Introducing the Shiny Project!

2 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

That made sense for Slurpuff but even for Reborn/Rejuv, most have the sprites to be only recoloured so I'm still confused lol. Thanks for the explanation though~ (Again, I feel showing what completed sprites looks like will give a better context)

It only applies to shinies from those two games that have different designs in them than the normal sprites. But the safest thing is to just take the normal sprites from Desolation's graphics folder and use them as your base to design your shiny sprites and yes just simple recolors are okay or if you want you can put your own spin on it

• Like 2

• Global Mods

Okay let me explain in more depth about what I mean, take this Murkrow for example from Reborn, and compare it to the normal Shiny for Murkrow from the main series games, 

198fs.png.23a629aa08b8ac0e4ed486c84eb9bfc3.pngSpr_4h_198_m_s.png.c9f052093c551468806f63c33cc9792a.png(omg its smol)

As you can see, compared to what the basic shiny is, the Reborn Shiny has a unique design, with the ring of the hat having a different colour, and theres an extra bit added on. If you were to re-colour this "custom design" for Murkrow, then it will be rejected, this is because you have not put any thought into the design, you just re-coloured an existing one from Reborn. 

If you are going to create a "custom design" for a Shiny, then it has to be your own "custom design", not an existing Shiny design from Reborn/Rejuvenation which you just re-coloured. 

If you just take the basic sprite for Murkrow and then colour it to make a Shiny, thats completely fine! thats essentially what we are after, the point of the post is that, if you want to be "extra" and put more "effort" into the Shiny with a "custom design", you can do, but we will not be accepting anything that is a straight up copy of an existing design in Reborn or Rejuvenation (or any other fangame frankly). 

• Like 1

• Global Mods

omg another late update, posty you should be fired.

Nothing new, doc has been updated! any submissions over the past 12 hrs haven't been counted yet!

Also we have hit the sweet number of 420+ submissions and it still blows my mind how many Shines we have had sent it, once again even if your Shiny wasn't submitted, thank you for contributing! we appreciate you all.

• Like 4

• Global Mods

WELP ANOTHER LATE UPDATE HAHAHAH sue me

Doc has been updated! So I counted it up and we are nearly at the halfway point! aka we nearly have about 50% of the Dex completed for Shinies! Thank you all for the dedication and contribution over the past month! Now lets push it, share this thread around to spriters you may know or friends who wanna take a crack at making a Shiny and lets get this completed! 

Also could the following people dm me, I wanna talk about your submission: 

Hubercioch

ShinyGolem

Pyrromanis

Jman

uijeghbu
(if anyone has a contact with uijeghbu, please let them know I wanna talk to them!)

• Global Mods

Time for an update lmao

Doc has finally been updated! we have now had about 500+ responses submitted to the Shiny Project which is just incredible!

One thing I'm going to change however, I'm going to aim to update the doc now once a week appose to twice a week to allow more submissions in and we can just, go through them in one go, that doesn't mean that I may update it still twice a week, but for now just expect an update once a week every Saturday!

Also could the following people dm me please: 

Felcatty

Dream

Lazarus Ryuto

Krantz

(also the two people from last week)

• Global Mods

Weekly Update thing.. yeah that

Document has been updated! We have now hit the halfway mark! meaning 50% of the project is complete, which is incredible truly, keep submitting Shinies! this project won't be going away any time soon until every single Pokemon has been completed, once again thank you all.

Now minor update on my end, from now on I'm going to stop giving out personal feedback (this also means saying whether or not your shinies have been accepted), unless I either ask you to dm me about a Shiny submission or you see me pop up in a chat and give my thoughts. This is mainly because well, lately I've been pretty busy sorting out a lot of stuff involving Desolation and other irl things and at times I've accidentally ignored dms. So this is to say that you're better off asking other people for advice on your submissions, the Sprite Edits channel in the Reborn server is perfect to ask the community for their thoughts on your submissions! Alternatively ask a friend and see what they say. I've been having people ask me "what should I do to make this better so you accept it" and instead of catering to us, you should be submitting a Shiny that you are happy with and feel like its good enough to be included in Desolation.

