Introducing the Shiny Project!

• Global Mods

Oh boy, this time again? Lets see what we can do (probably not a lot unfortunately, busy times and whatnot) 

This certainly seems like a bit more of a chaotic project than the old Rejuvenation one, but I guess that just makes things more interesting!

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Update!

Firstly we have had about 80+ responses already and over 200+ Shinies submitted in the past 2 days which is incredible, thanks to everyone who has taken time to create and submit Shinies! even if yours didn't get in, we respect the time it took into producing these Shinies and appreciate it!

Secondly, we had a few legends submitted and (i'll update this in the main post) if two Legendaries for example Solgaleo and Lunala are meant to be "grouped together" (Shiny Wise mainly), for continuity it would be great if the person who makes one of these Shinies could make the other pair! 

Thirdly the document has been updated! we will not be disclosing whose Shinies got in, you will have to find out when we decide to drop the Shiny Update :] this will be either a sprite pack or a part of Episode 6 

Also I'll make this clear as well, if you see a Shiny which has been accepted and still want to make a Shiny for it, feel free! we can re-evaluate and decide which one we want in the game, however please note we will be prioritising the Shinies which haven't received any sprites yet!

ONE MORE NOTE! If you wanna make a Vivillion Form for the game, go for it! Just make sure you make a normal Form and a Shiny version for the Form!!

Once again, thank you all for the support! keep them Shinies coming

• Like 2

@Posty This might seem like an obvious answer to this question but I'm just gonna ask to be sure. Pokemon that evolve into Regional Forms (Cubone - Alolan Marowak/Mime Jr. - Galarian Mr. Mime), would you need to do the sprites for both the Regional Form and normal form?

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

@Posty This might seem like an obvious answer to this question but I'm just gonna ask to be sure. Pokemon that evolve into Regional Forms (Cubone - Alolan Marowak/Mime Jr. - Galarian Mr. Mime), would you need to do the sprites for both the Regional Form and normal form?

In this case it would depend, like for example someone could just make an Alolan Marowak because it uses different colours etc from normal Cubone, whereas if you were to do Alolan Exeggutor, it would be best to do the shiny sprite for Exeggcute as well

• Thanks 1

• Developers

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop in and say cheers for all the great work that has gone into the shinies so far! The quality is so high, and I'm really excited to have them included in Episode 6! Thanks again o7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Global Mods

Update!

Hiya everyone! hope you're all well, so since the last update we have had.. another 100+ responses and now over 450+ different Shinies submitted to the project! so.. holy shit this has kicked off and once again thank you all for contributing so far!

So lets get down to a few changes..

1) So I've had a discussion with a few people talking about the lack of interactivity with this project, which I understand but in our perspective considering we are busy with everyday life (mainly Caz with the hospital) and working on Desolation, actively dming people about their Shinies is somethhing that's very time consuming. Therefore as a compromise, if you would like feedback on the Shinies you have submitted and whether or not they have been accepted, feel free to throw me a message either here on the forums or on Discord! I hang around in the Reborn Discord but if you need to add me its Posty#0325. I'm more than happy to discuss what we thought about your Shiny submission and maybe something good can come out of it! Please note with a bunch of Shinies being submitted, I may have forgotten which Shinies are yours and cycling through 180+ responses is a nightmare lol, so if you do dm me for feedback, please let me know which Shinies are yours and we can discuss!

**NOTE** PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION PUBLICLY WHETHER OR NOT YOUR SHINIES GOT ACCEPTED, BETWEEN FRIENDS IS OKAY BUT OTHERWISE WE WANNA MAKE IT A SURPRISE FOR WHEN WE DROP THE PACK!

2) Just to rephrase from what I previously said, incase people aren't aware, we may make slight edits to your Shiny if we like it but one small detail is putting us off, for example changing the eye colour or the face colour, etc, you will still be fully credited! if you want to know why we changed something, feel free to dm me.

3) Document has been updated, there are still a few Shinies we are unsure of which may™️ get added later on. Speaking about this could the follow people dm me either here or on Discord as I wanna discuss a little bit about their Shiny Submission:

StarryKnight

Krantz

Low Effort

Hellscythe

Ezlo Farcarver

erikabyte

chxxo

Syco

Riddle

I would ping you all however I don't know the majority of your profiles, I'm just going off your credit name from the project, please dm me asap

Thats about it for now! The next update will be on Wednesday around 12pm BST! We are loving all the work that is coming in so keep it coming!

It has been an eternity since I've tried anything like this, but, what the heck, why not? One question did occur to me however: eevee. Would the same person be expected to make all the eeveelutions? and with eevee itself, will you be including the gender difference that has been added to eevee?

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

It has been an eternity since I've tried anything like this, but, what the heck, why not? One question did occur to me however: eevee. Would the same person be expected to make all the eeveelutions? and with eevee itself, will you be including the gender difference that has been added to eevee?

Eevee doesn't have a gender dif.. oh wait it does. To answer this we haven't got the gender difference sprite in the folder since its apart of the Generation 4 sprites however, if someone was to make one then with a Shiny version, we'll for sure accept that! Also in regard to the Eeveelutions.. nah, you could make a Leafeon or Flareon and submit and that'll be fine, the Eeveelutions are different colours anyways so you don't need to make a Shiny for all of them.. unless you want to then feel free

• Global Mods

Update!

