Go with Deino Murdock so that you don't have both flying dragons.

Hydreigon can fly tho? Oh, you probably meant as far as types.

On a different note, are minor Egg moves allowed? I had my Abra use Barrier, but if this isn't ok, I can edit it.

Edit:

No, let's keep that ability to ditto, seeing as how when ditto does it, it's a legitimate genetic copy, not just an illusion.

How about something big and terrifying..

Lets disguise it... as Steelix

grotesque_pokemon___steelix_by_rat_mayiq

Imagine the head as being silver in color instead of brown...

Is that a rathalos head I see? Edited by Flux

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zorua has the ability to disguise itself as a human.

@supernovae I'm not over-concerned about type balance (otherwise I wouldn't be grabbing three dragons), just about which would fit the character more

@ Tamer, this is why i asked.

Hydreigon can fly tho? Oh, you probably meant as far as types.

On a different note, are minor Egg moves allowed? I had my Abra use Barrier, but if this isn't ok, I can edit it.

Edit:

Is that a rathalos head I see?

Yes, yes it is, and I only realized it after you pointed it out o.0

Just to clear it up, Zorua is the only gen v pokemon in the story right now, as an intro. The rest of gen Vwill come in chapter 2, as decided previously

Also, Kenny, it's a bit cliche for me to give zorua to the person who suggested the encounter in the first place. Plus you already have riolu, and Lucario is completely badass, so, my friend, for the sake of preventing you suffering harm due to complete badassery overload by aquiring Zorouak as well, i'm going to have to deny your claim,

If you're going by what fits the character more, again I'd say Deino since Nathan has, in my opinion, a bit of a dark side to him and you already have the rampaging dragon covered through Bagon/Salamence. Besides I always think of Dragonite as a peaceful giant that if you piss off will start going into a rampage and I'm not entirely sure that fits what Nathan is all about, just my opinion though.

Where do we stand on moves? Is there a move limit, 4 like in the games for example, is there a level cap for moves, can we have egg moves? Because so far people are using moves above the pokémon current levels, so where do you draw a limit, if there's even one to start with.

My take on this matter:

- Access to the entire movepool, like I've seen in other RPGs, is too much freedom, as it makes it so that we don't have pokémon with certain roles, every pokemon can pretty much do anything. And things like Smeargle can in theory have every move, because sketch + no limit = it can copy all the moves it encounters and keep them.

My suggestion is a 6 move limit, with 4 of them being level up moves and the other two are either an egg move and a TM/HM/Move Tutor or no egg move and two TM/etc. This gives more freedom and allows more strategic options, but at the same time we still need to have pokémon that fill certain roles, physical attacker/ special attacker/ tank/ support/ etc. If you want to go with 4 it’s still fine, but please don’t make it limitless, it’s too much.

- With the level cap problem, maybe pokémon could have moves up to level 20 for this first chapter, level 40 for the second, etc. Maybe not this specific level caps, but this system. When we entered a new chapter we would be allowed to switch one or two move for the one in the new level cap. Or instead of level caps you could do power caps, for example for the first chapter we couldn’t have moves over 40 base power. Or both, level cap and power cap. The power cap is good for balance, because some pokémon learn powerful moves early on, and others don’t.

btw, my char is up for a battle, anyone interested?

Edited by Maddie

Where do we stand on moves? Is there a move limit, 4 like in the games, for example, is there a level cap for moves, can we have egg moves? Because so far people are using moves above the pokémon current levels, so where do you draw a limit, if there's even one to start with.

Yeah who would do such a thing? * hides Shinx behind me *

Sure im up ^_^ just let me know...

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Where do we stand on moves? Is there a move limit, 4 like in the games for example, is there a level cap for moves, can we have egg moves? Because so far people are using moves above the pokémon current levels, so where do you draw a limit, if there's even one to start with.

My take on this matter:

- Access to the entire movepool, like I've seen in other RPGs, is too much freedom, as it makes it so that we don't have pokémon with certain roles, every pokemon can pretty much do anything. And things like Smeargle can in theory have every move, because sketch + no limit = it can copy all the moves it encounters and keep them.

My suggestion is a 6 move limit, with 4 of them being level up moves and the other two are either an egg move and a TM/HM/Move Tutor or no egg move and two TM/etc. This gives more freedom and allows more strategic options, but at the same time we still need to have pokémon that fill certain roles, physical attacker/ special attacker/ tank/ support/ etc. If you want to go with 4 it’s still fine, but please don’t make it limitless, it’s too much.

