable of energy-matter transferrence, thus sealing them in the capsule.)

Don't worry though, it will soon...

Edited by Legendaries tamer

good to know, @ Ethic.

also, since i joined in late, i'll definitely be a bit lower in level than everyone else. i'm fine with that. since i'll be the lowest in level, is it okay if, when the tech comes out, i be the one who helps Oak with his demonstration? (I'll allow you to Bunny my character for that bit.)

(on an unrelated sidenote, this post is the 200th post.)

Edited by K_H