Possible e8 members (Spoilers)

Rozetheeuwu

(My apologies if a thread like this already exist)

In v13 (chapter 15) we get to know more members of the e8 and even get to know who the champion is.

So now we have

Spoiler

Celine (Champion, although her daughter is taking her place since she is encased in ice)

Tesla (e8, specializes in fire types. If I'm correct she's the first character we learn is from the e8)

Karen (e8, specializes in rock types, I think? I mean all of her team had hard stones and she has a Diance, but that means she could also specialize in fairy... But rock is more likely. We learn this in the hidden library quests, if you don't do those quests you learn it in chap 15 instead)

Jolene (e8, specializes in electric types, I believe she mentions this when she gives you the empoleon crest, but could be wrong. Just like Karen if you haven't done the quest she's in (it's near evergreen, you need dive) then you learn it in chap 15)

Dylan (e8, His only known pokemon is gyarados, I think he specializes in water types judging from the little backstory we have from him. He doesn't tell you outright he's a member of the e8, he just says he is a strong trainer. We learn he is part of the e8 in chapter 15. It's kinda hard to see him at first because he is hidden behind a text box but when the box dissapears you can see him clearly for a second.)

Alexandra (e8, acts as champion as her mother is unable to be champion thanks to her current status (as mentioned before, encased in ice) specializes in dragon but it could be psychic. It's a bit hard to know because of the team we're shown in chap 15. I'm assuming she can only really use on type for her team as e8 and I highly doubt the dev team would spoil here entire team like that. I don't actually know if she talks about what type she specializes in, I thought it was dragon because her brother also specializes in dragon because he was forced to so I assumed it was the same for her. We learn she is an e8 member/temporary champ in chap 15)

Now we only need to meet 3 more members. (maybe we've already met some of them)

So I thought it be fun to speculate who they could possibly be. Note, these 'predictions' are probably not true, these are characters I looked at and thought 'haha what if they were part of the e8 what a twist haha' nothing to be taken seriously.

Let's start with one that is most likely to happen though:

Characters that we haven't met just. There is probably at least one member gonna be a character we just straight up don't know. Which is fine, we don't need to know the entire league. (although we almost do know all of them or have at least interacted with them at least once...)

Now these are the ones that are less likely, just random ideas thrown out there, if these seem like I'm reaching, it's because I am:

Cairo:

I dunno I thought it be cool for him to have a slightly bigger role than just the dude in route 4 that gives you items for completing dens. He seems to really care about pokemon and I can see if Celine would see some potential in him. If he were to be a member I guess he would specialize in either ground or steel.

Cella :

Now I don't think this is a possibility because she probably would've told Aelita, who would've told us. Yes Cella has been keeping secrets from Aelita, but those were for her own good you know. (About Vivian and stuff I mean). Besides I don't see her as a type that really battles, but if she is an e8 member, it would be a hella cool twist. I have no idea what she would specialize in. Probably fighting, maybe even flying like Souta.

Rhodea:

We haven't really seen much of her fighting abilities. We know she trainer under Spacea and Tiempa and that she joined us in the battle against bladestar, but left early because of what the puppet master showed her. I think it be cool if we were to finally see her in action as an e8 member. However I don't see a reason why Spacea and Tiempa would want her to join the e8. If she were to be a e8 member she'd probably specialize in ground types (Hippowdon, Gloria more specifically, would be her ace).

Mosely:

This is the least likely option. She has a Pangoro and Staraptor, I don't see the need for a kid like to train/grind these mons up to fully evolved pokemon just for shits or giggles. Maybe she has them to protect herself and maman (and the other kids). I just feel like Celine is the type of person to look at Mosely and think "Oh yeah, this one has potential." She would specialize in either fighting or normal I feel.

I've been looking at the list of both mayor and minor characters. I highly doubt would she would employ someone from Team Xen, however if it would be the case. Nastasia? There is a lot we don't know about her, but I feel like she isn't 100% on team Xen's side. Or at least doesn't care about there motives and is there for an ulterior motive, but I doubt it.

Now for the shitpost options:

Truck guy: We fought our way through 18 gym leaders (more if you count reserve leaders), finally, now you're fighting the e8... One of them is just the dude who helped you travel across the region. He is just there. He then sweep you 1v6.

Piano lady: She has a team of 6 Jigglypuff.

I think Karrina could be one of them because she seems to be powerful. Although this can conflict with the fact that she wants to kill Karen, who would be her mate and it seems unplausible that Celine would hire two enemies like this.