- With the level cap problem, maybe pokémon could have moves up to level 20 for this first chapter, level 40 for the second, etc. Maybe not this specific level caps, but this system. When we entered a new chapter we would be allowed to switch one or two move for the one in the new level cap. Or instead of level caps you could do power caps, for example for the first chapter we couldn’t have moves over 40 base power. Or both, level cap and power cap. The power cap is good for balance, because some pokémon learn powerful moves early on, and others don’t.

Alright... I've been putting off this discussion for far too long...

So far I have been lenient and have trusted you all to be reasonable about keeping your partners move set in check. I have been given no reason to believe that trust was misplaced so far. No one has given their Bagon under level 10 the move outrage, no one has given the partners a completely op move that shouldn't even exist in the first place such as judgement. (a Pokemon as supreme being of the universe, Yeah... sure...)

Allow me to make one thing clear. Common sense is king here. Everyone's expected to take responsibility and ask themselves three questions before they have their partner use a move in this RP.

1. How far along in it's development is my (Insert pokemons name here)?

2. Is the move I'm thinking about legal to be in my Partners moveset at this point in it's development? Even if it isn't, would it still be justifiable for them to know it?

(Ex. Erick's Ralts knowing Barrier. this example move might be a little too high level for it at the time, but the only time it was used was when Ralts was in mortal danger. and it would make sense for any psychic type to be able to throw up a makeshift wall of telekinetic force in order to defend itself. )

3.Even if the answers to 1 and 2 are yes, ask this question anyways:

Is this move too high-powered/ over the top?

In other words, Everyone is expected to use their own judgement in determining whether a move is too strong/ not justified for their partner to know

Remember, Bulbapedia is laggy and resource consuming, but it will still be your best friend if you don't know a Pokemon's move-set. in fact, here's the link to it:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Moves

there's a search bar on the left side of the screen. type in the name of any move and the page for it will be pulled up.

If even after asking the questions above, you're still unsure if you should use a move, there's no harm in asking here in the OOC.

I'll continue to not be a complete Nazi about movepools unless it becomes blatantly obvious that not doing so is a mistake on my part.

And also, while we're on the subject:

Vague commands- If it's agreeable, I'd like for us to try and just keep the whole "Key-Word" move system at arms length all together. Giving out vague commands such as "Hit that thing with some fire!" and then allowing the creature to interpret it as it will. maybe it'll take it metaphorically/ as a saying, and use a move like flamethrower or flame burst. or maybe it'll take it literally and hit the target with a Flare blits/ Flame charge/ Flame wheel.

So far this is what we've been doing in keeping with the fact that at this point no one really knows what their partners can do in the story. but it won't hurt to try and keep the commands vague (Or specific if you like, interpretation on the part of the pokemon still applies).

well, it's late. I'll come back and edit this point tommorrow if im missing something or it turns out this whole post is really just a bunch of undecipherable text such as dagukwebhtlenbjln4tetlhkj4tojh.

and one more thing. there are no Tms/ Hms in this rp. it makes no sense for a water pokemon to need a disc made by humans in order to learn how to travel through bodies of water. and they won't even be invetented for a good ten years or so.

Edited by Legendaries tamer

So... free for all then? We will eventually be able to use every single move our pokemon learn leveling up? We still need feedback on the egg moves tho. How many can we use, one? All? None?

And about TMs, you threw me off with the "it makes no sense for a water pokemon to need a disc made by humans in order to learn how to travel through bodies of water." Does it means that there will be no TMs or that the TM moves that the pokémon should be able to learn through leveling up are allowed? Because Crobat can only learn Toxic by TM, but a creature with venom should be naturally able to poison someone, and Toxic is just that. So, indeed, it makes no sense for a poison pokémon to need a disc made by humans in order learn how to poison something, like you said, but does that mean that Crobat should know Toxic even though it's a TM or that the move is still considered a TM and no TMs are allowed, and therefore he can never know how to Toxic someone?

The disc method thing is rather silly, imo, but we don't have to see TMs that way. Let's keep using Toxic, if my Crobat had Toxic we, roleplayers, would know that in pokémon mechanics it is a TM, but in-rpg it can be just another move it learns naturally, there's no need to even mention CDs. Then again, if you're going with the free movepool I guess TMs would just add up to the problem of having too many move options, so they should just be left out.

Edited by Maddie

I wrote something but it no longer makes sense since the host posted already, how can I delete a post?

You Know what, for like the past three months, I've had the exact same question.

there used to be a little delete post button at the bottom of the post next to the edit option, but it dissapeared one day and I've never been able to find it since.