I hope you all can appreciate this, I want to keep this project interactive and I will do by reaching out to those who I wanna talk more about their submissions too. Cheers once again guys!

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1

• Global Mods

Its that time of the week again!

Doc has been updated! go have a look and such ya know the drill this point.

Now I want to make a point about some of the submissions we have gotten lately, over the past few weeks we have been receiving a bunch of Shinies which have already been marked as completed on the Shiny Document, this is fine but I wanna put an emphasis on the ones we haven't completed yet. This ain't saying you shouldn't submit Shinies that have already been accepted but I want to make clear that we will be prioritising the ones that haven't been completed, looking through 4 sets of a Shiny which have already been completed is somewhat a waste of time, and we would prefer to see newer Shinies come in!

That said, could the following people yeet me a dm: 

Dragoknight

Lazarus Ryuto

• Global Mods

Weekly Update, Weekly Update

As per usual the document has been updated! we have had over 600+ responses now which is, hot damn, I say that every week I swear. Keep the Shinies going! advertise the project! lets keep this project going! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

This has been a little while whoops

Hiya all! firstly I just want to apologise for the delay with this update! I took a weeks break off Reborn to focus on other stuff hence why I didn't update last week, but now I'm back and revamped so this will be updated weekly again! Got a few little updates for you all today.

Firstly, well the document has been updated! so go check it out!

Secondly which is the main update, I will be changing how we go about accepting Shinies. From this point onwards, the Shiny Project will be completed in Generations. So Posty what do you mean by this? Lemme tell you, from now on, we will be working on the Shiny Project from Generation 1 to Generation 8, so we will only be accepting Shinies from the current Generation we are on. For example, As of right now we have 89/151 Shinies completed for Generation 1, until we have completed this Generation, aka had every single Pokemon receive a Shiny Sprite, THEN we will move onto Generation 2. What this means is that, if you were to submit a Generation 4 Shiny while we are on Generation 1, it will not be accepted! (or well until we get to that Generation). Cheers to Zumi for giving me advice on this, I believe they did something similar for their Shiny Project for Rejuvenation. Hopefully this will speed up the process! I will update the main part so newcomers will understand.

Finally, the Shiny Project has slowed down a bit, which I expected as much due to well, schools starting up again and other stuff. So guys! please post this Project around in servers and maybe forums! (if they don't mind ofc lmao) I would love to see new people take part in creating Shinies! We really wanna get this project completed, we are over halfway now! Cheers for all the support guys, we appreciate all the comments, fanart and everything else! 

Cheers again x

• Like 3

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I have a question. What if the line continues into another Generation? For example, Onix and Steelix. Would you accept Onix and then wait for Gen 1 to be done to then go onto Gen 2 or would you accept both at the same time?

Evolutions are the exception, if you do Onix, for continuity sake still do Steelix and its Mega. They will be accepted at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Little late update lol

Doc has been updated! we are making way through Gen 1! so cheers for everyone who is following the new system, keep it up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Posty you should be fired for this oh my god another late update?..//shot dead

Hi y'all, yeah sorry about the delay with this, past few weeks have been uhh how to describe it.. a series of ups and downs and this has skipped my mind, I'll do better in providing more updates!

Anyways Doc has been updated, we only need 27 more Pokemon to complete Generation 1 and move onto Generation 2! keep it guys!

And once again, since the Project has slowed down a lot, share this project with spriters and in other servers (if this sort of stuff is allowed ofc lmao) and spread the word of the Shiny Project! its been nice to see some new faces pop up over the past few weeks and credit to everyone who has kept making Shinies and submitting, lets get this done everyone! 

Once again cheers for the support!

• Like 1

• Global Mods

what the heck you're updating this at 22:22pm?

yes. yes i am.

