Well, we've dallied long enough, back to work.

Here's the rough draft of what I've come up with for Dragon's match up against types:

When Attacking Dragon:

Always Super Effective:

-Dragon ((This can go in either ASE or GSE. Dinosuars had a tendency to rip each other apart if they trespassed on each other's turf, and so do dragons...))

-Ice ((They're giant freaking lizards, when things get too cold, they go bye-bye real quick just like any other reptile, either heading for warmer places or dying from the chill in their environment))

Generally Super Effective:

-None

Generally Not Effective:

-Fire ((Lizards have to sun themselves in order to raise their body heat... Dragons are just lizards on illegal steroids, so it's not to far fetched to think their natural tolerance to heat would be quite heightened, thus limiting the overall effectiveness of fire types))

Always Not Effective:

-None

Immunities:

-None

When Dragon Attacks:

Always Super Effective:

-Dragon ((See above))

-None

Generally Not Effective:

-None

Always Not Effective:

-None
So uh... yeah.... here's the thing, I made this list from a purely biology standpoint, going on the core facts that:
  • Dragons are reptiles
  • Certain ones, like Dragonite for example, are capable of breathing fire and such through the side effects of their "Bird" Digestion ((Go find it, I've already posted the excerpt from the article I found.))
  • They're basically just dinosaurs, to be honest, with wings attached to some of their backs...
So yeah. As you can see, I've cropped every single "Fantasy" aspect they had, what with all the mystical elemental shit and whatnot... yeah, that all got incinerated by Salem. So as you can deduce from all this above, when you take away their mystical traits... Dragons become kinda mundane, almost like blank slates, only having two weaknesses and one resistance which can even remotely be biologically justified. Sure, I could've thrown in Steel as being resistant to it, but all that crap about how knights killed dragons with just a few swings of their swords and that kind of BS? yeah, that's fantasy buddy, not allowed for our analysis, gotta go. And chances are a dragon would realistically be strong enough to get through steel anyway...\
Anyways, tell me what you think. If you wanna add anything though, you better come prepared with some sound evidence and argument to support your claim for the alteration to the move set, cause I really don't see anywhere else where it would make sense to put anything for this Type.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scanning for new Info...

Info found. Processing...

Info Processed. Connecting to the Internet...

Connection established. Accessing docs.google.com at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXF5Zy6BQvP1Al2KY_xi4mwNFev-8V1c4NU9kjY257g/edit#gid=0...

Connected. Updating chart "Surge Story Type Effectiveness"...

Chart Updated. Disconnecting from the Internet...

Disconnected. Total time: 5 minutes.

Edited by K_H

Scanning for new Info...

Info found. Processing...

Info Processed. Connecting to the Internet...

Connection established. Accessing docs.google.com at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXF5Zy6BQvP1Al2KY_xi4mwNFev-8V1c4NU9kjY257g/edit#gid=0 ...

Connected. Updating chart "Surge Story Type Effectiveness"...

Chart Updated. Disconnecting from the Internet...

Disconnected. Total time: 5 minutes.

Hmph? oh yeah, this could come in handy in the future. Good thinking, Kenny, hang onto it and fill it out for us while we go.

Here's what I think Electric's Matchups should be like:

Attacking Other Types:

Always Super Effective:

-Flying ((Birds don't like flying in Thunderstorms because of the fact that the higher up something is, the more inviting of a target it becomes for a Lightning Strike. It's also why Planes get routed around thunderstorms, Rockets aren't launched during Thunderstorms, and so on.))

-Water ((Pure H2O isn't a Conductor, but a Saline Solution is.))

-Dark ((We already agreed on this, look at the Post concerning Dark Types for an explanation.))

Effectiveness Dependent on Situation:

-Steel ((This one's a bit complicated, but see Posts #949-956 in this thread for more details. [look on Page 48 for the Posts.]))

