It does in my damn world.

All the types have a plate now. Even the Mundane have one.

Good, i'm glad you're showing more sense than Gamefreak is in regards to Plates, sir.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Damn... been a while.

Well, anyways...been busy with irl stuff, but haven't forgotten about this.

This is the main theme for the spiritual succesor to Surge Story. To give a hint of the overall theme and atmosphere of the story... the opening parts of the song is meant to refer to GAOs

and look what I found... a better explained theory of what this whole thing was based off of when I started it over a year ago...

715052593Fan_theory.png

All and all, currently this is fixing up to be a straight Sci-fi Horror genre. Humans will be fighting GAOs who have somehow organized themselves into coherant fighting forces... basically it's going to be two sentient races vying for supremacy over the planet. And I might choose to implement an Ace system in which everyone is allowed one main partner who pretty much is permenant and life linked, all others would be substitutes or what not... I'll have to work on it, but just wanted to let you all know that this has not been forgotten.

Also...

arceus.gif

this. I'ma be putting them to some actual use...

Surge? You do realize that Pocket Dimensions are Canon in the Games and Anime, right? Heck, it's right there in the complete name of the Franchise: "Pocket Monsters". ORAS even had Zinnia hinting at it. In any case, Pokeballs work on even KO'd Pokemon, as demonstrated in the first season of the BW Anime, and several other Episodes as well. But, I digress. This is your RP, after all. And i can't wait to see how this turns out! :D

So its humans vs pokemans? sweet. altho I can't help to notice that it has this digimon-vibe in it, by the way you describe it.

Drop and give me twenty for that comparison, soldier.

Lols, I've honestly never bothered to see digimon. But no... it won't be like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_(James_Patterson_novel)

The basic concept of what will occur in the story is a lot like that in the book whose wikipedia article I have linked above. Mons won't be able to talk or speak english (Except for a select few such as psychics, and even then it'll only be through telepathy), but nevertheless will have a way to communicate with one another and orchestrate themselves into an effort to pretty much wipe out the human race.

Why this is happening, how to stop it, and basically everything else... well, you will have to figure that out on your own. And I'll be throwing in a few elements of survival and breaking up some of the Military unit theme throughout...

Basically, you gonna start out as a unit...

but then I'ma start fucking with you guys a little and things will take off in the story from that point of exposition

And I won't actually be participating in it with you all... just controlling NPCs (Including deciding the outcomes of any orders given to PC owned mons through a system of mechanics) and enemies and events and various other things in the world around you. In addition, due to the circumstances of the plot and exposition, you will be restricted to a single, major partner who will be referred to as your "ace"... who must also accompany you everywhere until a certain point where Capsules are finally engineered.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, got anohter update... and god damn, feels like I've been mono-logging here for a good while...

But yeah. just to let it be known, development on this right now is going... slower than slow, it's creeping along, but just barely.

Moving on to the main point of this post though, recently, I've been paying a bit more attention to the anime than I usually do... I haven't been watching that peice of shit, mind you, just been thinking about it... and If you saw my latest status rant, you probably know how that turned out; I realized what I beleive the core of the reason why things have just gone... aweful in recent years for the anime (If it can honestly still even be called that compared to some other animes out nowadays... more like a cartoon honestly, seeing as the major defining trait of all animes is that they have an at least semi-coherrent, continuing story line in which events in one episode have some direct effect on the one directly following it and so on and so forth, without any breaks of fillers in between to break up the story line. So yes, It can't even be called an anime because of the shit it pulls, which I pointed out in my status.)

Now, then, when this rp started, we had one mission, right? Make things actually make sense- it was the reason why we fought so hard against using the magna or the anime as canon and pretty much only took any reference from the games and whatnot... and that mission kinda got muddled half way through with me both over thinking how the world works and under think how things outta be in this type of setting- but that's beside the point. That mission, even though this is getting a... well, no... I can't honestly say I'm even revamping this anymore... but either way, that mission doesn't just die because the attempt died.

So... I'm here to tell you Surge story isn't getting a direct redo. I'm quiting here and expanding the concepts and various other. I know what I said, and I'm sorry I had to drop this on you guys... but it's only because I think that there might be something that can do better justice than what we had going with the whole Kanto war theory.

Basically... this is what's gonna happen. Everything I've said so far about new systems, Cores, Power Points, Pokemon being weaponry used for an invasion... all of that, it's still gonna be used, but it's gonna be incorporated and merged together in such a way that it works seamlessly.

What I am going to do, what this has all inspired me to do... is ask the question: what if pokemon had a legitimate anime for itself? Not a cartoon, because if you fucking go and look at what it has now, it ain't an anime... it's a cartoon. the story is not coherrant, doesn't chain together from one generation to another... just... it's a fucking saturday morning cartoon.

