• Veterans

It's not like breeding would be used all that much by the main characters if at alll,I mean that's more like the stuff that the scientists or those higher up and or specificially trained for that would do lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do have a point, sir. That thing involving Skitty and Wailord... good greif, it's ridiculous.

Aaaand then I remembered how there's Split Evolution Paths, such as the Eeveelutions and the Poliwrath/Politoad and Gardevoir/Gallade Lines. How would it work for those? Additionally, there's the issue of Gender-Exclusive Species.

Edited by Trainer Red

I'd imagine that Gardevoir/Gallade, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Volbeat/Illumise and other species of that sort would be able to breed. It seems like it's based off of common sense for the most part.

I'd imagine that Gardevoir/Gallade, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Volbeat/Illumise and other species of that sort would be able to breed. It seems like it's based off of common sense for the most part.

This. if two species are part of split evo paths dependent on Gender, then they;ll be compatible to breed since... that's literally just how the biology worked out- that the Males and Females of the species would mature to different forms.

In a nutshell, for mons like Gallade and Gardevoir- I'm going to count them as technically being part of the same species. For things like Poliwrath and Poliwhirl, it can work similiarly. I will treat the Eeveelutions as if they are all just different breeds of dog.

As for gender exclusive species... ever hear of Rabbits? :3

They reproduce at a much slower rate though, of course...

Also- I'd advise more or less forgetting about the pokedex here going forward into 2.0. There's too many BS things in there and not enough time on my hands to go through and weed it all out, so... we're just gonna toss it out mostly

I'd say that we've gotten everything in terms of Mechanics that we've seen, then. Egg Groups, Levels, and the Pokedex have been removed, we've got a bit of the Plot, and we've altered the Biology of both Humans and Pokemon. What's next?

Aaand then I remember that there are Moves out there that change their Base Power depending on the situation, such as Trump Card and Magnitude. What's the deal with those? (I.E., how will those be dealt with?)

Edited by Trainer Red

I'd say that we've gotten everything in terms of Mechanics that we've seen, then. Egg Groups, Levels, and the Pokedex have been removed, we've got a bit of the Plot, and we've altered the Biology of both Humans and Pokemon. What's next?

Aaand then I remember that there are Moves out there that change their Base Power depending on the situation, such as Trump Card and Magnitude. What's the deal with those? (I.E., how will those be dealt with?)

Moves whose power varies/ starts out small but increases with consecutive use in a short amount of time (IE, Fury Cutter) will be allowed even at a Low rating on the CSS.

And like with any other moves, if people abuse them/ make up some BS, I will step into to the fight and there will be consequences handed out varying on the degree of the offense.

EDIT: and Trump Card is useless here because PP does not exist within the system.... actually, wait... hold that thought:

Would you all be interested in an MP system of sorts using the concept of PP for the re-write? Basically how it would work is, it's an RPG, Every Mon has a set amount of PP which can be determined later, and using any move takes up a single point. When all Power Points are used up, the mon is incapable of using anymore moves for the time being, thus forcing it to rely on basic actions such as Scratching, Stinging, Biting, IE, things that constitute what any ordinary animal would be able to do in order to defend itself, but not actual moves.

I mean, if we did this, it would really go quite well with the other parts I've already finished. For example, we will be differentiating actual moves from actions such as an animal simply biting or scratching. Here's the notes I typed on my laptop for it during the ride from school today:

Basic Actions are, put quite simply, just as they sound, regular, ordinary actions that any animal could preform in order to defend itself. Biting, Scratching, Cutting, Striking, etc. All of such actions fall into the Basic Actions Category, and are visibly differentiated from Actual Moves by the fact that there is no energy glow when a Pokemon uses a Basic Action, no energy reaction takes place.

Actual Moves however, are an entirely different story altogether. "Moves" as they are called by the common man, though scientist have developed a preference of referring to them as "Reactions" over the course of the four decades since the Star-fall and the break up of the United States into the "Pacific Assembly of the United States of America" or "PAUSA" and the "Atlantic Alliance of the American People" or the "AAAP", are just as their scientific namesakes suggests, they are the results of certain Energy Reactions that take place within a Pokemon's Core upon use, thus leading to the discharge of Power in some form. All Moves, whether they be physical, special, or status, follow this rule, and this is one of the most basic laws of "Core Theory". Moves are differentiated from Basic Actions by the fact of some sort of visible phenomenon always proceeding the discharge of the energy, whether it be a glow, a rippling of air, etc.