Generally Not Effective:

-None

Always Not Effective:

-Electric ((It's completely logical for something to be resistant to itself, with Dragon being a notable exception.))

No Effect:

-Ground ((Ground is not only a good Electrical Insulator, but in Techno-speak, the Ground Wire is the Wire through which Electricity leaves a Circuit.))

Attacking Electric Types:

Always Super Effective:

-Ground ((See Above))

-None

-Steel ((See Above))

Generally Not Effective:

-Dark ((See Above))

Always Not Effective:

-Electric ((See Above))

Immune:

-None

If you have any suggestions, say what they are and then justify them.

Edited by K_H

Char. Name: Damien Blake

Char. Age: 19

Starting partners: Growlithe (Flare) and Meowth (Lightning)

Personality: Playful and silly, he's often not as serious as he should be. However, he's passionate and intelligent enough to play the part needed of him. He's brand-new to the war, but not to the military, as he attended a military school in the years leading up to the war, while the country was under martial rule. He was threatened with expulsion a few times in early training, but proved overall a good fit for the war as a whole, and with not enough people to ensure the safety of the country he was taken on.

Appearance: Tall and lean, Damien tops out at 5'11 and has a thin layer of muscle mass. He's more suited to speed and agility than overall strength. Long brown hair tightened back against his scalp with a band and golden-brown eyes that are bright for adventure. Tanned skin, calloused hands, and mechanical knowledge come from his early years working on his family's farm, which was subsidized to the government after his father and brothers died in the infections. He's got a very light accent, only really noticable to those well-versed in southern dialect.

Backstory: Damien was never spared from the details of wartime, and knew in his bones what was happening to the country he was so proud of. When his dad died he was shipped off to a military school located on Ft. Benning. The school aimed to educate kids and figure out who was good for the main military. Damien, however, was shuffled into intensive classes and training far before his peers, his logical mind lending itself to the new programs coming up.

When graduation came, Damien was finally told about what loomed ahead of him, if he chose to persue the program. He took the examinations and passed, albeit with significant concerns about his ability to follow orders. He understood and interpreted what was desired of him, but he had a tendency to work independantly when that worked in his favor.

Home state/town: mid west Georgia, near Ellerslie.

Other/ additional details: Has, in the year of basic training and education on the GAOs, developed better skills at following orders, but lacks the ability to be motivated to others' goals. Highly self-motivated. Assigned a wild-caught partner (Growlithe) and took in a hatchling (Meowth). Was shipped out to the main group recently.

Edited by PupSpace

Pup, you do realize that there are most likely no open spots in this RP at the moment?

I can at least hope. And if not, I can always stick around until I'm needed. I'm just sending in characters to RPs I'm interested in, do or die, with the hopes of getting a few good ones to play in.

I can at least hope. And if not, I can always stick around until I'm needed. I'm just sending in characters to RPs I'm interested in, do or die, with the hopes of getting a few good ones to play in.

You know, I usually try to time my Signing Up with when the RP has Slots open, using the intervening time as "Character Formulating Time". And yes, you can always hope. In fact, I often have to wait before I can get a Character in. On a side note, I actually came to this RP a bit late; it's why I didn't Post until sometime in the middle of the First Chapter!

