Jump to content
William Rockwell

The absolute difficulty of this game.

Recommended Posts

I often find myself restarting every major fight anywhere from 5, to upwards of 20 times. The worst offender being the fight with Sirius in the Belrose Mansion. That fight took me three straight days of grinding.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the difficulty. The thing I hate the most about the main Pokemon games is their lack of difficulty until you hit the postgame. This game rides you hard the whole way through, and I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember beating that Sirius fight with revives, x items, and lots of save scumming (not that I didn’t struggle with many other fights as well!). This is one reason why 

Spoiler

I now choose to not fight the Doctor at Yureyu. 


I don’t know where you are now, but if that fight is the one you remember, I think you still have lots of difficult battles ahead. Enjoy! 

Edited by Mindlack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggled with him as well but guess what?

The devil's luck made me win my tenth battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggled with him too, but the most difficult for me was Titania. I won by pure luck, with my last pokemon (a just captured excadrill) with 2 hp and a critical hit. There I met happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mindlack said:

I remember beating that Sirius fight with revives, x items, and lots of save scumming (not that I didn’t struggle with many other fights as well!). This is one reason why 

  Reveal hidden contents

I now choose to not fight the Doctor at Yureyu. 


I don’t know where you are now, but if that fight is the one you remember, I think you still have lots of difficult battles ahead. Enjoy! 

Lol, I'm way farther in the game at this point. I'm grinding right now getting ready to fight Ciel. 

Because you get so little money in this game, especially early on, I've developed this mentality of "don't buy anything you don't ABSOLUTELY need to have," so most of the time I have no revives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, William Rockwell said:

Lol, I'm way farther in the game at this point. I'm grinding right now getting ready to fight Ciel. 

Because you get so little money in this game, especially early on, I've developed this mentality of "don't buy anything you don't ABSOLUTELY need to have," so most of the time I have no revives. 

You can get money at the available repeatable battles, like the specific clown in Agate Circus that gives u shards and money when u beat him, and the battlers always available in the Grand Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, William Rockwell said:

Lol, I'm way farther in the game at this point. I'm grinding right now getting ready to fight Ciel. 

Because you get so little money in this game, especially early on, I've developed this mentality of "don't buy anything you don't ABSOLUTELY need to have," so most of the time I have no revives. 

Oh you've got some real tough battles coming in the future. Good luck, you're gonna need it 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I advice start EV training your mons as that should help. Also you can farm money easily at agate via the clown battles.  Also soft reset to get decent IV if you feel like it but you do not need decent IV to beat the game only decent EV and prolly good natures which are achievable. Anyways here is a list of mons you can beat to gain certain EVs around agate:

 

Atk-Hawlucha(Route 2), Ursaring(Route 2), Machoke(Route 2)

SpAtk- Golduck( Celestine mountain Surfing around F1-4, B1-12), Magneton(Route 3 the RSEA caves), 

HP- wailmer surfing around citrine/celestine/Ametrine mountain

Speed- Starly/Staravia(Route 3), Lumineon(surf around Ametrine mountain), Floatzle( Celestine mountain  F1-4, B1-9)

 

Also catch a few pick up ability pokemon(ambipom at ametrine city) they help you get some income and items while EV training. I know EV-training is boring but it helps a lot. with power items it is very fast and takes little to no effort to train.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luna said:

I advice start EV training your mons as that should help. Also you can farm money easily at agate via the clown battles.  Also soft reset to get decent IV if you feel like it but you do not need decent IV to beat the game only decent EV and prolly good natures which are achievable. Anyways here is a list of mons you can beat to gain certain EVs around agate:

 

Atk-Hawlucha(Route 2), Ursaring(Route 2), Machoke(Route 2)

SpAtk- Golduck( Celestine mountain Surfing around F1-4, B1-12), Magneton(Route 3 the RSEA caves), 

HP- wailmer surfing around citrine/celestine/Ametrine mountain

Speed- Starly/Staravia(Route 3), Lumineon(surf around Ametrine mountain), Floatzle( Celestine mountain  F1-4, B1-9)

 

Also catch a few pick up ability pokemon(ambipom at ametrine city) they help you get some income and items while EV training. I know EV-training is boring but it helps a lot. with power items it is very fast and takes little to no effort to train.

 

Yeah, I JUST started doing that lol. I've been getting by barely with a handful of mons that I like, with absolutely disgusting EV spreads. I'm going to have to find some berries though, because I refuse to get rid of my bros.

The only mon I've actually EV trained is my Sneasel, because I love Sneasel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, William Rockwell said:

Yeah, I JUST started doing that lol. I've been getting by barely with a handful of mons that I like, with absolutely disgusting EV spreads. I'm going to have to find some berries though, because I refuse to get rid of my bros.

The only mon I've actually EV trained is my Sneasel, because I love Sneasel. 

The sad part here is once you step into agate you cannot get any EV reducing berries. well there is a way to return to reborn city with strength glitch Maybe. Yeah i would not put away any of my original team cause they carried ya all the way even if they have disgusting EV spread. Once you get back to reborn city try fixing your EV with them berries because there are way tougher battles coming. Anyways good luck with your run and i hope you enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't beat most of the boss battles in this game in less than 5 tries either. 
The Belrose Sirius battle was among the toughest for me as well along with Shelly and the Glass Workshop Gauntlet just to name a few others. 

 

On 9/10/2020 at 2:29 AM, DelRad said:

I struggled with him as well but guess what?

The devil's luck made me win my tenth battle.

I had nothing to do with your luck. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I didn't beat most of the boss battles in this game in less than 5 tries either. 
The Belrose Sirius battle was among the toughest for me as well along with Shelly and the Glass Workshop Gauntlet just to name a few others. 

 

I had nothing to do with your luck. 😉

I won mostly because of my Walrein's Blizzard not missing and OHKOing Solaris' Garchomp. 

iirc the first two parts of the double battle were easy. I only struggled against Solaris actually.

Edited by DelRad
Had more stuff to talk about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who successfully did a monotype run. I can tell you some fights that are normally hard became much easier with the right strategy.

 

the main thing about reborn is you have to adjust your team and strategy to each leader, not just factoring in type but also field, which mons they use specifically and how you can counter them. I was only able to beat Titania with a Shell Armor Lapras otherwise Scizor just destroyed me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DelRad said:

I won mostly because of my Walrein's Blizzard not missing and OHKOing Solaris' Garchomp. 

iirc the first two parts of the double battle were easy. I only struggled against Solaris actually.

Soloaris (Agate) was one of the toughest ones for me as well. 
I also ended Garchomp with a Blizzard from my Alolan Ninetails with a bit of help from an Outrage from Flygon.
Alolan Ninetails and Flygon were my MVPs for that entire battle. 

The optional Garchomp battle I was not prepared for, it's my biggest regret in the game so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...