If we're going along with the idea that Kanto is actually in Japan, then wouldn't it make more sense for us to be using gen5 Pokemon (as Unova is loosely based on metropolitan America)?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we're going along with the idea that Kanto is actually in Japan, then wouldn't it make more sense for us to be using gen5 Pokemon (as Unova is loosely based on metropolitan America)?

Shh. Don't take away my beloved Gen 1 Pokemon.

Sweet Jesus... So many questions... Welp...

Relax, my flock, your RP host hath returned.

*Cracks fingers and prepares for a long typing session*

Would it be sue-ish if my character had an encounter with Zapdos? It would make sense, him being a pilot and all.

also debating asking for a deino if that requirement is dropped, i'm currently obsessed with it

No, it would not, and I would be fine with arranging an opportunity for nathan to have an encounter with zapdos (Encounter does not mean capture, just to clear things up on this front.) And I've decided to go ahead with that partner restriction change, you my chose any two pokemon from generations 1-4, I will be allowing Psuedo legendaries. (Dont go taking advantage of this...) so no, you won't be able to have Deino as an initial partner, but come Chapter two...

Ditto breed 'em. I don't mean that whole meaningless "you need a Ditto safari to breed IVs" thing that some people think. Just a plain Ditto. Give the Ditto the Destiny Knot, the Deino(s) the Everstone and breed until you get a female that has the IVs passed.

Also, if you do decide to allow us to switch, is it still no Gen 6?

(Dibs on Noibat if it's allowed... >.>)

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my current Pokes. I would take Aggron, but I already have one in Aftermath.

No Gen 6. so no on that noibat.

Question: If you are going with the "radiation mutated living organisms" theory, are pokémon based on inanimate objects off the table? Things like ice cream cones, and gears and... trash. And what about Geodude/Roggenrola? Because a Rhyhorn can be seen as a rhino with mineral skin, but a Geodude is just a rock.

Personally I like the “no pokémon objects” approach, they don’t really work in a real world based RPG, imo.

Well, the theory that i'm going with for pokemon's existence is not Radiation mutated living organisms, but rather a Virus that arose after a disaster caused a research center studying a new method of Energy production/ Teleportation technology.

Pokemon based on inanimate will be off the table, but will begin appearing in Chapter 2 during the war. The story behind them will either be foreign scientist working with the virus, or by the virus somehow becoming able to affect said objects (And Ray will be quite perplexed when these things happen.)

As for Geodude, let's just cross that bridge if we come to it... Because I have no Idea how to logically explain it's existence.

I think in order for me to decide if it's ok for Nathan to encounter a Zapdos, we're going to have to figure out how we're treating legends in this RP. I mean if they're manufactured weapons only used by our unnamed enemy then probably not unless they were involved with Nathan's previous campaign, but if they're just incredibly rare and powerful mutations then I have no problem with it. Basically I have absolutely no problem with it as long as it makes sense to the RP.

Damn, thats right, I forgot to address the situation on Legendaries!

Well, here goes:

• Legendaries in the RP will be divided into two categories: Major and Minor Legendaries
  • Major legendaries will have some direct involvement in the story, they will be uncatchable unless you have proven yourself worthy of weilding such power, and probably serve as the equivalent of a boss battle for the squad. Their Lore will be removed entirely. Their origin story will be relegated to Creatures developed as super weapons by both the U.S. and various nations opposed to the U.S. when word of the (Nope, no spoilers for you!!!) Their power and size will be the absolute stuff of nightmares, far greater than the Canon Pokemon Potrays them. But you all will see that first hand eventually...
  • Minor Legendaries will have a lesser role in the story than majors, but will be attainable easier in the story. Their lore will be replaced by Urban myths that spring up in the story, brought up by NPC's. (EX. The random Joe approached Liutenant surge as the Surrendering Korean soldiers were collected and loaded onto the transport, his face estatic. "Yo man, you hear about the huge flaming bird that was spotted in Yellow Stone? Man, they say that the thing was so bright that it can be seen twenty miles away at night!") They origin stories will be that they are creatures that the Virus has taken further root inside, thus transforming them to a far greater degree, and with that greater transformation comes greater power than other Infected creatures.
  • List of Major Legends: As I define them.
  • Ho-oh
  • Lugia
  • Rayquaza
  • Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Dialga
  • Garitina
  • Zekrom
  • Reshiram
  • Regice
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Kyurem
  • Landorus
  • Thundorus
  • Note that there is a chance that not all of those named will appear in the RP
  • List of Minor Legends: as I define them
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mew
  • Uxie
  • Azelf
  • Mesprit
  • coballion
  • Virizion
  • Terakion
  • Keldeo

There we are.

Good question

Well, the main reasons that I'm implimenting all but Gen 6, and not just one gen by itself, is because of how I've set up the Biomechanics of the Virus (Got the concept for it out of the later books in the Ender Series, by Orson Scott Card.)

Basically, because the virus started out in Japan, then spreads to the rest of the world over time, certain Areas of Japan, such as the Kanto Region, Have Far less variety in the species available in the area, as at the time the Virus arrives, it is still adapting to infect and transform (Kill, in most cases) The Native Species. However, as it spreads, lets say that over a decade it goes from the Kanto region to what is known as the Sinnoh Region, it has Adapted already to the DNA of many species, there fore, it is possible to find pokemon from hoenn, johto, and kanto there in addition to the pokemon native to the Region.