Anyone know anything about this? :huh:

You Know what, for like the past three months, I've had the exact same question.

there used to be a little delete post button at the bottom of the post next to the edit option, but it dissapeared one day and I've never been able to find it since.

Anyone know anything about this? :huh:

Yeah, it's strange, usually in foruns there's always that button you talked about in the quick reply section. I edited my post so it no longer needs to be deleted, but still, if someone knows how to delete posts it might come in handy someday.

ok, @Tamer, how about this: they could only find one available GAO (the Riolu), but then the Zorua was found, so they decided to let it be my other GAO when i managed to sucessfully Capture it.

Edited by K_H

And how exactly do you want to capture it? So far the cadets are inexperienced and have no idea how to capture GAOs, so I don't think it's a good/logical idea. But why don't you just pick a second starter from gen 1-4?

Just let Tamer decide what to do with it. He might come up with something else that would fit Zorua in the story.

Edit @ Murdoc: I think Dragonite would fit in your team. Both Salamence and Hydreigon are dragons you don't want to mess with, so Bagon can be the rampaging / angry dragon. Dragonite would bring more balance as the 'gentle' dragon. (Not like Iris in the anime)

And I thought you were making a Flying team

Edited by Chimchain

okay... we'll see what he comes up with.

[EDIT]: @Murdoc, i believe that Ethic actually said that we couldn't have Deino as one of our GAOs...

even if he didn't, i still think that Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite would be the better way to go. however, one of the NPCs already has one.

Edited by K_H

Well, i've come up with the Zorua encounter.(I've decided to have Zorua have some connection with the machine Ray tested on the group the first night.)

Sorry, Kenny, but the way I've planned it ends with Ray taking the Zorua into his personal custody in order to prevent a certain... Mishap from occuring again. And maybe another Conspirator will even be apprehended afterwards...

Maybe nathan could use a staraptor, Murdoc... to try and balance out all the dragons.

(Seriously man, I'm imagining your team by the middle of chapter two or so, and I'm seeing a ridiculous amount of power for one person to have... Charizard(close enough to a dragon...),Hydreigon, Salamence... I'm a bit worried that Nathan's going to end up as overpowered as Lance, so throwing something in there to balance it all out might not be such a bad idea.)

oh, okay...

:(

[EDIT]: i get a Female Eevee instead of Zorua or Chimchar, then! (i'll have at least ONE Dark Type on my team that way... [yup, Night Battle at Max Happiness Level! {Umbreon, Here i come!!}])

[EDIT2]: Question: are we able to have Shiny GAOs in this RP?

Edited by K_H

You can trust me not to powerplay people. Plus, everything on my team is weak or neutral to Rock and Ice. Like I said before, I use the dragons because I like them, not because I want strong Pokemon. (Especially Charizard; it's useless without Megas, and Hydreigon was barely OU.) Dragon as an offensive typing is also quite bad, given the ubiquity of Steel-types. Defensively, it does resist two common offensive types, but is weak to one EXTREMELY common one as well as every dragon having a weakness to another common offensive type, a double weakness to Ice, or both, except for Haxorus and Druddigon. (Rock for Dragonite, Salamence, and Altaria, Fighting for Hydreigon, and Kingdra is just neutral to pretty much everything.)

tl;dr i liek dragons dont take them pls they arent op

As long as Murdoc makes it somewhat of a problem that he has all of these dragons I just don't see the problem with it. He can make them too difficult to control (Ash with Charizard/Iris with Dragonite) or take an extremely long time to evolve (they all evolve at ridiculously high levels so he wouldn't be overpowered for a while and some event may happen to knock out one of his mons before then) or some other way that doesn't make it seem like he's powerplaying everyone. Although I would like to see Murdoc get some other partner then wait until a bit later to pick up his second mighty dragon, it's ultimately his choice.

Dude, Hydreigon should have been OU. The fact that it was EVER UU was ridiculous. I use it to great effect on Hyper Offense teams because it possesses a really powerful Draco Meteor and is really good a bluffing Choice Scarf sets (or actually running them).

Dude, Hydreigon should have been OU. The fact that it was EVER UU was ridiculous. I use it to great effect on Hyper Offense teams because it possesses a really powerful Draco Meteor and is really good a bluffing Choice Scarf sets (or actually running them).

Hydreigon had a really bad defensive typing combined with speed that was just shy of the standard for an offensive threat, making it really easy to revenge kill, though switching into it was damn hard.

Of course, I can see it falling way down into UU or even below with gen 6.