If you had just a single Pokemon...

Conkeldurp

Hey durps,

I was thinking about Reborn recently and which Pokemon I deemed to be the most invaluable.

I'm awfully curious, if you had but a single Pokemon to accompany you one a playthrough of Reborn (yes, I know that is virtually impossible, but let's pretend it would be)

..which one would it be for you?? 

If we keep legendaries out of the equation, I myself would go with...

Porygon-Z!

Reason being it learning Agility and Nasty Plot. If you manage to set up two rounds, I guess you might be able to one shoot almost everything.

What are your high runners? :)

If I had to choose from the available Pokemon, I would probably choose Ferrothorn. By changing its EV spread, nature and moves, it can be both a very good defensive and a very good offensive Pokemon. Also, it can learn Nature Power, which is amazing in Reborn. Also, it could fight the fast Pokemon with gyro ball. 

If I could choose any Pokemon, I would choose Victini, because the trainer with Victini always wins, right? Or not...

I would probably pick Rotom. Its forms allow you a lot of flexibility, and WRotom saved me countless

times. You can also invest both into bulk, and attack with him. My favourite set it WRotom with Will O Wisp to cripple all those Garchomps, Gyardoses, and whatever else the game throws at you.

23 minutes ago, Kenneth said:

Ludicolo... Damned thing is OP (plus made short work of Amaria + Hardy with minimal support).

Somehow, I do not know how to use Ludicolo. Everyone says it is a great pokemon so I tried it in both Reborn and Desolation and, for some reason, it was completely useless. I must be doing something wrong. 🤔

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Reispher said:

Somehow, I do not know how to use Ludicolo. Everyone says it is a great pokemon so I tried it in both Reborn and Desolation and, for some reason, it was completely useless. I must be doing something wrong. 🤔

Life orb Ludicolo, Special Attacker... The smogon set speaks volumes! Great in battles against Human opponents, as well!!! Just cast a glimpse over at smogon! Of course, don't forget the right stats and the good ability, to make it work well/as intended!

The only way to beat this game with only one Pokemon is by blackmailing Ame by saying you either become champ right away or you hide a Budew under her Pillow.

So, that is my Pokemon: Budew

Edited by Baumina
  • Upvote 2

thats a tough one, i'm torn between Mamoswine, Lucario and Infernape

all 3 have good-great speed, phenomenal attack power and good offensive typing, there would be some hurdles like Amaria for infernape and mamoswine, Kiki and Charlotte for lucario. But otherwise with their incredible power, speed and movesets i think they could do fine.

if solo runs were even possible. how do you beat Charlotte without letting her set the superheated field ffs?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 4:14 AM, Reispher said:

Well, that might work but what about Team Meteor?

He means the real life Ame. Just make her change the programming to let you win.

My choice is Glaceon.

It would be impossible to succeed anyway. So I might as well get the best Pokemon out of the deal. I think we'll just hang out in the grand hall until everyone else sorts things out. Or we all die. One or the other.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That will be Blaziken, with the power of friendship and love he evolved (or she, don't matter) to Combusken in the first gym after an arduous and hard training kicking ratatas (yaaaaaaas) then and then....! 

Lo and behold in the 3rd gym it evolved between the second battle demolishing and astonishing every pokemon with the tremendous fighting prowess 

Surprised I was when he learned for some miraculous way... V Fire, destroying the pokemons of the bad guys (of Team Meteor and that dumbass of rival that I have, four eyes of course, the other two are my precious babies and I hug them every night).... Forget about the last part...

IT ISN'T TRUE!!!!!

Anyways, almost immediately I learned what special pokemon I have, I tried to teach it human speach with some help of my Gardevoir that knows it a little (yep, my Gardie is special too and I love her but that's an history for some other time) and in a question of days it manage to communicate with people, some want it to trade or steal it but of course it know it too well how to defend itself so everybody just got  screwed trying something funny with it's blazing kicks of purgatory.

Eventually we beat all gyms with sheer power, I got all the poke waifus and my partner is the best pokemon ever for all eternity.

THE END

images.jpeg

Edited by PKMTZero

Mine is Cinderace. He’s one of the best offensive Pokemon. With hidden ability Libero, Cinderace can strike back in its full potential. And most of those moves look threatening. Too bad, it won’t be in Pokemon Reborn.

Absolutely 100% Pachirisu. Probably one of the most reliable Pokémon I've used in difficult Pokémon games like this one and rejuvenation. It just gets so much done! Pickup, is tanky so it can use Charm and Nuzzle to weaken tough Pokémon on your opponents' team and then you can either let it faint or switch into another Pokémon to get some setup before something else comes in. It's just way too good. There's a reason why it was on one of the Worlds' champions team. I'm surprised these games left it as an early game Pokémon with how amazing it is. I haven't played much of Unbound so I don't know how far it is in the game.