Now then, when the virus reaches america, it has adapted some much that pokemon from every Japenese Region are found on the continent, leading to America having a Greater Variety of species (has to do with how the Virus Decides what Species to kill, and which ones to transform, and of those species, into what?). But America also gives rise to new pokemon in the metropolitan area of New york, which will be discovered as the story progresses.

Now, if everyone could repost saying what they would like their new partners to be if they want to change... (Up to Gen 4, Gen 5 will be available later in the story.)

I'd also like to take this minute to thank everyone for not Derping and completely overreacting over all the issues they see and instead posting them here like normal people so that they can be worked out. truly, thank you to everyone for their cooperation so far.

Edited by Legendaries tamer

You want us to repost the whole profile or just the updated pokémon choices? Anyway, I'm keeping the Zubat and trading the Rhyhorn for a Totodile.

Char: Enyo Greyjoy

Pokémon: Zubat (male), Totodile (male)

Edited by Maddie

You want us to repost the whole profile or just the updated pokémon choices? Anyway, I'm keeping the Zubat and trading the Rhyhorn for a Totodile.

Char: Enyo Greyjoy

Pokémon: Zubat (male), Totodile (male)

Just Updated Partners please, not the whole profile.

Mating pairs clause is still in effect.

As for my own:

Erick A. Freeman

Piplup F(Emperess), Aerydactyl M(Raid)

Just Updated Partners please, not the whole profile.

Mating pairs clause is still in effect.

As for my own:

Erick A. Freeman

Piplup F(Emperess), Aerydactyl M(Raid)

We can have fossils? How can that be, are they not considered fossils? Because millions of years ago there were no pokemon to die and become a fossil.

On another note, pokémon without evolution are a bit OP for this stage of the RPG, since most of them have base stats equivalent to a final stage pokémon. At this point an Aerodactyl would sweep everything.

Edited by Maddie

We can have fossils? How can that be, are they not considered fossils? Because millions of years ago there were no pokemon to die and become a fossil.

On another note, pokémon without evolution are a bit OP for this fase of the RPG, since most of them have base stats equivalent to a final stage pokémon. At this point an Aerodactyl would sweep everything.

>>

<<

*hides precious Tauros from view*

I think I'll go without a Normal type.

Sampson (Ponyta, M)- is it okay if he is a particularly large Ponyta? There are some pretty huge horses in America.

Nefertiti (Nidoran, F)

Edited by Jory

I'll hang on to my Charmander (F) and take a Bagon (M) (since no deino for me.) No nicknames yet; I rarely nickname pokes in-game, mostly because I like the original names and have a hard time coming up with new ones.

Is my latest post OK?

Also, I have to know if I can curse or not.

On another note, pokémon without evolution are a bit OP for this stage of the RPG, since most of them have base stats equivalent to a final stage pokémon. At this point an Aerodactyl would sweep everything.

Fossils are allowed. Background story is that the Virus infected then transformed several Prehistoric creatures that had just been successfully cloned from DNA recovered from fossils, and the Generation it was introduced in won't matter due this story behind them.

However, I will change Aerodactyl to Ralts for Erick.

As for to total claimed partners, here's the list I have right now:

Zubat M

Totodile M

Piplup F

Nidoran F, M

Abra M

Onyx F

Tyrouge M

Baltoy

Ralts F

VulpixF

Ponyta M

Charmander F

Bagon M

Shinx M

Horsea F

Squirtle M

Chimchar M

Correct me if im missing some, If it's not, then it's about time we get to Ray Handing out everyone's partners.

There might be a single battle right after(Between first two people to volunteer in their reply to the prompt, One Pokemon will be used on each side) though I haven't decided on this yet.

By the way, you do realize that saying no pseudo-legendaries from Gen V specifically means banning Hydreigon and nothing else, right?

I don't really recall ever Banning psuedo-legendaries from any of the Gens we'll be using in the RP. I said that you coulnd't have any pokemon from Gen V for your initial two partners (unless fossil pokemon, see post #90) , and that therefor you couldn't have a Deino, which would evolve eventually to Hydreigon, as an initial partner. I never said that You couldn't have one at all. so when Gen V pokes start to be intro'd in Chapter 2, you'll be able to get one then.

I don't know if it's important or not but I forgot to mention the gender. Both Squirtle (Crush) and Chimchar (Ace) are male.

well, the partners are issued, but there seems to be some... issues between two people...

Anyway, here's the theme's of the RP

Determination/ the tough challenge:

Hope in the heat of battle (Firepower)

Hope in the heat of battle (Pokemon battle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WB3yhhXN7C0

Boss fight (Beggining) :o

Boss fight (Middle):|

Boss fight (Victory):D

Training(military):

Death:

Theme of despair in Battle

that's all for now (more later)

Sorry if I jumped the gun, just didn't think it'd be in character for Clint to wait around, however if there's a problem with him summoning his pokes I'll change it, and if anyone has any better pictures, let me know I'd be happy to change them.

Sorry bout your battle, Chimchain, Supernovae. Seems that Oak has a tight schedule to keep... But i have a feeling there'll be plenty of time for friendly challenges later...

EDIT: Never mind, It seems Oak is fired up and ready to serve out some cans of whoop ass for his lecture being interrupted...

here's what you two might be dealing with... Sorry.

Samuel Oak

Known Partners:

Clemont (Alakazam) Lv.70 M probably knows several very devastating moves like Psychic, Nasty plot, Shadow ball, and Focus blast, just a name a few...

Literacy (Noctowl) Lv.60 M probably knows several very devastating moves like Sky Attack, Extrasensory, Uproar, and Hypnosis, just to name a few...