Rorrim B would be funny as well but I don't remember him having a type preference and as we battled him multiple times I don't think either.

I would also have thought about Hazuki Blakeory

Spoiler

but as she recently died, it would be difficult lol

• Like 1

In v12 Jan said we have met 6 out of 8 E8 members. Back then it were Alexandra, Dylan, Karen, Jolene, Tesla, and one unknown variable here. V13 did not introduce a lot of new characters. Cairo would suck in my opinion since he is introduced only as a vendor, doesnt have an interesting role or a correlated sidequest (yet) and honestly i forgot about him fast enough. 

The most likely member we have met already is Augustus. It was said that back in his glory days he was a VERY accomplished trainer. 

And i would assume we still havent met 2 final members of E8. 

• Like 1

Rhodea always seemed like a likely option to me. She has no clear occupation outside of the Storm Chasers from what I know, yet something about her always felt important. She's also been training under Spacea and Tiempa as said, so there's a high chance she's one of the most powerful trainers.

I honestly was 100% expecting Mosely to become the Dark leader before Alice was confirmed. Something about her just feels like a powerful trainer in an unassuming appearance. Similar to Heather from Reborn. I could still see her being an E8 member in the end.

Edited by vepper
  • Like 2

For the love of God, please do not have Mosely as the Elite 8. I already despise that asspull of Heather being an Elite 4, don't make the same mistake Rejuvenation. I'd rather take The Truck Guy or Piano lady as Elite 8 members rather than Mosely.

Wait no, I want them to be Elite 8 members! That would be hilarious. But amazing. And not infuriating. Because unlike Mosely and Heather, they aren't literal brats younger than Red when he start out his journey.

Cairo is also a decent option. I don't think reserve gym leaders can become Elite 8. Because how would they juggle 2 occupations at the same time?

• Like 3

Hmmm I wouldn't put Cairo, not bc his role is small, but bc he's pretty recent (at least I didn't know about him prior to v13, so... Mosely has been in danger before and in need of saving so I find it difficult to think she's a very strong traier, and Cella doesn't look like the fighter type. Autustus looks like an interesting option but again, didn't battle anyone yet when attacked by Team Xen.

My suggestions:

• Crescent/Dahlia: We know she's very strong, is adamantly against team Xen, and seems to be very advanced. We will fight her sooner or later, and an official match for Elite 8 would be a good twist.
  • V: We know little about her and so do the characters ingame. We know she's powerful (at least economically and in GDC's underground) and helps Bladestar, which makes her anti-Xen as well. She could be another known character or not, but she's a celebrity and worthy of a place.
  • Katsu Bellarossa: Nastasia's mom, not very plausible because she's from other time and probably either died in Storm-9 or is involved with Team Xen. But she could be as well.
  • Deagan: He's definetly not a member right now, but he's alive, looked like he had a change of ways since WLL, and is out of work from the moment Alice takes up his role as gym leader. It would be a stretch but very funny if both he and Tesla were in the e8.

• Like 1

I unironically support Truck Driver as an E8 member.

I mean, the dude can drive you across the ocean (anywhere off Gearen), through Wispy Canyon or over the mountains, instantly. In a pickup truck.

My bet? Psychic-type-based Baton Pass Stored Power sweep team.

It'd make sense for a guy who's all about traveling.

Rorim's also not too much of a stretch. Yeah, he's goofy, but he wanders all around Aevium and seems to have a habit of showing up where the player character is. I wonder if he's keeping an eye on the PC on purpose due to being an E8 member and working with Alexandra et al.

If Augustus was E8-material, I feel like he'd have given the Xens attacking the ship a lot harder of a time, and someone at Blacksteeple would at least mention something like, "Damn, that old captain took out ten Deathwings before we brought him down!" or something like that.

It would be interesting for 4 of the Elites to be based around a specific type/field and the other four to be based around specific strategies as seen in Insurgence's four.

Also, is there any credence to the theory that Karrina and Karen are the same person at different points in her timeline due to Spacea/Tiempa being the haggises that they are and messing with her?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 0ris said:

Also, is there any credence to the theory that Karrina and Karen are the same person at different points in her timeline due to Spacea/Tiempa being the haggises that they are and messing with her?