An Anime however, from common traits observed over several modern ones, have some ultimate plot and ending that is constantly being worked towards, and every episode, though some may vary in degree, contributes to this effort in some way. Ash ketchum wants to be a pokemon master- fine, that's fine for an ultimate goal and a basis for an anime, but it doesn't work out. Why? because Ash is constently reset in his goal; he takes two steps forward, then at the beginning of each new journey, he is nerfed completely and set three steps back, losing not only his team, but also the strength of his team... and even all the fucking skill and experience he gained on the last set of travels.

So...what if? What if pokemon had a legitamate anime that had an overarching, ultimate plot and ending, where there were no filler episodes that could be removed completely and still would have no effect on the story line? Well... you don't have to ask, cause I've decided that's what I'm going to do. I am going to use the experiences and things learned from surge story to serve as a basis for an RP that will serve... as a legitimate script for a hypothetical anime for the pokemon franchise. And that's what is currently being worked on now with the assets salvaged from surge story- that is going to be surge story's legacy, the thing it gives rise to from it's ashes... because the mission isn't over, even with Surge gone.

There's a lot going on right now, but what I can give you is a basic time line for how everything fits together, it might change as it gets further developed, but this is the rough base of everything...

2052 AD: It what many deem a miracle, the nations of the world have for the first time in all of human history, agreed to a single global alliance; one goverment for the planet. How this was accomplished, what negotiations had to be made, and how it was even possible for such cooperation remains unknown to the general public, however conspiracy theories run rampant... one of which picks up speed; one claiming that a group of extremely wealthy individuals having gathered the most intelligent people to their banners and infiltrating and slowly gutting out the governments of the nations of the world bit by bit as these highly skilled and heavily backed agents slowly worked their way up the ranks to power... given various events that seemed to have common threads in multiple countries in the years leading up to the alliance... it seems this might be true to a degree...

2075 AD: It has been over twenty years since the world united into the Federation. Efforts have begun into studying a new, renewable source of energy for the human race to rely upon... the results are disastrous. The sky is reported as being overcome by a constant aurora for an entire 24 hours. Nothing of further consequence seems to occur however. A second attempt at the experiment is impossible due to crucial materials being scattered and lost in the explosion.

2094 AD: Strange lights are spotted in the sky in various places around the earth. News outlets and social media floods as sightings increase. The phenomena has no discernible cause that scientist and researchers can find.

2095 AD: The Night Lights, as they have come to be called, begin to act sporadically compared to observed behaviors. Sightings of strange organisms begin in remote locations. Attacks are reported by survivors of the encounters.

From 2095 to 2096 the sightings increase greatly. Soon both the lights and the organisms begin to be active and visible even during the day. The organisms exhibit sentience to a degree, and are noted as always appearing in the presence of the strange, white sky lights. The lights are reported at this time as now longer simply hovering in the atmosphere, but now are observed skimming along the ground or several meters in the are. Strange vocalizations are recorded in some encounter; strongly resembling language of some kind.

Attacks soon begin in large scale. It begins with small towns being seized and overrun by organisms, seemingly under the command of the lights. It is common for entire pieces of infrastructure to be leveled after capture and the area it once occupied re-naturalized. The Federation recognizes the light as some type of invasion force and authorize the moblization of troops to defend the citizenry. A full scale offensive begins as the attacks increase in frequency and size

2097: Conventional weaponry seems to have some degree of effect on a few varieties of organisms, however it fails against the vast majority. Federation troops fail miserably on the field of battle and are forced to retreat from their fronts.

2098: the invasive fronts have began to target major cities and population centers. Their strategy seems to have been to destroy smaller urban areas and peices of civilization in order to cut off ny route to haven or possible escape for survivors of the later attacks.

It proves highly effective. The Military of earth is hard pressed to defend it's own territories.

2105: 90% of north america is forsaken to the Light. 100% of South America. 50% of Africa, 60% of Europe, 75 % of Asia. Australia's fate is completely unknown. Research is being conducted in established polar military bases on the continent of antartica, which itself is in the beginning stages of being assaulted

2107: Africa has been lost. Europe is 80% overun. Anartica is the last bastion of the earth's defenses. However, in north america, a power anomally has occured. Soldiers engaging Organisms have reported a successful kill of one of the Sky Lights, though all other evidence previously suggested it was impossible with current weaponry. the soldiers admit to have finding wounded organisms after the previous engagement and sparing their lives due to the creature's seemingly becoming pacified outside of the prescence of the light. A bonding and trust mechanic similar to that of dogs is observed. By the time of the next engagement, the creatures were under the collective control of the garrisoned company. It is a hard battle, but mankind triumphs.