In regards to damage however, it should be noted that Regular Attacks,, such as a Pokemon biting another or scratching with claws, will not be protected by any type match up, and will as such by pass the Core Field entirely and deal damage directly to the pokemon's body. However, due to the Healing Factor that all Mons have... going for strictly basic actions is at best a risky and unpredictable strategy, and at worst the surest way path to death on the battlefield for Pokemon and Human Partner both.

So yeah... if we pair up the Move and Basic Action System with an Power Point system... we could maybe make things a bit more interesting, have you having to watch your Ammo (Sort to speak) instead of just sitting there wailing on an opponent. Make your shots and your moves count. Of course, basic moves would increase as the mon grows in power, obviously...

I think I'll do it, (Screw it, I KNOW I'm doing it...I want to see how it well it will work) but still, just want some opinions if you have any.

And that reminds me... I still have to explain core theory

Absolutely brilliant, sir. I wholeheartedly reccommend we use it.

Hmm... Ooh! I just got an Idea! If we're going to do that, how about we have the Core regenerate PP depending on its Core Ranking: the higher the Ranking, the faster it regenerates PP. It would still take longer to Regenerate PP than use it at higher Ranks, but it would still regenerate PP at a faster rate than at the Lower Ranks.

So that means that Leppa Berries are filled with a Compound that accelerates the PP Regeneration Process for a short time. Genius move, Sir!

Edited by Trainer Red

Whoa now, slow down there... I have to go and look at a few things before I can decide on the Regen rate... I still have to actually decide whether to have higher power moves take more PP to prevent power playing later on, and how much more at that...

At current though, here is what I'm thinking of:

Moves with 85 base power and below, Moves whose Power Varies, and all Status Moves: Take 1 PP

Moves with a base power in between 86 and 140: Take 2 PP

Moves with a base power over 140: Take 4 PP

This above, coupled with the following...

Low CSS: have a maximum of 20PP

Middle CSS: Have a Maximum of 40PP

High CSS: Have a Maximum of 80PP

Now, as anyone who knows basic math can plainly see, this configuration uses the formula of multiplying the max of the previous level by 2. And obviously, mons can use moves of a lower base power than the category of strength they currently fit into.

I feel that this configuration, coupled with the fact that each type only gets so many moves around 140+ anyway ( and yes, I've looked, the majority only have a few moves that powerful.) can effectively keep shit under control. Coupled with the power of my merciless narration against those who choose to break my rules :ph34r:

I have a suggestion, sir:

Guaranteed-OHKO Moves (such as Guillotine) require more PP than the other kinds to execute. I'd say that 8 PP per GOHKO sounds reasonable.

Edited by Trainer Red

I have a suggestion, sir:

Guaranteed-OHKO Moves (such as Guillotine) require more PP than the other kinds to execute. I'd say that 6 PP per GOHKO sounds reasonable.

Nope. OHKO takes all PP and Leaves the user at 1 HP (Yes, we will have HP here as well, but it will honestly be something more meant for me to keep an eye on players during combat)

their accuracy, range, and area of effect are far greater... but in trade off... they leave the user themselves close to death. And all OHKOs are restricted to High CSS anyway, so it don't matter at the end of the day.

Basically, your OHKOs are like nukes, or Dr. Devices... basically, they are the ultimate attacks...

the last resort, best saved for when you know you're not coming home alive, but you still have allies who can make it if the tables are turned or enough time is bought for a retreat...

yeah I agree with the OHKO move as a last resort attack, it would be absurd and borderline sueish, if a player can automatically bodybag another player's poke at the beginning of a match using that type of skill.

I was wondering, what is going to be the deal with abilities? Will they all work the same way as the games? And would that involve Abilities like Pressure? In that case it would really mess around with the PP system. Also I am a little unclear as to how the stats system would work? Considering the Speed Boost or Moody ability, would the stats change after every move used or change at random intervals? Also who would decide the stats and how they change?

abilities more or less work the same. Pressure will cuase no issue and in fact as far as I can see, will only add to the high difficulty level you all will suffer will make things even more strategic.