Edited by K_H

Char. Name: Damien Blake
Char. Age: 19
Starting partners: Growlithe (Flare) and Meowth (Lightning)
Personality: Playful and silly, he's often not as serious as he should be. However, he's passionate and intelligent enough to play the part needed of him. He's brand-new to the war, but not to the military, as he attended a military school in the years leading up to the war, while the country was under martial rule. He was threatened with expulsion a few times in early training, but proved overall a good fit for the war as a whole, and with not enough people to ensure the safety of the country he was taken on.
Appearance: Tall and lean, Damien tops out at 5'11 and has a thin layer of muscle mass. He's more suited to speed and agility than overall strength. Long brown hair tightened back against his scalp with a band and golden-brown eyes that are bright for adventure. Tanned skin, calloused hands, and mechanical knowledge come from his early years working on his family's farm, which was subsidized to the government after his father and brothers died in the infections. He's got a very light accent, only really noticable to those well-versed in southern dialect.
Backstory: Damien was never spared from the details of wartime, and knew in his bones what was happening to the country he was so proud of. When his dad died he was shipped off to a military school located on Ft. Benning. The school aimed to educate kids and figure out who was good for the main military. Damien, however, was shuffled into intensive classes and training far before his peers, his logical mind lending itself to the new programs coming up.
When graduation came, Damien was finally told about what loomed ahead of him, if he chose to persue the program. He took the examinations and passed, albeit with significant concerns about his ability to follow orders. He understood and interpreted what was desired of him, but he had a tendency to work independantly when that worked in his favor.
Home state/town: mid west Georgia, near Ellerslie.
Other/ additional details: Has, in the year of basic training and education on the GAOs, developed better skills at following orders, but lacks the ability to be motivated to others' goals. Highly self-motivated. Assigned a wild-caught partner (Growlithe) and took in a hatchling (Meowth). Was shipped out to the main group recently.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm not accepting any new people in the story at this time; There's simply no way to have a new member to the team just come in at this point, given that there is a set limit for the maximum number of soldiers in a single Squad and pretty much all those all those are currently filled for Spark Alpha.

Though, at the moment, we do have one NPC who is on the team who was once a Player Character before their creator resigned from the story... I might be able to kill him off sometime in the far future and open that slot backup, but for the sake of the story's integrity, I'm not going to try to rush a moment deserving such sensitivity out of respect, if it comes, but instead wait to see if players decisions branch to a place where that type of opportunity to be rid of him realistically arises during combat in one of the war fronts.

So, a slot might be open eventually, but I can't make any concrete promises about it. Sorry...

My advice for you, Pup: store the Character somewhere, and then try joining again if another spot opens up. After all, there are almost always casualties in a war.

[EDIT]: Stratos, I just realized this, but aren't there actually two PCs-turned-NPCs on the Squad?

Edited by K_H

There is absolutely no problem! I suppose a different thread told how many slots were open or I missed it, but there's no problem. If another slot opens I'd be glad to grab it. Thank you for that opportunity. I'll keep a lookout for now. Maybe develop some more on Damien. I'm using this new site to develop my writing, as well, so there's no reason to stop working on him.

My advice for you, Pup: store the Character somewhere, and then try joining again if another spot opens up. After all, there are almost always casualties in a war.

[EDIT]: Stratos, I just realized this, but aren't there actually two PCs-turned-NPCs on the Squad?

No, while yes, I took Enyo and turned into one of my NPCs, I also transferred her out of the squad shortly afterwards back in middlish part of chapter 2 at Supernovae's suggestion that she possibly be made into a recurring character instead of a prominent one like surge or Ray. Lionel on the other hand, is still on the team. There are 10 soldiers on the team, counting the commander, Surge, the NPC of Lionel, and my own PC Erick.

Here's what I think Electric's Matchups should be like:

Attacking Other Types:

Always Super Effective:

-Flying ((Birds don't like flying in Thunderstorms because of the fact that the higher up something is, the more inviting of a target it becomes for a Lightning Strike. It's also why Planes get routed around thunderstorms, Rockets aren't launched during Thunderstorms, and so on.))

-Water ((Pure H2O isn't a Conductor, but a Saline Solution is.))

-Dark ((We already agreed on this, look at the Post concerning Dark Types for an explanation.))

-Steel ((This one's a bit complicated, but see Posts #949-956 in this thread for more details. [look on Page 48 for the Posts.]))

Generally Not Effective:

-None

Always Not Effective:

-Electric ((It's completely logical for something to be resistant to itself, with Dragon being a notable exception.))