Doc has been updated! we need only 16 more Pokemon to completed Generation 1 then we can finally move onto Generation 2! so work together, make some banging Shinies and we'll MOVE

Loving all the work guys, keep it up!

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

why the hell have I been up for 20 hours and updating the doc at 2am lol

Hiya y'all, sorry for the late update but doc has been updated! we only have 8 more shinies to go from Gen 1 so submit submit submit!

cheers again for the support~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Shiny Project Update! Shiny Project Update!

Hey Y'all! Big News! we've completed Generation 1!! wooooo yeeeaaah lets goooo.. well not really.. we still need to accept a Mewtwo Shiny lmao

But since its one Pokemon with 2 Megas, its about time we move on.

As of today we are finally finally moving onto Generation 2! So this means that ALL Submissions must be from the 2nd Generation of Pokemon, with exceptions of Mewtwo, and Later Generation Evolutions.

Cheers for the continued hard work! keep it up guys

• Thanks 3

• Global Mods

Actually an on time update?? holy FUDGE CAKES

We've made a hefty amount of progress already in Generation 2 hot damn, cheers for all the submissions guys! Doc has been updated and we are actually only 8 away from moving onto Generation 3!

Keep em coming lads~

• Like 1

• Global Mods

On time update! On time update!

Doc has been updated! we only need 3 more Shinies to complete Generation 2! so the moment we've accepted them 3, I will move onto the next Gen immediately

Also could Edo please dm me about their Submission

Lets get it!

• Global Mods

Generation Update

Hey y'all, as the title says.. its time we move onto Generation 3! Cheers for all the work in grinding out the rest of Generation 2~

What this means is that, we will only be accepting submissions from Generation 3, so please keep that in mind when you are submitting your Shinies. Any Shinies submitting from a different Generation will be immediately rejected.

Hope you see what y'all get up to x

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

An update within 24 hours of the last update?!? oh my god

So due to the increased amount of responses since the last update (20+ in 24hrs, y'all are crazy), We've already gone through and updated the Doc

So yeah continue to go crazy aaaa

Keep it up! 

• Global Mods

Wow Posty is on fire with these updates lol (i've lost my mind with these titles)

Document has been updated! we're driving through Gen 3 so keep it up everybody~ loving the recent drive for pumping out Shinies it's been great!

Also one more thing, a bunch of you have noticed a post made in the Discussions by Khrona (some nerd a good pal) about the creation of Silvally Shinies for Desolation, if you wish to take part in helping him create/edit the Shiny Silvallies he has made, then check out the link here: 

If you create a Silvally, please upload it to this side thread INCLUDING the back sprite, I will then later take them and add them to the folder (if we approve of them ofc)

Thats all for now folks~ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

:)

Doc has been updated! sorry for the delay on this one, I'm currently quite busy with Uni Assignments which are due around the 18th, so overall I've been a bit slow! But yeah we are getting through Gen 3 quite nicely, keep it coming!

Also could Hycrox chuck me a dm~

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

its been 3000 years... again

Hey y'all it's me again, Document has been updated! Apologies for the delay on the update, tbh it has been extremely slow lately with only a max of 10 submissions in the past 2 and a half weeks, we only have 25 more Shinies til we have completed Generation 3 and ideally I would love to get this done and moved onto Gen 4 before the new year!

Lets try and get it going y'all, share the project around! anyone can join in and attempt to make a Shiny (following the guidelines ofc) 

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Posty said:

its been 3000 years... again

Hey y'all it's me again, Document has been updated! Apologies for the delay on the update, tbh it has been extremely slow lately with only a max of 10 submissions in the past 2 and a half weeks, we only have 25 more Shinies til we have completed Generation 3 and ideally I would love to get this done and moved onto Gen 4 before the new year!

Lets try and get it going y'all, share the project around! anyone can join in and attempt to make a Shiny (following the guidelines ofc) 

Cheers!

What gen sprite packs are you using? Would love to submit