Spoiler

Doesn't make sense. She doesn't seem to have a time diamond, and interacting with Karrina would have caused them to overlap, which never happened at both the Unown Library and Castle Zygara

2 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Okay, now actual real E8:

1) Alexandra, since well, what can you do. 
2) Goomink. He became a true hero and was chosen for his battle prowess.
3) Sakitron. Erick and Saki tuned her so hard she became stronger than both of them combined and was picked as an E8 member by Alexandra. 
4) Ren and Reina's mom. Like, did you even, like, had any doubts? Umm...
5) Jenkel. Ehehehehe... 
6) Piano lady. Because that was obvious for a long time, duh. 
7) Truck driver. They always hide some dark secret within. Taxi drivers too. 
8) Rorim B. Because hell yeah, baby, let's get groovy here. 

If it's anything less, i will be sorely dissapointed. 

and SEC for league champ?

• Like 7

On 8/23/2021 at 1:36 AM, kithas said:

Hmmm I wouldn't put Cairo, not bc his role is small, but bc he's pretty recent (at least I didn't know about him prior to v13, so... Mosely has been in danger before and in need of saving so I find it difficult to think she's a very strong traier, and Cella doesn't look like the fighter type. Autustus looks like an interesting option but again, didn't battle anyone yet when attacked by Team Xen.

My suggestions:

• Crescent/Dahlia: We know she's very strong, is adamantly against team Xen, and seems to be very advanced. We will fight her sooner or later, and an official match for Elite 8 would be a good twist.
  • V: We know little about her and so do the characters ingame. We know she's powerful (at least economically and in GDC's underground) and helps Bladestar, which makes her anti-Xen as well. She could be another known character or not, but she's a celebrity and worthy of a place.
  • Katsu Bellarossa: Nastasia's mom, not very plausible because she's from other time and probably either died in Storm-9 or is involved with Team Xen. But she could be as well.
  • Deagan: He's definetly not a member right now, but he's alive, looked like he had a change of ways since WLL, and is out of work from the moment Alice takes up his role as gym leader. It would be a stretch but very funny if both he and Tesla were in the e8.

Crescent definitely SEEMS plausible at first sight but then again Celine would never have picked someone as vengeful as her even if she found her to be quite an asset to the league, but if we are talking about her strength as a trainer all bets are off. it would make a good plot twist though and when it comes to rejuvenation and plot twists both go hand in hand. 

Katsu: we don't know much about her and her backstory so yeah until we get more info on her we can't say for sure, though i do see Celine recruiting her and being able to sympathize with her as a mother and because she is Nastasia's mother she's bound to be quite strong physically and mentally.

v: wouldn't Dylan recognize her as a fellow elite 8 member?

16 minutes ago, CandyRock said:

Crescent definitely SEEMS plausible at first sight but then again Celine would never have picked someone as vengeful as her even if she found her to be quite an asset to the league, but if we are talking about her strength as a trainer all bets are off. it would make a good plot twist though and when it comes to rejuvenation and plot twists both go hand in hand. 

Katsu: we don't know much about her and her backstory so yeah until we get more info on her we can't say for sure, though i do see Celine recruiting her and being able to sympathize with her as a mother and because she is Nastasia's mother she's bound to be quite strong physically and mentally.

v: wouldn't Dylan recognize her as a fellow elite 8 member?

Did anyone say something about e8 having to be, not just "not vengeful" but straight mentally sound? If Karen can be e8, then Crescent for sure can. It's even possible she was chosen in the past and just got angrier.

for the V thing, we don't know V's face I think, neither does Dylan. And even if he did, it's not guaranteed they know each other: Venam didn't know half the gym leaders (didn't even know where Amber was, and her gym was in a vacational resort lol) so it could be that they just didn't talk about it (?)

3 minutes ago, kithas said:

Did anyone say something about e8 having to be, not just "not vengeful" but straight mentally sound? If Karen can be e8, then Crescent for sure can.

Karen was cool as a cucumber and a fine young lady back when she was recruited into Elite 8 by Celine. It was later on when she attempted Garufan rituals and went bonkers. Also it is highly unlikely Celine would pick an unstable or evil person intentionally from what we heard about her. 

5 minutes ago, kithas said:

for the V thing, we don't know V's face I think, neither does Dylan.

Weeeeee kinda received video message from her, together with Dylan and Ana during their quest. Both MC and Dylan are aware of how she looks. 

Before the release of v13, people were speculating that Hazuki, Rune, or Risa are members of the elite 8. I guess these people are no longer possible

I’m not sure about Rhodea. Didnt we already battled her when she disguised herself as the masked man?