No Effect:

-Ground ((Ground is not only a good Electrical Insulator, but in Techno-speak, the Ground Wire is the Wire through which Electricity leaves a Circuit.))

Attacking Electric Types:

Always Super Effective:

-Ground ((See Above))

-None

-Steel ((See Above))

Generally Not Effective:

-Dark ((See Above))

Always Not Effective:

-Electric ((See Above))

Immune:

-None

If you have any suggestions, say what they are and then justify them.

Lols, well damn... I go to start the analysis on Electric types, and just now notice that kenny's already done the work.

alright, well, last call for if anyone has objections to this. If you don't it's on to Fire.

As for an update, it's coming...eventually.

It seems my Ninja-ing skills have improved quite a bit.

Also, Sir, with all due respect, Fairy comes before Fire alphabetically.

[EDIT]:

Updating...

Type Chart Updated.

[EDIT2]: I am not quite sure about how Fairy would fit into your Typing Scheme; that Type seems to be oriented around nothing but Fantasy and Mythology.

[EDIT3]: I just realized, but Mewtwo is the only Major Legendary whose backstory can remain relatively untouched. In the Games and Anime, Mewtwo was created through Cloning with the usage of the DNA of Mew. However, unlike most Clones, Mewtwo had Human DNA injected into its' Genome at some point, leading to a complex series of mutations that gave it enough power to rival even Arceus Itself, even without the Mega Evolutions. In our RP, we could have it be almost exactly the same; the only difference between the Backstories being the details concerning Mew, due to the fact that Mew has been relegated to being a Minor Legendary in this RP. Or, there could've been a safety accident, and a Character falls into the Machine by accident. Said incident would be mostly resolved when they're rescued, but a DNA sample of that Character is taken by the Morpher Virus and incorporated into the Genome of Mew's DNA that they're experimenting with, which leads to some mutations, and the result is Mewtwo instead of Mew.

Edited by K_H

• 2 weeks later...

It seems my Ninja-ing skills have improved quite a bit.

Also, Sir, with all due respect, Fairy comes before Fire alphabetically.

[EDIT]:

Updating...

Type Chart Updated.

[EDIT2]: I am not quite sure about how Fairy would fit into your Typing Scheme; that Type seems to be oriented around nothing but Fantasy and Mythology.

[EDIT3]: I just realized, but Mewtwo is the only Major Legendary whose backstory can remain relatively untouched. In the Games and Anime, Mewtwo was created through Cloning with the usage of the DNA of Mew. However, unlike most Clones, Mewtwo had Human DNA injected into its' Genome at some point, leading to a complex series of mutations that gave it enough power to rival even Arceus Itself, even without the Mega Evolutions. In our RP, we could have it be almost exactly the same; the only difference between the Backstories being the details concerning Mew, due to the fact that Mew has been relegated to being a Minor Legendary in this RP. Or, there could've been a safety accident, and a Character falls into the Machine by accident. Said incident would be mostly resolved when they're rescued, but a DNA sample of that Character is taken by the Morpher Virus and incorporated into the Genome of Mew's DNA that they're experimenting with, which leads to some mutations, and the result is Mewtwo instead of Mew.

Like we all already discussed with Dark types, Fairy types are going to be based on the manipulation of waves of the light spectrum and generation of electromagnetic fields and frequencies capable of such, just as Dark types are capable of the exact opposite (which works because alot of fairy type moves and attacks are more or less light based in some way.) I may even go so far as to remove the name fairy and redub it simply the "Photic" type to better illustrate the contrast with it's nuclear rival on the type chart.

anyways, work on this will resume probably tommorow when I get a chart up for the Fairies. An update will likely be coming around the same time.

yeah, I'm a day late... get over it, soldiers.

