• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hydreigon already outspeeds every important Fairy-type. Run Modest, as with a Power Herb equipped you can bluff a scarf set and nuke things with two Draco Meteors.

Ditto breed 'em. I don't mean that whole meaningless "you need a Ditto safari to breed IVs" thing that some people think. Just a plain Ditto. Give the Ditto the Destiny Knot, the Deino(s) the Everstone and breed until you get a female that has the IVs passed.

Also, if you do decide to allow us to switch, is it still no Gen 6?

(Dibs on Noibat if it's allowed... >.>)

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my current Pokes. I would take Aggron, but I already have one in Aftermath.

Question: If you are going with the "radiation mutated living organisms" theory, are pokémon based on inanimate objects off the table? Things like ice cream cones, and gears and... trash. And what about Geodude/Roggenrola? Because a Rhyhorn can be seen as a rhino with mineral skin, but a Geodude is just a rock.

Personally I like the “no pokémon objects” approach, they don’t really work in a real world based RPG, imo.

Destiny Knotting something with 3 IVs and a Ditto would be counterproductive; it would be guaranteed at least two non-perfect IVs.

Update: Got a Deino with HP, Def, and 0 Atk. I have another of the opposite gender with Sp.A, Sp.D, and Speed. Breeding the two now, wish me luck.

well obviously if the ditto has 6 IVs then yeah that would work better

problem: all 6 IV dittos on the GTS are asking for absolutely ludicrous things ("shiny darkrai pls"), though you can't blame them

also, swapping out dratini for deino

Destiny Knotting something with 3 IVs and a Ditto would be counterproductive; it would be guaranteed at least two non-perfect IVs.

Update: Got a Deino with HP, Def, and 0 Atk. I have another of the opposite gender with Sp.A, Sp.D, and Speed. Breeding the two now, wish me luck.

Alright you lost me here. I thought the two males had the IV combo you needed for the female. If so, then you could breed with Ditto, get a female with those Ivs, then breed with a male that had the missing Ivs to get a 5 IV Deino. But I must've got something mixed up here... ._.

well obviously if the ditto has 6 IVs then yeah that would work better

problem: all 6 IV dittos on the GTS are asking for absolutely ludicrous things ("shiny darkrai pls"), though you can't blame them

also, swapping out dratini for deino

>mfw friend gave me his 6 IV ditto so he could start a new game

No one said their opinion on encountering Zapdos.

Unrelated, but I recently caught Articuno in X. Is so pretty <3

WE'RE LOSING TRACK OF EVERYTHING!!!

Ok, but on topic, I personally would not mind if Nathan had encountered Zapdos. However, I can see why some people might.

But srsly, Ash saw Ho-oh in episode 1...

Edited by Flux

I think in order for me to decide if it's ok for Nathan to encounter a Zapdos, we're going to have to figure out how we're treating legends in this RP. I mean if they're manufactured weapons only used by our unnamed enemy then probably not unless they were involved with Nathan's previous campaign, but if they're just incredibly rare and powerful mutations then I have no problem with it. Basically I have absolutely no problem with it as long as it makes sense to the RP.

I don't have any problems with it. SInce Nathan is a pilot it makes more sense if he saw one while he was on a mission.. It would be different for another character who was just doing his daily life and saw one...

Oh and if we can change starters: swapping Zubat with Chimchar

That might change. And people just started giving their preferences I guess... I mainly changed because I'm the only one without a 'unique' Pokémon.

And since Legendaries Tamer introduced Turtwig and Gligar, it makes sense to pick from other regions.

Glad I decided to wait on jumping into here, you guys seemed confused still, I am not really going to offer up too many suggestions as this isn't an rp I am involved in so I wish you guys luck in figuring it out. I really think you should try and figure this stuff out though, it is kinda important that the rpers and the host now the what's what of the world. Like you guys really should know how the Legendaries work and that kind of stuff imo. (Also I think some object Pokemon are fine. Like Rotom isn't really an Object but a creature that inhabits them. I think Magneton and Magnemite would work, since they could be Machines developed as weapons or something. Other ones I am not sure about, like with the example before Geodude wouldn't make sense, yet Golem could because he would still be a Turtle, but how the heck would his other forms make any sense?)

I assumed we could only pick from gen 1 because we had to discover / ran into other pokemon on missions.

Maybe there should be a list of pokemon we can choose from other regions? If it stays just gen 1 the entire evolution line should be available or at least the pre-evolution even if they were introduced in other gens. Since Magby and Elekid now evolve at lvl 30 they can perfectly be a starter, while it still may be uncertain if Magmar and Electivire evolve.

But I also think it would be too much to just let us choose whatever we want. As how I see the story, not yet every pokemon is discovered. The military is still researching them, so there should be restrictions.
For example: Pick 2 starters up until gen 3 (+ evo line) with following restrictions: no pseudo-legendaries, no fairies / dragons (not yet discovered), ...

As for Geodude and other pokemon like him: just treat them as a mystery for now or say they were animals who, when hit with the virus, transformed with part of their habitat or something. Might help for pokemon like Trevenant and Sudowoodo as well.

Legendaries: They shouldn't be used very often. Only for a dangerous mission / enemy.

Anyway that's my suggestion as how I see the rp.