As for stats, I will explain that when I explain core theory, but you need to understand that right now, I do not have to time to get too in depth with it. As for Speed Boost, it will act like Huge Power does and double the Pokemon's base speed stat.

And if any abilities become issues- then I have a simple solution. I will start banning shit mercilessly as needed.

alright, so core theory isn't quite ready yet (Though I am working on it and it's hostory), but I've made a change that needs to be addressed.)

Regarding what I said about moves though

Mons are going to be restricted to using moves of the same types as it (IE, STAB), both for Attacks and status moves. Normal Type moves however will be available to use since the vast majority of them are mundane things (Heh, get it, cause I renamed it mundane and... no? alright, I'll stop.) that pretty much the vast majority of mons would be able to be justified as being capable of.

So basically, how it's set up now: Mons are not restricted to only four moves, but they are only allowed to use STAB moves, IE, moves which it would receive STAB bonus from if it dealt damage, except for the following exceptions:

-If a Mon has had a move drive used on it

-Normal Type moves will, more or less, be completely free game to use so long as they make sense with that mon being able to use it (IE, the charizard-Slash and Blastoise-Rapid Spin examples, but a Charizard can't be justified with using rapid spin without a move drive, and neither can a Blastoise with Slash), and falls within the base power restriction of each category

In addition, I've another announcement: We will be taking all pokedex entries with a grain of salt in the re-write. In other words, I have final say on what credentials are used and what traits a species has, and on what is just pure and utter bull shit. Basically, I decide what within the pokedex is canon or not.

In further addition: The following moves...

-Roost
-Slack Off
-Synthesis
-Recover
-Softboiled
-Moonlight
-Milk Drink
-Morning Sun
-Heal Order

Will take 4 Power Points to execute and are restricted to the Moderate CSS level. If anyone abuses recovery moves, I will issue only one warning, followed by killing the Pokemon in question if it continues to be an issue

what's a spartan type?

It is the new name of Fighting Types.

I've gone through and renamed all the types for the rewrite

Fire- Pyro

Water- Hydro

Grass- Chloro

Electric- Electro

Dragon- Draconic

Ghost- Spectral

Dark- Umbral/ Umbra

Fighting- Spartan (Think about it for a few moments, it does make a degree of sense)

Fairy- Photic/ Photo

Poison- Venom/ Caustic

Ground- Terra

Rock- Petra

Steel- Ferric

Flying- Avian/ Aero

Bug- Formic/ Insectoid

Psychic- Psionic/ ESP

Ice- Cryo

Normal-.... Mundane

EDIT: and by the way, these are the new names of the types. Their pretty straight forward, so confusion should be no issue here:

Fire- Pyro

Water- Hydro

Grass- Chloro

Electric- Electro

Dragon- Draconic

Ghost- Spectral

Dark- Umbral/ Umbra

Fighting- Spartan (Think about it for a few moments, it does make a degree of sense)

Fairy- Photic/ Photo

Poison- Venom/ Caustic

Ground- Terra

Rock- Petra

Steel- Ferric

Flying- Avian/ Aero

Bug- Formic/ Insectoid

Psychic- Psionic/ ESP

Ice- Cryo

Normal-.... Mundane

Basically mono fighting. If Faust is still going to use these names.

Aaand I got ninja'd.

Basically mono fighting. If Faust is still going to use these names.

Aaand I got ninja'd.

Oh trust me, I'm gonna use these names... I like them far better than the monkiers that came before. Plus they sound ten times more official, seeing as how most of them are greek/ latin roots, the two languages commonly utilized within science

And the plot has grown a bit deeper. I've decided to do something with the 18 elemental Type plates.

And we need a theme for V2.0... I'll have to start searching since I can't even recall what the theme for this RP was XD

In case you forgot, Normal didn't get a Plate, for some strange reason.

It does in my damn world.

All the types have a plate now. Even the Mundane have one. and the reason GF likely didn't make a normal type plate is because Arceus is naturally a normal type anyway in the games and such, hence... no purpose with having a plate for Multi type