The squadron responsible for the discovery of the wounded creatures and it's subsequent care and reprograming is known as "Spark Alpha", headed by Lt. Surge of the former North American Sector, consisting of soldiers Lars Kaiser, Erick Freeman, Sid Maelstrom, Jory Robertson, Clint Cannon, Logan Walker, Kenneth Holmes, and Lionel Carter. The concept is further studied in other combat zones and attempts to reporduce results are conducted.

It proves highly effective.

2110: The force of mankind have been heavily bolstered by the discovery of the ability to turn the organisms against their handlers. Powerful offenses are made in europe, north america, and asia...

2112: Offensives begin to take back africa and australia. The continents of the Americas, Asia, and Europe have been liberated from their extraterrestial occupiers. The lights are no longer reported over the liberated areas.

2113: Offensives complete. No enemy forces are found to remain on the planet, however several of those beings who were enveloped in "the Lights" are captured and held for interrogation. They exhibit great power and intelligence far surpassing humanities. The beings are reported as being... equestrian in nature, white and grey with strange armoring and devices set in gold... interogation yeilds very little usable information at first, however as the war draws to it's end, POWs begin to speak about their roles. The war was indeed an invasion force, having some connection to the failed energy experiment several decades ago. All specifics are instantly classified by the newly arisen federation however. research after the wars end shows that there are some 721, at least, which were reported across all combat zones.

2114: The war is officially declared over. Those captured extraterresitals mysteriously vanish from custody. Efforts are spent towards rebuilding the destroyed parts of the earth rather than search from missing POWs however... the organisms once used as killing machines now serve a critical role in helping man climb back to his former glory.

The world continues to rebuild over the next 100 years, with priority being given to major population centers first. Eventually as time drives onward, research is conducted on the organisms, called by some as "Drones" due to the fact of the role they played as seemingly hiveminded soldiers in the war. These studies yield extensive results and findings into how the Drones function. Capsules are evnetually invented, devices used to contain Drones to save space for those who must rely upon their help in daily life. Soon however... another use for Drones is discovered...

2218: Reconstruction is finally complete. People whom have partnered themselves with drones find another past time due to the crucial work of days past no w being behind them... mock combat. The practice spreads like wildfire as many of those left unemployed thanks to the repair of society and it's infrastructure being finsihed find they have little choice but to gamble with their partners in every engagement against fellow Drone handlers; Workers turned into rogue warriors, Drones once used to aid in construction and cultivation now used in much the same manner as their late ancestors. It wasn't uncommon for both sides to pit half of the credits they had on them in a gamble to be given to the victor.

Cheating and murder ran rampant among those forced to live this life. It soon became common to hear of Drone handlers simply outright mugging civilians and leaving trials of corpses in their wakes.

2225: After several years of this debachery, the government steps in, arresting and prosecuting a great deal of Drone handlers for their crimes. Many receive death as their penalty. Regulations are set forth and the department of Drone Affairs is established to watch over the dealings of "Trainers" as they have now been called. Additionally, due to the capsule's small size and ease to fit into one's pocket at a moments notice... many within the civilian society have begun callind "Drones"... as "Pocket Monsters" or Poke'Mon for short in some areas. This however, is frowned upon by Drone Trainers though the name has kinder conotations than Drones.

The culture of murder, theft, rape and lying soon begin to ebb in it's size as massive reforms are made across the planet. The DDA soon establishes

'leagues" in certain areas of the world. said leagues actually function as district offices of the DDA, manned and operated by appointed DDA agents. These leagues main purpose is to monitor the conduct of trainers in each region of the world to ensure the chaos of the early days can not be repeated, however they disguise themselves as mere competetive outlets... each league is headed by a master DDA agent responsible for the affairs of each district department; extremely powerful individuals who are known to the people as... champions. under the champion are his four head agents whom work directly under his orders- they are known as the elite four to the public...

And... there you have it. like I said, all the mechanics will be in there, but I feel I've done a pretty damn good job so far of piecing things together in a way that still makes sense... what do ya'll think?

And another few things:

• Like we had going already, In this setting, pokemon and people alike can and will die.
  • The whole Core Strength and power point system will still be used, but I have changed the move layout. Pokemon will now be allowed to only use any move from their complete moveset, however the limitations of the core strength system still exist. As a result, the clause which allows any pokemon to use any normal type move is now null and void
  • Some figures from various leagues may be desynched chronologically- for example: The current head of the Kanto League of japan is Lance, however, surge is no longer a gym leader, instead his place is filled by someone else due to the fact that Surge has been dead for literally decades, long before comp battles even began.
  • winning the league no longer gets you the position of champion. In fact, no one ever wins any league matches unless the league official lets them, which they constantly do. In other words- The strength of Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and the Champion is all highly downplayed by the fact that they all handicap themselves by intentionally using teams assembled from their least powerful partners. If they fought at full strength however... there would be no way in hell an average trainer would even come close to victory. ((Basically, these individuals are the cream of the crop, extremely powerful and extremely skilled, just like their partners.))
  • Winning leagues allows you to enter your name and credentials into the Hall of Fame still, though you don't become champion. The DDA actually uses the data in the Hall of Fame for... employment purposes and opportunities to be offered to those who make it there.
  • The minimum age to be registered as a Drone Trainer is 18, not fucking 10. You start traveling around on your own at age 10, and you get to visit Social Services for a few years and your mommy and daddy get to go to jail for child neglect. You CAN, however, receive probationary registration and begin a journey at age 16 so long as you are accompanied by a legal adult on your quest.
  • The story will be set in 2285, 60 years after the reforms. Players (You guys) will be starting out as newly registered Trainers at the age of 18...
  • I will probably make an interest check for this very soon... since most of the stuff is together with this.