Photic ((Fairy, being renamed to be scientific))

The complete and utter opposites of dark types, the electro-magnetic fields they generate allow them to manipulate the waves of the light spectrum as they please just as those generated by Dark GAOs does. Unlike dark types, however, these organisms' fields seem to be more suited for harnessing light in various ways rather than simply disrupting it and other energy fields, an example of which being that many of them are more than capable of condensing light into a destructive burst, among other things... such as the generation of heat from focusing the energy into said burst and beams...

When Attacking Photic:

Always Super Effective:

- Dark

-None

Generally Not Effective:

-Fighting ((Bitch, please- how you gonna punch what you can't even see because you're blinded?))

Always Not Effective:

-Fire ((Fire gives off a lot of light... which can be used to the enemies advantage...))

-Electric ((Same reasoning as fire))

Immunities:

-None

When Photic Attacks:

Always Super Effective:

-Dark ((Nuclear opposites))

-Steel ((Strong enough light can be enough to burn matter...lasers, anyone?))

-Rock ((Same as above))

-Ice ((See top/ same reasoning as water))

-Water ((See top- the main thing that gets them is the amount of heat generated from condensing light into lasers...))

-Bug ((See top))

Generally Not Effective:

-Grass ((Ever hear of photosynthesis? though, strong enough light can burn...))

-Fire ((Both fire and electric cast off quite a lot of heat and light...))

-Electric ((Same as above))

Always Not Effective:

-None
Anyone got objections to this right here?

With all due respect, sir, I have a bit of a problem with this.

*Pulls out Physics Notes*

Liquid Water has the highest Heat Capacity of any of its phases, as well as one of the highest Specific Heats and Heat Capacities of any Substance in samples of similar Volume, which makes it one of the best Coolants out there for things that need to be kept between 0 and 100 degrees Celsius, and the range only expands if you add in other materials, such as Salts. Ice is a completely different matter, though, so I have no problem with that. Also, when Photons cross the path of other Photons, Interference Patterns are created, which simultaneously boosts and drains both Light Waves. Also, Things tend to resist themselves, and Photons tend to pass right through each other because of their Quantum State of being both a Particle and a Wave, which makes little sense. I mean, come on, how can something be a Wave AND a Particle simultaneously?! I recommend the following changes:

Water goes to GNE for When Photic Attacks. Even though Water has the highest Specific Heat Capacity, with a whopping 74.53 (J/mol)/K in Molar Heat Capacity and 4.1 (J/cm3)/K in Volumetric Heat Capacity for Liquid H2O at room temperature, which means that it's very tough to heat up (Even Lasers can take a long time to heat it up!), it can still be brought to boil with enough heat.

Psychic goes to GSE for When Photic Attacks. I mean, I am befuddled as to how Photons are simultaneously Waves and Particles, which just seems to defy logic. And since Psychic is a Type based around Logic, there's my Reasoning.

Photic goes to GNE on both. Interference Patterns, remember? What I'm thinking of is like this: when two Photic Moves of the same kind collide, they batter both users with bursts of energy that have extremely dynamic intensities and frequencies, which can really mess up one's defenses.

[EDIT]:Type Chart Updated for all but the Types that are currently in Dispute.

Edited by K_H

well, soldier, since Private Super has upped and gone AWOL at this point, guess I'll just have to take your word for it regarding the water types.

Though the whole Psychic thing is vetoed. It might not make sense to current scientific laws, but if it has been observed and proven that they act in such a manner, than it must be logical in some manner- the logic we use so rigidly in regards to it is simply flawed. If it exists, there is a reason and a method behind it, even if we aren't smart enough to deduce said method and reason. That and having it be GNE simply because it's status of being both a partical and a wave is a bit far fetched in and off itself- remember, Psychic Affinty GAOs (Pronounced Gay-O, for future reference, soldier) posses intelect exceeding even the greatest of human geniuses, so simply because scientist like Ray have yet to figure out how the hell it works out like it does, doesn't necessarily mean that things like ol' Foxman haven't either.