Nothing major! Document has been updated (might have missed a few idk) and we have had over 600+ Shinies submitted, 240+ Responses, the support on this project is incredible and we are slowly but surely filling up the dex! cheers for all the work guys and keep them coming!

• Like 4

• Global Mods

Update

we are nearly at 300 responses what the fuck

Should have updated it yesterday lol but yeah Document has been updated! any responses submitted in the past 24hrs haven't been gone through yet! also if you haven't dm'd me yet aka Syco and Riddle please do so! 

Also could Slowpoke, Felcatty and Hellscythe dm me as well please! wanna ask about Shiny or two x

I've been sending shinies for a week but I see some of the first I sent are still not marked as completed. Is it because you didn't like them or because you didn't receive them ? I fear filling out the form again to sent new shinies erased my previous posts

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Imperial said:

I've been sending shinies for a week but I see some of the first I sent are still not marked as completed. Is it because you didn't like them or because you didn't receive them ? I fear filling out the form again to sent new shinies erased my previous posts

Yo throw me a dm and we can discuss em! lemme know in the dm which shinies were yours also.

Hey, I posted some shinies~ Hopefully some of them are your liking. I can't wait to actually use Paint Jar for my Monos~

Edit: Submitted more sprites~ Now I'm curious what the approved sprites look like. Just hoping here we can see the results before Ep.6 release ^^;

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Somewhat of a bigger Update

We have now had over 360+ Responses which is crazy considering the project has been going on for about 2 weeks... I didn't think it'll get this much attention lol, once again thank you all! The document has been updated as of this post but note! submissions over the past 48hrs have not been gone through yet, since the squad haven't been around to go through them (also Ruby and I have started playing FFXIV so yeah whoops), now for some bigger updates

1) Please do not re-colour Reborn/Rejuvenation Shiny Designs and submit them as a Shiny for Desolation. I have noticed a good bunch of Shinies submitted which are just re-colours from Reborn/Rejuvenation which is just uncreative and straight up copying, we absolutely love the custom patterns/designs people have made for the Shinies submitted however if you just re-colour a design, it'll be rejected immediately, you don't even need to steal a design! some Shinies just work with a different palette!

2) Please for my own sake, name your files appropriately. I should have made this clear in the main post (will be updated after this) but please when you submit a Shiny, label it properly. What I mean by this is that, when the game checks for a Shiny Sprite, it looks for the Pokemon Number with the letter "s" at the end, for example Charmander's Shiny is labelled "004s" and "004sb", if theres a female version for example with Venusaur, then it should be labelled "003fs" and "003fsb". This ain't a major problem if you haven't been doing this, but it just saves me so much time, I'm going to have to personally edit all the names anyways (due to the google form) but it saves me time having to look up a dex number and renaming like for example "Squirtle_on_crack".

3) UPLOAD YOUR SHINIES AS SEPARATE PNGS!!! please.. don't upload all your Shinies as one PNG, the only exception is Unown, you can upload that as one PNG then if we like it we'll be in contact (we already accepted one anyways but yeah just saying), if you submit your line on a single PNG, its being rejected, you can submit multiple google forms!

4) Finally could the following people throw me a dm when you get the chance! (once again using names from the forms and not pinging so I hope you see this LOL)

uijeghbu

Shinxz

Edo

yume

Norrim

rerorero59

Once again cheers guys! document will next be updated on Wednesday! we are nearly halfway there for completing the Shiny Dex :']

Hey, Posty. Thanks for the update~ I still don't understand your point about your first point. Isn't shiny is supposed to be recolour? Either recolour of official, Reborn/Rejuv - that's the definition of shiny - at least in my understanding. Does this mean that all shinies for Desolation MUST have custom pattern and not just merely a recolour? It'd be great if example is provided.(Actually, it'd be even greater to be able to see what the 'approved' sprites looks like, like back in Rejuvenation sprite project was)

26 minutes ago, Phi-Bi said:

Hey, Posty. Thanks for the update~ I still don't understand your point about your first point. Isn't shiny is supposed to be recolour? Either recolour of official, Reborn/Rejuv - that's the definition of shiny - at least in my understanding. Does this mean that all shinies for Desolation MUST have custom pattern and not just merely a recolour? It'd be great if example is provided.(Actually, it'd be even greater to be able to see what the 'approved' sprites looks like, like back in Rejuvenation sprite project was)

He's basically saying that some people are using the shiny designs of Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation. So basically, take Slurpuff for example. It has an orange slice instead of that berry thing on its head. They don't want you to use that specific sprite for a shiny because it's basically still a shiny of Reborn, just recolored. So it'd be much more appreciated if you just used the regular colored Pokemon to edit to turn into shinies or you can add your own spin on it. I hope that made sense. Lol. 😬

That made sense for Slurpuff but even for Reborn/Rejuv, most have the sprites to be only recoloured so I'm still confused lol. Thanks for the explanation though~ (Again, I feel showing what completed sprites looks like will give a better context)