I like it.. It really gives a unique direction to Pokemon.. Plus I feel like you have some sort of planned storyline in mind, which will definitely make this interesting.. What's the deal with Gyms? Are they part of the DDA??

I went ahead and edited that in, but yeah... basically an entire regions league, from the champion all the way done to the first gym leader, are all DDA Personnel enlisted within the government.

And the Police departments also full under them.

Oh... and the police don't restrain their teams power like the League has to. For obvious reasons; they always go in at full potential. and one of the pre-requisites for becoming a cop is getting into the Hall of Fame.

as for a planned story... indeed, I do... *Chuckles darkly...*

If I may interject, sir, I'd like to make a suggestion: The Major Legendaries of each Generation are the Generals of the Invasion Force of each Continent. Since only six of the Continents were invaded to a major degree, and there have been six Generations thus far, it would make sense if we had them in this arrangement, although this is just a suggestion:

South America: Spacetime Trio, Lake Trio, and Mew (Mewtwo can be a Genetic Experiment done partway through the War, which is its' backstory in the entirety of the franchise. And Mew was stated to have been discovered in Guyana in the Games, so yeah.)
North America: Tao Trio (Makes sense if Unova and NYC are supposedly the same area)
Europe: Life/Death/Balance trio (See above, but substituting in Kalos and France.)
Asia: Tower Duo, Beast Trio, and Bird Trio (The Continent with the most land would logically require the most troops to conquer. And since this legend Group is the largest...)

Africa: Weather Trio (Desert, Grassland, and Rainforest in close proximity, anyone?)

Australia: the Head Honcho Itself (Fate Unknown? sounds a lot like it got completely Steamrolled. It's no easy feat to do that unless you're a God or some uber-powerful being...)

Edited by K_H

If I may interject, sir, I'd like to make a suggestion: The Major Legendaries of each Generation are the Generals of the Invasion Force of each Continent. Since only six of the Continents were invaded to a major degree, and there have been six Generations thus far, it would make sense if we had them in this arrangement, although this is just a suggestion:

South America: Spacetime Trio, Lake Trio, and Mew (Mewtwo can be a Genetic Experiment done partway through the War, which is its' backstory in the entirety of the franchise. And Mew was stated to have been discovered in Guyana in the Games, so yeah.)

North America: Tao Trio (Makes sense if Unova and NYC are supposedly the same area)

Europe: Life/Death/Balance trio (See above, but substituting in Kalos and France.)

Asia: Tower Duo, Beast Trio, and Bird Trio (The Continent with the most land would logically require the most troops to conquer. And since this legend Group is the largest...)

Africa: Weather Trio (Desert, Grassland, and Rainforest in close proximity, anyone?)

Australia: the Head Honcho Itself (Fate Unknown? sounds a lot like it got completely Steamrolled. It's no easy feat to do that unless you're a God or some uber-powerful being...)

I like this idea.. Though what about the pixies and Golems and remaining legendaries??

Ooh, right, i forgot about those guys. My best guess is that they'd be in the locations that best fit them. The Regis seem like they'd be in Africa, the Pixie Trio (Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion) would probably be in Asia, and the Swords of Justice would most likely be in North America.

Edited by K_H

I'm afraid I already got the war in the past all worked out, soldier... all the commanding officers/ generals were Arcei, for reasons you as the players will have to figure out yourselves in the story. Legendaries were more or less relegated to being the "Big Guns" that were deployed later on by both sides when the Arcei race began to lose ground against humans...

And even aside from that, they're incredibly rare... though perhaps they could be given some form of sub command during the war era...

but anyways, yeah, I've already got the basis of a plot for the Anime RP, so... yeah. an interest check shouldn't be too far away now.

So there you have it. took a while, but eh... this actually all led to something greater than surge story (or that at least has the potential to be, which I'll be working damn hard to ensure it does achieve that)

And we're going to be going over level 100 in this setting.

Hoopa would actually be perfect for middle east/india since I believe it is based off a djinn...

Though by pixies I meant Victini/Celebi/Manaphy/Phione/Jirachi..