As for against itself, soldiers, I don't know why the hell Stratos didn't just make them immune to each other... honestly, if two Photics go at it, they're both just gonna end up harnessing and redirecting the light the other uses against them and it's gonna be a perpetual fight as they go back and forth, back and forth, one after the other... and damn cool fight to look at, but a perpetual fight nonetheless. Hell, fighting Chinese GAOWs ((Gay-Ow)) showed me first hand that two Photics are going to have a near impossible time killing each other with light alone- the only reason Fire or Electric even effect them at all is because of the heat factor for fire and Electricity's rather... shocking nature.

The type chart as it stands:

When Attacking Photic:

Always Super Effective:

- Dark

-None

Generally Not Effective:

-Fighting ((Bitch, please- how you gonna punch what you can't even see because you're blinded?))

Always Not Effective:

-Fire ((Fire gives off a lot of light... which can be used to the enemies advantage...but there is still a heat factor to consider))

-Electric ((Same reasoning as fire... plus it's... shocking))

Immunities:

-Photic ((Soldiers, I will tell you this from first hand experience, two Photics going at it are honestly just going to be sitting there going back and forth all day, firing off blasts and absorbing the one sent at them to redirect it into a counter attack, and we're gonna find ourselves in a virtually perpetual loop because even if one happens to be slow once and let a blast hit, the subconscious and base instinct of the creature is gonna kick in and redirect the energy to protect from harm... it would be pointless))

When Photic Attacks:

Always Super Effective:

-Dark ((Nuclear opposites))

-Steel ((Strong enough light can be enough to burn matter...lasers, anyone?))

-Rock ((Same as above))

-Ice ((See top))

-Bug ((See top))

Generally Not Effective:

-Grass ((Ever hear of photosynthesis? though, strong enough light can burn...))

-Fire ((Both fire and electric cast off quite a lot of heat and light...))

-Electric ((Same as above))

-Water

Always Not Effective:

-None
Immune:
-Photic ((See previous reasoning))

I'll get the Next Type on, shall I?

Just as a heads-up, I have taken Karate Classes, and am one Belt Level below a First Degree Black Belt; thusly, I have a bit of experience with Martial Arts.

FIGHTING

When attacking Fighting:

ASE:

GSE:

GNE:

ANE:

-Fighting (Things tend to resist themselves, plain and simple.)

Immune:

When Fighting attacks:

ASE:

GSE:

-Grass (most Martial Artists can punch through multiple wooden boards, myself included.)

-Rock (Some Martial Artists are skilled enough to punch through multiple concrete bricks!)

-Ice (Ice is actually pretty brittle compared to most things... and it's definitely more brittle than Stone or Wood.)

-Bug (See the Bug Chart for details)

-Normal (If you have Martial Arts training and your opponent doesn't, they're at a disadvantage.)

GNE:

-Flying (When your Opponent can go out of your reach and still hit you, you're in a bit of a pickle.)

-Dark (there will be exceptions, such as Aura Sphere, but you can't accurately hit what you can't see.)

-Photic (You can't accurately hit what you're blinded by!)

-Psychic (When your Opponent can accurately predict your moves and act on that information, you're pretty much screwed unless you can do the same with them.

ANE:

-Fighting (See the above reasoning for this Matchup.)

Immune:

-Ghost (You can't hit what ain't there, plain and simple.)
OK, so I've got the "When Fighting Attacks" bit ready for Transference to the Type Chart, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the "When attacking Fighting" part. Does anyone want to add their two cents to this List? (go ahead and speak your mind.)
Edited by K_H

I will look at that chart later, as for now

@Private Typhlosion: like was stated earlier when a few others asked IC what the team strategy for the war games was gonna be, The sewers are completely clean, soldier. The city has never been lived in, so there's no waste down there at all to create any stench.

Guys, the Sewers are lit, as Surge has pointed out IC.

[EDIT]: Requesting permission to obtain a new GAO, sir.

[EDIT2]: Nice use of Disable, sir.

Edited by K_H