I think Crescent is part of the elite 8.

i’m guessing V is also a member but we dont really know much about her

Edited by TheRipper41

Just now, dragonsbeat said:

if i remember correctly didn't cairo react when he met nim, I think he has a bigger role than we think

He probably reacted because he can feel evil or something like that and Nim is the embodiement of a natural disaster. Thats how I interpreted it

One interesting thing about Karrina being a E8 member is that she is way too weak. You fight her twice and both times she is kind of a pushover. I doubt she would be an elite 8. 

That being said, if she was that means

Spoiler

that an Evil MC can get two of the 8 killed (since Karen can be killed by Karrina, and then afterwards, you can LITERALLY murder Karrina.) 

Crescent seems like a likely option to me, we have not seen her in battle ever thought, so she could be weaker than we think... but I kind of doubt that lol

Deagen also seems possible, but we really don't know much about him yet. 

This one's a long shot, as I feel more that we're going to have one more battle with her to finish the sidequest line somewhere as our final battle with her for her star shard maybe in V14-15 (I doubt 13.5 for some reason), I'm gonna take a guess - but is it possible Novae would have gotten strong enough to be an Elite 8 member by the time you actually reach that point yourself? By the least she'd be strong enough to get all the badges or close to it.

More of a crackpot guess and one that makes no sense if you didn't do her questline, but it may be possible the E8 is somewhat variable due to the fact Karen can die, so maybe she'd pull that off if you help her get far enough. It'd be kind of cool to see you helped her get this far, but I still feel the chances are pretty low.

1 minute ago, vepper said:

This one's a long shot, as I feel more that we're going to have one more battle with her to finish the sidequest line somewhere as our final battle with her for her star shard maybe in V14-15 (I doubt 13.5 for some reason), I'm gonna take a guess - but is it possible Novae would have gotten strong enough to be an Elite 8 member by the time you actually reach that point yourself? By the least she'd be strong enough to get all the badges or close to it.

More of a crackpot guess and one that makes no sense if you didn't do her questline, but it may be possible the E8 is somewhat variable due to the fact Karen can die, so maybe she'd pull that off if you help her get far enough. It'd be kind of cool to see you helped her get this far, but I still feel the chances are pretty low.

Oof, yeah, I knew I was forgetting somethig. I don't know if we battled all her sisters yet, but maybe Novae will be an elite 8. Or the complete Star will summon her mother, who is (?)

9 hours ago, vepper said:

Novae

I highly doubt that. She only recently arrived in the region, was a weak battler before meeting us, and at the moment league is in disarray and if she would be E8 member, it would be some kind of last minute addition. She simply did not have a chance, and probably wont have, to become one. 

Edit: I was skimming through game files, trying to find a clue, and i discovered that our Truck Driver is called... Truck Daddy. That makes me highly uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:19 AM, kithas said:

Did anyone say something about e8 having to be, not just "not vengeful" but straight mentally sound? If Karen can be e8, then Crescent for sure can. It's even possible she was chosen in the past and just got angrier.

for the V thing, we don't know V's face I think, neither does Dylan. And even if he did, it's not guaranteed they know each other: Venam didn't know half the gym leaders (didn't even know where Amber was, and her gym was in a vacational resort lol) so it could be that they just didn't talk about it (?)

karen was mentally stable and quite a good battler she was definitely NOT the mentally unstable Karen we know today, and crescent is just straight up evil and i HIGHLY doubt that someone who not only is the descendant of Nymeria but also has a fine sense of justice and foresight as Celine would pick an attempted murderer. (Karen is different as not even celine would've predicted her lust for revenge and her mental state...) so what i am trying to say here is that karen was nice and crescent was not even when Celine was alive  

and we kinda got a face reveal from that tape that Dylan through out in the blackeory antheum.

as for the venam part, some of the leaders were recruited by alexandra (and jan) and some were recruited by celine so its possible that the both groups were not familiar with each other (like lavendar who was approved by celine was not familiar with venam who was approved by alexandra, indirectly). but ALL of the elite 8 were picked out by celine so its possible that they at least saw each others faces. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, Cyphre said:

I was skimming through game files, trying to find a clue, and i discovered that our Truck Driver is called... Truck Daddy. That makes me highly uncomfortable.

jan is trolling us now

What about Blakeory Jr ?

He had some screen time and development in v13. Of course, that's because his whole family was involved, but still, maybe we'll see more of him in the future. He seems like a pretty strong trainer, and someone respectable, so why not.

• Like 1